Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2020, 10:06   #2971
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I think this solves the purpose, thanks for sharing. Can you share the product link?
Sure. Please find the link below. Bracket no 30 suits Nexon and it came with a fuse.
I have attached a picture of the allen screw location as well. Sorry for low quality image, but the screw should be tightened to avoid mirror vibrations.

#Aliexpress Rs. 3,507.69 20%OFF | GreenYi Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror Monitor with Original Special Bracket Safer Driving for Toyota VW Renault Kia Hyundai
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYytHVD
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200228_100021.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200228_100104.jpg  

vijith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2020, 23:26   #2972
BHPian

Guys, a quick question. My budget allows me to get a petrol XMA. There are 2 features which I've always wanted in my next car which are missing in XMA.
1. Day/Night irvm. I don't want the automatic one, even the one with a manual switch will do. Will the dealer replace the regular irvm with a day/night one before I take delivery? Ofcourse I'll pay for the new mirror and whatever labour the dealer charges.

2. Steering mounted controls. This one is complicated. In the Baleno thread I saw someone mention that he installed the audio and telephony control buttons on the steering wheel. Can something like that be done to the XMA steering? Ofcourse this should not hamper the airbag functionality.

Are these things possible to be done? The xza+ is beautifully loaded but outside my budget and I don't wish to stretch for a depreciating asset. My daily drive is zero KM's. The car will see Mumbai - Nasik/Pune trips once in two months and any other vacation drives.

Thank you in advance.
Old 2nd March 2020, 08:36   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
1. Day/Night irvm. I don't want the automatic one, even the one with a manual switch will do. Will the dealer replace the regular irvm with a day/night one before I take delivery? Ofcourse I'll pay for the new mirror and whatever labour the dealer charges.
Should be possible, if not by dealer you can visit the service center and get it done. My Tiago already had manual day/night mirror but I had inquired about it and they had said about possibility. (Had XM Petrol on my list and had inquired about all this and had got a positive reply, budget held me back though and went for Tiago)

Quote:
2. Steering mounted controls. This one is complicated. In the Baleno thread I saw someone mention that he installed the audio and telephony control buttons on the steering wheel. Can something like that be done to the XMA steering? Ofcourse this should not hamper the airbag functionality.
I doubt since it involves wiring changes. I wanted an extra 12V charger point in my Tiago (near the hand brake where the facility is available, only extra wire had to be put with extra socket which I was ready to pay for), but they were hesitant and matter went upto GM of the dealer. He too said he needs to check if that will void the warranty. So I assume they will deny. (This is where TATA sucks, no clear yes/no and like government office you will be tossed across multiple counters to get your job done. Spent like a week with multiple promises saying they will get back to me, which never happened )

Quote:
My daily drive is zero KM's. The car will see Mumbai - Nasik/Pune trips once in two months and any other vacation drives.
Then Petrol is the right choice for you.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 2nd March 2020 at 08:57.
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:12   #2974
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Sanjay Mohan S for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Greetings of the day !!!

I'm Sanjay Mohan S, from Chennai. The car I drive is a NEXON XT-D.

I'm experiencing a weird issue in the MID. It displays some lines and curves and goes off after a few minutes. It's occasional and comes when the vehicle is started after a long time, especially in the morning or evening.

Showed the same (photo) to ASC, but they're clueless as it didn't happen in their presence.

Photo attached for your reference.

Please advise in this matter.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-mid-1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-mid-2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-mid-3.jpg
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:17   #2975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Thanks to Sanjay Mohan S for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
How old is the Nexon? If more than 2 years old and not used regularly, first thing to check is health of the battery. Anything related to electronics acting up, guess that would be the 1st suspect.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 2nd March 2020 at 11:20.
Old 2nd March 2020, 11:48   #2976
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys - I have a very naive question (especially amusing since the Nexon is now an old car in the market with little unknowns if any.

Does the Nexon touch screen head unit have a resistive touch or a capacitive touch screen? The inherent lag on the system makes it hard to be sure for me. To touch - it feels like capacitive as I don't feel any membrane moving. Nor does it work with nails when pushed like in a resistive unit.

Quote:
Guys, a quick question. My budget allows me to get a petrol XMA. There are 2 features which I've always wanted in my next car which are missing in XMA.
You don't really need the dealer to be involved. Simply source the XZ+ IRVM with manual day-night from boodmo.com & install it yourself. Its a press-fit item. Replacing existing unit will take maximum 10 minutes. Assuming 9 minutes where you are anxious about using force to remove the stock IRVM . At roughly double the price of the manual OEM unit, you can get an automatic IRVM from aliexpress. I'm getting mine delivered today or tomorrow & will be installing it myself.
Quote:
In theory it will be possible. But hardly any TASC will do it for you. Also, the new steering fascia, button set, wire pigtail OEM parts won't be too cheap. It will be a fairly costly affair overall. I'd suggest you give these a skip. Honestly, after first few weeks, these gimmicks don't make a big difference. The Nexon has fantastically usable hardware switches on the center dashboard. I have the steering mounted controls but I use the buttons on the dashboard all the time & not those on the steering. Little thing really. Not a deal breaker.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 12:02   #2977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1975743

Attachment 1975744

Attachment 1975745
This is due to electrostatic charge that the pixels are acting up. Member Hemanth.anand faced the same on his Polo GT TSI and got the cluster changed under warranty.

You should push for the same too.
vishy76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2020, 15:02   #2978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Thanks to Mohit Gupta for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Culprit could be the faulty crankshaft/camshaft sensor which is unable to provide continuous position signal to ecu, resulting in engine stalling.

It would be also good to check the alternator function.
Intermittent current may cause electrical issues (irregular engine firing for example) which is why the engine fault warning lights up.

In both cases engine starts normally after some time until it fails again.

Last edited by UB_007 : 2nd March 2020 at 15:12.
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 15:04   #2979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
How old is the Nexon? If more than 2 years old and not used regularly, first thing to check is health of the battery. Anything related to electronics acting up, guess that would be the 1st suspect.

Quote:
The car is June 2019 manufactured and registered on 23 Jan 2020.
Old 6th March 2020, 14:44   #2980
BHPian

Guys, I have a query to all those who completed 45K kms/36 months and got the 45K service done:
In the maintenance charts of the owner's manual, under the Diesel Engine section (page 156) it says "Replace timing drive kit (timing belt, auto tensioner and idler)". The periodicity is clearly given as 36 months or 105K kms, whichever is earlier.

Did anyone get this kit replaced? If this is mandatory, is this covered under gold AMC?
Thanks in advance.
Old 6th March 2020, 14:54   #2981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Guys, I have a query to all those who completed 45K kms/36 months and got the 45K service done:
In the maintenance charts of the owner's manual, under the Diesel Engine section (page 156) it says "Replace timing drive kit (timing belt, auto tensioner and idler)". The periodicity is clearly given as 36 months or 105K kms, whichever is earlier.

Did anyone get this kit replaced? If this is mandatory, is this covered under gold AMC?
Thanks in advance.
I am giving a generic response to this query - Always replace the Timing Belt within the given period/mileage, because the implication of it failing is usually a half-engine rebuild. Err on the side of caution!
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 14:59   #2982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post

Thanks in advance.
I think it might be the accessory belt that drives the alternator and the AC compressor. Might have been mistakenly printed as the timing belt. This belt typically wears out at 3-4 years or 45-60K km.

Timing belts only need to be replaced around the 1L km mark in most cars including Germans.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 15:30   #2983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Timing belts only need to be replaced around the 1L km mark in most cars including Germans.
Thanks. I got confused because the periodicity is 105K kms and 36 months (Whichever is earlier). Probably an error in the manual.
Old 7th March 2020, 19:34   #2984
BHPian

Reverse camera in my Nexon is acting up. Suddenly started showing a black screen with steering guidelines. Restarted th car a couple of times, no change. Did a reset of the head unit. Now the camera image is upside down. Anyone faced this issue? Mine is a Nexon 2018 diesel XZA+.
Old 8th March 2020, 12:14   #2985

Quote:

Attachment 1975743

Attachment 1975744

Attachment 1975745
What you've seen is by design. Even I've got confused over seeing this switch between fuel level and instant fuel economy.

Here's the deal:
1. When fuel level is more than 2 points, you can switch between fuel level and instant fuel economy display by pressing "mode" button.
2. When fuel level drops to 2 or below, MID will restrict to display only fuel level, to have the drivers attention to refuel

Hope this helps.

I've purchased an old stock (Mfg Jan 2019) Nexon in Jan 2020, as I've been offered a good discount on the price.

I started to notice some weird behavior with suspension, wherein the vehicle gets very bumpy and tosses the passengers while traveling at slow speeds (15 - 20 kmph), where as it irons out the same undulations very well while traveling at high speeds (50+ kmph).

Is this an expected behavior, or should we get the suspension checked?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th March 2020 at 21:50. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
elishae is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks