Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 09:12   #4021
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
You do not need to cut any wires for an aftermarket horn, the relay just needs a signal from the existing horn terminal. Hella is good, IIRC Tata uses a 100mm or 90mm Hella horn pair for the Harrier \ Safari etc but vehicles like Nexon gets a smaller Minda horn (70mm) pair.

Ask for a Skoda type horn, Bosch sounds best, Roots last longer.
Thanks a lot. I saw some Youtube videos and liked Hella and Roots. My nephew has a Fiamm horn in his Baleno and it was good as well. Any idea on that?

Also, will it be possible to use Harrier/Safari horn on Nexon?

Thanks in Advance!
NvrGivUp is offline  
Old 30th April 2021, 10:15   #4022
Tgo
BHPian
 
Tgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pata(l)-Jaipur
Posts: 969
Thanked: 2,554 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Thanks for making my life easier. Just forwarded the info to my brother. Will report back once he has tried it out.
This did not work.

Is there something he could be missing?
Tgo is offline  
Old 30th April 2021, 12:22   #4023
Senior - BHPian
 
Kosfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,532
Thanked: 3,565 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post
Thanks a lot. I saw some Youtube videos and liked Hella and Roots. My nephew has a Fiamm horn in his Baleno and it was good as well. Any idea on that?

Also, will it be possible to use Harrier/Safari horn on Nexon?

Thanks in Advance!
Disc type is what you have - trumpet horn which is locally referred to as Skoda type is what you are referring to with regards to Fiamm.

I look at it this way, ~ INR 600-700 is the price for a set of trumpet horn from Roots \ Bosch \ Hella . I do not know the price of Fiamm, I have not personally seen or bought it yet, perhaps not popular around here.

You can use any 12V horn available, its a matter of personal preference, some like a certain type of sound as the press the horn pad.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 12:25   #4024
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Nagercoil
Posts: 20
Thanked: 48 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
This did not work.

Is there something he could be missing?
Sorry that didn't work. If your brother followed the manual to the dot, nothing else I could think of.
uyscuti is offline  
Old 30th April 2021, 13:02   #4025
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Disc type is what you have - trumpet horn which is locally referred to as Skoda type is what you are referring to with regards to Fiamm.

I look at it this way, ~ INR 600-700 is the price for a set of trumpet horn from Roots \ Bosch \ Hella . I do not know the price of Fiamm, I have not personally seen or bought it yet, perhaps not popular around here.

You can use any 12V horn available, its a matter of personal preference, some like a certain type of sound as the press the horn pad.
Thanks a lot for your quick response. Sure, will choose a right one that impresses me. After a while, though.
NvrGivUp is offline  
Old 30th April 2021, 16:55   #4026
Tgo
BHPian
 
Tgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pata(l)-Jaipur
Posts: 969
Thanked: 2,554 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Sorry that didn't work. If your brother followed the manual to the dot, nothing else I could think of.
All I can think of is weak battery voltage...
Tgo is offline  
Old 3rd May 2021, 23:04   #4027
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: VGA<->BLR
Posts: 565
Thanked: 1,602 Times
Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nexon beats the market leader Brezza comprehensively in Kerala and Maharashtra.
https://www.autopunditz.com/post/tat...etailed-report
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_202105032251442.png  

damodar is offline   (3) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks