Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 12:56   #2911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
Nexon ICE upgrade:

I did not want to mess with the stock HU, so went with a DSP setup. Items that went into this upgrade.
How is it possible to have another head unit? where exactly it was placed ? Please share some pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
Well, zest was exactly the other car that I tested along with Nexon. And I noticed the same issue. Nexon seat was firmer than the Zest though. So I think 5-10 km trips should be ok. Will a tight fitting seat cover make it firmer? I am concerned because I have booked the Nexon EV.
You booked Nexon EV ? Good move i guess... let me know which varient and what is the tentative on road price.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd January 2020 at 13:58.
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:46   #2912
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Hi All,
Very happy to report that we picked up my sister's TATA Nexon yesterday. XZA+ petrol in white color.
Welcoming your sister to the Nexon XZA+ petrol club.I too own one.The car looks good in white. A grey wrap-up will add to the looks.

Quote:
The Goof Up
...We again went and checked with the manager and he told it would cost us around 20K
Is 20k for painting, which i don't think is the case, or is it only a wrap-up? If its a wrap-up,do enquire outside as well. It may not cost as much.

Quote:
Delivery delay
We were asked to come to pick up the car at 4:00 pm, but the car got delivered only around 6:00 pm...
That's the standard experience everytime.

Quote:
Driving Experience
* Moving from standstill, when we lift the legs off the brakes, car takes a second or so to move ahead.
* Just even tapping the brakes at very low speeds, threw us forward. It's called head nodding I guess ?. But the same did not happen at higher speeds. Brakes behaved better at higher speeds.
* Both I and my sister were not comfortable driving an AT in the city with it’s jerky nature when starting from a stop. Requires us to get used to the car. My sister switched to manual whenever she was not comfortable....
Points 1 and 2 i.e related to brakes,you'l overcome it over a period.It's because of the driving style.I do not face it. As for the AT problem, you are right.The AMT is not properly tuned.I too switch to the manual at the earliest possible and then it is really fun to drive.

Quote:
..Hopefully the after-sales service meets our expectations. I did hear good feedback from my friends who recently bought a TATA car.
Get to know the best service manager in town and be with them whenever the car is being serviced.The chances of a good experience are multiplied.Hope you have got the 5 years warranty.

Wishing your sister miles and years of happy driving !
Ram78 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 18:57   #2913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Hi All,
Very happy to report that we picked up my sister's TATA Nexon yesterday. XZA+ petrol in white color.
Want to share the delivery experience.
Congratulations to your sister on the car! Wishing the family unlimited safe & happy miles with the little wonder!

Its raining Petrol-White-XZA+ everywhere! Just this week, 2 identical specimens arrived in my housing complex. One of them now lives right besides my Nexon. Twinning & startling passers by.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 20:07   #2914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations to your sister on the car! Wishing the family unlimited safe & happy miles with the little wonder!

Its raining Petrol-White-XZA+ everywhere! Just this week, 2 identical specimens arrived in my housing complex. One of them now lives right besides my Nexon. Twinning & startling passers by.
In fact yesterday I saw at least 3 white Nexon’s being delivered.
Very happy to see TATA delivering good quality cars.
Old 22nd January 2020, 20:08   #2915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
How is it possible to have another head unit? where exactly it was placed ? Please share some pic
Hi, as you can see in the below post, i did not replace the stock head-unit. Instead, i have added a Pioneer DSP to refine/enhance the audio output of the otherwise bland sounding stock head-unit. Please refer to the 7th pic from my post to see the location of the DSP.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4711345 (Tata Nexon : Official Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Is 20k for painting, which i don't think is the case, or is it only a wrap-up? If its a wrap-up,do enquire outside as well. It may not cost as much.
I was quoted 22k by 3M to do a carbon fiber vinyl wrap for the top half of my nexon.

Last edited by badboyscad : 22nd January 2020 at 20:09.
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:40   #2916
Senior - BHPian

I have an undeseat sub for two years now (Pioneer) powering the unit in my Nexon. This enhances the already stellar sound, and weekends - I bump up the sound a few notches high.
Quote:
i have added a Pioneer DSP to refine/enhance the audio output of the otherwise bland sounding stock head-unit.
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 11:54   #2917
BHPian

FE update. Had a tank full on Monday here are the stats.
XZ+ diesel. City mode. Complete city drive (avg speed 15-20KMPH). AC at 24 degree.
FE as per MID: 20.4
FE as per T2T: 17.14
error rate: 19% (last time error rate was 22% and for entire Goa trip 24%)

I was surprised with the FE for a complete city drive. Happy with the car bearing a few rattles that no one is able to sort.

Would have loved to own the facelift, but it has got expensive by quite a lot. I got mine for ex-showroom of 9.95L and now the same variant is 11.2 ex-showroom.
For extra 1.25L we get ESP, TCS, BS6 engine, not sure if I am missing anything else.
The on road price difference will be more like 1.6-1.7L. Not sure if the price hike is justified.

Last edited by aniyo : 23rd January 2020 at 11:56.
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 17:47   #2918
BHPian

Quote:
Nexon ICE upgrade:

I did not want to mess with the stock HU, so went with a DSP setup. Items that went into this upgrade.

Processor : Pioneer DEQ-S1000A
Front : JBL GTO 609C Components
Rear : JBL GTO 629 Coaxials
4 channel amp : Focal Auditor+ AP4340 SI
Mono amp : Focal Solid 1
Subwoofer : Focal Performance Sub P 30
Damping : DrArtex Iridium
Wiring : Gladen
badboyscad just a quick question. How Pioneer processor is connected with the head unit. Is the sound from head unit passed to this processor through DAC of head unit or the original signal is passed without any alteration? If it is passing analogue signal (after DAC) , how can this processor make any difference?

Last edited by dilsoft : 23rd January 2020 at 17:56. Reason: grammer
Old 29th January 2020, 07:47   #2919
BHPian

I experienced the issue of fogging of headlamps for the first time in yesterday's rains. I will check today after some time to see if it is still there. Is there a permanent solution to this and at what cost?

Old 29th January 2020, 17:16   #2920

Hi All,

I have recently took delivery of Nexon XM variant petrol model. Based on VIN, It's of 2019 December make. I have driven it for a week and one particular thing I notice is about the drive modes.

Numerous reviews have mentioned that the car remembers the previous drive mode it was in. What I have noticed is that City mode is selected always when I start the car regardless of it being in eco or sport mode when I had shut off earlier. Is this a recent update? Can any new owner comment if it is the same case with their car too?

Thanks.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 29th January 2020 at 17:22. Reason: Formatting
Old 29th January 2020, 22:41   #2921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
Numerous reviews have mentioned that the car remembers the previous drive mode it was in. What I have noticed is that City mode is selected always when I start the car regardless of it being in eco or sport mode when I had shut off earlier. Is this a recent update? Can any new owner comment if it is the same case with their car too?
Yes this is the case with cars I think from start of January 2019. Surely for cars from June 2019. The BCM got updated. I feel it is a good thing since City mode is pretty much sufficient in all conditions and gives good FE too. Only those who permanently wish to drive in the Sport mode will find this annoying. I have never felt like using the sport mode at all! Even on steep inclines with people on-board. I prefer the sedate gradual speed build up in the city mode as standard. For that adrenaline rush I twist the knob once in a few weeks.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 00:23   #2922
BHPian

Quote:
Even on steep inclines... city mode as standard.
Have been trying out all the things in our new XZ+ auto for a week now. For most of the drive, even on steep inclines, city mode feels more than adequate. Although, I haven't been able to sort out and overcome the moving back for that two sec lag of the auto tranny.
Hope to get acquainted with all the drive qualities and experiences before this Saturday, as I'll be handing it over to dad. I do expect thousands of questions from him in coming week
Torq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 10:48   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
I prefer the sedate gradual speed build up in the city mode as standard. For that adrenaline rush I twist the knob once in a few weeks.

True, its been a long time since I turned that knob from the city mode. Even while I was on the Mumbai - Pune Expressway. I think the last time I used the sports mode was on Jan 1st . Maybe today while I drive back from work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Although, I haven't been able to sort out and overcome the moving back for that two sec lag of the auto tranny.
I had the same issue when I got my XZA+. I got around it by using my handbrake on inclines. Not sure that its the right thing to do but at the moment its the only thing that helped.

Last edited by sriks : 30th January 2020 at 10:50. Reason: Added reply
sriks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 12:03   #2924

Quote:
Yes this is the case with cars I think from start of January 2019. Surely for cars from June 2019. The BCM got updated.
Thanks, That's good to know. I was wondering if mine had some software issue and need to address it on service.

Quote:
I feel it is a good thing since City mode is pretty much sufficient in all conditions and gives good FE too. Only those who permanently wish to drive in the Sport mode will find this annoying. I have never felt like using the sport mode at all!
Are you having the diesel? I'm trying to drive the petrol below 2000 rpm for break-in and I find the city mode weak below 1500rpm. The sport mode does aid a little bit better in the low rpms.
Bagheera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 13:30   #2925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
Are you having the diesel? I'm trying to drive the petrol below 2000 rpm for break-in and I find the city mode weak below 1500rpm. The sport mode does aid a little bit better in the low rpms.
Is Nexon Petrol a good choice for city usage at all? I delayed my purchase last year and went for a Tiago NRG petrol. Same engine in NA mode gives OKish performance in Bangalore city (13KMPL average). Not certain if Nexon petrol will be a wise buy this year or next if I want to add one more car in my stable. I am not in favor of diesel since the runs are less. But I do like Nexon from the day it was launched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks