Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2020, 12:11   #3481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey_1520 View Post
If I am reversing in a really tight spot over the hills and around the edges and in the dark, I would ask my co-passenger to get out of the car and guide me.
Sorry.
I always find 360Deg cameras as a good convenience that people can have. Nothing against it at all. So that's that.

However - the moment this starts becoming a deal breaker where folks start turning away from cars just because they don't get this feature - I feel its time that we revisit how our drivers' licenses are given away.
Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 12:56   #3482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Sorry.
I always find 360Deg cameras as a good convenience that people can have. Nothing against it at all. So that's that.

However - the moment this starts becoming a deal breaker where folks start turning away from cars just because they don't get this feature - I feel its time that we revisit how our drivers' licenses are given away.
Totally agree. However, do you think that one should get it installed at 19k? I mean I'm not sure if they are charging the right money for it or not.

Personally, I do feel that having a 360deg cam is a huge advantage for a car like Nexon (Due to its size) especially in tight parking spaces of metros.

I just cant seem to come to decide whether the price is legit or not
Old 14th December 2020, 13:22   #3483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_K_A View Post
Totally agree. However, do you think that one should get it installed at 19k? I mean I'm not sure if they are charging the right money for it or not.

Personally, I do feel that having a 360deg cam is a huge advantage for a car like Nexon (Due to its size) especially in tight parking spaces of metros.

My Dad refuses to drive the Nexon citing its too big and difficult to park. He is more concerned about accidentally scraping or hitting something while parking.
I think installing a 360 Camera should make him feel confident to drive the vehicle.
Old 14th December 2020, 13:33   #3484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
You will really need to accustom yourself to the reduced cabin space in a sub 4 meter car after driving the Ciaz for so long.
Nice suggestion buddy. Getting new set of tires for my Ciaz, and will be using it for next 3/4 years at least. The reason being, mine is Hybrid, so under RC it's life is 15 years.

Second reason is that I took a visit to Tata dealer and saw the interiors. This maybe the biggest/spacious/best cabin space management in sub 4 meter segment, but coming from Ciaz with beige colored and airy/light cabin, Nexon's space looked nothing. Specially back seat width and leg room. Hard to imagine what Venue etc would look like.

So for now, any sub 4 meter SUV(if you can call it) is out of the picture - will be going for a proper SUV/or again a sedan when the time comes.
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 14:01   #3485
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
IMO - an items worth is best judged by the individual buying it. An outsider cannot understand the need, so cannot judge the price. Relatively - I feel the price is a lot at 19K. But given that its still a niche product - unit prices will be high understandably. These are all Chinese products mind you. So life expectancy is a big unknown too. Malfunctions would mean quite a bit of ripping apart of items to reach the faulty piece. "Chale toh Chaand Tak, warna Shaam Tak!" keep this in mind.

As for the size - I think there is a bit of a perception playing a part there. The car is more or less same in footprint as an Altroz, Baleno, Jazz etc. The only area where it is larger is ground clearance & roof height perhaps. Maybe a bit here and there on the width. Nexon is nothing but a hatchback by dimensions. At most - a sub4m sedan. Its certainly not as large as it appears from outside.

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th December 2020 at 14:06.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 19:20   #3486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Still no luck yet. Software re-installed at service center and still the issue persists. The feedback is given to the R&D team and waiting for their response. 4 days since the car resisted to start.

(On behalf of my friend's 1 week old Nexon)
I believe the issue is sorted now. Any idea what had happened? One guy in the Nexon owner's Kerala WhatsApp group is facing the same problem.
Old 14th December 2020, 19:38   #3487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
I believe the issue is sorted now. Any idea what had happened? One guy in the Nexon owner's Kerala WhatsApp group is facing the same problem.
Yes, it was finally fixed after replacing the entire key cylinder set.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 12:32   #3488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Yes, it was finally fixed after replacing the entire key cylinder set.
Thank you. I guy I was talking about, he kept the key out of the car's range, went about with his business, came back after about an hour and the car started again fine. He has got the variant with the start-stop button.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 16th December 2020 at 12:34.
Old 16th December 2020, 16:29   #3489
gus
BHPian

Test rode the Nexon today. Noticed a few things both for the car and for the sales team.

First for the sales team:
- Lacks professionalism. Visit a ford or a VW showroom and you will notice a certain quality in the sales staff which Tata’s just don’t compare to. Good car supported by a mediocre staff.
- The TD vehicle was dirty and soiled inside out. When you are introducing yourselves you will always like to put your best foot forward. The first impression was certainly not good. I even visited the showrooms and felt the same things. Customer handling was mismanaged. We lingered about the whole showroom and nobody came to attend us until we called out.
- Sales staff was very casually dressed and it would be hard to differentiate between sales staff and people visiting the showroom.
-Poorly lit spaces, gives an unwelcoming vibe.
- Dilapidated furniture and poor lighting.

Now for the Car:
- I don't know what designers at Tata were thinking when they were designing the interiors. The two tone colour choice is poor. The colour of the fabric looks dull and boring.
- The fabric inserts on all the doors is also very stain prone. Not easy to clean or maintain. Service centre guys will press you for a paid interior cleaning every time you visit them and it will cost you over 1000 bucks. Small leatherette inserts at touch points would have raised the look and feel considerably.
- The fabric of the seats looks and feels pathetic. Stitching too is third class. Seat Covers are a MUST. However the seats are supremely comfortable and rear seat under thigh support is the best compared to all the cars I have seen so far (Ecosports' are equally good). Long rides for rear passengers will be a very comfortable affair.
- The rear seats are bit too reclined for my liking. A more upright position would have been better but then the sloping roofline would have further decreased the headroom.
- The music system is the best in the segment even bettering the Bose one on the Sonet.
- Everybody says touch screen is not that good but honestly I don't think anybody would be toying with the touch screen a lot. Most commonly used controls are on the steering wheel or have dedicated buttons for them so for practicality purposes the touch screen is good enough.
- I personally loved the design layout from the central console till the armrest. The whole 'layout' feels very upmarket to me. The materials used here are also good. However there is no dedicated place to keep your mobile which is very odd given that mobiles are omnipresent. You can keep "a" mobile on top of the cup holder shelf but only when there are no cups. :P else there is literally no place to keep the mobile/s.
- Although the driving mode knob looks fab, but I feel the knob could have been smaller freeing some space for a mobile holder.
- The glovebox is quite large and you can stuff in a lot of things. It’s also cooled so you know….…. Also I love the push button to open the glove box and how well it's integrated into the dash design. Applause.
- The Clutch is VERY light. Driving the diesel was a breeze in traffic.
- I actually had FUN driving the car in sports mode (enormous amount of torque on offer). The throttle response was prompt and the car felt eager to move unlike in the ECO where it did not wanted to be hustled. City mode was in line with what sane city driving requires. Eco mode is strictly for highways or heavy traffic conditions.
- Ride comfort was supreme and the car felt pliant on bumpy roads and speed breakers. Couldn’t drive it on a highway so can’t really comment but given how the whole suspension setup felt I can safely say “highway pe chapak ke chalegi”
- Body roll was controlled but still not like on Ecosport. I would say comparable to Sonet.
- Steering is light and easy to use in traffic. Can’t comment on highway performance though.
- I drive a diesel S-cross 1.3 and compared to the gearbox on it, the one on the Nexon felt much better. Sure slotting and light. Personally I liked it more than that on the Ecosport.
- One strange thing though which I noticed on the Nexon was that when I pressed the accelerator while on neutral, the engine took a complete second or two before it revved freely. Don’t know if it’s by design or an issue. Maybe users can comment on it better.

All in all I loved the driving experience on the Nexon but was dismayed by the overall feel of the cabin. It just cannot be compared to the feel you get when you step in a ford, VW, Kia or a Hyundai. WHY TATA WHY?
When we first visited the showroom to look at the car, my wife wasn’t too happy with the cabin look and feel. It was a base variant so I asked the staff to show the top trim model hoping it would be a bit better in look and feel but when they brought the car for a TD it didn’t feel any different. Dirty interiors further downed the experience. Tata seriously need to work harder to train their Sales team and after sales team both for better user experience. I am sure they will be able to clock higher numbers than this. It will not just up the user feel for them but for Indian auto brands in general.
gus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 10:36   #3490
BHPian

Finally took delivery of my Nexon monday evening. And I have to say, it is really a very good car. Completely satisfied with it. It rides properly and love the power, its a considerable step up from Figo.

All in all was pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the car. I see people comparing Tata cars with other brands, but the comparison should be with old gen Tatas, like the Indica, Indigo, etc. They have improved a lot since then and I do think they have a lot of potential to improve now that people are actually buying Tata car not because of their sales rep, but because of the product.

I never dreamt of buying a tata until I looked at the facelifted Nexon (did not like the old nexon's design), here Iam 6 months later a proud owner to Nexon.

My initial review and photos coming up shortly...this weekend project

Model: Nexon XZ+ (O) Tectonic Blue Dual Tone Diesel
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20201215_122426.jpg  

ramharis is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 11:26   #3491

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Finally took delivery of my Nexon monday evening. And I have to say, it is really a very good car. Completely satisfied with it. It rides properly and love the power, its a considerable step up from Figo.

I never dreamt of buying a tata until I looked at the facelifted Nexon (did not like the old nexon's design), here Iam 6 months later a proud owner to Nexon.

Congrats on the blue gem
looking forward to more pics

Did you take any optional accessories? Also, TATA has released this Elevate pack. Did your dealer tell you about it?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions...Congrats again!!
J_K_A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 13:19   #3492
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the blue gem
looking forward to more pics

Did you take any optional accessories? Also, TATA has released this Elevate pack. Did your dealer tell you about it?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions...Congrats again!!
Thank you.

No additional accessories apart from cut mats and mud flaps. Did not hear about the Elevate pack from this dealer, but heard from another dealer. I am not sure of its worth though. Ambient lighting, may be, but I would have preferred puddle lamps over all the others. So did not worry too much about it.

No worries
ramharis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 16:01   #3493
BHPian

Quote:

Welcome to Nex't' league

I am having a great experience with my Nexon XZA(O) Green duel tone diesel. Always brings smile when driving with its behavior.

Some niggles faced but sorted out by service team promptly. All good so far.

Wishing you a great fun driving 'Tank' experience.
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 22:47   #3494
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new steed.

I am bit curious to know: what was your waiting period for the Diesel Nexon from the booking to the delivery?

Thanks,
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 13:31   #3495
BHPian

Best New Dealerships in Bangalore

I am planning to purchase a new car and after a lot of debate, discussion and days of sleepless nights I thought to go with Tata Nexon.

This will be my first car purchase and I wish the buying experience to be smooth, transparent, responsive and timely. There might be some follow ups needed and few minor disappointments and it is perfectly normal.

So the search for the dealership began and currently residing near Whitefield area. So I visited the official Tata motors website, dealer locator and also googled for reviews. There are mainly KHT, Prerana, Adishakti cars, Kropex. All have reviews with very bad and good experiences and none of the dealerships have ratings above 3.8 (with a minimum of 50 ratings).
And, few even have mentioned the sales executive's names with whom they had good/bad response.

So, I request the fellow BHPians to guide me to go with a good Tata motors dealer.

Also, we can use this thread to post dealership lists and related queries of other manufacturers as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks