Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2019, 11:27   #2761
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
If i were you, i would have waited esp. if you are getting ESP, TC, 6 airbags etc. No reason why the Gncap rating will vary. I may be wrong but i do not think the prices will increase by a lot (except the one with 6 airbags)... However, even if the prices increase, Nexon would still be my choice if safety is the primary concern which i think it should be.
Thanks for the replies.

Is it more or less confirmed that the facelift would have additional airbags? I found an article online saying four airbags, but can't find that link anymore.
Old 4th November 2019, 11:45   #2762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVNair View Post
Thanks for the replies.
Is it more or less confirmed that the facelift would have additional airbags? I found an article online saying four airbags, but can't find that link anymore.
There is not much word around it and its purely speculation. However, I'd really be surprised if it doesn't get more. EcoSport & XUV300 both get a good airbag kit. TML won't want to lag behind, especially even after a face-lift.

- love your avatar. My favourite cartoon series always. Just watched it for 2 hours with my little one yesterday. I'm so happy that he likes Baloo & Sea Duck too!!

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th November 2019 at 11:47.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 10:57   #2763
BHPian

Just got my Nexon Kraz yesterday. Need help with HU on my base model Nexon, looking for an aftermarket Floating display HU similar or better than xz. Thanks.
gharika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 11:26   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Just got my Nexon Kraz yesterday. Need help with HU on my base model Nexon, looking for an aftermarket Floating display HU similar or better than xz. Thanks.
Congratulations! Is this the 2019 Kraz with orange accents? Can you please post a picture or two? Also, if you don't mind, how much was the OTR price of the Kraz edition (specially, the offered discount on it?)

Thanks,
Old 11th November 2019, 11:27   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Congratulations! Is this the 2019 Kraz with orange accents? Can you please post a picture or two? Also, if you don't mind, how much was the OTR price of the Kraz edition (specially, the offered discount on it?)

Thanks,
Here are a few, had to trim to fit the size limit
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191111_112035.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191111_112016.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191111_111956.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191111_111937.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191111_112118.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191111_112059.jpg  

gharika is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 12:56   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
The problem, this is 55w and Nexon comes in 19w.
As per manual, Nexon has 12V, 55W H7 specification headlights.

Did you go for Philips H4 and what difference would be there between H4 and H7?
Old 11th November 2019, 13:44   #2767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
As per manual, Nexon has 12V, 55W H7 specification headlights.

Did you go for Philips H4 and what difference would be there between H4 and H7?
From what I understood, he is saying fog lamps are 19W in Nexon
Old 11th November 2019, 13:54   #2768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
From what I understood, he is saying fog lamps are 19W in Nexon
Right, my bad. I confused between headlamp and foglight sections.

My query is still on the headlights H4vH7 issue.
Old 11th November 2019, 16:15   #2769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My query is still on the headlights H4vH7 issue.
What's the reference for H4? I'm not getting the query. Nexon has headlamps as 2x H7 low beams + 2x H7 high beams.

Fog lights are H16. There are no H4 bulbs in Nexon at all.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 17:26   #2770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
What's the reference for H4? I'm not getting the query.
So sorry.
I just want to know the exact model of lights for the low beam. And also to make sure that I don't end up creating unnecessary flash for oncoming traffic and inturn increase risk for myself.
The H7s on amazon like Philips H7 12972 Diamond Vision Headlight Bulb look like it would end up doing that.
Old 11th November 2019, 19:07   #2771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The H7s on amazon like Philips H7 12972 Diamond Vision Headlight Bulb look like it would end up doing that.
Like I said, Nexon headlights are 2 H7 bulbs for low beam. 2 H7 bulbs for high beam. 1 of each type on Lhs and rhs.

So any halogen H7 bulb will work. Glare wont be ay different than stock bulbs. As for Diamond Vision, you wont get a huge improvement over stock lighting with that either. Keep your expectations in check.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 01:10   #2772
BHPian

A few days back I noticed the Alloy wheel protector rings/bands on a friend's Mercedes AMG 43 and instantly fell in love with both, the car and the rim protectors and thus began the search for the same for my Nexon too. Aliexpress, Boodmo, Amazon, Alloygator and so many other sites which I don't even remember. After searching on various forums and sites I finally found them with the new kid on the block - Kia. The rim protectors are a part of their Kia Seltos Accessory pack. (Part# Q6R41N002). Price 1799/- & Size 16"

Ring Box
Tata Nexon : Official Review-box1.jpg

Ring - Top view
Tata Nexon : Official Review-ring1.jpg

Ring - Side view
Tata Nexon : Official Review-ring2-side.jpg

Use - It offers wheel protection against curb damage however for me, I just liked the looks.

I took the rings to my local wheel alignment shop. The tyres were deflated and the sidewall was freed from the rim. The rings were inserted and the tyre was inflated. The rings flushed with such a beauty that I jumped with joy however it did not stay for long because as soon as the sidewall took its place back it pushed the ring out again from one side. With heavy heart had to comes back thinking the money went down the drain. Fast forward, a week, while looking on the youtube found another tutorial from Alloygator where they simply used a mallet to fix the rings. I thought why not give that a try too so ordered a Mallet.

Mallet Link - https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tata Nexon : Official Review-mallet.jpg

This morning, I went to the same wheel alignment shop to try again if they can fit. And this time with the help of the mallet we were able to fit them perfectly.

Steps-
1. Deflate the tyre completely.
2. Sidewall freed using the sidewall release machine at the shop.
3. Insert the ring and inflate the tyre.
4. Wait for the side walls to sit back in place. This would push the ring out from a random point.
5. Use the Rubber Mallet and hammer it back in.
6. After enuring no gaps, inflate the tyre again.
7. Put the tyre down and pour water to test for leakages.
8. Put the tyre back
9. Smile at the new look of your vehicle.

While fitting-
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191116_112423.jpg

Video-

Leakage check-

And here are the final pics. Please excuse the dirty car. I was planning to take the car for a wash after these were fit in place however could not. Will share a few more pics after the wash in a day or too.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191116_161914.jpg

Till then, here is an edited pic.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191116_163305.jpg

Last edited by racsaxen : 17th November 2019 at 01:11.
racsaxen is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 21:36   #2773
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of an XM variant, petrol, manual transmission Nexon last week which joined the family garage. The car came in a rather lucid shade of orange!
Vehicle till date has covered around 500 kms, purely within the chaotic confines of Kolkata city traffic.

Some observations:
- Styling & aesthetics are very personal viewpoints but the Nexon, especially in the " Etna Orange" shade stands out amongst its peers.

- Build quality seems robust. There's a definite heft to the front doors, bonnet and hatchback lid.

- Good paint quality. Lustre and seamless merging of paint shade between metal(fenders), and plastic (bumpers).

- Being an entry level variant, the black door handles & ORVM's do not look very nasty. They actually complement the orange body colour well.

- Tata has definitely been working on the petrol engine's pet peeve of jerky power delivery & the aggressive "tip-out" characteristics. Compared to earlier petrol Nexon's (which I've driven), this 2019 model year car has a far smoother power delivery pattern. Some jerk in ECO mode can be discerned, but it's no longer a deal breaker.

- CITY mode will deliver 80% of your driving demands. SPORT mode feels nice & sprightly.

- Idling is refined and quiet at 900 rpm. No vibrations.

- Idling with AC on is not refined. Distinct vibrations felt through steering wheel rim.

- Vibrations also pass through the steering wheel rim when the radiator cooling fan cuts in.

- Supports and comfortable seats. Front and rear.

- Rear seat ingress is not effortless for senior citizens due to high floor and swooping roofline.

- Excellent suspension. Taut, firm and not wallowy. Secondary ride comfort is very nice. Superb high speed stability.

- Electric power steering very well calibrated. Smooth and has that typical wonderfully fluid "oily slickness" which i personally love. Weighs up nicely with speed. Lovely self centering action.

- Non projector headlights are bright and has good range and reach.

- Fuel efficiency for the first 500 odd kms driven entirely within Kolkata city,AC on - CITY mode 90% and balance SPORT mode, with a couple of airport runs have been reading at 10.2kmpl . Measured on s tankfull to tankfull basis at auto cut-off.

Will update more as i pile on the miles.

Last edited by arjab : 19th November 2019 at 21:39.
arjab is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 22:43   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Took delivery of an XM variant, petrol, manual transmission Nexon last week which joined the family garage. The car came in a rather lucid shade of orange!
Congratulations! Please do post some photos of your new orange Nexon here. Also, are you planning to install the fog lamp in your Nexon? Thanks.
gmhossain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 23:19   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
Also, are you planning to install the fog lamp in your Nexon? Thanks.
Have installed front fogs from showroom itself. The same one's that are fitted to the top of the line XZ+ variant. Of course, this does not have the static bending function, as the wiring harness for the top model is different compared to my base+1 variant. Only hitch is the fog light switch is a separate one fitted on the right hand side of the dashboard. The cost was ₹1500 for a set including bulbs. Tata Motors also has some dubious looking Chinese make LED front fogs for Nexon with integrated DRL. They quoted a price of ₹16,000 for a pair which frankly speaking, i found to be atrocious, bordering on daylight robbery!
Have also installed a boot lamp ( again from XZ+ parts bin) and a rear parcel tray. There are two types of parcel tray for the Nexon. The lower variants come without the recess for the rear wiper motor assembly while the top model's parcel shelf come with a recessed arc to accomodate the rear wiper motor.
Point of concern is that the lower grade tray's quality is rather poor. Felt flimsy and "bendy" and i had serious doubts as to its survival!
Conversely the parcel tray for the top model, was of much better quality: stout and hefty alongwith the drawstrings to hook it up to the tail gate inner. I fitted that. Yes, this means that there is a gap where the wiper motor recess is there, but it is not huge. And the overall quality is much better.
arjab is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks