Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2020, 15:06   #3031
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

No, the suspension feels perfect with no noise in most driving conditions. Only when I take a pothole/depression about 3inch or larger in-depth at the speed it makes that noise. In fact, the test drive vehicle also had the same issue. Since speed breakers are of uniform height mostly the issue is not that prominent.
Old 29th April 2020, 16:02   #3032
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingHuman View Post
No, the suspension feels perfect with no noise in most driving conditions. Only when I take a pothole/depression about 3inch or larger in-depth at the speed it makes that noise. In fact, the test drive vehicle also had the same issue. Since speed breakers are of uniform height mostly the issue is not that prominent.
Actually the Nexon's suspension travel is quite generous (but its stiff so doesn't easily travel that much in normal conditions). Even when stressed to limits - the suspension is very quiet and makes no noises of any sort.

So if you are hearing a clunk/thunk that too from only one side - best to get the struts and ball joints checked on that side, along with bushes once the lock-down lifts & ASC is open again.
Old 30th April 2020, 13:59   #3033
BHPian

Have a video of Suspension noise. The actual sound is 50% more than it was captured. Please observe sound at 40secs and at the 1-minute timeline.

BeingHuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 18:27   #3034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Have a video of Suspension noise. The actual sound is 50% more than it was captured. Please observe sound at 40secs and at the 1-minute timeline.
Gosh! With that sound - if I were you, I'd keep the car parked till the ASCs opened again & get it checked. Really recommend not driving it at all for now. It most likely is a strut that has totally given up. I have never heard a strut knock that hard! Remote possibility is that it might be loose tie rods. Either way - don't drive the car in this state - front suspension in really poor condition can theoretically also damage the drive train.

Last edited by Reinhard : 30th April 2020 at 18:52.
Reinhard is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 13:44   #3035
BHPian

Quote:
My Nexon Xza+ diesel makes a clunk noise from the right front suspension when I crash into a pothole above 20kmph......?
How many Kms. has the vehicle run and what is the year of manufacture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Gosh! With that sound - if I were you, I'd keep the car parked till the ASCs opened again & get it checked. Really recommend not driving it at all for now. It most likely is a strut that has totally given up. I have never heard a strut knock that hard! Remote possibility is that it might be loose tie rods. Either way - don't drive the car in this state - front suspension in really poor condition can theoretically also damage the drive train.
Hi Reinhard and otherTBhp'ians: Is this tie rod and front suspension problem a common issue? Any precautions to minimize the probability of it occurring in one's car?
Old 13th May 2020, 14:04   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
How many Kms. has the vehicle run and what is the year of manufacture?
The vehicle has done around 9000kms. Very gently used. It is Manufactured in November 2018.

Last edited by BeingHuman : 13th May 2020 at 14:10.
BeingHuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 15:58   #3037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

https://Youtu.be/GtSw48IdfnM
That is very loud indeed. Can you make another small clip but this time try and find a patch will a little up and down slopes within a short distance and keep turning the steering from left to right?
Old 13th May 2020, 20:42   #3038
Senior - BHPian

The tie rod needs to be tightened once in 5000 Kms, and Tata motors do a periodic check up. My car will complete 3 years in September, so pretty old. This may not exist in newer models. And no, my car doesn't give out any suspension noise at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram78 View Post
Hi Reinhard and otherTBhp'ians: Is this tie rod and front suspension problem a common issue? Any precautions to minimize the probability of it occurring in one's car?

Last edited by Sebring : 13th May 2020 at 20:44.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2020, 20:59   #3039
BHPian

Took my Nexon after a long time, I think after almost 3 weeks plus. Mine is a Diesel and the car started in first crank no issues at all.
Went for a longish drive as the car has not been running at all since lockdown. First went to bunk to check air and was surprised all tyres lost only 1psi in nearly 2 months, quite impressed.
Really feels so nice to drive after being confined to home.
aniyo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 13:44   #3040
BHPian

Question for those who have the 2020 XM models.
On youtube I have seen videos where accessory shops in Delhi fit a touch screen system and steering mounted controls on the 2020 XM models. Touch screen is not an issue, but fitting an original company sourced steering mounted controls at an accessory shop, question:
1. Will it void warranty? The videos mention that no wire cutting is required.
1. Will it impact airbag operations? Needless to say, theres no way this can be checked and i'll pray no one ever has to get in a scenario that requires it to be tested.
Old 9th June 2020, 10:20   #3041
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
1. Will it void warranty? The videos mention that no wire cutting is required.
Not really as no wire cuts. Its fully reversible from what I have also seen on YouTube. + Tata never creates any hassle for warranty for such modifications.
Quote:
2. Will it impact airbag operations? Needless to say, theres no way this can be checked and i'll pray no one ever has to get in a scenario that requires it to be tested.
Well if the wiring connection is done properly for the airbag module, there won't be any problem at all. But then its not something that we can remotely gauge. Has to be check when the installation is being done. Its just the airbag module connected with a cable coupler to the signal wire coming from the dashboard inside the steering wheel assembly. I suspect it might not even have to be touched as the spoke covers that house the mounted buttons probably sit "around" the airbag and are not connected by any screws etc nearby.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2020 at 19:40. Reason: Quote tag added
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 20:06   #3042
BHPian

Has NVH levels/refinement found any improvements in the more powerful BS6 Nexon petrol? I searched in various forums, but no one has commented about any difference in this department.
Old 13th June 2020, 21:31   #3043
BHPian

Hi,
Below are my observations on BS6 vs BS4 Petrol AMT:
Noise: I found a noteworthy reduction in engine noise when revved hard.

Vibrations: remain more or less the same.

Harshness: Has reduced a bit. At idle, you won't feel it's a 3 pot but when you rev hard, beyond 3000 rpm you do feel a throaty note. Some like it, some don't.

Also, i felt that the low speed jerkiness has reduced significantly. In speeds below 40 i found the BS4 to be extremely, annoyingly jerky. This has improved a LOT in the latest Avatar. Not sure if the power bump has to play a role here, but it was a very evident improvement.
Old 13th June 2020, 22:45   #3044
BHPian

Quote:
Noise: I found a noteworthy reduction in engine noise when revved hard.
Noticed padding on top of front wheel arches on BS6 petrol when we opened bonnet to replace horns. Technician mentioned this is to reduce the engine noice intruding into cabin. Not sure this is present in the BS4. Rainhard can confirm as he do lots of DIY works on his Ironhide.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200613_223555.jpg
K_Drive is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 05:23   #3045
BHPian

One more reinforcement of safety that Nexon provides.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tata-nexon-in...taches-engine/

Though the accident is unfortunate, the shell was intact and protected the driver, which is brilliant.
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks