Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 16:12   #3226
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Given the hardwork the engine mounts of the 3 cylinder petrol Nexon has to do, has anyone any idea how long it will be before the mounts need to be changed?

In two of my previous cars (both were old-school Diesels), the engine mounts were changed only after they crossed 1 L km.
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:43   #3227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Given the hardwork the engine mounts of the 3 cylinder petrol Nexon has to do, has anyone any idea how long it will be before the mounts need to be changed?

In two of my previous cars (both were old-school Diesels), the engine mounts were changed only after they crossed 1 L km.
3 cylinder engine wont cause engine mounts to fail prematurely. Also, Nexon's engine has a balancer shaft to reduce vibrations so the load on engine mounts will wont be as much compared to an engine without a balancer shaft. Refer to the below link to get more idea on how it works.

https://www.sae.org/publications/tec.../2015-26-0126/
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 00:05   #3228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
I had booked a green Nexon Petrol xza+, which the dealer had in stock. But due to some confusion at their end it got assigned to another showroom. I've now changed my preference to White, and the dealer is saying I'll get the car by month end.
I recently bought a Nexon XM, got the delivery on 29th Aug. I too stay in Thane and had similar experience with the dealer there. So i booked the car with another dealer in Mumbai, did the entire transaction remotely without visiting the showroom.

I had recently shifted to Thane, didn't found any good auto accessories store for seat covers and audio upgrade. Please suggest if you know a better place.
Old 25th September 2020, 14:50   #3229
BHPian

Tata motors design goes international! The chinese are now copying from Tata.

https://www.cartoq.com/china-copycat...ata-nexon/amp/
zhopudey is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 16:58   #3230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
Water wading capacity

- Nexon 300mm
- Ecosport 550mm
- Compass 482mm
- XUV500 350 mm
Just read about this in the Nexon EV thread. Didn't find much discussion about it anywhere else. Is this 300mm a problem in real life? Nexon owners - can it handle mumbai monsoons?
Old 27th September 2020, 13:27   #3231
BHPian

A recent communication from Tata Motors to its dealerships.

The tri-arrow design pattern on the bumper will be changed to a Bi-arrow design pattern.

Information shared by a fellow Nexon whatsapp group member .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20200927wa0001.jpg  

Sudarshan_N is online now   (17) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 18:07   #3232
BHPian

Why did they do this, it looked nicer before!
Have they been warned by Mercedes-Benz?
Also, does that mean the interior patterns on the seats, plastics etc would also be changed from a tri to a bi-arrow?
lemedico is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 18:50   #3233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan_N View Post
The tri-arrow design pattern on the bumper will be changed to a Bi-arrow design pattern
Good thing my car has already reached the stockyard. Though must say the bi-arrow design also looks good.
zhopudey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 18:58   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Also, does that mean the interior patterns on the seats, plastics etc would also be changed from a tri to a bi-arrow?
I had the exact same thoughts about Mercedes
Not sure though.

Although facelifted Nexon has an overdose of tri-arrow pattern in many places, it is much more prominent on the front bumper because of the highlighting. Also, the existing pattern on seats and dashboard can also be called as Bi-arrow . So, it need not be changed.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20200927185108__01.jpg

So, I guess they will be changing it only on the front bumper.

Just checked the official website now. The change in the front bumper has been updated there already.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20200927184147__01.jpg
Sudarshan_N is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 20:03   #3235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The tri-arrow design pattern on the bumper will be changed to a Bi-arrow design pattern.

Information shared by a fellow Nexon whatsapp group member

May have made sense if it was part of the face-lift with all the other changes. But, on its own, wonder how such a change benefits TML?
Old 28th September 2020, 09:21   #3236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I suspect the change on the air dam motifs is obvious. I was just waiting for it since the face-lift arrived. The only difference to the Mercedes logo was that the arrows didn't widen as they approached the central point. other than that - it was easily identifiable as similar to MB logo & thats good enough to be termed as a trademark infringement if one wants to.

At the same time - I didn't like the silver finish tri-arrow on the airdam & i don't like the silver finish bi-arrow now. This spray finish looks really cheap - also around the fog lamps. Does not gel well with the rest of the butch philosophy of the facelift's face. This silver touch is the only thing I hate on the face-lift's face. Does not look good for a million rupee car. XM and lower with clean black surfaces look much better in comparison.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th September 2020 at 09:24.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 10:44   #3237
Senior - BHPian

Three lovely years with the Nexon completed! No issues to report. Four of us purchased the Nexon on the same day, and became 'first owners' on September 27, 2017 (Launch Day). We have driven the lengths of the country and are elated with this fine beast. (All four got serviced as well on the 26th). It was a delightful moment when a friend organised some cake and a long drive to 'Nowhere'. Fun times, these!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-7088d8b9cf5846e8b1fe872fdd9064f1.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 11:14   #3238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I suspect the change on the air dam motifs is obvious. I was just waiting for it since the face-lift arrived. The only difference to the Mercedes logo was that the arrows didn't widen as they approached the central point. other than that - it was easily identifiable as similar to MB logo & thats good enough to be termed as a trademark infringement if one wants to.

At the same time - I didn't like the silver finish tri-arrow on the airdam & i don't like the silver finish bi-arrow now. This spray finish looks really cheap - also around the fog lamps. Does not gel well with the rest of the butch philosophy of the facelift's face. This silver touch is the only thing I hate on the face-lift's face. Does not look good for a million rupee car. XM and lower with clean black surfaces look much better in comparison.
You're right about perceiving it as a MB logo and I strongly suspect there's been legal challenges. MB itself is embroiled in so much legal tension with NOKIA and other vendors, I bet they are bullying good ol' TATA. But regarding it's quality and finish, in person it doesn't look tacky at all! It's well done, and holds well after the usual wear and tear of driving and washing.

Last edited by lemedico : 28th September 2020 at 11:15. Reason: Corrections in grammar
lemedico is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 12:37   #3239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mercedes or otherwise, clearly looks like its an effect due to some 'cause. To think, Pratap Bose spoke so much about this tri-arrow design theme in Auto Expo 2020 and to dropping it off in just a span of 8 months, does not make smart design sense.

Bi-arrow doesn't look as well rounded a design as tri-arrow (just my thinking).
Old 28th September 2020, 13:10   #3240
BHPian

Quote:

Information shared by a fellow Nexon whatsapp group member .
Elegance is lost

I would pefer no arrow design over the bi arrow one. No doubt the tri arrow design looks very similar to Mercedes Benz and the naming is very similar to the tri-Star...
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks