Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2019, 22:16   #2866
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

First look at our newly acquired beast. This was a sort of delivery at the stockyard itself to make up for muhurat. Car is back with Bafna for other formalities.Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191221_1516.jpg

IRVM view looks far too small and inefficient.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191220_165704.jpg

All the rubber beadings, foam throughout the vehicle are in good condition.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191220_172354.jpg

Brake discs have rust on them. Have asked the SA to get it cleaned off before delivery. Funnily enough, he mentioned, it will wear off on its own. Sad that he didn't find it helpful to mention, this will be at the expense of earlier replacement of brake pads.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191221_1701.jpg

Getting rear fan blower,but no AC. Pre June 2019 manufacturing. (April 2019)
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191221_1354.jpg

The beam has a sticker on it saying "Caution : do not jack on the beam"
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191221_1161.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20191221_0958.jpg
Torq is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 22:27   #2867
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your new Nexon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Brake discs have rust on them.
This is normal for any brake disc that is out in the open and mounted on a car - new car or ones in use. The only discs that may not have rust on them are the ones still in factory packing, with plastic covering.
condor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 00:28   #2868
BHPian

So today for the first time I test drove a petrol AMT. My dad and wife accompanied me. Below are my observations:

- 3 adults at the back is a squeeze for sure. Folks in the corner don't get proper back cushioning. Tigor fared better due to the stretched seats whose cushioning touches the doors.

- The car felt EXTREMELY JERKY. I'm not exaggerating. In B2B traffic it's logic of shifting from 1st to 2nd was extremely erratic. And yes, I know how to drive an AMT and I did revv and take my foot off the A expecting it to upshift. At times it did, at times it didn't. 2nd to 3rs gear and there onwards it's smooth, but in Mumbai we'll spend most of the time between 1st and 2nd gear which I felt were just so jerky. The AMT box had a mind of its own and I found it extremely irritating. Frankly it was such a disappointing experience because I was negotiating prices for a petrol AMT but after this experience I'm just put off for buying a petrol AMT. Their diesel AMT is wayy smoother to drive. I tried all the modes, including manual mode on AMT but nothing improved the gear shift logic.

- Cars build quality is MILES better than Brezza.

- Petrol AMTs engine NVH is terrible. Tigors engine felt way more silent and refined. Turbo the culprit here ?

- offered price is close to 11lacs on road.

Tomorrow we'll be driving the Glanza CVT and Brezza AMT.
Dieselritzer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 10:55   #2869
BHPian

During my test drive, I felt that the seats are on the softer side. I fear that this might result in back pain on longer rides. Can any owner share your experience?
Old 22nd December 2019, 12:05   #2870
BHPian

Yup. Exactly the reason we walked off. The rear seats are too soft and reminded me of the zest(the reason wse sold the zest in 7minths was poor back seat cushion support. Too soft and terrible seats).

The seats in my rigor xz+are limo like in comparison.
Old 22nd December 2019, 14:24   #2871
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
That's a pretty sweet deal for a top end petrol auto. I was quoted around 11 lakhs post discounts 2 months ago(15% Road tax as the car value was greater than 10 lakhs). If you have decided on the model, you should go for it! Pushing it till jan is a gamble you'll have to be willing to take I guess

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
If you wait past 2020, you do risk a price increase - could be about 30k ? The i20 has run 1.76L km, so makes sense to let it go now.
Thanks for advice! Booked Glasgow Grey today..expecting delivery in 10 days!
Neeraj1903 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 15:07   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Yup. Exactly the reason we walked off. The rear seats are too soft and reminded me of the zest(the reason wse sold the zest in 7minths was poor back seat cushion support. Too soft and terrible seats).

The seats in my rigor xz+are limo like in comparison.
Well, zest was exactly the other car that I tested along with Nexon. And I noticed the same issue. Nexon seat was firmer than the Zest though. So I think 5-10 km trips should be ok. Will a tight fitting seat cover make it firmer? I am concerned because I have booked the Nexon EV.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 22nd December 2019 at 15:09.
Old 22nd December 2019, 15:40   #2873
BHPian

Yup. 5 to 10 maybe ok. But long distance or when stuck in traffic for an hour-it is very uncomfortable.

Seat covers don't know sir. I always keep stock seats.

Maybe the nexon ev top end with leather should be better
Nanolover is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 17:40   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Finally, all exterior light upgrades that I had planned as DIY are now complete on my Nexon! Here is the list -
In my opinion, this is the kind of setup that a car deserves on most of the Indian roads.

Please may I request you to show us the outcome of the new low beams and new fogs, when you can?
dksv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 17:49   #2875
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
In my opinion, this is the kind of setup that a car deserves on most of the Indian roads.
Please may I request you to show us the outcome of the new low beams and new fogs, when you can?
Hey dksv, I have written detailed DIY threads for the low beams, front fog lights and rear fog light. They are published on the link I'm sharing here now. All 3 are on the 1st page so you'll find them easy.

Link - TeamBHP DIY Forum

The threads have pictures and videos of test results. The HID fog light thread also has a comparison test of HID head lamp and fog lamps. Cheers.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 23:09   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Brake discs have rust on them.
Quote:
The only discs that may not have rust on them are the ones still in factory packing, with plastic covering.
The reason for packaged new discs not having any rust is because they are coated with some oils(don't know the exact spec). So, it is imperative that one cleans the disc with brake cleaner(or other possible methods) before fixing a new disc in a vehicle if the need arises. Else, there is a chance that these oils will get the brake pads soaked with it.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 23:44   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey dksv, I have written detailed DIY threads for the low beams, front fog lights and rear fog light.
Hi Reinhard, would you be kind enough to post links of the LED bulbs for replacing the halogen tail light, reverse light, and indicators please. I plan to replace the Estilo & Aria tail lights and number plate lights with LEDs and looking for a trusted seller on Aliexpress or amazon/flipkart.
Old 23rd December 2019, 07:20   #2878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
The reason for packaged new discs not having any rust is because they are coated with some oils... there is a chance that these oils will get the brake pads soaked with it.
The coating apart, are the pads permeable to get soaked ?
Old 23rd December 2019, 08:31   #2879
BHPian

Quote:
are the pads permeable to get soaked ?

It is specific to the friction material of the brake pads. May be I should have used the word 'impregnated' rather than 'soaked'. The amount of permeability depends on the friction material used.
Nimalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 09:34   #2880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi Reinhard, would you be kind enough to post links of the LED bulbs for replacing the halogen tail light, reverse light, and indicators please. I plan to replace the Estilo & Aria tail lights and number plate lights with LEDs and looking for a trusted seller on Aliexpress or amazon/flipkart.
Well most important - each car model often has a specific and different bulb specification for each bulb. (I'm sure you know it, just writing for the benefit of other readers/visitors). So check the specifications for holder, wattage before ordering it.

Here are the ones that I'm using (specific links from the sellers I ordered from) -

Link - AliExpress - Nexon Reverse LED (XZ+ 2 bulb setup)
Link - AliExpress - Nexon 2x rear stop lamp LEDs
Link - AliExpress - Nexon 2x rear turn indicator LEDs
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks