Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2020, 08:44   #3361

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by marszeus View Post
Thanks, knaveen. The dealership is Sree Gokulam, Chrompet.

SA has informed me that once they do their dealer inspection, he would call me for PDI and I'm expecting that to happen over this weekend.....

Cheers
Zeus
Hi Guys,

Update on the above post. Yesterday I went to the dealer yard for Pre-registration inspection at Neelankarai, ECR. My observations as below:

1. Due to the recent spate of rains in Chennai, all the cars in the yard are perfectly washed. (Found 6 or 7 Harrier, 5 Nexon and a dozen Altroz)

2. Cross checked the VIN provided with that of vehicle. No scratches, dents, paint differences observed on the exterior.

3. Engine bay was clean. Found a few stickers which carried date,time and shift when they were struck. They were 24 Sep and 25 Sep. Hopefully, the car build was completed by end of September.

4. Tires were Bridgestone Turanza. Out of 4, 3 were made in 34th week and one was 35th week. The spare wheel was of 37th week. Is this normal?

5. Odo was at 15 KM.

6. Seats has plastic wraps intact and found few mud marks on interior Driver door handle area. Informed them to SA.

7. No profiles / previously connected device on the entertainment unit. Software revision was 14 December 2019. Is there a latest version available?

8. Couldn’t take the car for a drive as it was flatly refused. Yard managing guy said only with mail approval from regional heads, can the car be allowed outside yard before RTO process.

9. Switched ON the engine and checked the AC/ Window control, lights & indicators. All were working as expected.

Overall, I am happy with the allotted car. SA verbally promised the car would be ready for delivery after RTO process by Friday, if payments is cleared by Monday.

Apart from standard accessories, I’m opting for seat covers, 1 year Extended warranty and said no to Gold AMC. Anything else should I consider from the dealer?

Also, Vinyl flooring was quoted at Rs.3500. Is this worth it? Suggest recommendations or alternatives if any.

Thanks Guys.

Cheers
Zeus
marszeus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 09:35   #3362
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Opt for P2P. You'll save a lot there. They have a ready chart. Vinyl flooring starts smelling after a while. Depends on how clean/how well you maintain the floor, and that's a chore
Quote:
Apart from standard accessories, I’m opting for seat covers, 1 year Extended warranty and said no to Gold AMC. Anything else should I consider from the dealer?Also, Vinyl flooring was quoted at Rs.3500. Is this worth it? Suggest recommendations or alternatives if any
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 11:21   #3363
BHPian

Quote:
Software revision was 14 December 2019. Is there a latest version available?
Yes, I guess that is the latest version available.

Quote:

1 year Extended warranty and said no to Gold AMC. Anything else should I consider from the dealer?
Why not consider the 3 years warranty as you would only need to pay some additional 11K which will give you 5 years of peace of mind instead of 3 . Also, you need not purchase the warranty immediately and can do so within 90 days from the day of invoice. After 90 days, you would need pay a little extra. I bought mine on the 85th day.

Also, if your running is less AMC is not useful. P2P (which costs considerably less compared to AMC) can be purchased as it covers the cost of most wear and tear parts. Purchase of the P2P is recommended after the 2nd scheduled service. It can be bought for around 10,700 which covers 60k KM or 4 years.

Below is the perceived savings (Image source : Mycarhelpline)

Tata Nexon : Official Review-tatap2pplan.jpg

Regards,

Last edited by Shrey_1520 : 8th November 2020 at 11:28. Reason: Corrected spelling
Shrey_1520 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 13:57   #3364
BHPian

Quoting from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
As a Tiago user, I'd advise anyone to stay away from the stock HU and go for a 3rd party one with good integration to the car controls. Multiple times have the interface become laggy and useless that right now I'm contemplating not using the HU at all and just using the phone by mounting it somewhere.
Does the Nexon share the same HU as that of the Tiago? While Shrey_1520 has already posted an issue of Android auto disconnection in this thread, can someone confirm if similar laggy response is observed on the Nexon HU as well?

Last edited by skarthiksr : 8th November 2020 at 14:15.
Old 8th November 2020, 18:51   #3365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
Does the Nexon share the same HU as that of the Tiago?
AFAIK, it's the same HU from Tiago till Harrier. Can't recall where I read it, but almost sure it was in TBhp itself.
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 19:31   #3366
SPM

Hi, this is my first post and thanks to moderators for accepting my membership.

I am looking forward to booking Nexon Diesel and have few doubts for which i seek help and guidance from fellow bhpians.

1. Do we have any official teambhp review for Nexon Facelift 2020? If yes, can somebody guide me to that.

2. During TD, felt a little lag on the MT and did not find AMT performance to my satisfaction particularly in the lower rpm range. Request AMT owners to share their feedback and suggestions. I prefer to go for AMT but little skeptical. Please not that i am driving MT vehicles since i started driving.

3. So far i am eying XZ+(S) variant and a bit confused whether or not to go for option variant i.e. XZ+(O)? Not able to figure out how useful these features are in real life and whether these features work in the basement parkings or places where there is no cellular network? Just a loud thinking, Can this be bugged?

4. I have heard a lot about the niggles and issues in the car felt by owners. People say though the car has many features but how well do they function practically is not very satisfactory. I myself faced sunroof not coming out of the tilt mode in the TD vehicle itself.

5. How is the body roll felt in the car? Is this liveable? I assume ROM works well.

Thanks in advance
Old 9th November 2020, 23:01   #3367
BHPian

Hello BHPians

I have a 2018 XZ+ Diesel that has run close to 55k kms. All was going fine till yesterday but now the door request sensors are not working. I am able to open the car with the remote keys and start the engine using push-button start, however, just the door and boot request sensors are not working. I initially suspected it to be a low battery issue for the remote and got the battery replaced. No improvements after that as well.

Sometimes (one in 2-3 times), just the unlock happens through the request sensor but unable to lock in that case. Planning to visit the service center in a day or two. I got door damping done some 2-3 months back, hope that has not created some issue
Old 9th November 2020, 23:06   #3368
BHPian

Quote:

Apart from standard accessories, I’m opting for seat covers, 1 year Extended warranty and said no to Gold AMC. Anything else should I consider from the dealer?

Also, Vinyl flooring was quoted at Rs.3500. Is this worth it? Suggest recommendations or alternatives if any.

Thanks Guys.

Cheers
Zeus
The Gold AMC in Tata is worthwhile, if you take it for 2-3 years. Except battery and tyres, anything gets replaced for free. Nexon Diesel needs timing kit change at 3yr/45k kms, this can be covered by the 3 yr AMC. 4 yrs extended warranty is good as well. I took it based on my experience with my Nano earlier, Tata is good with honouring warranty and AMCs. This AMC can only be purchased along with the car, cannot be opted post purchase (I bought for 2yrs, but could not extend to 3). Mudflaps and boot mats are good. Vinyl flooring,.as many said earlier, can start to smell. I have read somewhere in the forum that water (if gets through the edges) can get trapped under the vinyl layer and can start corrosion.
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 09:49   #3369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Congrats. Opt for P2P. You'll save a lot there. They have a ready chart. Vinyl flooring starts smelling after a while. Depends on how clean/how well you maintain the floor, and that's a chore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Yes, I guess that is the latest version available.

Why not consider the 3 years warranty as you would only need to pay some additional 11K which will give you 5 years of peace of mind instead of 3 .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
The Gold AMC in Tata is worthwhile, if you take it for 2-3 years. Except battery and tyres, anything gets replaced for free....This AMC can only be purchased along with the car, cannot be opted post purchase (I bought for 2yrs, but could not extend to 3). Mudflaps and boot mats are good.
Thanks, @Sebring, @Shrey_1520 & @knaveen for your suggestions and recommendations.

I’ve taken 3 years extended warranty. Regarding Gold AMC/P2P, since my usage would be low to medium at present, I decided to take it later. Vinyl, I put on hold for now as I’m getting recommendations for and against it.

@knaveen, below is what I found in TATA website FAQs section on purchase of AMC:

“ When can I buy this AMC?
Gold AMC can be purchased within 396 days and before 15500 Kms from Date of sale of vehicle. Promise 2 Protect and Protect Plus AMCs can be purchased within 2 years from Date of sale of vehicle. For Silver AMC there is no restriction in terms of age or kms of vehicle.

Do I need to have an Extended warranty to purchase this AMC?
If Gold AMC is required for period which is more than OE Warranty period of vehicle then Extended Warranty is required to be purchased separately. For buying Silver, Promise 2 protect and Protect Plus type of AMCs Extended Warranty is not required.”

My understanding is AMC/P2P can be purchased later. Will get it confirmed once with my SA.

Hopefully, my car will be delivered after the RTO process by end of this week. Will keep this forum updated on progress.

Once again, thanks guys.

Cheers
Zeus
marszeus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 10:55   #3370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post

During TD, felt a little lag on the MT and did not find AMT performance to my satisfaction particularly in the lower rpm range. Request AMT owners to share their feedback and suggestions. I prefer to go for AMT but little skeptical. Please not that i am driving MT vehicles since i started driving.
Welcome to the forum

There is certainly a lag in the lower RPM range and this also depends on which drive mode you are on. I never felt this lag in the Sports mode but more in Eco. Once you get used to this, you'd know when to change modes and make the drive comfortable. The real character of the car shows only when driven in Sports mode.

Quote:
I have heard a lot about the niggles and issues in the car felt by owners. People say though the car has many features but how well do they function practically is not very satisfactory. I myself faced sunroof not coming out of the tilt mode in the TD vehicle itself.
Tell me which car does not come with niggles? Probably its a little too early for me to comment, but in the past 4 months of my ownership and driving XZA+, I could not ask for more. There were minor niggles, but there are work arounds too. Never faced anything major until now. There are sensors, circuits and moving parts, so unfortunately they sometimes fail and that is why we have a warranty to cover them.

Quote:
5. How is the body roll felt in the car? Is this liveable? I assume ROM works well.
I have driven the car mostly in highways, the car feels most stable and very much in control even at higher speeds. Also felt the body roll to be minimum for a car of this weight and GC.
Shrey_1520 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 15:00   #3371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post

2. During TD, felt a little lag on the MT and did not find AMT performance to my satisfaction particularly in the lower rpm range. Request AMT owners to share their feedback and suggestions. I prefer to go for AMT but little skeptical. Please not that i am driving MT vehicles since i started driving.

4. I have heard a lot about the niggles and issues in the car felt by owners. People say though the car has many features but how well do they function practically is not very satisfactory. I myself faced sunroof not coming out of the tilt mode in the TD vehicle itself.
Drive in Sports mode for AMT, You will find Nexon much powerful, also in Sports mode Mileage is much better than city or eco mode when driving on highways.

Using Nexon XZA+ from 1.5 years haven't found a single niggle till now.
shamanth is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 20:55   #3372
BHPian

Quote:
TATA website FAQs section on purchase of AMC:

“ When can I buy this AMC?
Gold AMC can be purchased within 396 days and before 15500 Kms from Date of sale of vehicle. Promise 2 Protect and Protect Plus AMCs can be purchased within 2 years from Date of sale of vehicle. For Silver AMC there is no restriction in terms of age or kms of vehicle.

Do I need to have an Extended warranty to purchase this AMC?
If Gold AMC is required for period which is more than OE Warranty period of vehicle then Extended Warranty is required to be purchased separately. For buying Silver, Promise 2 protect and Protect Plus type of AMCs Extended Warranty is not required.”

My understanding is AMC/P2P can be purchased later. Will get it confirmed once with my SA.

Hopefully, my car will be delivered after the RTO process by end of this week. Will keep this forum updated on progress.

Once again, thanks guys.

Cheers
Zeus
Thank you. Looks like it can be mapped only once. If we buy 1 year, cannot extend it to 3.
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 19:50   #3373
BHPian

Hi,
My friend in Bangalore had earlier test drove Sonet diesel and booked it. But due to bad GNCAP rating for Seltos, I advised him to cancel Sonet and check both XUV3OO and Nexon which are 5 star rated. His current drive is 2009 i10 petrol.

Today he test drove both BS6 XUV3OO and Nexon diesel with manual transmission in Bangalore. Here is his feedback:
  • He came totally dissatisfied with Nexon especially clutch pedal and gearshifts.
  • The clutch pedal was very hard to press and gearshifts were jerky and in comparison his 2009 i10 petrol felt very smoother.
  • The clutch pedal feels like it is getting stuck
  • The NVH was very bad. The engine noise is too much during acceleration and vibrations are felt inside the cabin.
  • He felt XUV3OO is powerful and good to drive compared to Nexon.
  • Overall rating for Clutch/Gearshift feel and NVH: Sonet > XUV3OO > 2009 i10 > Nexon

I request the Nexon diesel manual owners to clarify whether the Clutch/Gearshift feel and NVH are so much bad in the latest Nexon. From official review and ownership reviews, I read that NVH is better, clutch is light and throw is short and only gearshift is little notchy but never expected this much bad feedback from my friend.

He test drove the same Nexon TD car from same dealer earlier also and had the same feedback. Whether it could be due to an abused TD car?
Old 12th November 2020, 21:16   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi_rm View Post
Hi,
My friend in Bangalore had earlier test drove Sonet diesel and booked it. But due to bad GNCAP rating for Seltos, I advised him to cancel Sonet and check both XUV3OO and Nexon which are 5 star rated. His current drive is 2009 i10 petrol.

Today he test drove both BS6 XUV3OO and Nexon diesel with manual transmission in Bangalore. Here is his feedback:
  • He came totally dissatisfied with Nexon especially clutch pedal and gearshifts.
  • The clutch pedal was very hard to press and gearshifts were jerky and in comparison his 2009 i10 petrol felt very smoother.
  • The clutch pedal feels like it is getting stuck
  • The NVH was very bad. The engine noise is too much during acceleration and vibrations are felt inside the cabin.
  • He felt XUV3OO is powerful and good to drive compared to Nexon.
  • Overall rating for Clutch/Gearshift feel and NVH: Sonet > XUV3OO > 2009 i10 > Nexon

I request the Nexon diesel manual owners to clarify whether the Clutch/Gearshift feel and NVH are so much bad in the latest Nexon. From official review and ownership reviews, I read that NVH is better, clutch is light and throw is short and only gearshift is little notchy but never expected this much bad feedback from my friend.

He test drove the same Nexon TD car from same dealer earlier also and had the same feedback. Whether it could be due to an abused TD car?

I would suggest that your friend test drive a Nexon from another dealership so that he can identify if it was an issue with the car or not. However, set the expectations with him that compared to the i10 the clutch on a diesel will be harder.
I had rented a Nexon from Zoom car and thoroughly loved it. The clutch was light and the engine smooth and silent as well.
bigben is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 21:49   #3375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I would suggest that your friend test drive a Nexon from another dealership so that he can identify if it was an issue with the car or not. However, set the expectations with him that compared to the i10 the clutch on a diesel will be harder.
I had rented a Nexon from Zoom car and thoroughly loved it. The clutch was light and the engine smooth and silent as well.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Yes I also told him to test drive a Nexon from another dealer and if possible also from one more dealer in his hometown.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks