Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 13:52   #2641
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Would like to know, from any petrol Nexon owners, if any, on this forum, as to the kind of fuel efficiency one can expect? Both in city & highways. Normal driving, no histrionics.
I have been driving XZA+ (P) variant for the last one year. The mileage in the initial one or two months was dismal. I was getting only 5-6 kmpl in city traffic with temperature set to 24°C at all times. After the first service, it rose marginally to 8-9kmpl at most.
Presently, I have changed my driving style and now I'm getting around 11kmpl in the city.
The mileage on the highways hovers around 14-15kmpl at speeds of 80kmph.
All the mileage are calculated by T2T method and not the MID reading.

-Paras
PapaKiloSierra9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 14:26   #2642
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKiloSierra9 View Post
After the first service, it rose marginally to 8-9kmpl at most.
That's interesting. Do you know what they did? Did they do any ECU map flashing etc? Because generally the 1st "service" is just about washing and cleaning. They don't do anything at all unless specifically asked to fix some major problem. Even for niggles they try to avoid and push to next service unless we are persistent. So interested to know what happened that actually changed the mileage after 1st service. Do share if you know. Thanks!
Old 16th September 2019, 15:55   #2643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving XZA+ (P) variant for the last one year. The mileage in the initial one or two months was dismal. I was getting only 5-6 kmpl in city traffic with temperature set to 24°C at all times. After the first service, it rose marginally to 8-9kmpl at most.

-Paras
Thanks a million Paras. Managed to get in touch with another owner of a petrol powered Nexon and she also corroborated what you said.
Old 16th September 2019, 16:10   #2644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That's interesting. Do you know what they did? Did they do any ECU map flashing etc? Because generally the 1st "service" is just about washing and cleaning. They don't do anything at all unless specifically asked to fix some major problem. Even for niggles they try to avoid and push to next service unless we are persistent. So interested to know what happened that actually changed the mileage after 1st service. Do share if you know. Thanks!
For my Tiago they charged Rs.250/- for first free service and topped up oil, coolant etc., although it is defined as "free" service.
I assume the protocol should be same for all vehicles. But I did not see any change in mileage as expected post that service 2 months ago. Just waiting for last free service when the oil will be changed.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 16th September 2019 at 16:14.
Old 16th September 2019, 16:20   #2645

Quote:
Would like to know, from any petrol Nexon owners, if any, on this forum, as to the kind of fuel efficiency one can expect? Both in city & highways. Normal driving, no histrionics.
Been contemplating a gasoline Nexon, as daily run is less than 40kms but heard rumours that petrol powered Nexon's return single digit FE figures even in City mode.
That's why I thought I might as well ask actual users on this forum
Thanks in advance for all the help!
I am getting <10 kmpl (city) by both MID wise and T2T wise.
If there is a mix of highway driving where you can go 60-80 kmph, then 11 kmpl.
Mine is a one month old Nexon Petrol.

I have completed first service. Had told about the clock time getting changed randomly. The problem persists despite what they said was a software update. May be they just reloaded it. The software date is still November 2018 and the clock time is always wrong, and randomly wrong. Today they took the car to set it right, but it failed to get corrected.
They said they will check up with the company and get back to me.
Old 16th September 2019, 16:34   #2646
BHPian

Quote:
Presently, I have changed my driving style and now I'm getting around 11kmpl in the city.
All the mileage are calculated by T2T method and not the MID reading.

-Paras
Isn't 14-15 kmpl way too low a mileage at a speed of 80kmph even for an autobox and a heavy vehicle? I can understand if this was at say 120kmph.
Old 16th September 2019, 17:02   #2647

Quote:
I was getting only 5-6 kmpl in city traffic with temperature set to 24°C at all times. After the first service, it rose marginally to 8-9kmpl at most.
-Paras
Hi Paras,
I am exactly in the same boat as you were. It's been a little more than a month and my XZA+ (P) is giving me only 6kmpl with AC always set to 24C. The MID avg. always shows 8kmpl with no change whatsoever, hasn't even increased by a decimal point, which makes me believe that's the lowest it can show.

I'll be going for the 1st service this week. Can you please tell me what was done in your car during service which improved the mileage? Also, did you get the engine oil changed because I'm planning to get it done.
11kmpl in city is quite good for the petrol amt. How do you manage it?
Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 17:07   #2648
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
For my Tiago they charged Rs.250/- for first free service and topped up oil, coolant etc., although it is defined as "free" service.
Well to clarify, free service = free labour. Any consumables and equipment will be chargeable. So they charged you for the oil and coolant that was used. Whether it was really needed or not - don't dwell on that ever again.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 19:34   #2649
BHPian

I recently had my 2nd service done.I was kind of forced to opt for paid wheel balancing citing it would void my warranty if I refuse to go for it(~700rs for consumables and wheel balancing). I was hoping they would replace the flywheel to reduce intermittent vibrations while doing sudden accelerations.They instead followed the ECM software update procedure which seems to have reduced the occurrences so far.

Fuel efficiency on my Diesel XZA was 14kmpl on the MID during the initial few weeks.
My vehicle has done 6000kms so far, It is now hovering over 18.7-18.9kmpl with 80% city driving conditions and with AC on 100% and is set at 23.5c.

My driving style is spirited, I am sure if I did the same on petrol XZA I wont be able to achieve more than 13kmpl.

Last edited by BeingHuman : 16th September 2019 at 19:38. Reason: added content
BeingHuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 10:13   #2650
BHPian

Quote:
Been contemplating a gasoline Nexon, as daily run is less than 40kms but heard rumours that petrol powered Nexon's return single digit FE figures even in City mode.
That's why I thought I might as well ask actual users on this forum
Thanks in advance for all the help!
I have a petrol XZ+, and the first service is scheduled on this Saturday, Sept. 21. Currently getting a city mileage of 9.3 kmpl, T2T, in Kolkata, in City mode (100%).

Last edited by Inquisitive : 17th September 2019 at 10:14.
Inquisitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 10:58   #2651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Harry View Post
I'll be going for the 1st service this week. Can you please tell me what was done in your car during service which improved the mileage? Also, did you get the engine oil changed because I'm planning to get it done.
Please do keep us posted about your experience. I shall be going this Saturday to KB Motors and your experience would definitely help in knowing what to expect, especially in the areas of infotainment and ECU updates. The clock setting is a complete mess and I have indicated that very clearly in their JD Power assisted customer survey.

Last edited by Inquisitive : 17th September 2019 at 11:00.
Inquisitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 11:54   #2652
Senior - BHPian

You mean your clock is showing wrong time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
The clock setting is a complete mess and I have indicated that very clearly in their JD Power assisted customer survey.
Old 17th September 2019, 12:04   #2653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
You mean your clock is showing wrong time?
Our (Mine, Reinherd and balaji_b) and probably some others' infotainment system has a mind of its own
Old 17th September 2019, 12:07   #2654
Senior - BHPian

Are you saying you can't reset the clock to show correct time? Sorry if I have missed your posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Our (Mine, Reinherd and balaji_b) and probably some others' infotainment system has a mind of its own
Old 17th September 2019, 12:11   #2655
BHPian

Yes, neither from HU nor from MID. Within two hours, its all lost. Yeah.. I have mentioned this in the forum before.
Inquisitive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed