Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 15:16   #4171
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
How does the AMT perform, let's say in comparison to a TC or DCT? Is it responsive, accurate etc?
It totally depends on the vehicle you are driving now. If u are like me, and this is your first Automatic car you wont be totally disappointed. AMT is frustrating when I want to overtake a vehicle. I switch to manual mode when doing so. If you are light footed you wont feel the lag as much. [/quote]
Old 24th July 2021, 17:10   #4172
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Page 199 of the Nexon BS 6 User Manual, the one downloaded from the TATA website shows the ground clearance to be 174 mm, while everywhere else, on the websites and a review forums, we see a number of 209 mm.
My guess:

209mm = Unladen Ground Clearance
174mm = Laden Ground Clearance (that is GC with all fluids, passengers and luggage as per vehicle's rating)
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 18:53   #4173
BHPian

Hi All,

Does the Nexon Infotainment system have features to show per trip mileage like some of the other cars ?

I’m thinking of changing my Celerio AMT and test drove my friends Nexon AMT but could not find anything on the infotainment system regarding the trip that we just made. It is available on my dad’s Brezza Petrol.

Please let me know!

Thanks!
Old 24th July 2021, 21:04   #4174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishegde View Post
Does the Nexon Infotainment system have features to show per trip mileage like some of the other cars ?
I’m thinking of changing my Celerio AMT and test drove my friends Nexon AMT but could not find anything on the infotainment system regarding the trip that we just made. It is available on my dad’s Brezza Petrol.
Yes - it has. Instantaneous & Trip A + Trip B separate mileage numbers are available in the MID within the driver console, not in the head unit screen. You can cycle through the various modes & find it there.

However - please don't base your car buying decision on such kind of features. Far better things to convince yourself about any car are available. I'd say buy the car that makes you smile the most. Not the one that has the most information displayed on a screen. Good luck.
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 09:10   #4175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yes - it has. Instantaneous & Trip A + Trip B separate mileage numbers are available in the MID within the driver console, not in the head unit screen. You can cycle through the various modes & find it there.

However - please don't base your car buying decision on such kind of features. Far better things to convince yourself about any car are available. I'd say buy the car that makes you smile the most. Not the one that has the most information displayed on a screen. Good luck.
Thanks for the information!

Yes definitely, I was just curious to see if those features are available.

I am in the market for a csuv in budget of under 12L ex showroom.

Currently weighing Kiger, Magnite and Nexon. (No Hyundai twins)

Magnite the only concern is it’s service network and maybe ride quality and feel in speeds above 90.

Kiger has no esc/ esp and bunch of other safety features.

My usage would be 2 days a week 50kms (Office, two way) and long trips once every 2 months.

I know how the AMT is considering my celerio but I just don’t see any other viable option within my price and segment range.

Any suggestions on how to narrow down? Or do you recommend any-other cars that are worth while?
vishegde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 10:30   #4176
BHPian

Tata NEXON sales crossed 2 Lakh mark in 2021 Q2. Launched in September 2017 TataMotors achieved this milestone in 46 months.

*Tata NEXON sold about 129K Turbo petrol engines, making it one of the most sold Turbo petrol car in India and also 1.2 Revotron is one of the most sold Turbo petrol engine too, might be following Hyundai 1.0L Turbo in volumes.

*Diesel contributed about 75K units, which was the preferred choice in pre facelift NEXON, petrol demand outsold diesel in the facelifted versions in BS6 avatar. Diesel volume was also regulated at the start of BS6 sales.

*NEXON was the first ever car made & sold in India to achieve the 5 star global ncap crash rating.

*NEXON EV sold about 5734 units since its launch in March 2020.

It seems like NEXON has become the second best selling UV for Tata motors after SUMO family which had done close to 3.5 Lakhs.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210725_084703.jpg

AutocarPRO

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 25th July 2021 at 10:32.
TorqueIndia is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 10:52   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
For the owners of Tata Nexon automatic, a couple of questions:

How does the AMT perform, let's say in comparison to a TC or DCT? Is it responsive, accurate etc?

Also what's the long term reliability in comparison to TC?

I need an automatic car and while I like the Nexon overall, it's the AMT that prevents me from putting it on my consideration set.

Any light shed on this will be massively helpful.
I was in a same dilemma few months back while was looking for a new car. After talking to many Nexon AMT owners, I decided to buy Nexon AMT. I am totally satisfied with Nexon AMT. I have driven TC and yes AMT is little slow but not very bothersome. I hated 2019 Nexon AMT but loved the 2020 version as I believe some refinement was made. Nexon AMT also has the manual mode which gives you more control without having the need to use the clutch. I have seen few posts on FB/other forums that AMTs have crossed 50-60K without any issues so far. I am not sure about the AMT's reliability but I took a risk in that as I am ready to spend a lakh or so after the warranty is over, if needed(hope it dosent happen). The alternate car I was considering during my buying process was Creta and it came around 18+ lakhs for an automatic (also had brake issues) and hence dropped off. Brezza is very good option but it's outdated and 4 speed automatic which I dint like. On top of that the battery is placed beneath the co-passenger seat side which may be a hindrance for guys sitting at the rear seat. Have been using Nexon AMT since Feb and no issues so far with the AMT. It does its job exceedingly well. Be ready to embrace rattling and small niggles if you are planning for Nexon. Not a big issue, it can be fixed but will need some patience.
NvrGivUp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 14:12   #4178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
My guess:

209mm = Unladen Ground Clearance
174mm = Laden Ground Clearance (that is GC with all fluids, passengers and luggage as per vehicle's rating)
Thanks!

Any info on how much weight is considered for this?

Also, are the roof rails in a Tata Nexon functional for additional loading? If yes, what capacity?
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 17:42   #4179
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Any info on how much weight is considered for this?

Also, are the roof rails in a Tata Nexon functional for additional loading? If yes, what capacity?
Laden and Unladen weight reference is given in the pic you uploaded in the following post:
Quote:
Attached photo for a quick reference.
Just see above the Nexon's dimension sketch in tha last two rows of the table.

Roof rails are non-functional. Just show pieces.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 20:50   #4180
BHPian

Took the test drive of Nexon petrol on Friday and finally booked the XZ petrol variant! The quote is now INR 8.95 lacs after trading my old car and discount on insurance (now 31.5k instead of earlier 55k for nil dep) and some cash discount (about 6k) and free mud flaps and mats. Overall booking experiance was nice. However, with regard to insurance I made a folly/haste. The dealer reduced the premium after showing online quotes but has included only nil depreciation as an add on and not others as suggested by members here (RSA, Engine cover, etc.). The dealer has a tie up with a popular insurance provider but I could find on the policy bazaar portal at the time of negotiation. The qoute from the same insurance provider on its website with RSA and RTI is about 29.5k. Can I share that quote and try to get them add those top ups in the same price (31.5k)? Salesperson told me these add ons cost about 3k! Could I still refuse to purchase the insurance from the dealer? Would that cause any issues? Need help on these points.

Last edited by Mark 5 : 25th July 2021 at 20:51.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:58   #4181
BHPian

I have booked my Nexon on March end and still waiting for the car. I was given a 13 weeks waiting time when I booked.
Have been continuously following up with the sales executive and he has been telling me that the car will be alloted in July. Today when I checked, he said it is possible only by August End. I am almost on the verge of canceling this, but holding on only, because I do not find any good alternatives in the market based on my requirements.
Any experience from other members, if escalation works? Also can someone point to the escalation matrix? I booked from Kropex Motors, Bangalore.
Old 26th July 2021, 13:34   #4182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
Could I still refuse to purchase the insurance from the dealer? Would that cause any issues? Need help on these points.
You have only booked the car just now. Its not even allotted. You can very much negotiate on the insurance to the way you want it. You can even ask them to drop it altogether and get it done from outside yourself. Nothing is binding on you right now. Good luck.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 10:08   #4183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theconfusedguy View Post
After waiting for 6 months, Nexon (XZA plus (s)) was allocated to me last week. The dealer is saying that the vehicle will be delivered with in two weeks. Now there is a news going around in different sites claiming that XZA plus variant comes with two fob keys. I confirmed the same with my dealer and he is insisting that it is not true and the variant comes only one fob and a band. I asked him to confirm it once and get back to me. He's also insisting that he hasnt given two FOB to any of the AMT variants for the past two years or so.
Finally after 3 weeks of repeated tweets a customer relation officer from Malayalam motors called me and said that Tata Nexon automatic versions only comes with 1 Pep key and 1 wearable. I tried to explain her that normally it comes with 2 PEP key. She said its the official policy of tata across India. What do you guys think I should do now?

I want to file a case in the consumer court. Is it worth it?
Old 27th July 2021, 23:22   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I booked my Nexon yesterday. The people at the dealership estimated a delivery date of about a month later (Vadodara).

I have paid the booking amount already. About the remaining amount, when do I have to pay the money? Can I pay the rest after the PDI? Or I must pay some amount sometime before too?

Being a first time car buyer, I am a bit confused about it. Some help please.
Hi,

Update on this!

Today me and my wife, we went and carried out the PDI of our Nexon.

Quite astonished, honestly, that the car was available in less than 7 days since booking. What was more stunning was the Odo reading of Zero kms. Trip A and Trip B shows 0.4 kms.

Anyway, a quick VIN decoding check revealed the car is made in June 2021, so all good there.

The car still needs a thorough cleaning, more on the inside rather than the outside. The sales executive said that the dealership testing and inspection is still pending, the Odo reading shall go up a few kms.

The TBHP PDI checklist came in quite handy and the executive was quite happy at how thorough the list was.

With all the payments done, all that remains is taking the delivery of the car, which we have scheduled for this Saturday. Quite excited and looking forward to it

Attached is the final price breakup that I have paid for the 2021 Tata Nexon XM Petrol, Grey in colour.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-cost-breakup.jpg
NovemberKing_91 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 09:15   #4185
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Update on this!

Today me and my wife, we went and carried out the PDI of our Nexon.

The car still needs a thorough cleaning, more on the inside rather than the outside. The sales executive said that the dealership testing and inspection is still pending, the Odo reading shall go up a few kms.
Congrats on your new car!! Hope you have a great many years with it!

I'm also considering the Nexon and it'd be great if you could help me with the below questions!
  1. Is this your first car? If not, is this an upgrade or an addition to the stable?
  2. What made you consider the Nexon?
  3. What were the other options that you considered along with Nexon? What tipped the scale in favour?
  4. Did you consider the Nexon Diesel variant?
  5. How was the sales experience in the dealership? How many times did you do a TD? How long were the TD? Were they cooperative in this?
  6. Did you get any discount? Did you take the insurance through the dealer or from outside? Any handling charges?
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks