Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2019, 18:02   #2596
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
Is anyone else here facing this issue or can help me resolve this?
I have not used the blower towards the feet in any of my cars. In your situation, I would just block that vent - at least Tata gets a fix for that.
Old 3rd September 2019, 19:09   #2597

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I have not used the blower towards the feet in any of my cars. In your situation, I would just block that vent - at least Tata gets a fix for that.
The blower is always set towards the center / front facing vents, not towards the feet. It's not that hot air is coming out of the foot well air vents, rather heat radiating near the dead pedal which is the issue.
Will be shooting an email to Tata motors. Let's see how they respond before taking it further.
G.Harry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2019, 19:48   #2598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's not that hot air is coming out of the foot well air vents, rather heat radiating near the dead pedal which is the issue.
oops - missed the key word "radiating". Can you place some plastic sheet there to reduce the radiation for now ?
Old 3rd September 2019, 20:01   #2599

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
oops - missed the key word "radiating". Can you place some plastic sheet there to reduce the radiation for now ?
The A.S.S. guys put foam there, but it doesn't help. I asked them to put thermal insulating material, but they didn't have any!
Old 3rd September 2019, 23:14   #2600
BHPian

Deleted the video on YouTube by mistake so uploaded again and here is the link.

Also, as pointed out by a member, the link from AliExpress is not working either. Here is the new link for whosoever wishes to purchase it -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3295...3f754c4diAmtff

(PS- I am not related to the vendor, just shared for the convenience of other members)
racsaxen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 05:31   #2601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Regarding the gear, generally I faced this issue only for shifting to 1st in the first 15-20 minutes after delivery. No issues for any other gears - they are butter smooth & quite precisely gated. Please ensure you are shifting it at the right speed & not too early (many times by habit of previous car's tuning). Also ensure you are fully pressing the clutch pedal to the floor. What you have reported many times is caused by pushift too early or half-engaged clutch.

Also try to tweak your driving position. The 1-3-5 gears go a bit too far if your driving position is laid back. That means we don't put enough force when shifting from 2 to 3 as it means more effort from the shoulder . See if you can pull the seat a bit forward or reduce the recline. This might help mostly.
Thank you Reinhard.
I don't know what could have been the exact cause.

But I think, "shifting too early" is possible because my old Beat (P) can touch 5th gear at 40 kmph while the Nexon needs a clear stretch to go to even 5th gear and the 6th gear is engaged only on highways.

There is a slight and ocassional problem now. The problem is more with respect to the gear handle or gear stick falling into the slot or place rather than the car jerking once we move to 3rd gear. The mechanical aspect was not very smooth. I have a hunch it is the gear handle and the slot for it to move that could have an issue.

I did not tweak my driving seat position as I was quite comfortable with respect to legs reaching the pedals and hands holding the steering and reaching the gear.
balaji_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 10:08   #2602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Heat radiating from the RHS leg side panel

With the A.C. running at 24C, fan speed - 1, air direction - center (front). There is a major issue I am facing wherein heat is radiating from the RHS leg side panel, next to foot rest (circled in red in the pic). The side panel having the vents becomes hot and radiates so much heat ,within half an hour, while driving that I have to move my leg away.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
This generally happens when the outside temp is less than the ACC set temp. For eg. If the outside temp is 21 and the ACC is 24 then the airvents near leg will blow warm air. This happens in my nexon as well
Hi! Tried this deliberately when coming to office in rain. Set the ACC temp to 26.5 when outside was around 23c. The mentioned panel did get slightly warm indeed. But felt it only when I actually touched the panel with hand. Wasn't feeling any radiating heat actually reaching my leg as such. Drove for a good 1.5 hour to reach office. It is possible that I'm not feeling this at all due to my seating position. My leg doesn't go too much near that panel. Anyway - even to touch it wasn't "hot". It was lukewarm at most and didn't feel like a big deal.

And, I know this from other cars also. I have experienced this same behaviour in a 2016 Peugeot 308SW station wagon (gem of a car with a huge pano-sunroof!) when I used to have it in Belgium. Had reported it to them & indeed it was confirmed as expected behaviour when cabin temperature is higher than outside temperature. Its by design.

Technical information they told me back then - (In broken English & French!) The hot coolant water is directed between the floor console with metal plumbing for usage when heating is required. In the past it used to be rubber pipes that used to reduce heat radiation. But they tended to harden, break & cause hot water leakage into cabin! So now most auto makers use strong metal plumbing all the way - which tends to radiate heat in the foot well. I don't think there will be a "fix" for this as such. I suggest you don't turn on the AC and use only blower if you are going to set the cabin temperature higher than outside. Otherwise - simply set it to 0.5c lower than outside temperature.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th September 2019 at 10:09.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 11:53   #2603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racsaxen View Post
Deleted the video on YouTube by mistake so uploaded again and here is the link.
Oh by the way, I just noticed the TNT sticker on RHS .
How to get one? I follow it on Twitter. Is there any way to purchase it? Or it can only be won as a "goodie" via one-off contests? TIA.
Old 4th September 2019, 12:01   #2604
BHPian

off topic: GST council may reduce the rate from 28 to 18, scheduled to meet on 20 Sep 2019. EMI savings of more than 2K INR is worth a wait, i guess.

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 4th September 2019 at 12:03.
spr1ngleo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 12:22   #2605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heat radiating from the RHS leg side panel

With the A.C. running at 24C, fan speed - 1, air direction - center (front). There is a major issue I am facing wherein heat is radiating from the RHS leg side panel, next to foot rest (circled in red in the pic). The side panel having the vents becomes hot and radiates so much heat ,within half an hour, while driving that I have to move my leg away.

Thanks

This is not an issue, all cars with climatizer including premium ones have it.
Hot air through feet vent and cold air through dash vents help maintain both humidity and temperature.
My ecosport has it too. to bi-pass this I often set the thermostat at the minimum and use the cool switch when it becomes cold.

Rahul
Old 4th September 2019, 12:32   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
off topic: GST council may reduce the rate from 28 to 18, scheduled to meet on 20 Sep 2019. EMI savings of more than 2K INR is worth a wait, i guess.
If the GST rates will go down so will the discounts. Haggle on the discounts and the on-road price now and post GST reduction will be similar. I suggest if you are getting a good deal now go ahead.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 15:23   #2607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hi! Tried this deliberately when coming to office in rain. Set the ACC temp to 26.5 when outside was around 23c. The mentioned panel did get slightly warm indeed. But felt it only when I actually touched the panel with hand. Wasn't feeling any radiating heat actually reaching my leg as such. Drove for a good 1.5 hour to reach office. It is possible that I'm not feeling this at all due to my seating position. My leg doesn't go too much near that panel. Anyway - even to touch it wasn't "hot". It was lukewarm at most and didn't feel like a big deal.

And, I know this from other cars also. I have experienced this same behaviour in a 2016 Peugeot 308SW station wagon (gem of a car with a huge pano-sunroof!) when I used to have it in Belgium. Had reported it to them & indeed it was confirmed as expected behaviour when cabin temperature is higher than outside temperature. Its by design.

Technical information they told me back then - (In broken English & French!) The hot coolant water is directed between the floor console with metal plumbing for usage when heating is required. In the past it used to be rubber pipes that used to reduce heat radiation. But they tended to harden, break & cause hot water leakage into cabin! So now most auto makers use strong metal plumbing all the way - which tends to radiate heat in the foot well. I don't think there will be a "fix" for this as such. I suggest you don't turn on the AC and use only blower if you are going to set the cabin temperature higher than outside. Otherwise - simply set it to 0.5c lower than outside temperature.
Thank you for going through the effort. This definitely gives me a sense of relief that there is no major issue with my car. Although it does get uncomfortably hot for my leg, hoping the A.S.S. can bring it down to tolerable levels. Also, will try to set the temp 0.5C lower than outside temperature as per your suggestion.
Thanks again
TC
G.Harry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2019, 16:03   #2608
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexon KRAZ Edition 2019 Teaser is leaked by RushLane on Youtube. Looks like the neon green accents will be replaced by an orange shade this time around.
I hope they base this one on the XT+ instead of the XM this time. Otherwise it lacked some key features last time.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th September 2019 at 16:09.
Old 4th September 2019, 16:22   #2609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
This is not an issue, all cars with climatizer including premium ones have it.
Hot air through feet vent and cold air through dash vents help maintain both humidity and temperature.
My ecosport has it too. to bi-pass this I often set the thermostat at the minimum and use the cool switch when it becomes cold.

Rahul
Definitely never had this issue on any of my earlier cars which include the Elite i20 Asta, my previous car. It probably had enough insulation to not let the heat escape, which I guess is what is happening with the Nexon.

And honestly, I don't see the point of having ACC if you can't set the temperature according to your comfort level and have to manually switch it off/on. I've never set the temp. lower than 22C on any ACC equipped car, ever.
Old 4th September 2019, 17:29   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for going through the effort. This definitely gives me a sense of relief that there is no major issue with my car. Although it does get uncomfortably hot for my leg, hoping the A.S.S. can bring it down to tolerable levels. Also, will try to set the temp 0.5C lower than outside temperature as per your suggestion.
Thanks again
TC
Hi Harry. The issue that you mentioned is a carry over from the original platform that the Nexon is based on, the X1(zest/bolt twins). My Bolt has a similar issue which I have never bothered to fix neither I'm aware if there is a possible fix. As has been pointed out its not hot air from the climate control but heat that radiates from the panel to the left of the clutch pedal possibly due to some piping or something else. Its mostly ignorable but can be disconcerting at times as the footwell can get warm while the other cabin remains cold. You can check and will find that the passenger footwell does not have this issue. This can get especially irritating if you drive with shorts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks