Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:13   #3316
Senior - BHPian

Simple. CVT, DCT and TC are proper Automatic cars, AMT is automated manual transmission. Driving proper automatic cars will provide friendly driving experience compared to AMT. AMTs are bit jerky compared to real ATs, I have both AMT and TC, so there is a big difference in ease of driving Proper ATs.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:23   #3317
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
My question, can the nexon provide a peaceful ownership ? She knows absolutely nothing about cars and totally relies on my advice. Is the car easy to handle , park ? Don’t want any regrets.
I am not a Nexon owner, but would advice to proceed with caution. Nexon is a great product overall and with a little bit of good relation with the service personnel, extracting a great service experience is a possibility.

However, for any purchase beyond Maruti,Hyundai,Kia,Toyota and Honda, there is a high chance the society might frown upon the owner. Though the products are great and vastly niggle free, the peer pressure will lead to the panchatantra story of The Outsmarted Brahmin, link below

'https://www.tell-a-tale.com/crooks-fooled-brahmin-panchatantra/'

So, one needs to be brave enough to justify these decisions esp. the ones with very little knowledge on cars.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 22nd October 2020 at 13:24.
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:55   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I am not a Nexon owner, but would advice to proceed with caution. Nexon is a great product overall and with a little bit of good relation with the service personnel, extracting a great service experience is a possibility.

However, for any purchase beyond Maruti,Hyundai,Kia,Toyota and Honda, there is a high chance the society might frown upon the owner. Though the products are great and vastly niggle free, the peer pressure will lead to the panchatantra story of The Outsmarted Brahmin, link below

So, one needs to be brave enough to justify these decisions esp. the ones with very little knowledge on cars.

This might be OT here. I guess I'm lucky to stay in a modern? society with reasonable residents. Every single person I met has genuinely congratulated me on buying the Nexon, and they all commented about it being the "Safest car" in it's segment in India. A few asked me if I'd considered the Sonet, but on mentioning that I didn't like the space offered, they all agreed. Not a single person has asked me why I didn't go for xyz gizmo. After this if there still are any naysayers, just mention you are "Vocal for Local", that should do it.

However, I must add that buying a car to please the neighbors seems like a colossal waste of money to me. We're nearing 2021, no harm in practicing "My life, my rules".
zhopudey is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 13:57   #3319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
One last question, among AMT and CVT which one will provide more friendly driving experience. She hates driving but needs to drive, hence the ask. I have zilch experience with automatics, never driven one so does she. Tomorrow's test drives should help us with some insights.
For someone who has never driven a DCT/CVT/Torque converter AT in the past - AMT is absolutely fine. They'll not find any complaint with it at all. And plenty of convenience. Only those who are already spoilt by these pure automatics will feel AMT is slower. I in fact have driven all these 3 and yet afterwards I purchased an AMT when I was looking for an automatic 2nd car.
Quote:

Someone with peer pressure as a key factor in car decision making wouldn't / shouldn't ask a friend for advise anyway. The peer pressure would have already eliminated choices & given a final answer.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd October 2020 at 14:00.
Reinhard is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 16:14   #3320
BHPian

Quote:

What a outdated and insipid theory, life has moved on, you should too.

Nexon is a makkhan gaadi, I bought mine in 2018, and after me many many happy owners.

In the beginning when I used to go to pickup my wife from school, I had small children from grade 3/4/5 come and admire my Nexon, and some used to tell their friends, this is India's safest 5*rated car. I would smile at their knowledge and awareness.
Vinod_nair is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:43   #3321
Senior - BHPian

Knew, I would have to answer to a slew of responses. I bought and own a pre-owned Tata Zest and fairly happy with it, and hence I can clearly say I am not living in a bubble. But, I had seen many people getting coerced into the other brands by peers/parents esp. when it finally comes down to voting with their wallets.
Hence, the satirical word of caution to the original poster to not get disappointed in case the decision has turned in favour of other brands.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 22nd October 2020 at 17:45.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 17:55   #3322
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quick Question: Does the Standard and/or Extended Warranty include 24x7 Roadside Assistance?

The website is quite vague in differentiating whether it is applicable only in the Standard Warranty period or extends into the Extended Warranty Period too.

They also have a different pricing for Accident Assistance. Does that mean that the two programs are separate? Will they not tow my under warranty vehicle if I meet with an accident?
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:25   #3323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Way off-topic, but living in such a society seems far more dangerous to me compared to an activity of buying 4 wheels. In 2020, we're still thinking of justifying purchases backed by our hard earned money and available knowledge, to random people??
k_ajay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:48   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Quick Question: Does the Standard and/or Extended Warranty include 24x7 Roadside Assistance?
Only the standard warranty includes complimentary 24x7 Roadside Assistance.

Quote:

They also have a different pricing for Accident Assistance. Does that mean that the two programs are separate? Will they not tow my under warranty vehicle if I meet with an accident?
This is the pricing you can opt for after the standard warranty expires. If you are not in any of these programs, after the standard warranty expires regardless of whether you have an extended warranty or not, 24x7 Roadside Assistance is chargeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I am experiencing problems with android auto in my new phone OnePlus 8T. It connects and disconnects immediately. Has anyone faced and/or resolved this issue with the new android?
Can you try this? Found this online.
Quote:
  • Enable Developer Options
  • Go into Developer Options and turn on USB Debugging
  • A little bit further down the Developer Options page there will be a USB symbol with the title Default USB configuration, tap it
  • Select MIDI, save your settings and then connect your phone.
Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 24th October 2020 at 11:53. Reason: Mod note attached.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 23:35   #3325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Way off-topic, but living in such a society seems far more dangerous to me compared to an activity of buying 4 wheels. In 2020, we're still thinking of justifying purchases backed by our hard earned money and available knowledge, to random people??
Well, 100% true. Unfortunately, even in today's day and age, not every car buyer is informed, nor an enthusiast nor they are on team-bhp. Most of them buy what most others buy as they regard them as safe(r) bets.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 23:42   #3326
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Only the standard warranty includes complimentary 24x7 Roadside Assistance.
The packages are still very complicated. What do they mean by mechanical? They are providing 0 mechanical but 3 accidental towing in 1 year program and providing 6 mechanical and 0 accidental in 2 year program. This is the accident assistance program.

There is a separate roadside assistance program which looks to be the same. Why run two separate packages doing the same job? That too has a paid component like the accident assistance.

It leads me to believe that I have to buy the accident assistance even if I am in warranty or they will not tow my car to the nearest Tata Service Center. Leaving the Road Side Assistance for things like a mechanical failure, flat tyre or running out of fuel.

Never knew you could complicate this simple service to such an extent. In case of Renault, RSA is covered as long as you are in warranty (standard, extended or anytime warranty). After that you can go for a 2/3 year package for 2500 bucks be it a flat tyre or a fender bender. That too is through TVS Assist like in the case of Tata.
Old 23rd October 2020, 01:24   #3327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, 100% true. Unfortunately, even in today's day and age, not every car buyer is informed, nor an enthusiast nor they are on team-bhp. Most of them buy what most others buy as they regard them as safe(r) bets.
But in that case those people would have already bought a car that pleases their neighbors and society in general. While those who know about cars and/or don’t care about society (lets be honest, no one should) will buy a car that they want anyway.
I don’t understand where is this going exactly?
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 10:17   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

It leads me to believe that I have to buy the accident assistance even if I am in warranty or they will not tow my car to the nearest Tata Service Center. Leaving the Road Side Assistance for things like a mechanical failure, flat tyre or running out of fuel.
The RSA will every time tow your vehicle if its not in drivable condition. Its just that if you are under a premium plan, you do not need to pay for it.

While it would have been great to have free RSA services for extended warranty too, I feel, if I am under warranty, the premium plan is not a value for money if I just want to save up on the towing charges/mechanic visit. Also, the covered period is just 6 months to 1 year.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2020, 12:14   #3329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I am experiencing problems with android auto in my new phone OnePlus 8T. It connects and disconnects immediately. Has anyone faced and/or resolved this issue with the new android?

My old phone worked like a charm on this front.
I have seen in some earlier posts somewhere that Battery saver option is causing the app to go to sleep mode or something.

Try this. Navigate to Settings > Battery Saver > App Battery Saver > Settings > Show system apps > Android Auto > Select No restrictions.
Old 23rd October 2020, 12:19   #3330
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry, I could not make out any thing from this message.

Updates : Been to the nearby Honda,Tata and Hyundai showrooms

Honda : Empty showroom with the Jazz displayed, asked for a test drive at my colleague's home. The sales advisor said it's impossible given the number of deliveries they have in hand till Sunday. Took the price list and walked away. Will check with another showroom.

Tata : No display car, spoke to a sales advisor who said he will get the car tomorrow.

Hyndai Venue : Too many executives unlike other two showrooms, the sales advisor said he will get it the car tomorrow.

Interestingly, none of them have any festival offers it seems. Cashing on COVID ???

Will keep you all posted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks