Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2019, 10:11   #2701
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Today hit low fuel warning first time since I got the car.
There are a lot said about this. Does it make a difference if we keep driving the car till the low fuel warning comes up? Post that the car is good enough for another 50-60 Kms generally so does it cause any harm if we keep refilling it when the light comes on?
Old 9th October 2019, 10:16   #2702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
There are a lot said about this. Does it make a difference if we keep driving the car till the low fuel warning comes up? Post that the car is good enough for another 50-60 Kms generally so does it cause any harm if we keep refilling it when the light comes on?
It is recommended to fill up before one hits the low fuel. More so on Highways. Low fuel puts unnecessary stress on the fuel pump. I think it is mentioned in the Owner's manual as well (page 46 and 49).

Last edited by aniyo : 9th October 2019 at 10:21.
aniyo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2019, 10:17   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
I usually fill up with DTE 170-180 Km
It's amusing how your personal preference becomes a car's capability.

My last post on this point.

avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 16:03   #2704

I am wondering if I should wait for a newer revised version or get the current one.
technofunky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 17:52   #2705
Senior - BHPian

Checked out the Nexon again yesterday. Getting in and out is a major pain, unless the seat is pushed into a position that's uncomfortable to drive.

Tigor on the other hand was better in this respect. The sloping roof line between the A and B pillars is the culprit here.
Old 13th October 2019, 18:41   #2706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Getting in and out is a major pain, unless the seat is pushed into a position that's uncomfortable to drive.
I am wondering why you would find Tigor better! Was the steering at a lower angle? or was the seat set high?

I am 5.9ft and 100kg and have never found it uncomfortable.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 18:51   #2707
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I am wondering why you would find Tigor better! Was the steering at a lower angle? or was the seat set high?

I am 5.9ft and 100kg and have never found it uncomfortable.
The roof line of the Nexon is a little more sloping than the Tigor is what I think. That inch or two makes a difference, at least to me.

The SA did get in and out easily but I guess I am lesser of an athletic now.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 09:44   #2708
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I had my second service last month and the A.S.S did not reset the service reminder icon. Now this icon is showing up on MID constantly. I there a way i can get this off without going to service center
Old 14th October 2019, 09:47   #2709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by technofunky View Post
I am wondering if I should wait for a newer revised version or get the current one.
If its the pure driving experience that you enjoy - get the current one. It has sufficient creature comforts, best currently available certified safety & good fun while driving. It will save you a lot of bucks since there are good discounts right now & the facelift most likely will come with a price bump.

If you are also interested in the number of buttons on the steering and other electronic gizmos - then wait for the new one as it will mostly get more of these.
Quote:
Hi Guys,
I had my second service last month and the A.S.S did not reset the service reminder icon. Now this icon is showing up on MID constantly. I there a way i can get this off without going to service center
Yes, there is a way of course. Long press the MODE button on the console till the "0" service reminder starts blinking. I think it takes about 10 seconds or so. After it starts blinking, release the button. Then press it again & hold the same way. After another 10 seconds or so - the reminder will be gone. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th October 2019 at 09:53.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 04:54   #2710
Senior - BHPian

My dear friend Malwett got an incredible after-market touch screen fitted in his XM. Going a bit further, he added these cool 'Transformer Series' alloys - which has indeed transformed his ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-24163b2181cb4981b51839f0949f2ae2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-eb38278a893244f29c61d349677b9d97.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 06:16   #2711
Distinguished - BHPian

I've a request to owners of diesel Nexon. Can you please take a clear snap of the firewall and show me where are the grommets located so that a wire can be passed through it from inside of cabin to engine bay? Also to owners of the variants which came without fog lamps who have got fog lamps installed. Can you share the way how wiring has been done? I need to see all this as a non BHPian friend of mine, who owns a top diesel variant (manual) wants to install projector fog lamps and that install has to be done by me. We cannot take the connection directly from the stock wiring as the Nexon fog lamps have cornering function and it illuminates the HIDs when taking a turn. That could damage the bulbs. Thanks in advance.
Old 15th October 2019, 11:16   #2712
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I've a request to owners of diesel Nexon. Can you please take a clear snap of the firewall and show me where are the grommets located so that a wire can be passed through it from inside of cabin to engine bay?
Here you go. Pictures from my XZ+ D. Apologies for the lighting, no matter what settings I tried, this is how bright it would get. Perils of an underground office parking!

Driver side grommet -

Personally I'd use this one to run the relay switch wire. Its right behind the engine, besides the steering gear. You won't miss it. This will send the wire right in the driver foot-well. I think this is best for easy wiring afterwards.

Pierce a hole in this, run the wire & seal it off with silicone sealant after installation. You can install the switch on the RHS of the dashboard near where the driver's right knee would be. Simplest & convenient installation.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-driversidegrommet.jpg

Passenger side grommet -

Its right behind the fuse box. Well placed & any water reaching here is quite tough. But that would send your wire into passenger foot-well & then you'll have to run it to the RHS internally. This is very near the battery though.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-passengersidegrommet.jpg

----------

Did a quick DIY over last couple of days. A large (relative on Amazon.in) size compass vinyl decal applied offset on the bonnet RHS to make the car stand out a bit in a sea of whites out there. Costed only Rs. 229 on Amazon.in. Very good quality.

Took 15 minutes for install including a quick shampoo pre-wash & drying. Did a dry install as the size didn't warrant a wet-mounting. I wasn't looking for any millimeter perfect line matching and precision anyway. Its an abstract.

Also made the squeegee as a DIY using 4 outdated loyalty/membership cards.

Compass Decal on Bonnet -

Tata Nexon : Official Review-compasspic.jpg

DIY Squeegee -

Tata Nexon : Official Review-squigeediy.jpg

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th October 2019 at 11:17.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 18:58   #2713
BHPian

Anyone purchased a Nexon XZA+ recently in Mumbai/Pune? Any idea of the discounts going on for them?

Last edited by turbospooler : 15th October 2019 at 19:01. Reason: Had mentioned XTA which seems to be discontinued or I am mistaken.
Old 16th October 2019, 13:51   #2714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Anyone purchased a Nexon XZA+ recently in Mumbai/Pune? Any idea of the discounts going on for them?
The primary "official" offers applicable for XZA+ right now are as follows -

Petrol -
15k cash discount
25k exchange bonus
7.5k corporate discount

Diesel -
25k cash discount
25k exchange bonus
7.5k corporate discount

There is a lot more to it in terms of better valuation of your old car (much better than cars24 etc. for sure), discount on insurance, 10k odd worth of good car accessories. I know it first hand. But those offers are "unlocked" after you actually make a booking. PM me in case you are looking for a good deal in Pune. I can connect to a good sales rep.

Also - the offers will start fading soon as car makers will start preparing for face-lifts, BSVI engine moves etc. Cars like Nexon don't have any inventory. All are getting "fresh" cars made 1-2 weeks before booking. So TML doesn't have an express need of stock clearance discounts as such on this car.

Maruti in-fact went ahead and said this is the peak of discounts and they'll be pulling back consumer offers post festivals.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 14:42   #2715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Going a bit further, he added these cool 'Transformer Series' alloys - which has indeed transformed his ride.
Wow, these alloys look smashing on the car. Honestly, I am not a great fan of the alloys on my Nexon but they grew on me slowly. Tata motors has a lot of scope for innovation in this department. Their design with the car is top notch but sub standard alloy designs let the car down. Even the new Altroz hasn't got a great design either.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks