Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:55   #2896
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't think you are on the latest version still. Ask them to patch the ICE & BCM again. The latest version is 15.2x. My car has July 2019 build 15.20. This & the current version with the BCM do fold the mirrors upon lock. Mirrors unfold only when the ignition is turned on & not unlock - which is correct.
My car has 15.12 build i guess for ICE but not sure about the BCM version,however the moment i started the car i sensed it that the BCM has not been updated to the latest version yet as the ORVM's didn't open on their own and the doors auto locked after gaining some speed which was a notable omission from the latest build. Now the question is should i go for the latest build or not as the auto door locking feature has been disabled but the ORVM's closing has been activated. I am in a fix regarding the same and is it worth the upgrade or not because i feel the auto door locking is a must have safety feature when we have kids onboard. What is your take on it and by the way is the 4th minor service free or a paid service. I was charged 590/- for the same and what is the average cost in other places.
Old 4th January 2020, 12:18   #2897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
My car has 15.12 build i guess for ICE but not sure about the BCM version,however the moment i started the car i sensed it that the BCM has not been updated to the latest version yet as the ORVM's didn't open on their own and the doors auto locked after gaining some speed which was a notable omission from the latest build.
Looks like TASS are messing up with the combination of Infotainment and BCM updates.
I Gave my car for 2nd year service yesterday and insisted on BCM update as I was facing this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThilakNex View Post

I request everyone to monitor the lightings after 1 and a half hr of usage. There is a high chance that your car too might be having this issue and went unnoticed!!
After monitoring the car for 2 days I was said that BCM has bee updated (There is no way to check the version) and Infotainment version has been updated to recent July 2019 version.

Surprisingly after the said BCM update car seems to be returned to the very old form as Speed sensing auto lock started to work again and auto folding ORVM on lock has stopped to work.
It looks more like flashing the BCM to factory setting than the update. But the Service adviser confirmed that new BCM update was available for my car and It was installed.

Is new BCM back with old features like Speed sensing lock and No auto folding of ORVMs? As there is no way to check BCM version and no official announcement from TATA regarding this, we blindly have to believe whatever service adviser says.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th January 2020 at 23:10. Reason: Fixed typo.
ThilakNex is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 13:10   #2898
BHPian

Wanted to update this thread on a tyre swap that i did for my Nexon Diesel XZ+ last week.

I was returning from a family function early morning last week when heavy fog in Delhi / NCR limited my visibility. The car went through 2-3 deep pot holes at mid to heavy speeds (60-70 kmph) and it took the impact gracefully. The moment i reached home, i started examining the tyres and suspension for any visible damage. To my surprise the front left tyre developed a big bulge. May be the tyre pressure was a bit less. I immediately went to Tyre Shoppe Noida (sector-5) and started looking for options. My Nexon is now 48k kms old and thus 2 more tyres were pretty bald (may be another 5k kms left in them).

I wanted to change all 4 tyres to something better but the 16-inchers are pretty expensive and other financial commitments restricted me from a complete swap. The next best option was to get 2 new tyres and deploy the spare tyre (never used) as one tyre had over 50% life in it. The need this time was to have better tyre life, ability to negotiate bad roads, and lower noise (not a high consideration though). I finally shortlisted Yokohama Earth 1's over Michelin Primacy due to expected better life. Two tyres costed me 15.5k including residual value for old tyres, wheel balancing, alignment, and Nitrogen.

So, my Nexon is now running Yokohama's at the front axle and stock Goodyear's at the rear axle. I have driven around 200 kms post the swap and here is my initial feedback.

a) I think tyre noise has reduced a bit. Downside is, i am able to hear the engine which is not that bad.
b) The Jiggly low-speed ride of Nexon appears to have settled down a bit. I am specifically liking this.
c) Not 100% sure about this but braking seems to have reduced a bit. Need to drive more to confirm this.
d) The car is running a bit smoother now. I think i am feeling low rolling resistance.

I am currently happy with the decision and will get Yoko's for the rear-axle in some time (as my pocket permits). I think i got a fair price for the Yoko's but would like to have everyone's view here so that i can get a better price when i am swapping my rear tyres.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 20:33   #2899
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
c) Not 100% sure about this but braking seems to have reduced a bit. Need to drive more to confirm this.
d) The car is running a bit smoother now. I think i am feeling low rolling resistance.
Traditionally the Yoko Earth1 has been one of the heaviest if not the heaviest in its contemporaries of same spec. Won't be surprised if its the same case. The Earth1 s aren't known to be the benchmark of grip exactly either.

Low braking performance is generally due to heavier tyre increasing momentum and tyre grip being lower. You might be experiencing either of the two or a combination I'm guessing.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 08:22   #2900
BHPian

Installation of 360 degree camera on Nexon.

arungeorge is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 08:31   #2901
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
a) I think tyre noise has reduced a bit.

c) Not 100% sure about this but braking seems to have reduced a bit.
New tyres and fresh engine oil always make the vehicle feel to be smoother

Braking: check the braking after 500km. New tyres need the top layer to wear out before braking improves.

And the unused spare is not a good thing. It just hardens while sitting there, and a hard tyre is not good.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 15:49   #2902
Distinguished - BHPian

A 1 day #TheNexonTribe (TNT) Pune-Mumbai meet up drive happened on 12th January at Lonavala. A very nice fun day with the tribe! And we did a fair amount of off-roading with the Nexon to reach near the edge of the back-waters!
Here are some random pictures! The white car with black compass decal on bonnet & Kraz insert in grille is my baby. Bloke with gotbhp? black tshirt is your's truly.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200112_120046.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200112_120103.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200112_184713.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200112wa0026.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200112wa0067.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200112wa0121.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200112wa0125.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200113wa0000.jpg
Reinhard is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 13th January 2020, 16:42   #2903
BHPian

Great to see so many Nexon. I hope this brand for TATA fires in future as well. We had a similar meet for Nexon owners in Bangalore, sadly could not make it.
Old 13th January 2020, 19:41   #2904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Great to see so many Nexon. I hope this brand for TATA fires in future as well. We had a similar meet for Nexon owners in Bangalore, sadly could not make it.
Yes its quite fun! A different experience & privilege perk of having a quirky car other than the run-of-the-mill types. It means other owners are also with slightly off-beat interests & the group is fun in its own way. Similar groups of many such cars are so popular & fun also! Even my son loves the TNT meets a lot!
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 09:34   #2905
BHPian

Guys, I saw this video just now:

It is claimed that the Nexon XZ+ is recalled for headlight assembly replacement. Is this true? Did anyone get any information on this?
Old 16th January 2020, 10:01   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Guys, I saw this video just now:

It is claimed that the Nexon XZ+ is recalled for headlight assembly replacement. Is this true? Did anyone get any information on this?
Is this not an old video? I remember seeing the same video more than an year back. Should be an old issue. There was also a lot of hue and cry around headlamp fogging in Nexon and Jeep Compass, both of which share the same manufacturing plant. I am unable to recall the exact events but remember all of this faintly.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th January 2020 at 10:51. Reason: Video link removed from the quoted post for easy readability!
tarik.arora is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 10:23   #2907
Senior - BHPian

Yes that is an old news. I remember reading about addition of silicon pads in projector head lamp. They added it in all cars sold till then.
Latheesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2020, 22:22   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
A 1 day #TheNexonTribe (TNT) Pune-Mumbai meet up drive happened on 12th January at Lonavala. A very nice fun day with the tribe! And we did a fair amount of off-roading with the Nexon to reach near the edge of the back-waters!
Here are some random pictures! ....
Nice to know and see.Is there any such Nexon group in Hyderabad?
Old 21st January 2020, 22:48   #2909
BHPian

Hi All,
Very happy to report that we picked up my sister's TATA Nexon yesterday. XZA+ petrol in white color.
Want to share the delivery experience.

The Goof Up
As i was a little busy with office work, i could not accompany my sister during the booking process and my sister booked the car with single tone option. My sister was not aware of dual tone option.Tata Nexon IMO looks good in dual tone and just does not have a character in single tone.
When I looked at the car when it was ready for delivery,I asked my sister why did you not take the DT option, she told she was not aware. When we checked with the SA she told we opted for ST. We then checked how much would that cost, the SA immediately said it would cost 1 lakh more. I was disappointed and told my sister it's not worth it.
We again went and checked with the manager and he told it would cost us around 20K and we can take it any time to the showroom and he will take care of it. So the first order of the day, get the DT colour option done by the next weekend. ST color for a Nexon looks very plain.

Overall the SA had did not know much about the car, but she was definitely helpful and was very courteous. We were helped with all our questions by one of the managers. So overall a good experience.

Delivery delay
We were asked to come to pick up the car at 4:00 pm, but the car got delivered only around 6:00 pm. There were too many deliveries planned yesterday, but since the SA and the manager were keeping us updated on the delay, we were OK and we decided to be patient. My parents were with us , I was just hoping my dad would not lose his cool.
I was enjoying the display Harrier and got a Hexa TD.

Driving Experience
I have never driven a TATA car, stayed away from TATA based on all the negative reviews I had read in the past I owned 2 Ford's and currently own a Suzuki S-Cross. Honestly speaking I was very impressed with Nexon’s interior quality. Audio was simply fantastic.
Having never driven an automatic in India, i can’t really compare with anything else, but then I’ll share my experience. I am no expert, so I am sharing just my findings.
* Moving from standstill, when we lift the legs off the brakes, car takes a second or so to move ahead.
* Just even tapping the brakes at very low speeds, threw us forward. It's called head nodding I guess ?. But the same did not happen at higher speeds. Brakes behaved better at higher speeds.
* Both I and my sister were not comfortable driving an AT in the city with it’s jerky nature when starting from a stop. Requires us to get used to the car. My sister switched to manual whenever she was not comfortable.
* My sister moving from a 10 year old Wagon R found the car to be “very powerful”
* A very comfortable cabin to sit in.

During the booking process I did not TD the car.Based on TBHP reviews I had recommended EcoSport or Nexon. I am guessing it’s only a matter of getting used to the car.
Over all I really liked the car, nothing major to complain. We need to get used to the AT’s foibles for cars in this budget.

Delivery experience was good, even though there were delays, the staff made sure we were comfortable. Hopefully the after-sales service meets our expectations. I did hear good feedback from my friends who recently bought a TATA car.

Overall Experince
Overall after seeing the Nexon/Altroz/Harrier/Hexa, I have to say I have a new found respect for TATA. Definitely recommend to at-least visit the showroom once if you're on the fence about buying a TATA car, it might just change your mind.
I'll try to keep you guys updated on the A-S-S experience.
Here's wishing my sister, a very happy and safe miles ahead with her Nexon.

Also a big thanks to the amazing Official Reviews and all the wonderful members here who share their experiences which help guys like us in buying our cars. A big thank you again.

Pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2793.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2795.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2792.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2798.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_2800.jpg  

Last edited by RROD : 21st January 2020 at 22:51.
RROD is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 23:36   #2910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
I am guessing it’s only a matter of getting used to the car.
@RROD, Congrats to your sister on getting Nexon. Wishing a long happy ownership !

Yes, the AMT box will need a little adjustment in driving style. And like you said, only a matter of getting used to. Guess you folks should settle down soon.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks