Interesting drag

amit_mechengg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 18:24   #362
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Ha Ha ... Enjoy the celebrity Status !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post

It is such an attention magnet; sometimes I feel a bit embarrassed. Strangers stop and ask me all sorts of questions.
Tornado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 18:30   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Did they do this drag race on a public road?
I see traffic on the other side of the division. Besides does that road permit speeds in excess of 100km/h?

Now as far as the result goes.
I would have been surprised if the Nexon didn't win. It is a more modern drivetrain and engine and more powerful to boot plus with 6 gears the ratios are probably closer (just stating a hypothesis on the basis of higher number of gears and the fact that Maruti tends to keep longer ratios for mileage).
nmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:20   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Does this mean the radio plays even after you lock the car ?

Did u wait for 5 minute after locking to see whether the radio gets switched off automatically ?
I waited for 6 minutes after locking the car and the radio did not shut down. I am going to do some proper tests tomorrow to check. With and without bluetooth pairing. With key away from the car etc. Perhaps also try waiting for an hour.
It seems the safest thing to do if you are entering from the passenger door is to physically long press the power switch on the volume knob to turn off the radio.
Will post the results of the test here.
Old 24th November 2017, 21:44   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday's spyshots of the Nexon XZA, courtesy my friend Autospy @ Pune:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20171123wa0121.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20171123wa0122.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:49   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Did they do this drag race on a public road?
I see traffic on the other side of the division. Besides does that road permit speeds in excess of 100km/h?
It's very much a public road, Palm Beach Road, Navi Mumbai, with speed limit of 60 km per hour. Locally a very famous place and often in news for high speed accidents, mostly jumping a red light.
Usually there is much more traffic here, seems they have done it on an early Sunday morning. Nonetheless, it should not have been done here.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:58   #367
Distinguished - BHPian

Hasnt Motorbeam done the same on that stretch with other cars also ? Seem to remember at least one other similar video
Old 25th November 2017, 00:05   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yesterday's spyshots of the Nexon XZA, courtesy my friend Autospy @ Pune:

Attachment 1699218[/center]
So the automatic gets drive modes like city, eco and sports just like manual? Interesting. Why not on the hexa?
Old 25th November 2017, 00:18   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
So the automatic gets drive modes like city, eco and sports just like manual? Interesting. Why not on the hexa?
This must be an AMT and not the automatic transmission variant.

Last edited by deehunk : 25th November 2017 at 00:19.
Old 25th November 2017, 00:19   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hexa is a pure AT. Nexon's an AMT.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 13:12   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Was at the Bangalore Nexon Experience event today. The team organizing the event did not look experienced :( .. they were ready only more than hour after announced start time. The course itself was not very difficult. Except the parallel parking, which was pretty tight, rest could be covered by any observant driver. My drive lasted for may be 3 minutes max.

At least in the even for the Storme in 2012, they had put in obstacles where they demonstrated that the vehicle can take it all. Unlike the Nexon even, the Storme was driven by experienced drivers.
condor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 13:28   #372
BHPian

Autocar India has posted a comparison between Ecosport and Nexon. They highlight certain quality issues like malfunctioning central locking. They appreciate the Nexon for styling, ride and handling and interior space. However, they still vote Ecosport as the winner for a better petrol engine and quality.

PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 08:48   #373
Senior - BHPian

Why is she struggling to put the rear seats down? I'm not facing resistance with any of the levers. Wish Tata gave reviewers a car thats been thoroughly vetted (Recommend them the TeamBHP PDI list, LOL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Autocar India has posted a comparison between Ecosport and Nexon. They highlight certain quality issues like malfunctioning central locking.
Old 26th November 2017, 09:18   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
Does this mean the radio plays even after you lock the car ?
Quote:
Hexa has a one hour mode where the infotainment shuts off post that time duration.
Correct. Pic of the feature taken off the Nexon :

Tata Nexon : Official Review-test.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 26th November 2017 at 15:31. Reason: Fixing image
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 23:19   #375
BHPian

Went to attend NEXON ARENA event held in Bangalore yesterday. Don't expect any of the NEXON pics, they are all over the forum. Though I will share my experience about the drive, over all event setup and engagement activities.

I do liked the TATA NEXON and the event over all. What I liked about NEXON (in comparison to my current drive i.e, BALENO) is the high seating position. Cushioning on the driver side is perfect, with good under thigh support. Though I found the footwell area bit tight. Overall fit & finish and quality of interior is good.

Bad Points:
What irked me is the small MID console, and steering wheel actually obstructs the view. Low resolution floating display and quality of reverse camera was not helping either. On the exterior there are just too many touches provided, ceramic lines, contrasting roof which may not come together perfectly on each colour.

Good points:
Too many small things which stands out. I loved the glove box, big and accomodates too many things. Aluminium/silver brushed panels which uplifts the mood of the interior. Nifty hook in passenger footwell area, yes I liked that too. Major differentiator are the rear seats, cushioning is too good and recline angle is perfect. Was really comfortable in the rear in comparison to the flat bench of BALENO.

Now the track length was not much realistically but enough to tell you what this vehicle is capable of. Suspension setup, must say full marks to TATA. Doesn't matter which obstacle I was going through, almost soaks every bump and make the whole exercise a lot more fun. Engine was eager to roll off the blocks in sports mode and I didn't feel any lag.

Event Engagement activities:
There was a Kinect game setup. Due to the recent Star Wars and TATA NEXON partnership, Costumes of STAR WARS along with few props were present there. On every feedback after the drive, car charger was handed over to the prospective customers which was a sweet gesture. Overall I enjoyed the ride, had a detailed look on the vehicle and had some fun with the STAR WAR props.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_e9809.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_e9811.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_9802.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_9868.jpg

Last edited by Highh5 : 26th November 2017 at 23:28.
Highh5 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks