Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2021, 14:33   #3571
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon - XMA(S) Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
Hey Varun, I booked on Dec-4th at Adishakthi motors. Have been told 8-10 weeks of waiting time. So i might get the vehicle between last week of Jan to mid-Feb. Would be great fi we can team-up and cut a good deal
If you havent checked already, check-out Exotica Car seats. they have a good rating on Google as well.
That's great. I was initially in talks with Adishakti for my car purchase but then moved to Kropex for booking it. Checked out Exotica covers, looks good. Also, do check out Imperial Leathers. There is a separate thread on TeamBHP for that vendor.

I am expecting my car somewhere around Mid-Feb. Which variant have you booked? Mine is XMA (S). What are the accessories you need from external vendors? Mine are listed below:

1. Car Seat Cover
2. Android Head Unit
3. 7D Mats
4. Auto Dimming IRVM - Have talked to a vendor who is quoting 5k

Let me know if there is anything else on your mind?
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 18:09   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post

If you do not mind, may I know where are you getting the Auto-Dimming IRVM from?
Old 4th January 2021, 18:41   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
If you do not mind, may I know where are you getting the Auto-Dimming IRVM from?
Hey Shivam,

I searched for vendors on Indiamart regarding Auto Dimming IRVM. Talked to a couple of them and finalised on a vendor from Bangalore itself. I am sure you can find relevant vendors closer to your place
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 20:50   #3574
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Shivam,

I searched for vendors on Indiamart regarding Auto Dimming IRVM. Talked to a couple of them and finalized on a vendor from Bangalore itself. I am sure you can find relevant vendors closer to your place
I did try the Indiamart route for my friends amaze and found a vendor in Chennai but he wanted orders of at least 100 units. Finally sourced it from Alixpress, which came around 5k including shipping.

Not forcing you, but if you don't mind sharing the vendor name in Bangalore, it may be of great help to many who are searching for auto dimming IRVM not just for Nexon.
Old 4th January 2021, 21:21   #3575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
I did try the Indiamart route for my friends amaze and found a vendor in Chennai but he wanted orders of at least 100 units. Finally sourced it from Alixpress, which came around 5k including shipping.

Not forcing you, but if you don't mind sharing the vendor name in Bangalore, it may be of great help to many who are searching for auto dimming IRVM not just for Nexon.
Haha why would I mind? We are here to help to each other out

The name is Krishna Murthy - 9844142167

For Bangalore, he is ready to provide at a cost of 5k
Outside Bangalore, he will need to charge 18% GST + courier charges so I am assuming might come up to 6k - 6.5k

You can use my name - Varun for reference if required. Let me know if any other information is required. Have attached a couple of images from his end.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20210104wa0006.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20210104wa0007.jpg  

Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:09   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
I booked on Dec-4th at Adishakthi motors. Have been told 8-10 weeks of waiting time. So i might get the vehicle between last week of Jan to mid-Feb.
Hmm, we are now in 9th weeks of waiting period and there is no sign of vehicle allocation yet . I have booked our XM Petrol on Nov 9 with Dulichand Motors, Kolkata. I spoke to their GM of Sales today. Although he assured me to try his best but from his voice I could read, the delivery could be at the end of January or even in February.

Cheers,

Last edited by gmhossain : 4th January 2021 at 22:12.
gmhossain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 22:11   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
That's great. I was initially in talks with Adishakti for my car purchase but then moved to Kropex for booking it. Checked out Exotica covers, looks good. Also, do check out Imperial Leathers. There is a separate thread on TeamBHP for that vendor.

I am expecting my car somewhere around Mid-Feb. Which variant have you booked? Mine is XMA (S). What are the accessories you need from external vendors? Mine are listed below:

1. Car Seat Cover
2. Android Head Unit
3. 7D Mats

I did contact Imperial leathers for the seat covers as well. He asked me to pay a visit to his place and check material once.
And its great to know about your Nexon booking. I am going with the XZA+ (O) variant. With respect to accessories, i am looking for seat covers and 7D mats.

Thanks for sharing the vendor details for the Auto Dimming IRVM. Is this installation going to be a DIY?
Old 4th January 2021, 22:41   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
I did contact Imperial leathers for the seat covers as well. He asked me to pay a visit to his place and check material once.
And its great to know about your Nexon booking. I am going with the XZA+ (O) variant. With respect to accessories, i am looking for seat covers and 7D mats.

Thanks for sharing the vendor details for the Auto Dimming IRVM. Is this installation going to be a DIY?
Wow top variant! I thought this variant should by default have leather seats and auto dimming IRVM. Nevertheless, for Bangalore he will provide installation as well.

Regarding Seat covers and 7D Mat, I have someone in my society who owned a Nexon before and was heavily customized by him. He has a few contacts. Will send them out once I get the details.
Old 5th January 2021, 07:00   #3579
Senior - BHPian

How does a 7D mat look in Nexon? Do you have any pics? More details welcome. I think I'll also go for one. Had contacted someone for 3D and 5D mats, but they're not available for Nexon (In Bangalore)
Quote:
Regarding Seat covers and 7D Mat, I have someone in my society who owned a Nexon before and was heavily customized by him. He has a few contacts. Will send them out once I get the details.
Old 5th January 2021, 08:50   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Wow top variant! I thought this variant should by default have leather seats and auto dimming IRVM. Nevertheless, for Bangalore he will provide installation as well.

Only the Nexon EV top end comes with leather seats. Rest is all fabric. And no Auto dimming iRVM either in top variant.
I hope the installation of auto dimming iRVM doesn't void the warranty.

Glad that you know someone who has done the mods on a Nexon! Please share the contact details. We can explore and narrow down on necessary accessories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
How does a 7D mat look in Nexon? Do you have any pics? More details welcome. I think I'll also go for one. Had contacted someone for 3D and 5D mats, but they're not available for Nexon (In Bangalore)
There are quit a few available on Amazon. Havent tried any of them though.
Few indicative pics from Amazon - https://www.amazon.in/Hi-Art-Compati...dDbGljaz10cnVl
Old 5th January 2021, 14:48   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
Only the Nexon EV top end comes with leather seats. Rest is all fabric. And no Auto dimming iRVM either in top variant.
This is stupid! Charging a premium for the top variant and not including these things. Both Venue and Sonet are equipped with Leather seats and Auto-Dimming IRVM coupled with a DCT gearbox for a few extra bucks.

Quote:
I hope the installation of auto dimming iRVM doesn't void the warranty.
He assured me that there is no wire cutting required and warranty shouldn't be void but someone like Reinhard can comment better as he has installed it as a DIY!

Quote:
Glad that you know someone who has done the mods on a Nexon! Please share the contact details. We can explore and narrow down on necessary accessories.
Will talk to him and share once I am able to connect with him. Ever since he got himself a new Thar, he is hardly available in the society

Quote:
There are quit a few available on Amazon. Havent tried any of them though.
Few indicative pics from Amazon - https://www.amazon.in/Hi-Art-Compati...dDbGljaz10cnVl
These look good but are on the expensive end. I am sure we should be able to find a decent pair of 7D mats between 2.5k - 3k from known sources.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th January 2021 at 20:25. Reason: Quote tags fixed
Old 6th January 2021, 10:07   #3582
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hope the installation of auto dimming IRVM doesn't void the warranty.
It doesn't. Because not even a wire splicing is required. Clean plug and play installation with 1 fuse tap is all it takes. 0 risk for warranty. You can look-up my thread for it in the DIY sub-forum for more information.
Quote:
This is stupid! Charging a premium for the top variant and not including these things. Both Venue and Sonet are equipped with Leather seats and Auto-Dimming IRVM coupled with a DCT gearbox for a few extra bucks.
Well remember, no business is a charity. Everyone is in it for profits. And for profits, cost has to be cut somewhere. Each car-maker has different approach about where the cost would be cut. Agreed that the leather(ette) seats and auto-dim IRVM should be provided though. But ok if they are omitted to keep costs down perhaps. Those who want them - can get them done at reasonable prices from outside.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 14:58   #3583
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hello everyone

I was looking for a 10+ lakh petrol car. Shortlisted on
1) Hyundai Venue
2) Tata Altroz
3) Tata Nexon
4) Skoda rapid.

Wanted a city car with occasional outstation trips.

Safety must was the most important criteria.

Test drove all and my feedback as below:

Venue - Loved the gear box, suspension wasn't upto to my liking. What turned me off was the cramped cabin.

Altroz - Loved almost every aspect of it. Nice spacious cabin. But wanted a slightly powerful and high gc car to cater my likings on highways.

Rapid - Rapid rider was in my budget but very mediocre cabin and lack of features made be look elsewhere

Nexon Took TD today and I loved most of it. Only issue was the gear box but I think I can live with it. It feels powerful and planted. Absorbs small hurdles very easily. I mostly love relaxed driving. Torque was adequate to my liking.

So finalized on Nexon. My budget was 10.5 max otr but since I keep my cars longer am thinking of xz+ variant with out sunroof. Not a big fan of those.

The dealer has added 3m undercover in the quote. Is that required? Also will take the extended warranty too.

They gave accessories quote as 9000. Should I take from dealer or look elsewhere. Also what about seat covers?

Any other recommendations?
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:12   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
Hello everyone

I was looking for a 10+ lakh petrol car. Shortlisted on
1) Hyundai Venue
2) Tata Altroz
3) Tata Nexon
4) Skoda rapid.
Any other recommendations?
You can't take the name Hyundai and maruti while talking about safety, so that rues out Hyundai.
Altroz is going to be launched with a turbo petrol variant on 13th of January, do take a test drive of it and feel the engine yourself. Maybe you don't need a higher ground clearance car, think about it.

Another option is polo, car has the same 1.0 litre tsi engine as rapid, very peppy and revv happy, the car even has good set of features and is in your budget as well, if i were you i would consider it as well.

Dealer can't force you to take anything with the car, you can refuse to take the 3m underbody coat, even insurance is overpriced, check prices online and ask the dealer to match the rates, most of the time they do, otherwise go to a different dealer or get the insurance yourself.

Regarding accessories, everything is over priced, get the mudflaps, other things you can get online or thorough automobile accessories store, other bhpians who have a Nexon can guide you further with the accessories.

Last edited by yesyeswe : 6th January 2021 at 15:14.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:24   #3585
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your inputs. I do need a high GC considering I am from goa and there are potholes everywhere. In Goa they only do patchwork and in the monsoons, Panjim city is all waterlogged. I own a compact sedan as well. Altroz looks made me attracted to it. ASS is a huge issue here in goa wrt Volkswagen. Already so many dealers changed. The new tata dealer is very good here. They aren't forcing anything. And I found them very responsive to every query of mine. My relative owns a Tata Tiago and they don't seem to have any issues with the service or the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
You can't take the name Hyundai and maruti while talking about safety, so that rues out Hyundai.
Altroz is going to be launched with a turbo petrol variant on 13th of January, do take a test drive of it and feel the engine yourself. Maybe you don't need a higher ground clearance car, think about it.

Another option is polo, car has the same 1.0 litre tsi engine as rapid, very peppy and revv happy, the car even has good set of features and is in your budget as well, if i were you i would consider it as well.

Dealer can't force you to take anything with the car, you can refuse to take the 3m underbody coat, even insurance is overpriced, check prices online and ask the dealer to match the rates, most of the time they do, otherwise go to a different dealer or get the insurance yourself.

Regarding accessories, everything is over priced, get the mudflaps, other things you can get online or thorough automobile accessories store, other bhpians who have a Nexon can guide you further with the accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks