Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2020, 13:54   #3346
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post
The only catch is it isn't instantaneous and takes it's own sweet time to perform a task that you select in the app. I'm talking about a delay of 3-5 seconds.
A delay of 3-5 seconds is not normal at all. I do not see any such delay. I checked again today, it accepts the commands and performs the task instantaneously in mine.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 18:18   #3347
BHPian

A question for the owners of 2020 Nexon: What 12V charger have you been using in your car and if it fits tightly in the socket?
I have used couple of them(MI Qualcomm, Oraimo Highway-Pro) however still looking for a right one with a tight fit. When I pull the charging cable, I only want the cable to come out and not charger unit along with it.
Old 29th October 2020, 18:33   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
I somehow found the Android Auto to be glitchy in my Nexon. While it works alright when I connect, I have had issues with its frequent disconnection and the navigation sometimes stops all of a sudden. It could be due to the cable getting disconnected or bent during the ride. Also, I found the AA maps navigation provided is very basic , difficult to use the keypad or voice to input a location as the screen is not very sensitive to touch.

off late, I have been using a phone holder for my navigation. Its easy to input a location and I can use the HU for playing songs via a pen drive/phone Bluetooth. As the phone is connected to HU via Bluetooth, the navigation voice guidance plays over the car speakers and I can still make and take phone calls using the HU. Also, not to mention one less cable to connect and it looks neat.
I have exactly the same problem. I'm also wondering whether to get a phone mount.
Old 30th October 2020, 11:49   #3349
BHPian

We had booked the Nexon XZ+ Petrol on the 3rd Sept and we were told that by the dealer that the waiting period would be 5 to 7 weeks. Received the below message yesterday by SMS:

Quote:
Dear MrSREERAJMS, Thank you for your patience, we are aware you have waited more than a month for your new Tata vehicle. As a token of appreciation and goodwill gesture - Extended 1 Year OE Warranty & Road Side Assistance. With Production capacity ramped up, and teams working round the clock to service your order, be rest assured. Connect with us on 1800 209 8282 or your dealer for any queries. *T&C Apply
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 11:55   #3350
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
We had booked the Nexon XZ+ Petrol on the 3rd Sept and we were told that by the dealer that the waiting period would be 5 to 7 weeks. Received the below message yesterday by SMS:

That one certainly sounds like a goodwill gesture than normal freebies like mats,perfumes and idols. Meanwhile what does they mean by production ramp up ? To continue churning out 6K units like previous month ?
Old 31st October 2020, 23:10   #3351
BHPian

Quote:
A bit offtopic but it seems that a lot of people have been complaining with the delays in delivery. The official account of nexon on Instagram is flooded with complains related to delay in delivery. I wonder why ? Has the Nexon started selling more or has the production decreased ?
aansh singhania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 09:51   #3352
BHPian

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20201029wa0056.jpg
In the Nexon WhatsApp group I'm part of, people who waited for more than a month are getting above message from TaMo. Looks like there's sudden surge in demand or some production issues. There are multiple people in our group who waited for more than two months and still counting. If above message is true then that is a good gesture by TaMo. Sales team is pretty bad and long waiting period is not helping.
K_Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 17:09   #3353
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Received the below message yesterday by SMS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
A bit offtopic but it seems that a lot of people have been complaining with the delays in delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
In the Nexon WhatsApp group I'm part of, people who waited for more than a month are getting above message from TaMo.
My brother booked it on the 21st of Nov. XZ+(O) Petrol in Silver.

He went to the showroom yesterday to have a look at the accessories. The SA said if you change the colour to White / Foliage we can arrange it in 20 Days. Production of the Silver colour is not happening at the moment hence we do not have any date from the factory. The showroom had a Silver car for delivery which was received after 6 weeks.
Old 1st November 2020, 19:07   #3354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
......if you change the colour to White / Foliage we can arrange it in 20 Days. .....
I believe you meant 21st of Oct.

I booked the Foliage Green on 3rd Sept. SA told me that the waiting period is 5 to 7 weeks, but since I have booked Foliage Green, I may not have to wait that long. But its been 8 weeks now, Foliage Green, dealer has no idea when the car will arrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
In the Nexon WhatsApp group I'm part of...........If above message is true then that is a good gesture by TaMo. Sales team is pretty bad and long waiting period is not helping.
When I received this text, I called the SA to confirm, but he had no idea about this.

I booked at Sree Gokulam Motors, Kochi. Anyone in that group who booked the Nexon in Sept from this dealer?

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 1st November 2020 at 19:12.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 20:21   #3355
BHPian

Looking for help in replacing the rear seat latch in my Nexon. I have a Nexon XZ+ which has 60:40 seats. Carried a large parcel with the seats folded down. Looks like I have pushed the front seat further back "after" folding down the rear seat back. After taking the parcel out, tried to put the rear seat back into place, but was it was rubbing against the seat base. Since it the seat was all foam, tried to put it back with force, in the process broke the seat back latch release knob. Tried to squeeze back the knob, it is fitting but comes off often. Checked with the service center, they don't have a clue.

Checked on Boodmo and found the parts:

Part no: 287192000115 https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-latc..._base-6615084/,
Part No: 542792900102 https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-pull...h_jb-37468944/,
Part No:287192000203 https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-rear...ebony-6615106/,
Part No:542792900103 https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-pull...p_jb-37468943/.

Can this be done DIY? Worried about damaging the seat. Have Tata OEM seat covers installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200315_171149.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20200315_171205.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20190511_174716.jpg  

knaveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 22:13   #3356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
I somehow found the Android Auto to be glitchy in my Nexon. While it works alright when I connect, I have had issues with its frequent disconnection and the navigation sometimes stops all of a sudden. It could be due to the cable getting disconnected or bent during the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
I have exactly the same problem. I'm also wondering whether to get a phone mount.
Likely due to the cable used. I never had issues when i connect the cables supplied with the phone. Tried with Oneplus, Motorola and Samsung cables. Third party cables from Amazon are a hit or a miss. I've found cables from Boat to be working good with my car (Mivi didn't work, cant remember another brand that I tried.) and Currently use a 2M cable from Boat for Android Auto. Can reach the back seat as well.

Last edited by knaveen : 1st November 2020 at 22:16.
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 01:34   #3357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post

He went to the showroom yesterday to have a look at the accessories. The SA said if you change the colour to White / Foliage we can arrange it in 20 Days......
Quote:
I believe you meant 21st of Oct.

I booked the Foliage Green on 3rd Sept. SA told me that the waiting period is 5 to 7 weeks, but since I have booked Foliage Green, I may not have ...…..

Hi Guys,

This is my first ever post. Thanks to the Moderators for approving my membership and allowing me to be part of this great community.

After considering many options for my first car, I decided on Nexon and I booked XZ+S Petrol variant, Foliage Green colour on 23rd October. I liked the Calgary White colour but was vetoed by my wife and daughter and then we unanimously selected the Foliage green. The SA said that wait periods has increased and advised it would be up to 6 ~ 7 weeks. I accepted and paid Rs.11000 as a booking fee.

On 29th October, I received a call from my SA informing that the variant and colour option is available and would be shipped by road from Pune Factory. I was very much surprised and asked for the VIN. They shared it and it was September made. Even the SA sounded as surprised to me and mentioned that few bookings of other variants and some Altroz bookings are waiting for a month.

Since many people are waiting over a month for their booking, it worries me a little that whether this car was shipped earlier and used as a TD car. Are there any other documents which I can ask the dealer so that I can verify that the VIN shared to me is indeed being shipped from the factory only on said dates? Will the Form 22 have this info?

Anyways, I’ve asked for a PDI and informed my SA that payment will be done only if PDI is satisfactory. SA informed that it takes up to 10 days for the truck to reach from the factory to Chennai and positively PDI should happen by around 7th or 8th Nov. I’ll post updates here.

Cheers
Zeus
Old 2nd November 2020, 10:55   #3358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marszeus View Post

Since many people are waiting over a month for their booking, it worries me a little that whether this car was shipped earlier and used as a TD car. Are there any other documents which I can ask the dealer so that I can verify that the VIN shared to me is indeed being shipped from the factory only on said dates? Will the Form 22 have this info?
Proper TD cars are registered to the dealership. Nexon being a fast moving car (for Tata), all dealerships have TD cars at disposal. What I've seen is that they do not risk customers cars with TDs. Which dealership is this?. Considering the footfalls during the lockdown, the possibility of the car used as TD car is low. If in doubt visit the yard, check for the Kms run, tyre status, the plastic seat covers, Bluetooth profiles saved on the car audio system . In the yard, the car is likely to be dirty on the outside. Do check the car for any defects/ damage during transit. Teambhp PDI checklist is very good.
knaveen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:51   #3359

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Proper TD cars are registered to the dealership. Nexon being a fast moving car (for Tata)...... Which dealership is this?.... If in doubt visit the yard, check for the Kms run, tyre status, the plastic seat covers, Bluetooth profiles saved on the car audio system . In the yard, the car is likely to be dirty on the outside. Do check the car for any defects/ damage during transit. Teambhp PDI checklist is very good.

Thanks, knaveen. The dealership is Sree Gokulam, Chrompet.

SA has informed me that once they do their dealer inspection, he would call me for PDI and I'm expecting that to happen over this weekend. I will keep an eye on the points you listed (tyre, plastic seat covers, Bluetooth profiles), and yes I've already printed the TeamBHP Checklist .

Cheers
Zeus
marszeus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 23:18   #3360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
Looking for help in replacing the rear seat latch in my Nexon. I have a Nexon XZ+ which has 60:40 seats. Carried a large parcel with the seats folded down. ....

Can this be done DIY? Worried about damaging the seat. Have Tata OEM seat covers installed.
I'm also facing the same problem. The latch on the rhs seatback broke when I pulled it too hard. Please do keep us all informed if you find the solution to this problem with the relevant spare that worked for you.

Regards,
Paras

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks