Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2021, 23:11   #3931

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjallipalli View Post
Do the factory fitted Bridgestone Turanza tyres( Petrol XZA+O variant) come with Nitrogen or Air? I was told its Nitrogen but not sure if this is true! TPMS has been accurate so far, and I prefer Nitrogen over Air
Afaik, the tyres come filled with regular air from the factory.

Quote:
Sounds like a luxury service! Where is this service station?
Derik Tata in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
uyscuti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 23:54   #3932
BHPian

This is how the Nexon with updated grey dual tone looks now.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_202103252333522.png  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_202103252327392.png  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_202103252334592.png  

damodar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 01:03   #3933

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my windshield replacement experience on my Nexon.

My Foliage Green Nexon which I took delivery on last November has done 3.5k KM so far. I predominantly use it to travel to my native from Chennai by GST Road.

Last Sunday morning I was driving towards Chennai from my native and at about 100kms to Chennai I heard a thud sound. Since there were no vehicles in front of me for a few hundred meters, I didn't even check the windshield at first and stopped to look around the car for what has happened. After coming around to the passenger side, I noticed the crack in the windshield starting from the black border region. I still don't know what has hit the windshield, whether it was a stone or some small metal object or from which direction it came.

It had struck just a centimeter above the plastic edge at the bottom and few centimeters below the right wiper blade. .

Initially, the crack was mostly in the black border region and by the time I reached home, it had extended into the visible region.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210321-12.55.00.jpeg
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210325-22.26.25.jpeg

So on Monday I went to TASS. The crack seemed to be spread further and was visible even more clearly from the side angle. I could feel it by finger from outside but not from inside.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210322-12.52.13.jpeg

SA said approx replacement charge would be around 12K and was promised delivery on the same day if paying out of pocket or by Wednesday for insurance claim. I applied for insurance and left my car in the service center. As promised, my car was ready by Wednesday and I took delivery by evening and the total bill was Rs.13934.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210325-22.32.58.jpeg\

I'm glad that nothing major has happened as my wife was on the front passenger side and my kid was in the rear.

I removed the HSRP Sticker before leaving the car in TASS but that holographic property is partially lost after removing it. Also, I applied for FasTag replacement through ICICI website and was charged Rs.99 for replacement. Tag delivery is expected in 15 days.

I've got a few questions:

1. Is the HSRP Sticker Mandatory? I believe it is mandatory in Delhi but I'm not sure of the rest of the country. How to apply only for the Sticker? Dealer is saying I've to reapply full HSRP set if needed.

2. Had I applied a sun film earlier, whether it would've offered some protection?. At least would it have stopped the spread of crack?

Please share your thoughts on the above.

Cheers
Zeus
marszeus is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 02:30   #3934
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marszeus View Post
2. Had I applied a sun film earlier, whether it would've offered some protection?. At least would it have stopped the spread of crack?
Sunfilm would not have made a difference to the damage to the windshield. Regarding the HSRP sticker, you can keep it with you in the car, and * in Case * anyone asks, you can tell them that the windshield had to be replaced.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 07:04   #3935

Hello BHPians ,

Hope you all are doing good and taking good care of yourselves along with your cars. This pandemic has really altered our driving habits. No commute to office due to WFH, no more long/late night drives. Its painful to see our cars parked in parking lots for a long time.

I feel it more because, I bought BS VI Tata Nexon (XZ+ Petrol) in Feb 2020 and right after that the lock-down announced. Recently completed 1 year with the car. I could drive this car only for 5500 KMs due pandemic restrictions. Through this article I would like to share my one year experience with Tata Nexon. I will try to avoid common points like build quality, safety ratings etc, since we have covered it in various discussion/reviews on Team-BHP platform. Instead, I will share my opinion of this car after 1 year of use. I would try to keep it crisp. Hope you will find it helpful.

My first car – Maruti Suzuki Ritz VDI was my first car. Its was a great hatchback. 1.3 litre MJD engine was a gem. I drove the car for 1,05,000 KMs. That machine was a true companion. But later it stated showing its age. With evolving technologies, as newer cars were having more features and comfort, I decided to upgrade to something better. I decided to move on to crossover/Compact SUV because all advantages that we all know. After driven Diesel car for almost 8 years, this time I planned to buy a Petrol car.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...136715&thumb=1

Options – With a fixed budget of 8-11 lacs ruppes, I checked below options..
1)Hyundai Venue – Good car, peppy 1.0 litre GDI engine but my family found rear seat a little narrow. We felt Venue’s road presence similar to a hatchback. Dropped.
2)Ford Ecosport – Ecosport is a great car. Solid build and a great road presence. But if it’s Ecosport, it has to be a TDCI engine. I didn’t find the punch in ford’s Petrol motor. Dropped.
3)Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza – Dropped. Having driven Maruti Suzuki car for 8 years, it was time to change the brand.
4)Kia Seltos Petrol – It was way out of my budget. Dropped.
5)Tata Altroz – Tata Altroz was meeting all my expectation. Aggressive looks, big boot, good build quality, roomy interiors. It was well within my budget. I was about to finalize it but the test drive forced me to change my decision. I found Tata Altroz’s naturally aspired Petrol engine very weak. Despite of all good features, I dropped it.

Finally I went ahead with Tata Nexon. Booking experience with Bafna motors , Baner, Pune was good. Staff in the showroom was very welcoming and was eager to address my queries (this is not Tata showrooms were known for, right?). Since I was clear about the variant I wanted i.e. XZ+ Petrol, booking process was quick. We discussed the rates, discount and resale value of my Ritz.

The bargaining tricks worked here as well. Please check the link where I had mentioned how I got the best deal
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...sed-car-2.html (Are you good at negotiating? How much did you bargain off your new / used car?)

I paid initial token amount and did basic paper work. The sales person kept me updated on the progress (vehicle allotment, Pre-delivery inspection, registration etc). Delivery of the car was smooth and prompt. Team did a typical cake cutting ceremony and handed over the keys to me along with other required documents.

(from left to right – Tata Salesperson, my daughter and my dad)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...136716&thumb=1

Now lets talk about the product itself – Tata Nexon XZ+ (Petrol). After driven the car for 5500 KMs..here are my observations…

Looks (interior, exterior)
Positives –
1)BS6 Nexon looks way better than its predecessor. Uplifted bonnet give a squarish stance. It’s no more like a beefed up Indica.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...135502&thumb=1

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...135503&thumb=1

2)Blackened A, B and C pillar gives it a distinctive floating roof feel. That really goes well with the car and provides a great road presence.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...135500&thumb=1
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...135511&thumb=1

3)Interiors are big step up from the predecessor. Flat bottom steering is good to hold. Plenty of storage spaces that can accommodate all your small sized belongings. My car didn’t have any panel gaps. So I am happy with quality.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...136717&thumb=1

4)7 inch touch screen is good. The display could have more sharp but it does it’s job. Physical buttons provided below touch screen is very useful while driving. You don’t need to take your eyes off the road while driving.

5)Harman sound system is exceptionally good. It provides crystal clear sound. You can hear every single beat of your favorite music track. Please find couple of samples. It will not provide the exact feel of the sound quality but you will get a fair idea.

6)Seats are comfortable enough. Especially rear seat are extremely comfortable

7) The waterfall console layout looks premium and it separates driver and passenger seat. This provides rich feeling.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...136725&thumb=1

Negatives –
1) Too much use of glossy black in the interior. Minor scratches are distinctively visible. Plastic quality still needs improvement. Too much of hard plastic used.
2)Seats are too soft to my liking. I would have preferred a little firmer seat for long drive comfort. I am planning to go for Art leather seats covers to gain some firmness.
3)Thick A pillar impact cornering visibility
4)Digital instrument cluster looks like aftermarket fit.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...136718&thumb=1

Engine and performance
1)1.2 litre Petrol motor does a decent job in Nexon. It delivers power is an extremely linear manner. After driving my Ritz’s diesel engine for more than 1 lacs KMs, initially I found Nexon’s Petrol engine a little under powered. But after few thousand KMs I stared liking it
2)At cold a start , its starts at 2000 rpm, then settles down to 1000 rpm. It’s a typical 3 cylinder motor so a little noisy. After oil change in 3rd free servicing, the engine noise is well controlled now.
3)It’s definitely not a rev friendly motor, low end is dull. This engine can be enjoyed most 1700-3500 rpm that’s where you will get a good mid-range power. After 4500 rpm, it hits a wall. You can hear the engine roaring but it doesn’t translate into any power. You must up shift to gain the power. I am a kind of driver who is having a light foot on the accelerator. So no complaints .
4)If you rev the motor above 3000 rpm while driving and take your leg off the accelerator pedal, spooled turbo pulls car for a good amount of time, that a very pleasant feeling.
5)Drive models are not a marketing gimmick. They actually work. 80% of my driving is in City mode (preferred drive mode and default one too) . 5% in eco mode (very dull) and 15% in sport mode. Minimum average I got in City driving condition is 12 KMPL (City mode) and could extract maximum of 22 KMPL on highway (ECO mode). I generally keep AC on, all the time. Even if we give benefit of doubt to MID, you will get 12-19 KMPL based on your driving style.

Comfort / Handling / Convenience -

Positives -
1)Flat bottom steering feels good to hold. Its light at lower speeds and weighs up extremely well at higher speeds. It’s very precise and gives a great confidence behind the wheel. High speed cornering is great.
2)Body on frame structure has a little firmer/stiff suspension. While it gives great high speed stability, City rides are bumpy. As you increases the speed, rides settles down and gives an extremely comfortable drive. This car is a highway cruiser for sure.
3)Rear seat of the Nexon is the place where you would like to be. It’s at softer side but holds you well and provides a good comfort. Under thigh support is great. Long journeys are nor more tiresome.
4)350 litres of boot space is sufficient enough to carry your weekend luggage
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...etrol-boot.jpg
5)Physical button below the infotainment screen makes its very convenient while driving. You don’t need take your eyes off the road while driving.
6)Rear AC vents are useful for rear passengers

Negatives –
1) 12 V power socket provides at rear is at very inconvenient place
2) There is not a proper place to put your phone. The only place is over the sliding door of the front storage

Servicing experience -

Tata’s servicing experience is referred as hit or a miss. My experience so far is good. I serviced my car (3 free servicing) at Bafna motors Tathwade, Pune , I had a pleasant experience so far. They have tied-up with and agency named ‘Forefer21’. It offers free pick-up/drop facility. You can track your vehicle. Also it gives you timely updates of work done . After car is dropped at your place, you can do online payment through their website too. I liked the service.

Issues and niggles –
During last 1 year of drive I faced only 2 minor issues..
1)Infotainment screen was frizzed once. I restarted the car and it was OK. No issues after that.
2)I found parking brake's grip a little weak on slope. It might be because of the kerb weight of the car. It got fixed in 3rd servicing.

Suggestions to Tata motors –

Tata motors have come a long way in last 2 years. Their cars look modern, they are the safest cars, have descent engines. Kudos to Pratap Bose and team on bringing such a great cars. However, I do have few suggestions to the team, after my 1 year usage of Tata Nexon..

1)Tata motors should swap gear level and drive mode selector’s position in Nexon to something similar In Harrier. We don’t use drive mode selector that often as we use gear level. So in my opinion, gear level should be place at drive mode selector ‘ s position.
If we keep our elbow on arm rest, drive mode selector is within comfortable reach.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...136719&thumb=1
However, while changing the gears, we need to extend the arm. Since the gear throws are long, its not comfortable in long journeys.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...136720&thumb=1

2)Please make seats little firmer. They are too soft to give comfort in log journeys. I would recommend to remove the hump and make rear sit a flat bench so that 3 people can sit comfortably at rear.
3)Please equip this Nexon with instrumental cluster similar to Altroz or its electric sibling (Nexon EV). Current instrumental cluster looks like after-market fit.
4)Please create a functional air dam at the bottom of fog lamp (similar to one in Hyundai Grand i10 Nios). That place accumulates dust after long drives.
5)I would prefer to have few new metallic colors introduced to Nexon line-up. It will definitely help to boost Nexon’s sales further. Current choice of colors is very limited as per my liking. Red is a very basic tomato red. Blue is non-metallic, green looks OK. But then customer are left with basic choices of White, grey and silver.

Overall I had/am having a great time with my Nexon. It’s a good product. Good engine, good build quality, spacious interiors, big boot, great ride and handling. I am hoping that this pandemic will go over and I can take my car for a long trip. Till then take care and stay healthy.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-bonet.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-abc-pillar.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-airdam.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-bonnet.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-boot.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-headlight-2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-headlight1.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-hump.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-instument-cluster.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-interior.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-interior2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-jlr.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-light-2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-night-light.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-no-more-indica.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-rear-lok.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-rear.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-road-presence.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-side.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-stance.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-stance2.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-delivery.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20210324_112846.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-instu.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-drive-mode-selector.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-gear-lever.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-central-console2.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th March 2021 at 13:01. Reason: Typo
ashish2nd is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 09:09   #3936
BHPian

Quote:
I am seriously considering getting service from outside Tirupati, either Bangalore or chennai, my 2 closest cities given this ordeal.
I had a good experience with this dealer workshop and Mr Dhanunjeya the technical head there was quite knowledgeable when i interacted with him for our Hexa service. Usually we expect better service in metro cities but there are competent service centers in tier 2 cities too. Added bonus in these smaller towns is that the workshop are not too crowded.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 10:04   #3937

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
I had a good experience with this dealer workshop and Mr Dhanunjeya the technical head there was quite knowledgeable when i interacted with him for our Hexa service. Usually we expect better service in metro cities but there are competent service centers in tier 2 cities too. Added bonus in these smaller towns is that the workshop are not too crowded.
Thanks for the detail, the ordeal is behind me hence reconsidering the service choice. I need to travel to Bangalore for work frequently and so getting my Flubber serviced there is also an option for me.

For your information, I was promised a physical examination of the defective part before the same was sent to manufacturing, but had to make do with a picture.

The odometer had done additional 80KM from the time I gave for issue rectification to the time it was delivered to me, with no explaination!! I mean it was literally still factory fresh, just have to assume on my own it was for testing purposes.

I have the Optional pack included and had to follow up to get the KYC done, ideally they should keep track and follow up.
Dejavu Government Office type trips to get things done!

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th March 2021 at 10:56. Reason: Maximum two emoticons per post please. Thank you!
pjallipalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 11:11   #3938
BHPian

Quote:
For your information, I was promised a physical examination of the defective part before the same was sent to manufacturing, but had to make do with a picture.

I have the Optional pack included and had to follow up to get the KYC done, ideally they should keep track and follow up.
Dejavu Government Office type trips to get things done!
I understand your concern as it's a brand new car and you would like to know what exactly went wrong. Try contacting Dhanunjeya in the service section i am sure you will get a proper explanation from him.
Old 26th March 2021, 12:07   #3939
BHPian

Hi All,

Today I complete 2 years with my Nexon Diesel. Completely loved the car till now. No issues at all barring a couple of rattles which have been taken care now. Car has been absolutely reliable having driven it for over 1000km in a day, multiple 500+ KM drives, its quite a breeze to drive up the hills and the GC is just awesome, takes the stress out of driving.
Music system is quite good and touchwood the service experience has been decent till now. No complaints

If I were to buy a CSUV today I would still go for Nexon or Sonet in AT version

What I felt can improve,
1. Insulation and refinement
2. Ride Quality between 15-40KMPH, though its quite comfortable over 60KMPH

Car went in for First paid service (2 year/30K KM), it costed me 6404 which I found reasonable. SivaSankar motors Vizag provided pick up and drop for 250 bucks. ( I stay 30KM from service center)
The car has been driven only 7.5K km since last one year and the total ODO is 22.5K Km

What shocked me is the total cost I incurred on the car in 2 years, its a whopping Rs. 2,13,000 I was completely taken aback by the cost of owning the car. This country milks the car owners. I dread to think what if I actually went ahead with Harrier 2 years back instead of Nexon it would have costed me a bomb to run and maintain.

Total service cost in the last 2 years was 14.7K which including change of wipers, wheel alignment, 2 oil changes, 1 paid service and 6 monthly check up etc.
Fuel is 93K and other expense like insurance, accessories, seat cover etc. is 105K

Attached are the details. Tolls not included.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-cost-split_26_0321.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-expense_26_03_21.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-general-report_26_0321.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-refulling_26_mar_21.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-service-bill-26_0321.jpg

Last edited by aniyo : 26th March 2021 at 12:21. Reason: spelling
aniyo is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 12:19   #3940
BHPian

Hi. My friend had booked a nexon XZA petrol in Dec. He was commited 4 weeks by the dealer but till today he hasn't received the car and neither any commitment from the dealer. The dealer no longer takes his calls. He has sent 3 mails to tata motors but he hasn't received any response. Any suggestions how to proceed as Tata doesn't seem to be interested in communicating with their customer.
bf1983 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 13:18   #3941

Hello everyone,
I'm a new owner of a Nexon XZ+(S). I've been trying to connect my Samsung S20+ with the android auto since past week but to no avail. I've tried using a OnePlus cable. A Samsung cable of another phone and 2-3 other cables. My brother's S20FE connects without any problems. I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything. Are there any knows issues with the particular phone model? Will the software version of the headunit impact the connection?
The error that I get is "device no response".
Any pointers will be of a great help.
Thank you.
Old 29th March 2021, 14:06   #3942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post
My Nexon XZA+(S) D is due for first service. It has clocked 1100 kms. and planning to put it for service in this week.

I also got a call from TMSC for sw update. I enquired further about update but she didn't have an answer. Should this be only infotainment or ECU or both, fellow owners who have got this done, pls comment.

Any other suggestion from you people about the things which i should be asking or taking care during first service. Have found following issues and will inform to SA for corrections;
1. Mild rattling sound from dash and rear left.
2. Suspension is also feeling a little hard
3. Slight jerk is there when the car is brought to stationary position (not always), looks some SW issue.

These issues were not there initially but developed later on.

4. Simetimes the vehicle picks up the speed suddenly or loses fraction of speed on the go without change in any input. This is felt mainly on mild slopes. Is this typical AMT behaviour or is some software issue?

Point 1. I have the same problems with my car. I brought it to the notice of service advisor during the first service. Problem still persists. They don't have a clue. They will make it worse. I have resigned to the fate of living with it.

Point 4. This will be gone after TCU and ECU updates. At least I don't experience this anymore after the updates.

Let me know if you got rid of the rattles
Old 29th March 2021, 17:21   #3943

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf1983 View Post
Hi. My friend had booked a nexon XZA petrol in Dec. He was commited 4 weeks by the dealer but till today he hasn't received the car and neither any commitment from the dealer. The dealer no longer takes his calls. He has sent 3 mails to tata motors but he hasn't received any response. Any suggestions how to proceed as Tata doesn't seem to be interested in communicating with their customer.
It's unfortunate you and your friend are getting the silent treatment from the dealer and Tata. I empathise silence can be frustrating, but patience is key and since you've waited for this long I'd suggest waiting a little longer. If you haven't already, please tweet and (or) DM @TataMotors_Cars elaborating your position. I have an inkling they'll reach out, which is when you can ask for the territory sales manager's number.

The car is good, and I'm positive it'll be worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikg22 View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm a new owner of a Nexon XZ+(S). I've been trying to connect my Samsung S20+ with the android auto since past week but to no avail. I've tried using a OnePlus cable. A Samsung cable of another phone and 2-3 other cables. My brother's S20FE connects without any problems. I've tried searching the forum but couldn't find anything. Are there any knows issues with the particular phone model? Will the software version of the headunit impact the connection?
Thank you.
I have an S20+ as well and Android Auto works fine for me, except for occasional glitches with Google Maps (I'm on version R9). Whenever I connect my phone via Bluetooth, I also see a notification saying Android Auto is available and that I need to plug in. Afaik, S20+ comes baked with Android Auto and walks you through the setup process as soon as the connection is successful. Regardless, here are some pointers you might find helpful:
  1. My cable
  2. CONNECTNEXT guide for Android Auto setup
  3. Troubleshooting guide from Google
  4. Update your phone to the latest software available
  5. Reset your infotainment to factory default settings
  6. Contact your service centre to see if an infotainment update is available for your car
  7. Write to customercare@tatamotors.com
uyscuti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 17:41   #3944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikg22 View Post
Hello everyone,
Thank you.
Try the following steps,

1. Reset the Infotainment to factory defaults

2. Clear Android Auto data and cache from App settings

3. Ensure your android auto is not in the Samsung optimization list viz battery optimization and app sleep settings

4. Reconnect using a high speed USB C to A , use a USB 3.1 if possible.

5. If the above steps don't work, ask the service center to update your Infotainment to R14

Last edited by rahulananda : 29th March 2021 at 17:43.
rahulananda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 23:47   #3945
BHPian

Had a chance to drive the Nexon Petrol MT XZ+(S) for the first time, which is purchased by one of my relatives a month in Bangalore, where he works right now, by exchanging his Dec 2017 Tigor XM a month ago and he purchased the car in Red colour as per the suggestions from his family as they have another red coloured car at home in Hyderabad and his previous Tigor was also in same colour as well.

So, here are my observations after driving the Nexon Petrol:

1. Firstly, I felt the clutch lighter and smooth, which is very surprising in a Tata car

2. The Petrol engine has good enough pull and can touch 100 Kmph easily

3. The car felt rock solid when I had touched high speeds and has good steering feel as well

4. The car felt rock solid when I had touched high speeds and has good steering feel as well

5. The steering becomes hard whenever the speeds get picked up, which I felt similar when I had driven the Seltos 7DCT in Sports mode

6. The music system has sounded well and has good bass as well

7. The rear seat space felt ok and not as good as the Brezza and my own Honda City

What I didn't like in the Nexon is the notchy gearbox. I was confused with the gearshift and I couldn't slot into the 3rd gear from the 2nd gear and then, I had tried to shift to 3rd gear from 2nd gear but the gear got slotted to 5th gear directly from 2nd gear and again, I had to downshift from 5th gear to 3rd gear.

This is the only thing which I didn't like in the Nexon.

I told my relative that you could have bought the AMT version. but the showroom guy himself didn't suggest the AMT as the transmission has some issues as per the SA and since his car spends most of the time on the highways (he does BLR- HYD trips regularly with his wife), he felt that the MT is better bet over the AMT.

And, the owner of that particular vehicle had asked me, "have you touched the speed of 100 Kmph on the odo" and I said, yes and he asked me, " in which mode did you touch 100 Kmph". I said, "I didn't even know in which mode I went"

I was surprised that the Tata is offering driving modes like Eco, City and Sports mode even in the manual version as well.

And, finally, "Kitna Deti Hai"? As per him, the car is giving around 17 Kmpl on highways while he didn't check the FE in city as the car is used rarely in city traffic and he prefers to commute on his two wheeler due to mad traffic in BLR regularly. And, this car has run more than 1500 Kms in one month of ownership.

Overall, I liked each and everything the Tata offered in the Nexon and I fell in love instantly by its looks.
car_guy1998 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks