Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 10:37   #2731
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

The lower grille on the Nexon seems pretty useless in terms of protection for the condenser/inter-cooler. (Evidently in spy shots this is being fixed in the upcoming face-lift thankfully).

Has anyone tried to install some custom mesh behind the lower grille? Something that would block any stones/rocks or other items coming towards us? I'm looking of installing something myself (even a thick nylon mesh with zip ties with nothing else works out). So if anyone has done something on these lines already, pointers would be of good help!
Old 24th October 2019, 00:46   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post

Their mats for Nexon will come in at 6.8K.
Does anyone have experience with the above 2 products?
Just my opinion :Unless you really want it, 6.8k seems quite a bit on the higher side to be spent on floor mats. I don't have 3M but put in the noodle mats. It was a DIY.. Bought a few metres of the mat and cut it as per the contours of the floor. It now covers the entire floor including the dicky.. just like matting. Total cost = 2k. I then put the rubber mats i got as complimentary on top.Helps in easy cleaning.Another benefit of the mat is that rubbing your sole against it gives a good sensation.. something like a massage. Really helps during long trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191023_105932.jpg  

Ram78 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 12:08   #2733
BHPian

Took a test drive of Nexon along with a friend. They had brought the car to our office. It was a short test drive. Overall, I liked it. I am looking for an upgrade to our existing steed, 9 year old Zen Estilo. Given our Estilo is very well maintained at the moment, I am not in a hurry. However, the Nexon would surely be in the shortlist when I do decide to upgrade.

For size comparison, I parked it along with my existing steed, 9 year old Zen Estilo.

Nexon and Estilo
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191004_153258.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191004_153231.jpg

Incidentally, on the very next day, I encountered a pair of Nexon on the Durgapur Expressway. Drove behind them for a while to see the road manner and stance. They looked pretty stable!

Nexon Twin
gmhossain is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 13:36   #2734
BHPian

Does Nexon have a speed limiter? My July manufactured XZ+ has single beep function at 80 kmph and rapid beeps after 120 kmph. However I experienced a dampened throttle response beyond 90 kmph, and you really have to floor the gas pedal to increase speed. Is it just me or it is for real? May be I missed, but never saw anything on print about this feature in Nexon.
Old 26th October 2019, 13:46   #2735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitive View Post
Does Nexon have a speed limiter? My July manufactured XZ+ has single beep function at 80 kmph and rapid beeps after 120 kmph. However I experienced a dampened throttle response beyond 90 kmph, and you really have to floor the gas pedal to increase speed. Is it just me or it is for real? May be I missed, but never saw anything on print about this feature in Nexon.
Nexon does not have speed limiter.

Last edited by SDP : 27th October 2019 at 09:18. Reason: Edited out mention of illegal speeds. Please familiarise yourself with the rules once again
koushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2019, 22:32   #2736
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith View Post
Firstly I thank Moderators for approving my membership on TeamBhp and this is my first post.

I was looking for an upgrade and I have booked TATA Nexon XZ+Petrol after a couple of test drives. Currently I drive an Alto K10(2011) and I felt the Nexon to be miles ahead in terms of performance,quality and comfort during the test drive.
The SA has just shared the VIN MATxxxxxxKLExxxxx and I guess its 2019 May manufactured one. Kindly correct me if I am wrong here.

People are asking me TATA with questioning eyes and I am getting nervous due to that. Please let me know if there are any major issues with respect to Manual Petrol during the long term ownership.
I'm also new to TBHP and love their valuable opinion. I too provisionally booked a Nexon XZ model at Rs.8,62,000/- all inclusive ( including exchange of my 2007 flood affected Santro for Rs.1,10000/- ). I would like to know your experiences with Nexon and also about the pricing offered by the local Tata Nexon dealer in Chennai and what other things or fittings should I ask for. Your input will be highly appreciated
Old 27th October 2019, 09:31   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Which mode were you in. In sports mode the response is good for me. Also how many KM has the car done. Things smoothens out after the first service.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 11:05   #2738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
Nexon does not have speed limiter.
Quote:
Which mode were you in. In sports mode the response is good for me. Also how many KM has the car done. Things smoothens out after the first service.
Mine is petrol XZ+ (July 2019 make). I tried in both City and Sport mode. In sport mode, response was definitely better but still suboptimal. It was as if you are are in a flat part of a curve after coming out of the linear section. What I am trying to convey is that the fantastic linearity of throttle response is drastically muted beyond 90 kmph. At 90, tacho hovers between 2-2.5k mark in 5th, and it is a struggle to get it upto 3k mark in both city and sport mode. Essentially this flatness rules out the use of the 6th gear.

The car has done about 3000 kms now and I am talking about my experience when it was at around 2000 km, with 1st service done at 1500 km.
Old 28th October 2019, 12:33   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Had taken the Hennur road to airport and oh boy the road were pathetic with water logged in some places. Nexon handled the bad roads with ease. There was a place where the road had a huge ditch right in middle and side was closed. I could so easily drive through it, other sedans were struggling there and in general on the roads.One thing is for sure, with our road infra, a CSUV makes much more sense than a sedan. No regrets buying this.
Fully agree.Slowing down multiple times praying that the bottom doesn't hit the speed-breakers is a pain. Takes the fun out of driving.I would say if you are ok with the styling, a Nexon CSUV makes more sense because of the price and the suspension. Ecosport is a bit pricey and the suspension comes nowhere near Nexon. Duster has an even better suspension but again is pricey and am are not sure of its future.But sedans have their own charm as well. A Verna has a class which i believe a Nexon cannot match.The best vehicle would be a Verna with the GC+ suspension of a Duster and the safety + price of a Nexon

Quote:
The lights of Nexon is inadequate by a big margin. An upgrade is must no 2 ways about it. Will have to fix this at earliest.
Tell us once you do. I plan to do the same as well,but without cutting any wires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Took a test drive of Nexon along with a friend. They had brought the car to our office. It was a short test drive. ..
According to me,the Nexon looks best in the Orange+Grey combination.Also,it looks so much better in real than in the pics that you attached.Would have gone for it except for the fact that i felt it was a bit too colorful for a not-so-young guy like me !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny121 View Post
I'm also new to TBHP and love their valuable opinion. I too provisionally booked a Nexon XZ model at Rs.8,62,000/- all inclusive ( including exchange of my 2007 flood affected Santro for Rs.1,10000/- ). I would like to know your experiences with Nexon and also about the pricing offered by the local Tata Nexon dealer in Chennai and what other things or fittings should I ask for. Your input will be highly appreciated:
You have got a great deal on your Santro. Congratulations ! I do not know the OTR for XZ..only need to Google though,but whatever it be,any CSUV for 8.62 lacs with a 5 star safety rating is a steal.Total 'paisa vasool'. Unless you are waiting for a BS6,i think grabbing the offer is a good idea.

Quote:
It surely beeps post 80 though i have not touched 120. I never go beyond 100..be it in a Crysta or a Nexon. Off-topic: Before going on a highway trip,i ensure i read the 'Accidents' thread in our forum for atleast 1 hour everyday for 2 days prior to the date of travel.Effect is that the moment the speed hits 95-100,by reflex my legs start retracing from the accelerator.

Quote:
Spotted this on Saturday night and I had to get this removed on Sunday at any cost. .... But the job is done. Also the car shines better than when we had bought it new.
They surely did a good job.By chance,if you paste any stickers,please post the pics here. Will help as my car is of the same color.

Last edited by Ram78 : 28th October 2019 at 12:43.
Ram78 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2019, 12:44   #2740
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
....According to me,the Nexon looks best in the Orange+Grey combination.Also,it looks so much better in real than in the pics that you attached.Would have gone for it except for the fact that i felt it was a bit too colorful for a not-so-young guy like me !...
Thanks Ram, the dealer is not sure about the approximate delivery date and I'm also worried whether Silver colour will be available with TM as i hear that Silver is no more offered by TM. I'm particular about that colour. Fingers crossed !

Last edited by khan_sultan : 28th October 2019 at 14:45. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 29th October 2019, 12:36   #2741
BHPian

my car did not start today. Only the yellow light in the push button lit up and then on second press or with clutch it just went back dead and doors were unlocking and locking in the same action.
Since I did not have time today to pursue the issue, I have left the car at home and will get back to it on Thursday.

What could it be?
Old 29th October 2019, 19:30   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
my car did not start today. Only the yellow light in the push button lit up and then on second press or with clutch it just went back dead and doors were unlocking and locking in the same action.
Since I did not have time today to pursue the issue, I have left the car at home and will get back to it on Thursday.

What could it be?
Check the battery! Had a similar experience ,though not on Nexon.The yellow light lights up because the battery has enough power to do so but not sufficient enough to start the engine. Am told that now-a-days the OEM batteries do not last very long.How old is yours?

And just-in -case you end up having to change one,check posts in this forum for places to get the best deal.I changed mine, not on Nexon, and then figured that had i researched a bit more,i would have saved atleast 20%.

Last edited by Ram78 : 29th October 2019 at 19:34.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 13:10   #2743
BHPian

Got a call from TASS today . Requested me to get the car for a check-up. Seems they are 'updating' the radiator coolant for petrol vehicles .Will take 2-3 hours for the same. Shall post an update once i get this done tentatively this Saturday.
Ram78 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 14:32   #2744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Got a call from TASS today . Requested me to get the car for a check-up. Seems they are 'updating' the radiator coolant for petrol vehicles .Will take 2-3 hours for the same. Shall post an update once i get this done tentatively this Saturday.
I had visited the service centre last week following a similar call from them. They have replaced two numbers of radiator hose locking clips(or circular lock, not aware of the exact name) to new ones which are tightened using a screw arrangement. After changing them, they started the engine and left it running for some time to check for any leakage and the whole process took about few hours thanks to another issue which I had asked them to look into.

I was unable to lock the rear seat(60:40 split) and they tried to "adjust" the locks for about 2hours and at the end I was fed up and I told them to replace the lock instead of adjusting it and creating new issues.

They said they would raise a warranty claim for part replacement and are currently awaiting spares and would inform me regarding the status of the same.

I would say TATA has done a wonderful job in recalling the vehicles for a known issue, but hope the service centre guys haven't created new issues !
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191025_121109.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191025_121037.jpg  

vijith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 22:16   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny121 View Post
I'm also new to TBHP and love their valuable opinion. I too provisionally booked a Nexon XZ model at Rs.8,62,000/- all inclusive ( including exchange of my 2007 flood affected Santro for Rs.1,10000/- ). I would like to know your experiences with Nexon and also about the pricing offered by the local Tata Nexon dealer in Chennai and what other things or fittings should I ask for. Your input will be highly appreciated
Firstly I visited TATA Sayar Kanchipuram which is the nearest dealer for me and I got a quote of Rs 2,00,000(inclusive of Rs 15,000 exchange offer) for my 2011 Alto K10 which was a real deal for me compared to what was offered by Gurudev Motors and TATA Concorde Motors. I tried hard to negotiate the exchange offer which both of them offered. But they didn't come to what I expected and so I booked with TATA Sayar. You may bargain for some more offers or let them know that you may move out if there are no real benefits for you.

Since I chose the Manual XZ+(P) with maximum bargaining, I was't offered anything else other than a complimentary floor mat or Rs 3000 cashback. I chose the cashback and got the floor mats online from Elegant Auto Retail website. I took the insurance from Royal Sundaram website and that gave me some savings as well.

I have completed 3500kms as of now and I feel that the car is a real upgrade for me in power,space and safety. I haven't faced any issues as of now except the rear split seat locking problem. TATA Sayar has suggested for a warranty replacement and currently they are awaiting spare.

I won't say that the quality is the best with respect to the plastic trims used such as the console area and other glossy panels because there is a "clicky" sound with many of the plastic panels used throughout the car. The engine sound does creep into the cabin little bit while driving but one can easily forget that by increasing the volume of the song being played and enjoy the drive.

Hope it ages well like my old car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks