Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 15:32   #3586
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
Thanks a lot for your inputs. My relative owns a Tata Tiago and they don't seem to have any issues with the service or the car.
That's a really good to hear, people are always associating TATA with poor service centers, but from the last few hears bhpians have been praising the service centers. Nexon is an excellent choice, which colour have you chosen?

Go through this thread from the beginning of 2020 when the face-lift was launched, you will learn a lot about the various aspects of the nexon. Even though i don't have a Nexon but have been following since the face-lift was launched.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 15:53   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer has added 3m undercover in the quote. Is that required?
Not required since Nexon gets an antirust coating from factory. Look at the underbelly of any Nexon and you'll get the idea.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 18:53   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer has added 3m undercover in the quote. Is that required? Also will take the extended warranty too.
First of all congratulations on booking your Nexon. I think both from a safety and ownership perspective on a budget of 10L, you would not be disappointed.

Regarding the 3M undercoating, first of all please check if it's actually 3M. A lot of these brand names are randomly used by dealerships and the quality offered is not up to the standards. My dealership quoted this price at 3.2k but did not mention 3M anywhere. However, I pulled some strings and got it added free of cost!

Further, dealerships also quote Teflon coating as an accessory. Teflon is actually a trademark product from Chemours and as per my research, they are not providing this service to dealerships. Another case of a reckless brand name usage to lure customers to shell out extra bucks. Please refer to the below link for further details:

https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index....=553&Itemid=91
Varun_G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 19:26   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Not required since Nexon gets an antirust coating from factory. Look at the underbelly of any Nexon and you'll get the idea.
Is there any accessory to prevent rodents from chewing off your wires from underneath? I heard in some cars, under shield protection cover is available which would prevent rodents access to any wires. Not sure if any such accessory is available for Nexon.

Also, the showroom is quoting around 36k (after a lot of negotiations) for insurance including engine cover at 95% IDV. Planning to check outside as well for better rates. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 6th January 2021, 19:27   #3590
Senior - BHPian

I have placed an order for this dandy 'rear passenger light'. The pricing had a Rs 1000 off for XMas and costed me Rs 2,500. Should get it in 6 days
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 20:08   #3591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Is there any accessory to prevent rodents from chewing off your wires from underneath? I heard in some cars, under shield protection cover is available which would prevent rodents access to any wires. Not sure if any such accessory is available for Nexon.

Also, the showroom is quoting around 36k (after a lot of negotiations) for insurance including engine cover at 95% IDV. Planning to check outside as well for better rates. Any suggestions would be helpful.
3M has a rodent repellent treatment that you may consider. http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/o...dent-repellant

Other DIY alternatives like tobacco pouches can be considered to keep rodents away. IIRC, @Reinhard faced an issue with his Nexon's cables that were chewed off by rodents and I faintly remember that he did something to protect them from future attacks. I'm sure he'll pitch in with the info when he goes through this thread.

For insurance, get quotes from multiple companies and ask your dealer to match it.

Last edited by k.sumit : 6th January 2021 at 20:09.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 20:15   #3592
BHPian

Quote:

Varun, I have received a quote from Acko for Nexon XZ+ P for 27,811 including zero dep, OD, engine protection, return to invoice, Consumable and RSA.
im_chandan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 20:24   #3593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
Varun, I have received a quote from Acko for Nexon XZ+ P for 27,811 including zero dep, OD, engine protection, return to invoice, Consumable and RSA.
Do get NCB protector as well, it costs very little but incase you make a claim, your no claim bonus remains intact.
yesyeswe is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 21:02   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_chandan View Post
I have heard some bad reviews about Acko especially the claim part. Have you heard from anyone who has made a claim before via Acko? Also, is it 1 year B2B and 3rd party for 2nd and 3rd year as the dealership told me that 3 year insurance is mandatory.

How does an outside insurance work? Will it also be cashless at any Tata service center or will there be a difficulty in making a claim?
Old 6th January 2021, 21:45   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
I have heard some bad reviews about Acko especially the claim part. Have you heard from anyone who has made a claim before via Acko? Also, is it 1 year B2B and 3rd party for 2nd and 3rd year as the dealership told me that 3 year insurance is mandatory.

How does an outside insurance work? Will it also be cashless at any Tata service center or will there be a difficulty in making a claim?
Hi Varun, Yes it is for 1 year OD and 3 yr 3rd party, as i am also waiting for nexon , currently searching for insurance outside dealer as dealers has quoted 56K.

I also have some doubt on acko but i think at least in Bangalore there should not be any issue. Same like Tata service (Hit or Miss)
Old 6th January 2021, 21:49   #3596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
It doesn't. Because not even a wire splicing is required. Clean plug and play installation with 1 fuse tap is all it takes. 0 risk for warranty. You can look-up my thread for it in the DIY sub-forum for more information.
Thank you Reinhard. I went through both the threads - Alto manual IRVM DIY and Nexon Auto Dimming IRVM DIY. Thank you for posting those! Can we plonk in the Harrier Auto dimming IRVM to the Nexon at the showroom itself? Would the folks at ASS do it?

Quote:

Hey Varun, I enquired at 3M. they have a rodent spray treatment which costs about INR.1140 for the Nexon. They suggest this to be done every 6 months.

Regarding Insurance, i got a quote from National Insurance for ~35K with Engine and Gear box protection, Nil Dep cover, Invoice Protection and NCB protection.
naveenp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 22:28   #3597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
Thank you Reinhard. I went through both the threads - Alto manual IRVM DIY and Nexon Auto Dimming IRVM DIY. Thank you for posting those! Can we plonk in the Harrier Auto dimming IRVM to the Nexon at the showroom itself? Would the folks at ASS do it?
Very remote possibility that they'll do it. I don't think they will. And - have you checked the price of the Harrier OEM auto-dim IRVM? I think it will cost a bomb for no reason (except that it will come in an OEM packaging). Not worth in that case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenp View Post
Hey Varun, I enquired at 3M. they have a rodent spray treatment which costs about INR.1140 for the Nexon. They suggest this to be done every 6 months.
Buy this - Link : Amazon.in - Nichem No Entry
And spray it generously yourself every 3-4 months. Takes 10 minutes & and much cheaper than the 3M treatment. Works very well.

The new "Advanced" one comes with pressurized container & has a very powerful spray. So application is very easy. It reaches each nook & cranny easily, including behind engine, under it, inside the wheel wells behind headlamps - literally everywhere. Totally worth the cost effective pricing. One can is good for 3 applications generally. At least 2 even if you spray it very generously.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 23:30   #3598
BHPian

Quote:

Altroz - Loved almost every aspect of it. Nice spacious cabin. But wanted a slightly powerful and high gc car to cater my likings on highways.

Any other recommendations?
Just in case you want to check out the Altroz turbo variants, below are the leaked details:

https://www.rushlane.com/new-tata-al...-12389046.html

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th January 2021 at 10:01. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Old 7th January 2021, 11:05   #3599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I have placed an order for this dandy 'rear passenger light'. The pricing had a Rs 1000 off for XMas and costed me Rs 2,500. Should get it in 6 days
Thank you for posting this. Can you please share a link for the same? This has been a pain point for me. My daughter hates the darkness at the rear seat. I tried a couple of cheap products from Amazon but they just fall off after a drive or so. This looks sturdy. Does this stick to the headliner carper using a double sided tape (if yes, then if might also fall off pretty early)?
Old 7th January 2021, 11:22   #3600
Senior - BHPian

Did my longest trip in Nexon XZA+ Diesel to Goa, must say it was comfortable drive of 1300+ Kms and amazing mileage. Took Good and bad roads with breeze, and not a single niggle. Route taken - Blr-Hassan-Jog-Palolem-Blr
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210107-11.11.41-am.jpeg  

Last edited by shamanth : 7th January 2021 at 11:25.
shamanth is offline   (16) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks