Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2020, 21:52   #3271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Also, Hill hold feature works as expected. The sensor detects the tilt of the body when the car is stopped on a slope and prevents rolling backwards.
So the Hill-hold feature in new model works and don't roll back at all ? That would mean major flaw in AMT is being addressed with this hill-hold.

I have a last year model, it does roll back when in slope, even with creep function, it does go back little and then starts to creep, whatever mode you are in, when there is incline. And there is no creep in reverse gear, it can fully roll-back without control if not careful while doing reverse incline.

So when stationary i use left leg on brake to avoid this roll-down, hand-brake method is not suggested in stop-go traffic.
Old 11th October 2020, 22:56   #3272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
So the Hill-hold feature in new model works and don't roll back at all ? That would mean major flaw in AMT is being addressed with this hill-hold.
Yes. Hill Hold feature works in the new models as its supposed to be holding the vehicle for 3 seconds. This is not just in the AMT but in the manual variants too.

Here is a YouTube video which demonstrates it.,

Shrey_1520 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 10:25   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. Hill Hold feature works in the new models as its supposed to be holding the vehicle for 3 seconds. This is not just in the AMT but in the manual variants too.

Here is a YouTube video which demonstrates it.,

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=4AKz...nel=SassyHills
That's a great improvement then, till last year TATA was selling Nexon with Hill-hold(Creep function), which actually rolls back for couple of seconds and then start to move forward, that was actually reverse of Hill-hold.

My wife still refuses the drive the Nexon AMT, since its seldom rolls back in inclined traffic signal as she drives Honda city TC AT which never roll back, while bikes would be standing almost touching the rear, in-fact when i 1st got my Nexon, it did touch couple of bikers behind due to roll back, then i learnt the trick of holding brake with left leg.
Old 12th October 2020, 10:45   #3274
BHPian

Hello BHPians

We, a family of 5, are planning for a week long road trip next month. I foresee a luggage space crunch and was looking for options to counter that. I came across a Amazon Basics roof-bag but that seems to require proper roof rails (not the aesthetic ones like on the Nexon). Has anyone installed roof rails on their Nexon? If yes, what would be the cost involved? Also, will it need hole-drilling? Are there any other options similar to the roof-bag, which doesn't require much of an effort (in terms of time and cost). Mine is a 2018 XZ+ Diesel. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th October 2020, 11:29   #3275
BHPian

Anyone added Harman tweeters to XM model of Nexon after sourcing from Boodmo or directly from Tata? How is the performance? Since there won't be any crossover in XM, does it effects sound quality?
Old 12th October 2020, 14:24   #3276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I came across a Amazon Basics roof-bag but that seems to require proper roof rails (not the aesthetic ones like on the Nexon). Has anyone installed roof rails on their Nexon? If yes, what would be the cost involved? Also, will it need hole-drilling?
I have purchased the amazon basics roof bag and the car is the 3L D4D Fortuner which has proper roof rails. Yet, i did not use it on my trip to Arunachal.
To use the bag, you would need a roof carrier in addition to the roof rails. Else, the bag would rest on the roof of the car.
No matter how much you tighten the straps, it tends to get loose while on the move.
With longer drives, the mud gets to the surface of the bag and the straps get loose causing the bags to move resulting in lots of micro scratches on the roof.
My suggestion would be to get a roof carrier and place the bag on the roof carrier.
To get thule or similar roof rails, you do not have to drill any holes.
Hope, this helps. Have a safe trip.
Cheers..

Last edited by starter : 12th October 2020 at 14:26.
starter is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 14:51   #3277
BHPian

The widespread powercut today gave me a good excuse to go for a short drive. Did some testing, Hill hold works perfectly! 😁. Tested on my society's ramp. Relying only on creep for climbing makes it huff and puff and groan - a little throttle is needed. I then applied the brakes in the middle of the ramp, and on releasing then the car didn't move back at all. Not an inch. I got all the time in the world to give it some throttle and go ahead.
Tried out the manual mode as well. This could get addictive. It really holds on the gears in this mode, and there's a surge of power after 2500rpm. I quickly backed off though and came back to auto mode.
The tri-arrow to bi-arrow conversion is a half baked job, though. Hope Tata makes proper bi-arrows going ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20201012_134814.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20201012_134843.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20201011_122015.jpg  

zhopudey is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 18:00   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
My wife still refuses the drive the Nexon AMT, since its seldom rolls back in inclined traffic signal

in-fact when i 1st got my Nexon, it did touch couple of bikers behind due to roll back, then i learnt the trick of holding brake with left leg.
For god's sake never ever use your left feet for operating the brake in an automatic car, (you'll always get rear-ended in panic situations) use the handbrake instead to manoeuvre out of traffic.

Enjoy your ride.
Vinod_nair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 18:07   #3279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
For god's sake never ever use your left feet for operating the brake in an automatic car, (you'll always get rear-ended in panic situations) use the handbrake instead to manoeuvre out of traffic.

Enjoy your ride.
No, use it only when stationary not on moving car, it works perfectly to stop AMT cars rolling back, once car moves ahead never use left leg while moving. This is what most AMT car users are doing.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 18:21   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
No, use it only when stationary not on moving car, it works perfectly to stop AMT cars rolling back, once car moves ahead never use left leg while moving. This is what most AMT car users are doing.
Always remember 2 wrongs don't make a right, it was my responsibility to correct what I can see is not correct.

Peace
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 18:24   #3281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For god's sake never ever use your left feet for operating the brake in an automatic car.
Couldn't agree more. Extremely dangerous practice indeed. This is the first thing they tell you when going for driving classes.
amol4184 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 18:27   #3282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Always remember 2 wrongs don't make a right, it was my responsibility to correct what I can see is not correct.

Peace
Pretty funny, There is nothing wrong or right with this, its just your driving style and what you are comfortable with. I would say hand-brakes is much more difficult and risky compared to using left leg to address the roll-back in AMT cars.

You guys in Seattle or Riyad might be driving proper AT(CVT, TC or DCT) cars, AMT cars which roll back is different ball game, try to use handbrake for roll back in indian traffic, you will have few incidents.

Last edited by shamanth : 12th October 2020 at 18:29.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:21   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
My suggestion would be to get a roof carrier and place the bag on the roof carrier.
To get thule or similar roof rails, you do not have to drill any holes.
Hope, this helps. Have a safe trip.
Cheers..
Thank you so much. This surely helps. My requirement is just for this time and I don't think I am will to spend a lot. We will either pack lite or go in 2 different cars
Old 12th October 2020, 21:36   #3284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
My requirement is just for this time and I don't think I am will to spend a lot. We will either pack lite or go in 2 different cars
Unrelated to the roof carrier if your goal is to pack more stuff in a limited area and assuming clothes make the most part of your luggage, I would suggest this

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B083D4PR1H/?coliid=I1ADES1Q4PGEY7&colid=2G9487BXN7K2E&ref_=lv _ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

These are not the durable kind but surely can be used for 3 to 4 trips. They save around 50% of the space in our trolley bags and suitcases so you double the capacity of your luggage.

Also, since Nexon does not come with a roof rail I am not sure how effectively any luggage carriage can be installed on this without drilling holes or using clamps. I would not want to take a risk of these creating issues in the middle of the highway. Also, due to the curved structure of Nexon’s roof, this might not look pleasant either.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 21:46   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
Unrelated to the roof carrier if your goal is to pack more stuff in a limited area and assuming clothes make the most part of your luggage.
This looks very interesting. Thank you so much for the suggestion. And yes, the idea is to carry more stuff only. I will surely explore this option as I am not in a mood to spend a bomb or drill holes in my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks