Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2019, 10:46   #2626
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Thats a reasonable cost. How much oil does the 1.5 D drink? I forgot and not able to remember at all. 2400 isn't much - does it not include labour charge because of this being a free service?

I have also filled Shell diesel for the first time yesterday (regular, not V Power). MID is showing better mileage numbers & lower RPM torque seems smoother in delivery. Let's see how it goes over till next tank fill. BP regular diesel was giving me around 23kmpl consistently. This T2T will give an idea of Shell. I used to fill Shell in my 1.3MJD car & it made absolutely no difference in any of the metrics compared to others. Perhaps that means the 1.3MJD is a versatile and better calibrated engine that doesn't give much variance across different fuel variants. Will keep monitoring. Interesting to compare these two.
No Labor cost thankfully. That would have been another 1000 inclusive of taxes. Nexon Diesel takes in 5L. Even I was surprised with the cost, which make me to think did they just top up or change the oil. I did check at the service center and the oil was less viscous and milder colour than what I had given. Oil filter was some 3-400 Rs.

Honestly I have no clue on other fuel brands. I have been using Shell for last 4 years. My Brio was always on Shell and Nexon has not seen any other brand. For me it is more about convenience. I have 2 shell bunks near home, 1 at 700 mtrs and other at 1.2 Km. Helps me fill air on cold tyre. There is another IOCL which is notorious so I avoid that pump.
As I fill Shell regularly, I try to find shell when I am travelling as well. Also diesel cost difference between Shell and other brands is just about Rs.1/L so no issues on that.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 20:10   #2627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
off topic: GST council may reduce the rate from 28 to 18, scheduled to meet on 20 Sep 2019. EMI savings of more than 2K INR is worth a wait, i guess.

I am so waiting for this GST cut
Hopefully it is accepted by the GST Council.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
If the GST rates will go down so will the discounts. Haggle on the discounts and the on-road price now and post GST reduction will be similar. I suggest if you are getting a good deal now go ahead.
I am checking with Concorde, and they are not offering any great discounts, except the cash discount of 25K and 25K as exchange bonus and 2k as corporate discount.
All other similar cars are getting a cool 1Lakh discount.

So I am also waiting for the GST announcement.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th September 2019 at 08:10. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi quote option (Quote+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Smileys
Old 12th September 2019, 21:20   #2628
BHPian

Nexon owners,

A very strange query. Finding a comfortable driving position is hard for me in Nexon. I took three test drives at a periodic interval of around a month. Each time, I could not get it right. No matter how hard I try, there is always a gap of around three/four fingers between the front edge of the seat and my inner knee. I am beginning to wonder if I have abnormally long femur bone. On the other hand, both EcoSport and Venue, I quickly found the perfect driving position, giving me a near perfect under thigh support. For the record, I am 5 ft 7.5 in tall.

May be because Nexon front seat base length is 480 mm where as EcoSport front seat base length is 495 mm. I like Nexon as a package but the aforementioned issue is the only fly in the ointment.

I wonder how Reinhard and others tall folks manage to sit right.

TIA.

Last edited by spr1ngleo : 12th September 2019 at 21:44. Reason: Typo
Old 12th September 2019, 22:49   #2629
BHPian

Quote:
A very strange query. Finding a comfortable driving position is hard for me in Nexon. I took three test drives at a periodic interval of around a month. Each time, I could not get it right. No matter how hard I try, there is always a gap of around three/four fingers between the front edge of the seat and my inner knee. I am beginning to wonder if I have abnormally long femur bone. On the other hand, both EcoSport and Venue, I quickly found the perfect driving position, giving me a near perfect under thigh support. For the record, I am 5 ft 7.5 in tall.

I am about the same height the seats fit me like a glove and I feel the ride is more plush when compared to an Ecosport.
You may want to try this item to extend the seat cushion or go for a custom seat.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3291...chweb201603_60

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 14th September 2019 at 17:47. Reason: See mod note
BeingHuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 14:07   #2630

Quote:
I had a similar problem initially. This is how I solved it.
  1. First adjusted the seat height according to my preference.
  2. Stepped out of the car for a second and stepped back in to check if ingress or egress is comfortable.
  3. Now adjusted the back rest in very small steps till I found the sweet spot.
The seat height adjustment in not entirely vertical but at an incline. I guess that makes a difference.
TC

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 14th September 2019 at 17:41. Reason: See mod note
G.Harry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 10:29   #2631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For the record, I am 5 ft 7.5 in tall.
I am 6'3".
But yes for first 2 days I was also fiddling around to get the right position (was used to particular ergonomics for 9 years without change, so that played a part too). Could find a position easily, but in that one the steering was hiding console dials! Did find a very comfortable, tall and laid back position after 2 days of trials. So it wasn't immediate for me. Funnily, the position was a perfect fit during my TD, so someone like me had set it previously luckily.

I think its the lack of rake adjustment that complicates it. That would make finding position an instantaneous job. Ecosport has it. If it lets you find a perfect position easier, get an Ecosport.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th September 2019 at 10:58.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 10:55   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Ecosport has it. If it lets you find a perfect position easier, get an Ecosport.
I tested the driver Seat of Nexon, i20, venue and EcoSport (in that order) back to back within a span of 2 hrs. My quest for perfect driving posture ended with EcoSport, and hence booked it right then and there.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 10:59   #2633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My quest for perfect driving posture ended with EcoSport, and hence booked it right then and there.
Congratulations! Where did you book it from? Got a good deal? Which trim and colour? Spill the beans .
Old 14th September 2019, 11:04   #2634
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Where did you book it from? Got a good deal? Which trim and colour? Spill the beans .
Dhone Ford, Hadapsar, Solapur Highway. Diamond white, Titanium TDCi. 35k flat discount. Mine is a corporate purchase, so the dealer does not have a leeway to give any freebies.

Also enquired what if the GST gets reduced to 18% after September 20. He assured me that at the time of invoicing whatever rate will be prevailing, will be applied.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 13:14   #2635
BHPian

Hi Guys,

It's been two months I moved to Bengaluru and second free service is due for the Brute, I would like to know if Classic Motors Yeshwanthpur (TASC) is a good place to get service done. I do not know anything about Bangalore except the place I live . It would be helpful if you guys can recommend a service station near yeshwanthpur, Peenya or the areas nearby.

I work at Jayanagar however I take the metro from Nagasandra. Jayanagar is also an option but the last time I took my car there the Google maps played tricks with me and I got lost for one and half hour
So I am scared to drive there.

Help required from fellow Bangalore BHPians

Last edited by ShivrajG : 15th September 2019 at 13:16. Reason: Added few words
Old 15th September 2019, 13:45   #2636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
Hi Guys,

It's been two months I moved to Bengaluru and second free service is due for the Brute, I would like to know if Classic Motors Yeshwanthpur (TASC) is a good place to get service done. I do not know anything about Bangalore except the place I live . It would be helpful if you guys can recommend a service station near yeshwanthpur, Peenya or the areas nearby.

I work at Jayanagar however I take the metro from Nagasandra. Jayanagar is also an option but the last time I took my car there the Google maps played tricks with me and I got lost for one and half hour
So I am scared to drive there.

Help required from fellow Bangalore BHPians
I found KHT at Mahadevpura considerably good. Only thing which I am hearing about all Tata service is while taking the vehicle back you need to do something like PDI. Else you will end up going back to them in a week. I have been through that.
I don't know where you live in Bangalore but there is one more TASS Concorde at dairy circle. I have not visited them yet.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 15:24   #2637
Senior - BHPian

Classic Motors is good, you may give for service there. I also prefer going to Concorde, Dairy Circle (1 Km from Jayanagar), since it is closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
Hi Guys, It's been two months I moved to Bengaluru and second free service is due for the Brute, I would like to know if Classic Motors Yeshwanthpur (TASC) is a good place to get service done. I do not know anything about Bangalore except the place I live
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 16:59   #2638
Senior - BHPian

Would like to know, from any petrol Nexon owners, if any, on this forum, as to the kind of fuel efficiency one can expect? Both in city & highways. Normal driving, no histrionics.
Been contemplating a gasoline Nexon, as daily run is less than 40kms but heard rumours that petrol powered Nexon's return single digit FE figures even in City mode.
That's why I thought I might as well ask actual users on this forum
Thanks in advance for all the help!
Old 15th September 2019, 19:17   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Would like to know, from any petrol Nexon owners, if any, on this forum, as to the kind of fuel efficiency one can expect? Both in city & highways. Normal driving, no histrionics.
Been contemplating a gasoline Nexon, as daily run is less than 40kms but heard rumours that petrol powered Nexon's return single digit FE figures even in City mode.
That's why I thought I might as well ask actual users on this forum
Thanks in advance for all the help!
I would suggest if your average running is 1000km or more consider the diesel. You get bigger engine, longer tank range decent city and highway fuel economy.

Diesel in city will return 14-15kmpl is peak traffic ( average speed of 14 kmph).
Petrol in similar condition will return about 9-10 max.

My average running is about 1200 km and I chose diesel over petrol
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 11:13   #2640
BHPian

Saw a camouflaged Nexon Facelift been tested on the Mumbai - Pune expressway. The driver did not let me take pictures but allowed to have a look around.
It has a face heavily derived from the Harrier. Sharper and meaner than the current one. Headlights were similar to Harrier and with DRLs too matching of it's elder sibling. Interiors were similar to that of the current one as seen from the outside. Engine was specially tuned in my opinion because when it went past us, it was doing very high speed with ease.

He had stopped at the Khopoli exit and we did as well to check it out, did not entertain us much but allowed to have a walk around of it. Nexon is definitely getting better with this facelift.

Last edited by SDP : 18th September 2019 at 16:11. Reason: High speed mention removed
VWAllstar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed