Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2020, 22:02   #3181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Your car looks superb and many are going to copy that look, indeed. How does she drive in comparo with the BS4? Does new Nexon come with a Urea tank, that will need a regular refill? Please post a picture. I did chance upon your Nexie in person at Key Motors, while there to collect my car, and liked your touches. Wishing you many miles of happiness. Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post
since I wanted a pure dual tone look, I got them painted to black
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 16:25   #3182
BHPian

Had a long(ish) TD of the nexon amt. I was apprehensive of driving a new car as I'm only used to esteem and Alto. The Nexon is both bigger and more powerful, but I felt comfortable driving it immediately. The amt is basically a no brainer, it does most of the work by itself. Driving in the city at low speeds, I felt the gear shifts were smooth enough. On the highway, when I tried to speed up to overtake slow moving trucks, I could feel the head nods on each gear change. This was only in city mode though. In sports mode it was very smooth. I think it's just a matter of getting used to it.
Overall I was very satisfied with the TD. I went ahead and booked a green xza+. I got a quote of 12L, after some discount on the insurance. 3yr extended warranty is 20k, and 4yr 60k km P2P is 10k. Gold amc is too expensive so I'm skipping it. They're throwing in mats and mud flaps for free, and I've told them to paint the ceramic band as well. Now I've to decide whether to paint it gray or piano black.
zhopudey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 20:57   #3183
BHPian

Facing a certain jerking problem with my Nexon diesel AMT. No, it's not the typical AMT gear shifting jerk.

Does not happen when engine is warm/hot. It happens after doing 3-4 kms on cold start. Speed is between 20 to 40 kmph. Transmission is on 2nd or 3rd gear. The throttle will be constant or mildly accelerating and suddenly there is a violent jerk and it feels as if the engine has lost power and regained it two or three times. It goes away in a second or two and can happen again till a few kms. It is a similar feeling jerk to when you leave the clutch too quickly in a manual transmission car and it jerks till stalling.

This is not a new problem. I have been facing it infrequently since day one and got it checked out a few times during regular maintenance visits. Obviously, it never happens when the service centre guys take it out for a test drive so they end up telling me they'll update the software on the AMT and that's the end of that. This has been done two times already. I don't blame them. They can't diagnose what they can't see or feel.
Now, my car is nearing its warranty limit and I am keen to get this issue fixed once and for all before that. Have any one of you faced this problem with your Nexon?

I connected an OBD scanner few months ago and got a '3rd cylinder misfire' error. Could this problem be because of that or do I point the blame solely at the tranny?
Old 13th September 2020, 22:05   #3184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Your car looks superb and many are going to copy that look, indeed. How does she drive in comparo with the BS4? Does new Nexon come with a Urea tank, that will need a regular refill? Please post a picture. I did chance upon your Nexie in person at Key Motors, while there to collect my car, and liked your touches. Wishing you many miles of happiness. Congrats!
Thank you so much Sebring

Mine is the petrol variant and sine diesel was never an option for me due to my relatively less running, I did not check/inquired about the urea tank.

I'll definitely be posting some more pics soon.
J_K_A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 10:54   #3185
BHPian

What's the consensus on extended warranty, p2p and gold amc? 2 yr extended warranty for xza+ is 20k, 4yr p2p is 10k, and 4yr gold amc is 52k. I'm thinking of going for the warranty and p2p. Skipping the gold amc.

Another silly doubt. Where to keep mobile phone? With android auto, I don't feel there is any need for a phone holder. Do I keep it next to the 12v socket? Or open the tambour door and keep it inside the storage space? I might forget it in the car if I keep the shutter closed.

Silly doubt #2. Does the peps band act as a watch as well?
Silly doubt #3. Has anyone managed to fit an umbrella in the door pocket?

Please bear with me. This is my 1st new car after using an Esteem for the last 10 years. I'm going to keep having many silly doubts of such kinds

Last edited by zhopudey : 14th September 2020 at 10:54. Reason: spelling
zhopudey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 10:59   #3186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Another silly doubt. Where to keep mobile phone? With android auto, I don't feel there is any need for a phone holder. Do I keep it next to the 12v socket? Or open the tambour door and keep it inside the storage space? I might forget it in the car if I keep the shutter closed.
If your phone is "right sized" and not any large "Note" etc - you can simply place it on the tambour door with the USB wire connected. Thats what I used to do till recently. Now I have the HIKER branded (courtesy Amazon.in) magnetic holder besides the central AC vent on the passenger side. I place my mobile on that. So that it is vertical & the USB wire also doesn't bend much near the connector (like used to, when I placed the phone on the tambour door).
Quote:
Silly doubt #2. Does the peps band act as a watch as well?
No.
Quote:
Silly doubt #3. Has anyone managed to fit an umbrella in the door pocket?
Yes. And it wasn't very small etc. A normal umbrella but with proper folds & tightly rolled up. Good luck, we are here to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
1.5 Revotorq is a small engine for SCR implementation that needs Urea. Just like the Ford TDCI, Hyundai/KIA 1.5 CRDi, the Tata Revotorq also uses the LNT approach for BSVI compliance. No Urea injection required.

Last edited by vb-saan : 14th September 2020 at 11:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Thank you
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 11:11   #3187
BHPian

Quote:
What's the consensus on extended warranty, p2p and gold amc? 2 yr extended warranty for xza+ is 20k, 4yr p2p is 10k, and 4yr gold amc is 52k. I'm thinking of going for the warranty and p2p. Skipping the gold amc.
Have you installed the TMSC app on your mobile? Do it, I had 2 years free P2P from factory in my 2018 Nexon XMA.

How much is 2 years AMC gold for?

All your above questions can be correctly answered, once you let us know your usage ie km in a month/year etc.
Old 14th September 2020, 12:00   #3188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
All your above questions can be correctly answered, once you let us know your usage ie km in a month/year etc.
Not sure of usage in the current scenario. If I use it for commuting to office, then 1200-1500 kms/month. Once things are back to normal, I might not be crossing 4k/yr.
Old 14th September 2020, 12:50   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure of usage in the current scenario. If I use it for commuting to office, then 1200-1500 kms/month. Once things are back to normal, I might not be crossing 4k/yr.
Try and negotiate the EW and or P2P price in the car price.

With your low running AMC gold will be a waste, as each yearly service costs about 5-6k. You only pay for the wheel weight, all fluids and filters are covered.
Old 14th September 2020, 14:02   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post
Hence I got them painted black. Will be sharing pics soon.
Looks fabulous. I so want to get it done as I do not like the white strip either. Where did you get that done? I would appreciate if you could share the details?
Shrey_1520 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 23:06   #3191

I booked Nexon XZA Plus Diesel AMT post test drive as an upgrade to my wife's Alto K10 ASG. I also tried the EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT AT( Titanium+). I havent tried the Sonet Diesel AT variant yet, and my heart goes with the Ecosport, it gives a lot of confidence, smooth drive and a handling is more rigid and confidence generating... Even though not much has changed on design perspective over 7-8 years, it doesn't lack anything either that could be a deal breaker.. That said, I have zoomed in to Nexon XZA+ Diesel Auto, Sonet HTK+Diesel Auto, and Ecosport 1.5L Ti-VCT AT Titanium+....
I am basically looking for hassle free long term ownership with a reliable brand
Would appreciate if you could give your thoughts into this.
aceplaybill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 23:32   #3192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplaybill View Post
I booked Nexon XZA Plus Diesel AMT post test drive as an upgrade to my wife's Alto K10 ASG. I also tried the EcoSport 1.5L Ti-VCT AT( Titanium+).
Not an expert to help you on what you are looking for, but wanted to check on an aspect from someone who has tried multiple cars on this segment. Since you have tried these two, can you help me with your opinion on A-pillar thickness/blindspot creation aspect of the Nexon and Ecosport? From whatever I have read from various reviews and opinions separately on these cars, both have above normal A-pillar thickness causing blindspots. But looking for an opinion from someone who has tested both for a better comparative perspective.

Last edited by skarthiksr : 14th September 2020 at 23:41.
Old 15th September 2020, 01:29   #3193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesidmania View Post
Facing a certain jerking problem with my Nexon diesel AMT.
Yes, I am facing the same problem but it does not bother me much. I think it is the nature of the Gearbox AMT combination.
What bothers me is the slight vibration of the flywheel that feels unbalanced while accelerating from speed-breakers for eg. I have tried replacing the flywheel but the issue still remains. This to me is the only fly in the ointment for an almost perfect SUV that satisfies my needs.
Old 15th September 2020, 14:00   #3194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Looks fabulous. I so want to get it done as I do not like the white strip either. Where did you get that done? I would appreciate if you could share the details?
Thanks Shrey.

I got it done from the dealer itself (Key Motors) before taking the delivery. You could either contact your dealer, or could get it done from any reputed shop from outside. I'm saying this because as far as I know, the dealers also send the vehicles to other/outside shops for paint jobs.
J_K_A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 16:45   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Overall I was very satisfied with the TD. I went ahead and booked a green xza+. I got a quote of 12L, after some discount on the insurance. 3yr extended warranty is 20k, and 4yr 60k km P2P is 10k. Gold amc is too expensive so I'm skipping it.
Congrats. I have booked the XZ+ and waiting. Do check the insurance amount outside too. Dealer quoted 40k+ for the insurance upon asking for discount they offered me 9k discount on Insurance which was 31k. Upon checking with New India Assurance, the b2b for Nexon XZ+ was offered to me for 24k, so I decided not to go with dealer insurance. What they say about not getting cashless in case of an accident is all b*ll.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks