Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2021, 10:34   #4066
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So do check for cat hair etc stuck in wiring / black noise insulation material on the bonnet inside. If you see them - the damage is probably by cats, and not rats. Its not available for replacement as separate item I think - comes connected with the splash-guard itself. You can check with the ASC. I don't have a plan to do anything about it - as the animals will keep on destroying it again and again.
Thank you so very much for the response. I did see some hairs stuck to the black noise insulation material, but I didn't suspect cats could be the culprits too. The car is just five months old. This morning I had to remove lots of that noise insulation padding from the car, all chewed up and am beside myself. As long as there is a possibility to replace this, either separately or along with the splash guard, I will be somewhat relieved. Otherwise, seeing this destruction in a brand new car is making me distraught.

So far the wiring seems fine by a visual inspection. But my eyes cannot reach everywhere. How can I make sure that no wire has been chewed through before I take my car for any long trip? Should I check with the ASC everytime I am about to undertake long journeys? I am asking a lot of questions, but I am inconsolable right now.

PS. I didn't suspect cats because I see some chewed up bones, some fruit peels or some half eaten stuff everyday. I thought this is typical rat business. Due to total lock down in Bangalore, I cannot take my car to be sprayed again at 3M. I have been through most of the threads here about rat menace. Most sprays, tobacco leaves, and other assorted stuff doesn't really work it seems. Either a wooden fence or wire brush tied inside the hood at various places seems to be the only viable option from what I have read so far. I have indoor parking but it is dark even during day time let alone at night time.

Last edited by alphasri : 7th June 2021 at 10:42.
Old 7th June 2021, 11:11   #4067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
As long as there is a possibility to replace this, either separately or along with the splash guard, I will be somewhat relieved.
Yes - this is fully replaceable.
Quote:
So far the wiring seems fine by a visual inspection. But my eyes cannot reach everywhere. How can I make sure that no wire has been chewed through before I take my car for any long trip? Should I check with the ASC everytime I am about to undertake long journeys?
Not exactly necessary. Check the following always - I do this every time even before a 10 minute journey.
  1. Check visually all wires like you are doing. Specifically check the connector entrance of wires where the individual wires are exposed slightly after the black protective material ends.
  2. Start the car, let it idle for a bit and test ALL functions - reverse parking sensors, wiper function, all 6 turn indicators, AC & horn.
  3. Check that there are no unusual warning indicators glowing on the driver console.
Quote:
Due to total lock down in Bangalore, I cannot take my car to be sprayed again at 3M.
Look for Nichem NO ENTRY or 3M spray on Amazon.in. I have been doing this DIY since years now - and works absolutely fine. On both my cars. Evident benefits. No need to visit stores to get this done. Much cheaper also.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 11:16   #4068
BHPian

Hi!

There are some post on Facebook claiming that several variants of Nexon diesel have been discontinued.
But there is some contrast in different posts about which variants to be axed and which to be not.
Does anyone has any confirm info on this?
Are only XM and XMS variants available now with oilburner?
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 19:17   #4069
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon roof rail design changed again

Tata Motors has changed the roof rail design of the Nexon once again. After re-introducing the old design in March this year, the carmaker has now gone back to the July 2019 design.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20210605wa0012.jpg

Last month, we had shared images of the Nexon sporting a set of new 5-spoke alloy wheels. If you look closely, the roof rails on the car are the same ones as those introduced in 2019. They extend all the way to the top of the A-pillars, unlike the shorter ones seen on the March 2021 update.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20210605wa0014.jpg

Besides the minor changes, the Nexon will not receive any mechanical updates. The crossover will continue to be offered with a 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 118 BHP and 170 Nm and a 1.5-litre diesel making 108 BHP and 260 Nm. The same 6-speed manual gearbox and 6-speed AMT will be offered with these engines.

It's really odd that a part like the roof rail has been updated twice in the last 2 years and we may never know the reason behind this decision.

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 7th June 2021 at 19:19.
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 21:46   #4070
BHPian

Tata Nexon is like a woman who can't make up her mind. First she got a lip job then she changed her ceramic white belt to a grey one, then she changed her shoes, twice! And then some inside detox and now she can't chose her hair band!

Did Pratap Bose leave because he got frustrated of this?

Dear Tata, the NA engine of Altroz needs fixing, not the Nexon. And if you do want to change things on Nexon then change that leaf shaped tail lamp design. Rest of the car was good already.
RavSam is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 22:46   #4071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
Tata Nexon is like a woman who can't make up her mind. First she got a lip job then she changed her ceramic white belt to a grey one, then she changed her shoes, twice! And then some inside detox and now she can't chose her hair band!

Dear Tata, the NA engine of Altroz needs fixing, not the Nexon. And if you do want to change things on Nexon then change that leaf shaped tail lamp design. Rest of the car was good already.
While I smile at your statement on Nexon's ever-changing equipment list, I'm confused by your words on Altroz. It has a turbo petrol engine who expects a performance oriented hatch. NA petrol variants has its own customer base. It may not be the best but it's not worst. I have driven it for quite a distance to be able to comment on it. Is your expectation in line with VTEC for Altroz's NA engine?

P.S: In no way I'm speaking as a Tata Fanboy. Just trying to understand what else one manufacturer has to provide. And yes I'm aware about i20 and it's offerings but that comes at a price.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 23:47   #4072
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
A birdie has told me regularly that Mr. Bose has a very tight control and final word in the tiniest of details on the interiors as well as exteriors of the cars designed during his tenure. Even materials used in production spec. So - while your quip as a light hearted note can be definitely fun, truth is far from it. He did leave, and Nexon indeed has seen far too many changes than needed - but the two events aren't related .
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 07:54   #4073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
While.... price.
OT:

Hey! Sorry if it offended you. I didn't mean that it's the worst. Yes, the turbo petrol is performance oriented and it does come at a bit of a price bump, meanwhile the NA engine is not worst but not aptly powered, it's underpowered.

The driving style of each person also differs a lot hence while a majority feels that it's underpowered, some who are very experienced and can bring out the best from any engine's drive may not feel so. My friend used to drive the Xcent diesel like it was a performance sedan.

But yes, to conclude, I would have liked the Altroz NA petrol engine to have minor tweaks just as they tweak the design of Nexon, to not make it feel underpowered at that price without shelling out a lot more for the turbo-petrol one (which doesn't come in base variants I think). And no, aptly powered doesn't mean I want a VTEC kicked in yo! feel. Also I am not an engineer so cannot suggest them to add one more cylinder and get that done!
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:51   #4074
BHPian

Leaked document reveals that Tata has communicated to its dealers to not accept bookings for four diesel trims. These are XE, XMA, XZ, and XZA+ (S). It is likely that these variants have been discontinued.

More information on the below link:

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12403841.html
Old 8th June 2021, 12:24   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
Leaked document reveals that Tata has communicated to its dealers to not accept bookings for four diesel trims. These are XE, XMA, XZ, and XZA+ (S). It is likely that these variants have been discontinued.

More information on the below link:

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-nexon-...-12403841.html
That is actually a TeamBHP scoop, the article's source is TeamBHP. There's already a thread going on about this.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nts-nexon.html (Scoop! Tata discontinues a few diesel variants of the Nexon)
Old 8th June 2021, 13:44   #4076
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
A birdie has told me regularly that Mr. Bose has a very tight control and final word in the tiniest of details on the interiors as well as exteriors of the cars designed during his tenure.
You may want to read this.

Link - news article from 2014

So once the board approves a design, cost and engineering team are not allowed to change it as per that report.

Bose`s initial designs were Zest and Bolt, we know how that went before finally hitting home run with Nexon. We are probably giving this guy more credit than he deserves.
Kosfactor is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 18:27   #4077
BHPian

The XZ variant never really made any sense to me. The price you pay in comparison to the additional features one gets in XZ compared to XM isn't meaningful. One might easily pay a bit more to get a more complete package in XZ+. Similarly the top end model have too many variants like XZA+, XZA+(S), XZA+(O), it only make sense to streamline them into 2 variants instead of 3. I expect similar consolidation in the non AMT version too in future. However, I am surprised to see the XE and XMA in this list as these are quite popular models.
meto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 14:03   #4078
BHPian

Nexon production crossed 2 Lakhs! 150K was crossed in Nov 20.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210610_112957.jpg
TorqueIndia is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 21:30   #4079

Hi TBhpians,

Is it just me or does anyone else find the stock headlamps on the Tata Nexon XMA is pretty sad? The throw as well as the intensity on my car's stock headlamps is not upto the mark and I feel like it might become a safety issue during night drives.

Are there better options aftermarket to replace stock bulbs with something better? Any light thrown on this will be eye opening for me (pun Intended)
Wheelie_mate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 23:07   #4080
BHPian

Hi.

My friend owns a Nexon XZ+ diesel. He is facing a peculiar issue. After driving for 15 km without AC and fan, there is some air blown through the AC vents. Upon enquiring with the SA during the second service(7500 km/6 months), the SA had inform him that the air is from the engine and that it is pretty common and there's nothing to be worried.

Can someone throw some light on this?

PS: I tried the same with my altroz diesel, and it there wasn't any air while AC and fan was turned off.

Most Viewed