Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 14:41   #3466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
Oh! The one I got has a power on/off switch.
You know its criminal to post such information without the link to the product for purchase! I have seen those button equipped ones too. But trouble is to find the right one. All these Chinese scanners have rather confusing text with them. Never easy to identify which one will actually work with the diesel engine OBD2 of the Nexon. So haven't purchased one yet.
Old 10th December 2020, 14:44   #3467
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You know its criminal to post such information without the link to the product for purchase!
Not sure how genuine these OBD II scanner is but just a reference for purchase - Link.

Honestly speaking, these don't consume a lot of power anyway so letting be on the OBD port is better unless the car is old and doesn't have a healthy battery then one should either get these ON/OFF types or just remove it after the requirement is over.

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th December 2020 at 14:45.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 15:01   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
You know its criminal to post such information without the link to the product for purchase!
Sorry. What I have is this one. Got it Banggood.

It took 30 days to arrive. Surprisingly, this vendor no longer ships to India.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201210-2.53.24-pm.jpeg  

Shrey_1520 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2020, 15:19   #3469
BHPian

Hi. If the XE and XM variants wear 195/60R16 and XZ+ wears 215/60R16 tyres, does tata alter the speedometer precision across variants or the precision varies across variants? I am sorry if this been raised already, I am just eager to know.
Old 10th December 2020, 22:27   #3470
BHPian

Today, I received the following message in my phone on our Nexon XM(P) booking.

Quote:
Dear G***, Thank you for your patience, we are aware you have waited more than a month for your new Tata vehicle. As a token of appreciation and goodwill gesture - Extended 1 Year OE Warranty & Road Side Assistance. With Production capacity ramped up, and teams working round the clock to service your order, be rest assured. Connect with us on 1800 209 8282 or your dealer for any queries. *T&C Apply
I guess, this will make it 2+1=3 years of OE Warranty on the Nexon. Any suggestion on whether I should consider having OE warranty beyond 3 years?

Thanks,

Last edited by gmhossain : 10th December 2020 at 22:28.
gmhossain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 08:36   #3471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhossain View Post
I guess, this will make it 2+1=3 years of OE Warranty on the Nexon. Any suggestion on whether I should consider having OE warranty beyond 3 years?
Thanks,
Always take the maximum possible warranty including paid extended warranty. Remember - mechanicals, electric systems all have finite lives & problems actually start arising after long time usage. So warranties are equally important later on. The extra cost is fully justified.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 08:59   #3472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Suggest that you take the longest possible warranty offered by the dealer. I have 5 years extended warranties on both my Honda City as well as Ford Ecosport, and paid the amount required to ensure that I extended both from the standard three year warranty to the five year mark. The price that you pay now will ensure a peaceful ownership experience and is well worth it.
arindambasu13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 12:29   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Today, I received the following message in my phone on our Nexon XM(P) booking.

Thanks,
Today I have also received the same message, I had booked on 3 Nov. Does it mean the RSA will be now for 3 Years?
im_chandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 16:06   #3474
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

The facelift's brochure or the website does not mention anything about the 5* safety rating.

Urge you to go through the second half of this post?

What could be the reason for omitting the most essential detail from their advertising material?
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 16:39   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
What could be the reason for omitting the most essential detail from their advertising material?
This has been discussed many times in this thread as well as in other threads. The reason is simple. Technically, the facelift Nexon hasn't been crash tested yet. So Tata is being technically correct here.

However, I see no reason for facelift Nexon to score anything less than earlier and in fact it could score
bit more. The full safety pack, including active components, is now standard from the base variant.

Last edited by gmhossain : 11th December 2020 at 16:50.
gmhossain is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 18:46   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon 150K strong TVC

Venkatesh is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 15:47   #3477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Nexon 150K strong TVC
They made a rather insensitive blunder in the ad & an eagle eyed BHPian spotted it. It has spawned a thread, cross-posting it here in context.

Tata's overboard Nexon TVC (Tata's new Nexon ad seems a little overboard!)
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 18:24   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post
I know of an accessory shop in Bangalore (Jayanagar and Kormangala) that claims to have such unit that is compatible with Harman. However, I haven't checked it out yet as I don't get time, even on the weekends.

The name of the place is Konark's: The house of Car accessories
I was in the Koramangala area and enquired at Konark's. They confirmed the stock player can be used. It takes around 3 to 4 hours for the installation and costs 19K. The model name is DHC
Shrey_1520 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 11:35   #3479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
I was in the Koramangala area and enquired at Konark's. They confirmed the stock player can be used. It takes around 3 to 4 hours for the installation and costs 19K. The model name is DHC
19K seems a bit on the higher side. But I maybe wrong. Also, one thing that I've noticed is that all these 360 degree cameras appeared to have some amount of lag, especially when you use the turn indicators. SOURCE: YouTube videos

For example, when you turn-on the left indicator, the left side camera comes online in roughly 2 seconds and not immediately. In real life, this delay MAY spoil the purpose of having a lane change assist camera.

I know that third party 360 degree cameras will never be as fast as the OEMs, so the real question is spending 19K really worth it?

PS: I maybe me wrong about the delay time of 2s, but there's some delay for sure.

It would be really helpful if my fellow BHPians could shed some light on this or even share their experience.
Old 14th December 2020, 12:04   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post

I know that third party 360 degree cameras will never be as fast as the OEMs, so the real question is spending 19K really worth it?
Nexon comes with a good reverse cam with adaptive guidelines and very good side view mirrors. I have installed blind spot mirrors and got a front parking sensor which has a simple obstruction distance indicator/alarm. This can be turned off/on with a switch. This costed me INR 2500(mirror + sensors).

If I am reversing in a really tight spot over the hills and around the edges and in the dark, I would ask my co-passenger to get out of the car and guide me
Shrey_1520 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks