Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2019, 07:25   #2776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Took delivery of an XM variant, petrol, manual transmission Nexon last week which joined the family garage. The car came in a rather lucid shade of orange!
Vehicle till date has covered around 500 kms, purely within the chaotic confines of Kolkata city traffic.

- Tata has definitely been working on the petrol engine's pet peeve of jerky power delivery & the aggressive "tip-out" characteristics. Compared to earlier petrol Nexon's (which I've driven), this 2019 model year car has a far smoother power delivery pattern. Some jerk in ECO mode can be discerned, but it's no longer a deal breaker.
Congrats. Surely XM is a real VFM. Could you please let me know the on road price you paid? I heard there are huge discounts going on.
Good to know that the jerks in petrol Nexon are reduced. Petrol nexon was always on my next car list and this is encouraging. Another question I have is about the default driver seat height. XM does not have driver seat height adjustment. Do you think a person with 5'4" to 5'5" height can manage it? My wife is of that height and if I go for XM, will that be comfortable for her?
rajivtelang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 15:45   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Could you please let me know the on road price you paid? I heard there are huge discounts going on.
I got:
Used car trade in value for my Indica Vista: ₹65,000
Exchange bonus: ₹25,000
Loyal Tata customer incentive: ₹10,000
Free Accessories: ₹7,500
Corporate: ₹3000 (depends on your company category)
Insurance : ₹15,000 savings as i transferred the Vista's 50% no claims bonus to the new car

Final price paid was ₹725,xxx. You can add up the above line items for the pre-discount price.

Quote:
Good to know that the jerks in petrol Nexon are reduced. Petrol nexon was always on my next car list and this is encouraging.
Yes. It's a lot less than the earlier cars. Also idling refinement without AC has definitely improved. In CITY jerks are minimal. In SPORT you don't feel any. In ECO if you stomp on the accelerator there's some hiccup - but again not alarming.

Quote:
Another question I have is about the default driver seat height. XM does not have driver seat height adjustment. Do you think a person with 5'4" to 5'5" height can manage it? My wife is of that height and if I go for XM, will that be comfortable for her?
You will need a simple seat cushion to act as a booster seat. The default seat height is ok but it's more comfortable for people over 5ft 8in and above. It's not the lack of visibility but the high set steering wheel top rim arc and the upper dash cowl which may make things uncomfortable to people of medium height. Our driver who is 5ft 5in needs a cushion for "confidence". Conversely me or my wife don't need any as are both over 5ft 8in.
arjab is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 15:53   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Another question I have is about the default driver seat height. XM does not have driver seat height adjustment. Do you think a person with 5'4" to 5'5" height can manage it? My wife is of that height and if I go for XM, will that be comfortable for her?
My suggestion is NOT TO be in a hurry to bolster the height of the seat. The higher you sit in the Nexon:
1. the more the A-Pillar will obstruct your side vision, and
2. the less that you'll have a usable field of vision from the centre rear view mirror

If your wife can get comfortable with the default seat height, it might actually be beneficial, given that the window sill level is reasonably low.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 14:16   #2779
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another question I have is about the default driver seat height. XM does not have driver seat height adjustment. Do you think a person with 5'4" to 5'5" height can manage it? My wife is of that height and if I go for XM, will that be comfortable for her?
My spouse is the same height. I have an XZ+ with seat height adjust - but she finds her best driving position exactly at the same spot as the passenger seat. Which is where the seat is in XM. So I'm inclined to think the XM seat position is fine for the person height you mentioned. Don't go for boosters/bolsters within first month of ownership. It might work out well as it is.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 06:21   #2780
Senior - BHPian

I was a regular at Concorde but there is news that it is closing down, and I was looking for an alternative. They say when one door closes, another opens. So when a 'vegetable push cart vendor' gave me a deep (it was pretty bad) gash right on the diesel filler cap area, I immediately took my car to the latest service outlet of Key Motors, Kanakapura Road (Behind Metro Cash and carry. Take a right on the 117th pillar if you're coming from JP Nagar Metro) The good folks there were kind enough to restore my car back to its pristine condition. It's really modern and I came away impressed. Highly recommend this place.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_8727.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 16:40   #2781
BHPian

Some of new deliveries are getting updated alloy wheels.
Got from Facebook group.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20191124wa0095.jpg
arungeorge is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 17:46   #2782
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
.. took my car to the latest service outlet of Key Motors, Kanakapura Road (Behind Metro Cash and carry. .
Thanks for that, Sebring. Will check it out, in case I need Plan-B. Not too far for me, and I go thru that section of K' Road quite regularly. I hope they carry the enthusiasm beyond the new-showroom period.
Old 24th November 2019, 19:18   #2783
BHPian

Hi All,
After couple of weeks of lousy cleaning by my apartment cleaner, I decided to take Nexon for a professional wash (no detailing, had one just a month back). I wanted to upgrade the fog lamps and there was an irritating rattle from spoiler that needed fixing.
Called up Carsmith, where i used to give my Brio. Went there on Saturday for a wash and other things.

1. The wash: Quite good wash. They used car shampoo not sure which, did a good job. Total cost INR 650 including internal vacuuming.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191123_123832.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191123_123902.jpg

Will attached the post cleaning pic shortly, as the file size has increased limit.

2. Wanted to update the fog lamps to 35w halogen. Vishwas said, a relay will be needed to upgrade and his vendors have not done work on Nexon and he finally said it is not a good idea, so left it out for now.

3. Rattling was identified as loose spoiler. they have stuck a rubber plug under the spolier as a temporary measure and the rattling has stopped. Will find a permanent solution to this soon

Also had a fill up today. Here are the stats.
Nexon Diesel. Current ODO: 8800. Fuel brand: Shell
FE as per MID: 19.4 KMPL
FE as per T2T: 15.9 KMPL (error of 23%)
Tyre pressure has gone low to about 27, refilled it to 30
Trip reading: 461
DTE: 174
aniyo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 10:11   #2784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arungeorge View Post
Got from Facebook group.
This quite surely is a lower trim (below XZ+) which doesn't come with factory installed alloys. (Seems to have reflector headlamps & black ORVMs instead of body colour.)

So this customer has purchased these as spares to replace the stock steel wheels. And that indeed is now possible. From what I have heard - the face-lift alloy wheels are now already available in TML spares inventory for INR 40k for set of 4.

(Unbelievably stupid on TML's part to leak such inventory before a very important face-lift unveil. )
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 10:36   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
This quite surely is a lower trim (below XZ+) which doesn't come with factory installed alloys. (Seems to have reflector headlamps & black ORVMs instead of body colour.)important face-lift unveil. )
Yes, Gone through the FB post, He purchased it as an accessory for his XMA model from dealer.
Couple more pictures of rim.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon2.jpg
arungeorge is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 10:40   #2786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, Gone through the FB post, He purchased it as an accessory for his XMA model from dealer.
Couple more pictures of rim.
Ah, I see, thanks. I'm not on Facebook, so had no clue.

Is it just me or these new wheels remind anyone else also of these stock alloys from the last gen Tata Vista Aura+/ZX/D90?

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tatavistad9008.jpg
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 13:40   #2787
BHPian

Has anyone installed a rooftop luggage carrier?

I was looking for one to be agency fitted for my XZA+, but the car agency says they don't have it and neither can they recommend any 3rd party setup.

Recommendations for third party alternatives shall also help (I'm in KA53)
NowNew7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 15:28   #2788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowNew7 View Post
I was looking for one to be agency fitted for my XZA+, but the car agency says they don't have it and neither can they recommend any 3rd party setup.
Confirm first of all with the agency if they will consider mounting a rack as warranty terms violation. Only go ahead if they won't touch warranty.

Also - the roof rails are only aesthetic. 0 load bearing capability. So the rack will have to be mounted the old way - using clamps on the roof edge lines. Correct shaped clamps would have to be used to ensure no interference with the roof rails. Given the sloped & curved silhouette of the Nexon, the rack will look quite catchy & may not exactly be a pleasant sight.

Take all these into consideration before installation.
Old 26th November 2019, 13:11   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Got from Facebook group.

Attachment 1938554
Oops! just for a moment thought that this is the XUV500. The alloy design got me fooled for a moment! I personally feel that they can make some decent design for their alloys, using their old straight-spoke alloy designs used on their Sumo Victas, Sierras and 207s as templates. Agree those are very old designs, but something neat, simple 5-spoke design can come out of them. Nexon is such a looker, that even a decent set of alloys can improve the looks much more. Personally I have nevr liked the stock alloys of the Nexon. However, the alloys on the Tiago and Tigor can be offered in the Nexons 16-inch size as an option.

Same thing I, personally, always felt about any Indica or Getz with a good set of simple design alloys.
Old 27th November 2019, 10:27   #2790

What is the correct Tyre pressure for Tata Nexon

Hi Guys,
I have a Nexon Kraz+ with 215/60 tyres. The manual says its pressure should be 30 on all tyres. However when I checked the tyre pressure, it was showing 32 in all tyres. Now 32 psi is the pressure recommended for the 195/60's not the 215's which I have. But I received the car from the factory with 32psi in the tyres. So am confused as to what is the optimal pressure for the 215's

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks