Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2020, 17:18   #3196
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Congrats. I have booked the XZ+ and waiting. Do check the insurance amount outside too. Dealer quoted 40k+ for the insurance upon asking for discount they offered me 9k discount on Insurance which was 31k. Upon checking with New India Assurance, the b2b for Nexon XZ+ was offered to me for 24k, so I decided not to go with dealer insurance. What they say about not getting cashless in case of an accident is all b*ll.
Got a call today that the green xza+ in the stockyard has gone to the other showroom in Thane. Will have to order fresh. I decided to change color to white, as the gray ceramic band looks better.
I don't much mind this delay, but will try to score some extra accessories from the showroom for this. Somehow I can't find a list of official nexon accessories anywhere.
Old 15th September 2020, 19:15   #3197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
There is a white screw adjuster, right behind the headlights casing, ask TASS to do it.
Probably you didn't understand the context, I know the screw exists and I can do that myself but I won't adjust the screw every time my car is loaded or unloaded. What's missing is the dynamic control just like the low beam!
Old 15th September 2020, 19:43   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post
Thanks Shrey.

I got it done from the dealer itself (Key Motors) before taking the delivery.
Thank you. I only want the side and rear ceramic strips to be painted black. Mine is a XZA+ single tone. While I purchased the car from Prerana Motors, I know a good SA at Key Motors, Mysore road. Is that where you got your car from?
Old 15th September 2020, 19:48   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Somehow I can't find a list of official nexon accessories anywhere.
Here it is along with the price.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nexon Accessories.pdf (1.58 MB, 11642 views)
Shrey_1520 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 22:30   #3200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Thank you. I only want the side and rear ceramic strips to be painted black. Mine is a XZA+ single tone. While I purchased the car from Prerana Motors, I know a good SA at Key Motors, Mysore road. Is that where you got your car from?
I got it from Key Motors JP Nagar.
Old 15th September 2020, 23:02   #3201
BHPian

Quote:
Here it is along with the price.
Thanks! The scuff plates look interesting.
Old 15th September 2020, 23:05   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I only want the side and rear ceramic strips to be painted black.
I got this done at the local dealer in my hometown. This is a black matt wrap finished very well. The ceramic strips were removed for this process. Dealer mentioned that paint may not last long on the ceramic bits.
Unfortunately, he forgot the front white strips near the fog lamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20200830_181206.jpg  

Torq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 12:28   #3203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Thanks! The scuff plates look interesting.
They are good. I have them installed from showroom on my car. Quality, finish & look are quite nice for the price. Below is a sample picture.

However - please be advised - its just a pair - For the front 2 doors. The set does NOT have any plates for the rear door at all. Which is a bit dumb. At least small non-illuminated plates should have been included for the rear doors to maintain uniformity.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190808_211742.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190809_103526.jpg

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th September 2020 at 12:40.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 12:58   #3204
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

My brother is in the market for a new car. Current contenders are:

Ecosport NA Petrol 1.5 Titanium S

v/s

Nexon Turbo Petrol 1.3 XZ+(S)

Only two problems I see in the NEXON are,

JERKY Throttle - It has a few spots in the rev range where the car feels dull followed by a sudden short spurt of power.

WEIRD Clutch Action - It becomes effortless and falls to the floor after pressing the pedal half way. Same for the release - no effort till mid-way and then it springs back with increased force.

Being a MT car, these two issues have a potential of becoming very irritating. I am imagining these two scenarios after every gear change for the next 10 years of driving.

Need to know what the Petrol MT owners think of these two issues.

Is there some work-around?
Does it smooth out with use?
Does the driver get used to it?

Last edited by Aditya : 16th September 2020 at 19:37. Reason: Minor typo
Old 16th September 2020, 13:57   #3205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
JERKY Throttle - It has a few spots in the rev range where the car feels dull followed by a sudden short spurt of power.
More or less - this will happen in most small but turbo-charged motors. Tough to get an NA like linear delivery curve with a turbo engine. Remember - before the turbo reaches optimum RPM and compression - the engine is effectively a 1.2 NA engine like the Tiago, pulling a car far heavier. Hence the dull feel.
Quote:
WEIRD Clutch Action - It becomes effortless and falls to the floor after pressing the pedal half way. Same for the release - no effort till mid-way and then it springs back with increased force.
While the magnitude of how much it affects the driving experience is totally individual specific, it might be TD car specific also. Might be worth taking another TD at a different dealership.
Quote:
Is there some work-around?
Does it smooth out with use?
Does the driver get used to it?
Try different drive modes. Tends to be jerky in Eco mode. Yes it tends to smooth out - especially since with time the driver gets used to it + driving style also quickly adapts to negate these specific items with different gear shift times, throttle input modulation etc. It happens instinctively, no real effort is needed. Applies to all cars really.

Last edited by Reinhard : 16th September 2020 at 13:58.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 16:25   #3206

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Not an expert to help you on what you are looking for, but wanted to check on an aspect from someone who has tried multiple cars on this segment. But looking for an opinion from someone who has tested both for a better comparative perspective.
Driving the Ecosport poured a lot of confidence in me, A-Pillars didn't affect visibility of road, I believe it's a matter of getting used to how to tackle it. Nexon has a lower seating position. Tested Ecosport both on highway and city.
aceplaybill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 18:08   #3207
BHPian

Has anyone tried an Automatic Power Window Roll Up Closer Relay Kit for Nexon?

I did a search on various sites, but could not find specifically for Nexon, except this one?
https://wavehertz.com/shop/automotiv...-closer-relay/

I had got an Autocop Central locking system installed in my old car which came with an auto window role up. So I miss this feature of windows automatically rolling up when I lock the car. Any suggestions appreciated.

Mods: I apologise, if this a wrong thread to ask this question. Please feel free to move it another appropriate thread. I did a search and all related threads to related to this topic is around 4 to 5 years old.
Old 18th September 2020, 08:02   #3208
BHPian

Tata Nexon becomes the first Indian car to be published on the IDIS - source HT

Quote:

Tata Motors today announced that the Tata Nexon, its popular compact SUV, has become the first Indian car to be published on the prestigious International Dismantling Information System (IDIS) platform for End-of-Life Vehicles (ELV).
This means Tata Motors will make the entire life cycle of its products sustainable, from the development of ultra-low/zero emission vehicles to responsible dismantling and recycling of the vehicle at the final ELV stage.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 18th September 2020 at 08:04.
arvindmanju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 08:08   #3209
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone tried an Automatic Power Window Roll Up Closer Relay Kit for Nexon?
I came across this YT video. He is using RD relay :

K_Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 09:48   #3210
BHPian

I was enquiring with a dealer here in Chennai about the waiting periods of Altroz Diesel and Nexon petrol. Except Nexon petrol, every other model in the Tata lineup had some available free stock in their Pune/ Sanand plants. For Nexon Petrol, the waiting period was mentioned as 4-5 weeks. But interestingly, the dealer contact mentioned that it is made-to-order.
While, I have seen the monthly Official Sales numbers threads and Nexon posts a healthy monthly dispatch number, I'm not sure of the breakdown between Petrol and Diesel.
Is Nexon petrol not fast moving, that it is made to order? May be it is just those final butterflies before actually going ahead with the booking, but still thought of confirming with you guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks