Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2020, 13:52   #3046

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
Yes. For Diesel Nexon.
I just now talked to the SA in Malik Cars Tolichowki. He says that the timer kit is to be replaced at 3 years, whatever the odo reading may be.

Now problem is like this: I have a gold AMC for 45K Kms or 3 Years, whichever is earlier. My odo reading is 45K Kms in less than 2.5 Years. The SA says that they will not change the timer kit because the car has not completed 3 Years. When the car completes 3 Years, my AMC would have expired, so I would have to pay for the change of timer kit. I am still not sure if the timer kit change would be covered under gold AMC.
Want to share my today's experience regarding this.

I just gave my car for the 45000 KM service. I have Gold AMC. I had used the TMSC application for generating the estimate and it did mention replacement of timer kit. When I discussed the same with my service advisor accordingly they were unaware of the replacement requirement and unfortunately the service manual also doesnt reflect the same.

First they refused to change the timerkit because as per the manual, it has to be changed after 3 years of 1.5L km, whichever is earlier. I argued that my gold AMC gets invalidated after today's service because of exceeding the kms. The Gold AMC has validity of 3 years/45,500 kms whichever is earlier. I persisted to get this relooked. The service advisor and the superisor discussed and made a call to Tata Motors regarding the same, explained the case and the replacement was promptly approved within AMC by Tata Motors right on call.
parag.agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 20:09   #3047
Senior - BHPian

I saw a blue 2020 Nexon today. The facelift looks great overall but that new blue colour looks absolutely horrendous and pasty. Anyone else prefer the previous metallic blue ?
Mortis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 11:07   #3048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Noticed padding on top of front wheel arches on BS6 petrol when we opened bonnet to replace horns. Technician mentioned this is to reduce the engine noice intruding into cabin. Not sure this is present in the BS4. Rainhard can confirm as he do lots of DIY works on his Ironhide.

Yes its present in my BSIV Nexon too. Mine is a diesel but I don't see a reason why it won't be present in the BSIV petrol Nexon either. This was the first item that rats found interesting as a nibble - within a month of getting the car home. I have literally carpet bombed it with rat repellent spray since. Thankfully the damage was minimal. Just a couple of sq. cms. & not too deep. They managed to pull out the filled glass-wool like fibrous material from under the top layer. If you have rat presence around your parking - I suggest you use a good rat repellent on this too. (If you don't have rat menace - please let me know if any apartment is available for renting nearby . I'm ready to relocate even.)

And how are the new horns? We'd like to see a video of the new voice of your Nexon please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I saw a blue 2020 Nexon today. The facelift looks great overall but that new blue colour looks absolutely horrendous and pasty. Anyone else prefer the previous metallic blue ?
I do! The new one simply doesn't hold a candle to the previous generation's striking Moroccan Blue shade. The new shade looks funky but not stylish & certainly doesn't match with the more butch and aggressive style of the facelift. The new shade is shared with the Tiago I think for cost savings. It looks OKAY on the Tiago but makes a mess of the Nexon. Moroccan Blue was exclusive to the Nexon. I'm a bit annoyed to see signature shades like the Etna Orange and Moroccan Blue getting removed. These were the top selling shades earlier.

Last edited by Reinhard : 25th June 2020 at 11:13.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 16:01   #3049
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Hi,
Below are my observations on BS6 vs BS4 Petrol AMT:
Noise: I found a noteworthy reduction in engine noise when revved hard.

Vibrations: remain more or less the same.

Harshness: Has reduced a bit. At idle, you won't feel it's a 3 pot but when you rev hard, beyond 3000 rpm you do feel a throaty note. Some like it, some don't.

Also, i felt that the low speed jerkiness has reduced significantly. In speeds below 40 i found the BS4 to be extremely, annoyingly jerky. This has improved a LOT in the latest Avatar. Not sure if the power bump has to play a role here, but it was a very evident improvement.
Did a short TD of petrol AMT recently, found the gearshifts to be smooth and NVH is an upgrade for me(as I drive Nano). Overall it's a nice experience, especially the TD experience is nice, SA offered the car for test drive even when I mentioned that I am just window shopping and not an actual buyer.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 18:44   #3050
BHPian

Hi,

For the AMT owners here, how has the car been? The gearshift quality, overall reliability? If you all could give me some insights, it would be helpful as these are things that only owners can confirm. If I ask a Tata guy, their answers will always be, "it's awesome, it's perfectly reliable, etc"

Last edited by GTO : 26th June 2020 at 07:43. Reason: Poorly typed posts. Please type your posts out properly
Old 25th June 2020, 19:20   #3051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

For the AMT owners here, how has the car been? The gearshift quality, overall reliability? If you all could give me some insights, it would be helpful as these are things that only owners can confirm. If I ask a Tata guy, their answers will always be, "it's awesome, it's perfectly reliable, etc"
The honest answer here that the shift quality sucks. This aspect is common to all AMTs, whether they are from Tata or Maruti or Mahindra or Renault. If you have never driven an automatic before, you’ll be happy with the clutchless drive and will be able to adjust yourself according to the gearbox. But if you have experienced any decent torque converter or CVT, you’ll be instantly put off by the jerky shifts.

The good thing about the Nexon AMT is that both engines are powerful and the manual mode is fairly responsive. I find the best way to drive is to keep the AMT in manual mode and use it like a clutchless manual.

Last edited by GTO : 26th June 2020 at 07:44. Reason: Quoted post edited
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 19:27   #3052
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. My question is more so with the durability and reliability of the AMT gearbox. Have folks faced issues? Car ever getting stranded?
Old 25th June 2020, 19:32   #3053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. My question is more so with the durability and reliability of the AMT gearbox. Have folks faced issues? Car ever getting stranded?
I drive an MT Nexon. But I know a lot of folks with AMT Nexons (Petrol & diesel both) who are absolutely happy without any niggles. The number is well over 20. In about 1 year I have heard only two of them facing issues. One of them was when the car wouldn't shift gear. This was miraculously resolved by simply disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. The other needed a visit to the TASC to get a pin in the AMT unit replaced under warranty (that's what I remember I heard).

As long as one correctly modulates the throttle inputs, shifts to N at the right times & doesn't drive in RPMs that result in half-clutching, the AMT seems to be doing ok (in all brand cars.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 25th June 2020 at 19:33.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 20:48   #3054
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In terms of reliability or if you want to know if the AMT might break down and leave you stranded, odds are extremely low. That doesn’t really happen. Car will give plenty of signs like severe juddering or rough shifts for quite some time as the clutch set wears before it finally gives out. The clutch is the same as in a manual Nexon. Just that instead of you pressing the clutch pedal, here it is operated via hydraulics. Everything else is identical.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 25th June 2020 at 20:53.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 22:40   #3055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
As long as one correctly modulates the throttle inputs, shifts to N at the right times & doesn't drive in RPMs that result in half-clutching, the AMT seems to be doing ok (in all brand cars.)
That's precisely one needs to do to manage a drive with an AMT. And for someone who has been using an MT's for a long time, its nothing short of a cultural shock I bought my facelift Nexon AMT in Feb and have made certain changes to my driving style to get accustomed to an AMT gearbox.

1. I always use the creep function from a standstill and only give an accelerator input once the vehicle has started crawling. Helps in a smooth transition and avoids any jerks.
2. Remain in the left lane till I gather momentum to avoid unnecessary honking behind me.
3. I'm pretty gentle on the A pedal and only press it by 20-25% to let the gearbox do its thing in a relaxed manner. Its pretty good as per AMT standards but certainly no match to a TC or CVT. Think of this gearbox as an employee who is serving his notice period. His working capacity is always limited and at times, he wont give a damn
4. I make sure I engage neutral when I stop the vehicle on traffic lights or elsewhere.
5. Never be in a hurry when parking the vehicle. Make sure you stop the vehicle completely before engaging forward or reverse gear.
5. I've used the manual mode a couple of times and its certainly better than using it in the auto mode. I feel manual mode will be best suited for highway drives.
k.sumit is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 20:20   #3056

Hi,

I am planning to get the nexon amt petrol in few days. I thought of pushing for a good discount citing lower demand due to lockdown. But, the SA says demand has actually increased and says they are selling approx. 12 cars per day. This is in Trichy and I seriously doubt the number.
Can someone throw some light on the current sales numbers of nexon, or in general tata cars post the lockdown?
Old 28th June 2020, 07:32   #3057
BHPian

Yesterday I've got quote from 3 dealers, 2 in Mumbai and 1 from Nasik. All have quoted 9.6 lac on road with 1 yr insurance, excluding any warranty or service packages. They are saying Tata is not giving any discounts as according to them, the base pricing of the car itself is kept low. Whatever discounts I was quoted were from the dealers end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
Hi,

I am planning to get the nexon amt petrol in few days. I thought of pushing for a good discount citing lower demand due to lockdown. But, the SA says demand has actually increased and says they are selling approx. 12 cars per day. This is in Trichy and I seriously doubt the number.
Can someone throw some light on the current sales numbers of nexon, or in general tata cars post the lockdown?

Last edited by SDP : 28th June 2020 at 10:41. Reason: Typo
Old 28th June 2020, 10:12   #3058

Quote:
All have quoted 9.6 lac on road with 1 yr insurance, excluding any warranty or service packages. They are saying Tata is not giving any discounts as according to them, the base pricing of the car itself is kept low. Whatever discounts I was quoted were from the dealers end.
Thanks Dieselritzer. The SA here gave me a quote of 9.88
I asked for a detailed breakup(3 days back) and yet to get it.
Can you please share the breakup of your quote, I could use it for comparison.
Old 28th June 2020, 10:56   #3059
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200625wa0013.jpg

Check this. The SA also mentioned that if I sit with the booking amount, they'll touch 9.5 lac INR. These SAs are working from home so they gave a hand written or a whatsapp text quote.

Last edited by Dieselritzer : 28th June 2020 at 10:57.
Old 28th June 2020, 13:09   #3060
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2021964

Check this. The SA also mentioned that if I sit with the booking amount, they'll touch 9.5 lac INR. These SAs are working from home so they gave a hand written or a whatsapp text quote.
What is misc? Please clarify if misc means handling charges and ask the SA to waive those off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks