Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 09:36   #4096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Guys, what could be the reason for a Nexon not unlocking? An owner is discussing this on a facebook group so I got curious.

The car was lying idle for around 2 weeks. The owner tried to unlock the car but it didn’t. He used the physical key to unlock the car as well but that didn’t work either. He tried both keyfobs. Car is Nexon XZ+ (O). 3 months old with less than 4000km on the odometer.

RSA came but even they could not open this car. Bonnet can not be opened to replace the battery till the car is locked.

In case someone wants to give inputs or check more details:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvku...8569788599565/
Old 20th June 2021, 10:29   #4097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Guys, what could be the reason for a Nexon not unlocking? An owner is discussing this on a facebook group so I got curious.

The car was lying idle for around 2 weeks. The owner tried to unlock the car but it didn’t. He used the physical key to unlock the car as well but that didn’t work either. He tried both keyfobs. Car is Nexon XZ+ (O). 3 months old with less than 4000km on the odometer.

RSA came but even they could not open this car. Bonnet can not be opened to replace the battery till the car is locked.

In case someone wants to give inputs or check more details:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvku...8569788599565/
You do need to try the mechanical key a few times while keeping a plastic pry tool on the door seam, could be an airlock due to the door seals. The latch works via a cable (like a bicycle brake cable) on newer cars these days, so old hanger trick won't work and because it's a cable there could be a bit of slack.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 15:05   #4098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrödingersCar View Post
Booked the XZ+ (O) Petrol MT today from Dulichand.
The experience has been good so far.
Official booking period is now around 15 weeks (what is being committed on paper).
Although I was promised delivery at the end of April (6-7 weeks), it has been 15 weeks now from booking date, and there has been total radio silence from Tata Motors and the dealership, except a call from dealer Relationship Manager few weeks back with apologies but no ETA.
Old 29th June 2021, 12:08   #4099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrödingersCar View Post
Although I was promised delivery at the end of April (6-7 weeks), it has been 15 weeks now from booking date, and there has been total radio silence from Tata Motors and the dealership, except a call from dealer Relationship Manager few weeks back with apologies but no ETA.
I have booked my Nexon from Kropex Auto, Bangalore in Mar end. I was told a waiting period of 12 weeks. As it has crossed the period now, I was following up with the sales representative and he has said it will come within July and the delay is due to the fact that the production was halted in May.
I guess, you must have booked in Mar beginning (April end - 6 weeks) and I am surprised that they gave you a waiting period of only 6-7 weeks.
Old 29th June 2021, 16:33   #4100
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
I have booked my Nexon from Kropex Auto, Bangalore in Mar end. I was told a waiting period of 12 weeks. As it has crossed the period now, I was following up with the sales representative and he has said it will come within July and the delay is due to the fact that the production was halted in May.
I guess, you must have booked in Mar beginning (April end - 6 weeks) and I am surprised that they gave you a waiting period of only 6-7 weeks.
I booked my Nexon XZ+(O) Petrol from Sab Motors in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi, on March 7th, 2021, with an ETA of 5-6 weeks (on paper). I informed them that I will take delivery on May 14, 2021. There was no car available. The SA stopped providing updates, so I contacted his TL, who promised delivery on June 8, 2021 (Dad and Mom's 48th anniversary). Once again, delivery was missed. TL gave another assurance of delivery on June 20th, 2021 (Mom's birthday), that too was not met.

So far, I've spoken with the dealership's GM Sales, new GM Sales & Operations, and VP Sales, and they all have one thing to say - sorry .
4 months have passed, and I'm sure July will as well .
Old 29th June 2021, 18:11   #4101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
Wow - thats quite a lot of patience and wait. I can never imagine waiting any longer than 2 weeks or so for a car. 4 months is remarkably high. Add another 1-2 to it & you could have got the much more capable Thar! What on earth is the dealership doing.
Old 29th June 2021, 19:52   #4102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
I booked my Nexon XZ+(O) Petrol from Sab Motors in Lajpat Nagar, Delhi, on March 7th, 2021, with an ETA of 5-6 weeks (on paper). I informed them that I will take delivery on May 14, 2021. There was no car available. The SA stopped providing updates, so I contacted his TL, who promised delivery on June 8, 2021 (Dad and Mom's 48th anniversary). Once again, delivery was missed. TL gave another assurance of delivery on June 20th, 2021 (Mom's birthday), that too was not met.

So far, I've spoken with the dealership's GM Sales, new GM Sales & Operations, and VP Sales, and they all have one thing to say - sorry .
Wow that's long. Make noise on twitter if you can.
Old 30th June 2021, 09:06   #4103
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Wow - thats quite a lot of patience and wait. I can never imagine waiting any longer than 2 weeks or so for a car. 4 months is remarkably high. Add another 1-2 to it & you could have got the much more capable Thar! What on earth is the dealership doing.
Thanks, Reinhard. I know, but I don't want a Thar. I decided to book this after much deliberation. My parents are senior citizens, and I want to provide them with a safe vehicle that also provides a comfortable ride in the second row seats.
Old 30th June 2021, 11:46   #4104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenz View Post
When I went for 45k service for my Nexon diesel, this timing belt scenario had me confused too. ...If anyone has more clarity on this issue, please feel free to enlighten everyone.
Timings belts need to be changed on mileage as well as calendar basis. Usually, the calendar period is about 5-6 years. The mileage is as specified by manufacturer.

Please be advsied that modern diesel engines are invariably interference fit type . Also some engines such as the K9K on the Duster uses the timing belt to also run the water pump.The rubberised belt also has idler and tensioner pulleys with sealed bearings. In the event of degradation of bearings of any of these, the belt will also degrade. There are wear indicators provided on the timing belt which serves as an early warning and replacement indication. Ask your authorised service mechanic to show you these, during the next major service.

Failure of the timing belt usually has catasprohic implications for the engine. The pistons will impact the valves causing a major breakdown and will require a re-build of the engine with major expenses.

So in the case of engines using timing belts, its better to ensure periodic checks of the belt, idler and tensioners and auxiliary drives - such as a water pump, etc. Also, ensure replacement on OEM recommended mileage and calendar periodicities with original OEM belt only. When replacing the timing belt, insist on changing all idler and tensioner pulleys and ensure the water pump is good - no roughness in bearings, etc. In my opinion, its preferable that a good authorised service centre is entrusted this task.

There are other engine design variations, such as Hyundai that usually have timing chain drives on their diesel engines, instead of belts and do away with idler pulleys. Also, auxiliary drives such as water pump, etc are not driven by the timing chain. This goes a fair way in ensuring reduced maintenance and better reliabilty.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 30th June 2021 at 11:55. Reason: Syntax
Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:06   #4105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
So in the case of engines using timing belts, its better to ensure periodic checks of the belt, idler and tensioners and auxiliary drives - such as a water pump, etc.
If you teardown the engine bay enough to reach the timing belt, may as well replace it along with bits that are located within the front cover like idler / pulley / pump etc. This time consuming task is the reason why they never go near it unless it's time to replace it or the car arrives in a flatbed.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 12:14   #4106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
If you teardown the engine bay enough to reach the timing belt, may as well replace it ...This time consuming task ...
I am not sure about the Nexon engine accessibility, but from experience of the K9K engine in the Duster, accessibility is not really an issue.

As I mentioned before, preventive mainteance, as scheduled by OEM is the safest way to go. The option of flat-bed recovery, especially on long drives to remote areas may not even be feasible!
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 18:55   #4107

Not sure if this has been shared here already (apologies if it is), but with the latest update (dated June 29, v1.17), the Tata Motors iRA Android app seems to have a subscription module:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20210630184053_tata-motors-ira.jpg

How much would TaMo charge for the renewal? Does that mean we can expect more cool features like remote engine start/stop, AC control etc.? I'm intrigued.

I didn't know going in this would be a subscription-based service, at least no one told me. But I'd be okay with it, if it means more state of the art functionalities.

Last edited by uyscuti : 30th June 2021 at 19:07.
Old 1st July 2021, 00:41   #4108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Not sure if this has been shared here already (apologies if it is), but with the latest update (dated June 29, v1.17), the Tata Motors iRA Android app seems to have a subscription module:
IIRC, the iRA service was always subscription based and the 1st year subscription was included complementary. I think by the time the 1 year of earliest owners nears end, TML will have some plan/free renewal arrangements made. I wont he surprised if it ends up being like the Whatsapp of a decade ago, which had 1st year free and INR 99/Year mentioned renewal charge - but was always renewed free for everyone, before they removed this altogether.
Old 2nd July 2021, 11:31   #4109
BHPian

I had booked Nexon on Mar 28th of this year and still waiting for the car. Meanwhile the Sales person said that as it is beyond July there is no price protection on the May price revision and I will have to pay the new prices.

The person is quoting this from a mail:
"The price protection offer will be there on cars invoiced and retailed between 8th May and 30th June 2021"

It is unfair that we end up paying more because of delays from Tata in delivery. Anyone else got similar message? Any advice on how to proceed?
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:13   #4110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
I had booked Nexon on Mar 28th of this year and still waiting for the car. Meanwhile the Sales person said that as it is beyond July there is no price protection on the May price revision and I will have to pay the new prices.

The person is quoting this from a mail:
"The price protection offer will be there on cars invoiced and retailed between 8th May and 30th June 2021"

It is unfair that we end up paying more because of delays from Tata in delivery. Anyone else got similar message? Any advice on how to proceed?
I have booked on April 15 and waiting. My understanding is that the price increase is applicable for bookings after May 7th as per the tata press release.
Price protection is there for all bookings before May 7th.

https://www.tatamotors.com/press/tat...efore-7th-may/

Did not receive any message from Sales. But I agree it is not fair if we have to pay the increased price even after waiting for so long.

Please share if there is any communication from Tata motors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks