Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2021, 09:53   #3676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
Any pointers will be of great help.
If you are able to afford the upfront purchase cost of a Diesel Nexon and don't feel its overpriced - the decision is easy. Go for diesel. Its a fantastic machine. You get an engine with specifications identical to a Seltos in fact. Its one heck of a machine on the highway. Will keep on cruising endlessly without breaking a sweat. For a heavy car like the Nexon - peak torque and its availability lower in the RPM range - both are big differentiators. The diesel one has loads of torque at 250Nm.

Your anticipated running of around 1.5K KMs per month - probably doesn't fall in diesel territory by modern standards. However - I feel that running and mileage are not the only things that should result in acquiring a diesel engine car.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 18:41   #3677
BHPian

I am ok with the cost of diesel and felt it better than the petrol during the test drive too. My main usage will be during out station trips and want to go for something that has more punch. I earlier owned a Vento diesel and enjoyed it to the hilt for 7 years.

Thanks all for the inputs.

Stay safe!

Cheers,
Sudhir
Old 25th January 2021, 22:54   #3678
BHPian

Got this as a WhatsApp forward:

Important Notification

In Nexon dual tone - White roof will be discontinued from immediate effect and Silver sonic coloured roof will be introduced.

Existing live bookings of white roof will be produced and taken care of.

So request you to communicate same to customer who's booking will be taken today onwards.
KA18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 00:22   #3679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
Got this as a WhatsApp forward:

Important Notification

In Nexon dual tone - White roof will be discontinued from immediate effect and Silver sonic coloured roof will be introduced.

Existing live bookings of white roof will be produced and taken care of.

So request you to communicate same to customer who's booking will be taken today onwards.
Looks to be true, attached below screenshots from Tata Nexon website. By the way also looks like the belt line trim has been made grey across all colour variants too.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-230859ccd40f41cbad6a41a1e06f9827.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-8787394b932747da932e828852f2d698.jpeg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-0e6465bead484ab4a9bfaca56788c353.jpeg

Last edited by Shanksta : 26th January 2021 at 00:24.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 00:49   #3680
Distinguished - BHPian

IMHO, a good decision. Personally I never liked the aggressive white dual tones. For me, it caught more attention than what a dual tone is should. Perhaps a bit too young (not bad considering large millennial potential customer base)! The silver-grey looks more sober. Although this inadvertantly brings back the cool-cab vibe to the Nexon .
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 06:49   #3681
BHPian

Exactly the reason I picked up an Etna Orange Nexon single tone in 2018, which came with the gray strip on the window line.
Old 26th January 2021, 07:59   #3682
BHPian

It's great that they're making the ceramic strip gray. When I bought my nexon, I was confused between white and green. Foliage green was fresh and looked great, but it lost to the white nexon just because of the white ceramic strip on the green Nexon.

Edit: lol, just shared this news with my wife, and she's angry cause we'd skipped all the other colors just to avoid that white strip.

Last edited by zhopudey : 26th January 2021 at 08:02.
Old 26th January 2021, 11:56   #3683

Tata Nexon (EV) model on Republic Day Parade from Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, pushing the "Vocal for local" theme. A little moment of pride for all Nexon owners

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_rep-day-parade.png
Madywheel is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 12:19   #3684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
By the way also looks like the belt line trim has been made grey across all colour variants too.
Not sure if that is true. I still see Silver comes with a white belt line! Honestly i never liked that belt line. would prefer the same finish all across. would have looked cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-silvernexon.png  

Old 26th January 2021, 13:20   #3685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madywheel View Post
Tata Nexon (EV) model on Republic Day Parade from Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, pushing the "Vocal for local" theme. A little moment of pride for all Nexon owners
Talk of a mighty PR scoop! Huge coverage on national TV in the form of a real car, not even some plastic model. There are so many dimensions in that single image in fact. No matter if the logo is masked etc - everyone got the glimpse & the car maker surely got a great national TV coverage (not un-deserved either). Other car makers must be fuming! And then under the banner of vocal-for-local, we have a car with Chinese sourced motors and batteries .
Hopefully critics would see it in the right point of view that vocal-for-local is not about 100% "swadeshi" but about the concept of industrializing and manufacturing/assembling things in India, thus creating jobs and growth. If Vocal-For-Local results into turning back on global market economy, it would be suicidal anyway. As long as there is a chance to replace the Chinese parts with local made ones in next 5 years - this is great!
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 15:34   #3686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hopefully critics would see it in the right point of view that vocal-for-local is not about 100% "swadeshi" but about the concept of industrializing and manufacturing/assembling things in India, thus creating jobs and growth. If Vocal-For-Local results into turning back on global market economy, it would be suicidal anyway. As long as there is a chance to replace the Chinese parts with local made ones in next 5 years - this is great!
Well, indeed a big PR gain for Tata Motors . Like you said, Vocal for local is basically to take pride and promote using domestic products, which is indispensable for achieving another ambitious goal, i.e. Atmanirbhar Bharat. With the increasing market of EVs, it is very much likely that in a few years, many sourced components will start manufacturing locally.
Old 27th January 2021, 21:01   #3687
BHPian

What a thread!

Hello Bhpians! I in the hunt of my next car (sub 12 lacs) after parting ways with my Hyundai i10 after 6 years. I would prefer a Petrol car with Manual transmission. Would mostly use it for weekend getaways along with some city drive. I have a RE bike too which is more convenient to commute in Bangalore traffic. So diesel wont find a great usage. Also a fan of manual gearboxes.
My requirements are as follows:

1. High on safety
2. Good and fun driving experience with good ground clearance. I am not a red-liner but do like to rev my car in empty stretches. Also don't prefer hard suspensions
3. Good seat comfort including rear seats. Will mostly drive it myself but trips with friends come up on the cards at times, so rear seats should not be very cramped
4. Good boot space
5. Phone connectivity (Apple car play)

I am still in my research stage and havent TD-ed any car yet. My considerations are:

1. Ecosport - Heard a lot about its engine capability. Has good road presence. However Ford has removed Sync3 and rear seat appears cramped
2. Venue - Feature rich, but the car appears really small and hatch-like on the road. Also safety aspects are not good. Not sure about the turbo engine reliability
3. Nexon - Safety is top-notch however reviews say that the engine feels a stutter and lacks power at times. Also I am a bit concerned about the reliability of Turbo engines in the long run and understand it requires more maintenance
4. WRV - No real positives or negatives but the interiors are not very appealing. Also got no real feedback regarding seat space and comfort
5. Freestyle - Best value for the budget in terms of safety as per reviews. 6 airbags in 9L budget is a great deal! However its more of a hatch and has limited boot space. Also lacks Apple car play feature

I did consider the Honda City 4th Gen too but it doesn't have a good GC. This BTW has been my dream car since childhood but I cant abuse this on bad roads. Considered the XUV300 too which is a great performer but has less boot space and again I have the Turbo reliability confusion.

Can someone throw in their valuable inputs and help me in this dilemma. Will start the TD's February onwards. Thanks in advance.

P.S - The car would be purchased in Kolkata.
Old 27th January 2021, 21:28   #3688
BHPian

I was in similar dilemma during first half of January. You should not write off Brezza and Urban Cruiser. I finally brought Brezza zxi plus automatic due to many factors in favour :
1. Better safety rating of 4 in global NCAP.
2. Four cylinder petrol engine with mild hybrid. Low NVH, very smooth.
3. Decent interiors and music system. All essentials like navigation, audio quality, phone connectivity works fine every time.
4. Fit and finish is good. Consistent.
5. All LED lights are very good. Start stop, auto headlights, auto ac, auto wipers work well.
6. Good tyre size of 16inch with nice alloys.
Its been in market for long and most parts, repairs, accessories cost is reasonable.
I found it to be a very balanced offering overall.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 22:04   #3689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetarin View Post
What a thread!

Can someone throw in their valuable inputs and help me in this dilemma. Will start the TD's February onwards. Thanks in advance.

P.S - The car would be purchased in Kolkata.
When your criteria includes safety you have to drop out Koreans and honda, you are only left with tata nexon and mahindra xuv 300, regarding the reliability part, turbo petrol is not a new engine type, polo gt tsi has been in the market for the last 7 years and the only issues which occurred were related to gearbox and not engine.

Start test driving the cars and see for yourself how they feel and how they drive, here everyone is going to give out their personal opinion, same applies to youtube reviews as well. When i took the test drive of the nexon for a friend, i found no issues with the car.

Volkswagen and skoda are going to taigun and kushaq, you can consider them as well. Will fulfil all your criterias.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 00:04   #3690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would prefer a Petrol car with Manual transmission. Would mostly use it for weekend getaways along with some city drive. I have a RE bike too which is more convenient to commute in Bangalore traffic.

1. High on safety
2. Good and fun driving experience with good ground clearance. I am not a red-liner but do like to rev my car in empty stretches. Also don't prefer hard suspensions
3. Good seat comfort including rear seats. Will mostly drive it myself but trips with friends come up on the cards at times, so rear seats should not be very cramped
4. Good boot space
5. Phone connectivity (Apple car play)
Given that you are fine with sedans and SUVs & the Nexon is in your list - I suggest you test drive the Altroz i-Turbo as well in the same showroom visit. A very good machine that also delivers good fuel efficiency. Engaging and fun to drive, very spacious (also when compared to Nexon!), certified safety & very good quality inside out.
Quote:
Also I am a bit concerned about the reliability of Turbo engines in the long run and understand it requires more maintenance
Its a myth - just like it was for diesel engines a decade ago. Turbo-petrol work just fine. And don't have any significant difference in maintenance costs compared to any other engines. Trust me - future is turbo charged + low displacement before we move to pure EVs. They are going to be more and more commonplace under the bonnet.

All cars are good - certainly the ones in your list. And the only thing that should decide the final one - is YOUR connect with the car. So patiently test drive all the cars (Please include Altroz turbo!). Use just the TD experience in the car to make a decision. Not how the sales staff looks / how they talk, how the dealership is etc. We want to buy the car, not the dealership anyway . Buy the car that makes you grin the widest within first 1 km of the TD.

Last edited by Reinhard : 28th January 2021 at 00:07.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks