Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 09:25   #4261
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
I have booked Nexon on March end from Kropex Tata Bangalore and still awaiting delivery. I have been escalating to Tata, but always get redirected to Kropex team back. The kropex team, even their GM is putting the blame back on Tata that they haven't sent these cars and they cannot provide any commitment. They keep explaining lockdown, high demand and semiconductor shortage as the reasons for delay.

I understand that these are valid and genuine problems and that is why I have been still sticking with the booking even after 5+ months, though I was promised for 3 months wait time. I am doubting now if this is a strategy to cancel/delay my booking as they need to offer two price protections to me, whereas to new customers they can sell it at newer price. Does this kind of malpractice happen generally or am I being paranoid?

I am seeing in this and other forums that people are getting the car in lesser time, sometimes even 2 weeks. Any advice on how I should proceed from here? How do I reach Tata customer care and talk to someone from Tata instead of the dealership?
In a city like B'lore - there would be multiple TATA dealers right. Why don't you try and cancel the booking with this one dealer and go to another. I mean - threaten him with a cancellation first. Make him believe you're really going to do it - and really do it if necessary. That might shake him a bit. You've nothing to loose. The dealers in Baroda tell me it takes 3-4 weeks max for the top end versions.
Old 8th September 2021, 12:21   #4262
RBR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
In a city like B'lore - there would be multiple TATA dealers right. Why don't you try and cancel the booking with this one dealer and go to another. I mean - threaten him with a cancellation first. Make him believe you're really going to do it - and really do it if necessary. That might shake him a bit. You've nothing to loose. The dealers in Baroda tell me it takes 3-4 weeks max for the top end versions.
Cancelling booking with one dealer (with whom OP made a booking in March 2021) and switching to another would result in the OP paying current day prices rather than the prices available in March 2021 when he made the booking i.e., he won't get the price protection benefit.
RBR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 17:01   #4263

Hi All,

I had booked a Tata Nexon EV in July 2021, but with the uncertainty of the subsidy being offered which has caused a long delay already and still no view on clarity anytime soon, I decided to transfer my booking of EV to Diesel.

The dealer is offering me a March manufactured vehicle with (olive green color, my wife likes the color) at 14.5L (XZ+O) and I'm getting the Dark edition of the same spec (XZ+O) for 15L.

I'm leaning towards the Dark edition, but my friend and my wife want me to check out the olive green, need some advice.

Off topic for this thread, now that I'm moving to diesel I'm a lot confused if there are other/better options in a budget of 16L?

Thanks,
Girish
Old 8th September 2021, 17:40   #4264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In a city like B'lore - there would be multiple TATA dealers right. Why don't you try and cancel the booking with this one dealer and go to another. I mean - threaten him with a cancellation first. ...
I went to a KHT Tata dealer last weekend to enquire about a Nexon, I was told minimum wait time of 2 months, the salesman were not confident of delivering within 2 months, citing chip shortage and increase demand of Nexon.

Hence decided to wait for some more time before booking. Looks like they have plenty of order backlogs hence they are not giving any discounts either.
Old 8th September 2021, 18:16   #4265
BHPian

Quote:
Why don't you try and cancel the booking with this one dealer and go to another. I mean - threaten him with a cancellation first. Make him believe you're really going to do it - and really do it if necessary.
Before I booked, I verified with 4 dealers in Bangalore and all of them quoted a waiting period of not less than 3 months. Considering how the situation is turning out, I do not expect to get it sooner from any dealer, unless I get lucky with some other cancelled booking.
Also as RBR mentioned, I will lost the price protection of two recent price hikes.
Irrespective of this, I have sternly told them that I need a clear update this week in absence of which I will cancel my booking.
Also reaching out to Tata customer care was a nightmare. They made to switch to various departments where everyone listens to my story for 10 mins and repeats that they are sorry and they understand and they will connect me to the concerned department. It reminded of how TATA offices were compared to Govt offices in the dealership threads. Even Govt offices have improved a lot these days (if you bribe them, you can at least get the work done) .
Hoping for a positive update soon.
gearless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 19:08   #4266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Irrespective of this, I have sternly told them that I need a clear update this week in absence of which I will cancel my booking.
I would suggest keep your patience and keep your booking as-is. Most of the dealers are sitting on healthy order books, so we as customers have very less leverage at this point of time to bargain. I hope the production situation improves then the sales team will run after you
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 12:38   #4267
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

This is my first post on Team-BHP. After 4 attempts my registration has finally being approved. Thanks to the powers that be

I've been following this forum for quite a few months now and have done all the research about Nexon and XUV 300 (both petrol & Manual Transmission) and to be honest its really a difficult choice.

I currently drive Swift Lxi(Petrol, 2012) and have been happy with its performance. My car's still in top condition. The reason i want to upgrade to a C-SUV is since a few years ago I started having a lower back pain. Its gets worse when I drive my Swift even for 10-12 Kms. You sink in to the seats and thats a problem i find with every car. That is why my first criteria for any car was to have Height Adjustable Driver Seats.

So narrowed down to XUV 300 W8 and Nexon XZ+.

Getting a test drive in Baroda has been a pain really. Had to tweet to Tata Motors before the showroom responded and finally i could TD it.

XUV 300 - The director of the dealership seems to be using the car for personal use and is just unavailable on weekends. Since am not in such a hurry haven't escalated yet. So have yet to drive it and see.

Now i know the pro's and con's for both cars but have a few pointed questions if someone can answer.
  1. In terms of Engine noise(Petrol) in the cabin - which car is more silent on highways? And is the difference significant or minor enough to be ignored.
  2. Which is more fuel efficient among the two (XUV & Nexon) - assuming just ECO & CITY mode for Nexon
  3. I've never used cruise control and W8 has it but Nexon XZ+ doesn't - does it significantly enhance the comfort levels? I think it can only be used on express ways or other 6 lane highway with less traffic.
  4. I hardly ever use the car in the city except weekends. But on highways - I am the only one who drives so driving seat comfort is the most important. I liked Nexon's back support, XUV 300 - seems okay(In the showroom, yet to test drive) but the seats are broader but not sure how it would be in a long journey. May be someone can tell me more.
Thank you
Hi fellow Barodian,

If I may suggest, check out the Chaani outlet, the one beside Fatehgunj police station for the Nexon. The sales reps are good and frank (Tanuja was immensely helpful for us).
By the shortlist, you have zeroed in on the 5* safety cars I see. The biggest differentiator for me was the boot space. XUV 300 just does not have enough of it.
Recently, I went to pick up my parents and granny from Ahmedabad airport. There was a total of 5 medium-sized strollers and they fit absolutely fine, with ample visibility out of the rear windshield. Also, for the three of them to sit comfortably in the back, there was ample space.
Then recently we went for two 300 kms day trips and none of us, had any aches anywhere. Mine is a XM model, without an adjustable lumbar support or height adjustment, but still, it was comfortable.
The modes, eco delivers minimum power but has most mileage, best used while cruising on the highways at near constant speeds. City mode is best suited for everyday use. Nice enough power to overtake, while the mileage is also quite fine. The sports mode is for ripping through ASAP. Mileage suffers though.
If you do cruise a lot, cruise control does help. But then, it is a comfort feature that does not feel like a necessity to me (I am an old schooler in these matters).

Please do take a few long test drives, and I hope you come to a good conclusion. Good luck.
Cheers!!
Old 11th September 2021, 14:23   #4268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBR View Post
I waited for 5 months while a few fellow members received their deliveries in 1-2 weeks. Yes, the Covid-19 has affected everyone. Concerning the conspiracy to postpone delivery in order to sell it at a higher price, I have my doubts. Try to find the phone number of the Zonal Manager South/Bangalore and contact him. This will provide some impetus.
Does anyone knows how to reach someone from Tata either a Area or a Zonal manager? I have been Tring all the possible channels.
Tata customer care is a joke and I get redirected to different departments and have not been able to get anything beyond "We are sorry. We understand your situation." I have not been able to get anyone to even get to my booking details.

Mailing to Tata customer care again redirected to the dealership.

The sales advisors and the GM has stopped receiving my calls for the past 4 days. Only a CRM from the dealership called me but he also promised a callback in a day with update and never called back.

Just even trying to talk to someone from Tata itself has become a himalayan effort for me. Seriously worried even if I get a car, do I want to be at the mercy of their dealerships like this who are equally unresponsive. Can't imagine if I get a bad lemon, how will I ever come out of the problem with this kind of customer support.
I have read in this forum many times not to loose out on a good car because of a bad dealership. But here I feel the problem is more with Tata than the dealership.
Old 11th September 2021, 16:31   #4269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
Hi fellow Barodian,

If I may suggest, check out the Chaani outlet, the one beside Fatehgunj police station for the Nexon. The sales reps are good and frank (Tanuja was immensely helpful for us).
By the shortlist, you have zeroed in on the 5* safety cars I see. The biggest differentiator for me was the boot space. XUV 300 just does not have enough of it.
Recently, I went to pick up my parents and granny from Ahmedabad airport. There was a total of 5 medium-sized strollers and they fit absolutely fine, with ample visibility out of the rear windshield. Also, for the three of them to sit comfortably in the back, there was ample space.
Then recently we went for two 300 kms day trips and none of us, had any aches anywhere. Mine is a XM model, without an adjustable lumbar support or height adjustment, but still, it was comfortable.
The modes, eco delivers minimum power but has most mileage, best used while cruising on the highways at near constant speeds. City mode is best suited for everyday use. Nice enough power to overtake, while the mileage is also quite fine. The sports mode is for ripping through ASAP. Mileage suffers though.
If you do cruise a lot, cruise control does help. But then, it is a comfort feature that does not feel like a necessity to me (I am an old schooler in these matters).

Please do take a few long test drives, and I hope you come to a good conclusion. Good luck.
Cheers!!
Hey, I remember your post from the day you took the delivery - I had been at that showroom a day after that. Wanted to engage with you here but at that time i wasn't a member of the Forum.

Anyways - today finally after a long time - I could finally test drive both XUV300 and Nexon in a span of 1 hour. That makes comparison easier.

In terms of engine refinement and finish and quality - XUV 300 beats Nexon hands down really. The cabin is so silent and plush. Suspension too is much better. No wonder it commands a higher premium and it deserves it.

But despite the cabin being bigger - the driver seat comfort - which is my prime criteria - is marginally better if at all. I've a lower back pain issue hence to have to keep the driver seat heights at max (W8 & XZ+) - and still the sitting position in XUV seemed a bit lower compared to Nexon. Also for me (at 5'8") - i found the under thigh support for the front seats better in Nexon compared to XUV - adds much more to the driving comfort.

XUV's performance is well known really - nobody can complain about it. But that comes at a cost. High fuel costs i mean.

Anyways - will be taking a decision in a couple of days after consultation by my better half . She's the one who drives in the city (16 Kms every day) - I drive only on the Highways.
mihir_m13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 10:18   #4270
BHPian

@NovemberKing_91 - how can i contact you privately? Since I've finalized Nexon and am going to book it in the first week of Oct - perhaps you can help me with it. I've seen you post regarding how they charge more on RTO tax etc - so wanted to talk to you - if thats okay with you. I am not sure if this is allowed on the forum but if you could just send me a hello message on my email id: mihirnmehta[at]gmail[dot]com
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 14:10   #4271

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
Absolutely agree with you. Although AMT is quite logically designed, it is not too intelligent for some aggressive driving. What I personally prefer to do is whenever I anticipate the need for some heavy footed driving, I put it in the manual mode. It helps me do away with the surprises of sudden downshifts or too late upshifts and is also quite fun to drive in my experience.
Agreed! That's a good tactic. Been driving the Petrol AMT for some months now. The only catch here is that driving in Manual locks it in the Sports Mode.. therefore one cannot choose the less Torqey/BHP modes i.e City and Eco, which I think could be very useful while cruising and churning miles on highways in manual... Any thoughts?
Old 15th September 2021, 20:49   #4272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
Glad to inform that I have booked Nexon(P) XZA+(S) Calgary White.
Paid 21,000 as booking amount.
Waiting period as per the dealer is 13 to 14 Weeks.
Got a call from dealer today that my vehicle is allotted and ready for invoicing. Booked in April and was happy to hear this after 5 months of waiting. As per the VIN number provided the manufacturing month is Sep, 2021.
Ex-showroom price in the new invoice is May month price. So they are giving price protection for the May month price
When I have booked in April Ex-showroom for XZA+(S) petrol is 10,99,500
Ex-showroom in the new invoice: 11,15,900
( Current ex-showroom as on Sep is 11,29,400 )
Old 15th September 2021, 22:54   #4273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
Ex-showroom price in the new invoice is May month price. So they are giving price protection for the May month price
When I have booked in April Ex-showroom for XZA+(S) petrol is 10,99,500
Ex-showroom in the new invoice: 11,15,900
( Current ex-showroom as on Sep is 11,29,400 )
Congratulations on the allotment!!
I have booked in March and Dealer has said my car should be alloted in next 2-3 days. But he also mentioned to make the full ex showroom price immediately on the allotment to qualify for the price protection. Did your dealer also ask you to pay upfront? When I said I will pay post PDI, he said they might not be able to give price protection then.
gearless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 07:35   #4274
BHPian

Hello BHPians

Greetings of the Day. This is my First ownership review on Team-BHP so do excuse me on the Quality of Photos or my way of writing.

The Purchase Story of my Tata Nexon Petrol AMT with Sunroof
Model: XMA (S) in Calgary White Color
Tata Nexon : Official Review-delivery-day.jpg

Bit of background: I have been driving since 1999 and have more than 1.5 Lakhs Kms of driving experience under my Belt. I am a sedate driver and give paramount importance to Safety and reliability since I do a lot of Highway travel with Family. I am a Software Professional in Hyderabad and during the present times have the privilege of working from my Hometown - GUNTUR.

I already have a Hyundai Santro Xing (2005) and Mahindra Quanto (2013 Driven only by me) at home. Volkswagen Vento is used by my Brother. Santro Xing being more than 15 years old, though drives like a dream has started hitting the pocket with at least one visit to FNG and a bill in excess of Rs 10K almost every month. Due to age replacement if one component warrants other components to be replaced.

So after three months of deliberation it was decided that it will be wise to sell off the Santro Xing and spend those 10K on a Car EMI which allows us to get a new car and have piece of mind from frequent breakdowns. Since the car is being used by my Mother and she frequently travels between Guntur and Hyderabad with her cousins at least once a month, the car breaking down on Highway with ladies onboard was scary to think of.

A buyer was ready for the Santro Xing so my first priority was to look for a replacement Car.

Selection Process

Quote:
Being an Auto Enthusiast I am the go person for any 4 or 2 Wheeler Purchase in my Family or Friends Circle. So for finding a car for myself I had to be extra cautious and my decision had to be perfect. I am spoilt by my Vento. The first thing I check in any car is the way the driver and passenger door shuts. The closing sound gives a fair idea of Build Quality and the thickness of sheet metal used.
My Requirements were:
  • Like to like replacement for Santro Xing. So a hatchback was needed.
  • Non - Turbo Petrol Car needed.
  • Monthly Usage: 300 Kms to 800 Kms. Even if the usage increases, it will not be in the range of warranting a Diesel Car.

With the above points as reference I checked out the following vehicles.

*** All the Positives and Negatives are as per my experience from Test Drives and checking them out extensively in the Showrooms and I apologize if any owners are offended.
  1. Maruti Wagon R ZXI
    Positives:
    Big looking Small car. Exciting 1.2 K-series Engine, Easy to drive, Easy to Maintain, Good Fuel Efficiency, Backed by Maruti Service.

Negatives
    Flimsy Build and Light Weight, Swift VXI was within reach, No Red Color available, Common Colors like White, Silver were Available with less than one month waiting whereas others colors had 3 months waiting.

2. Swift VXI
    Positives:
    Amazing Drivability, mature Suspension, Most of the creatures comforts available, Not as Flimsy as Wagon R, Interior Quality Acceptable at this price point, Backed by Maruti service.

Negatives
    Thin Sheet metal, 0 Star LNCAP and 2 Star GNCAP, Except Engine, the entire package felt like a compromise due to Build for e.g. Dashboard Flexes, Door Panels Flexes, Console Flexes.

Quote:
    I had almost finalized Swift VXI when the LNCAP Results were published on Team-BHP. I enquired with a few Mechanics and they too advised me to stay away from Maruti Vehicles. They don't know about GNCAP and stuff. They simply opined that the sheet metal is very thin and easily dents so there is a possibility of frequent denting work required. They get a lot of Maruti vehicles for denting and painting Jobs. So dropped the idea of Maruti. Nothing against Maruti. Just that I wanted a strong and tightly built car.
  3. Renault Triber
    Positives:
    Spacious Interiors, Highly Practical and Compact Package, Middle row sliding seats and AC Vents are the USP, 4 Star GNCAP Rating.

Negatives:
    Did not Excite like Swift - was going to be a compromise, Mediocre 1.0 Liter Engine, Gear Shift is not sure slotting, Interior Quality not even up to Swift Category. Major reason for rejecting Triber was the Engine. I do a lot of Highway travels.
  4. Renault Kiger
    Positives:
    High Ground Clearance, Good Drivability (Turbo variant), Practical interiors, Spacious.

Negatives:
    New Launch so not a tried and tested product, Interior Quality is not up to the mark like Quality of materials used felt Hard, cheap and Flimsy,

Quote:
    Did not go to Hyundai since we already experienced Hyundai through Santro Xing and wanted to try a different Brand.
  5. Tata Tiago and Tata Altroz also considered
    Positives: Solid Build, Looks Good.

I did not get to Test Drive the Tiago and Altroz since the test Drive AMT Vehicles were not available. The SA offered me Nexon AMT to get a feel of the Gearbox and Drivability.

Test Drive of Nexon Petrol:

Took the Nexon for a longish Test Drive. The Car felt Good with Solid Suspension. It crossed all the potholes with confidence without unsettling the car. The Test Drive Car was the pre-facelifted Model and abused in the last 3 years. It had more than 50,000 on the ODO. Yet there was no rattling inside the cabin. SA suggested I show the car to my Family as well so we took a detour to my Home. My Mom, wife and Kids looked at the car and were impressed with the space, ground clearance (Mind you my Family is spoilt by extremely spacious - Quanto). The SA Showed the Sunroof and the Kids instantly fell in Love with it. They had a few Selfie moments as well. I could see the happiness in their eyes. I was damn sure at that moment that Nexon Automatic petrol with Sunroof is going to be my Car. I could sense my Family approving Nexon that very moment. From that moment Sunroof became a must have feature.

Note: Compact SUV and Sunroof were never in contention when we decided to buy a new car. The Nexon Test Drive sealed the deal

Dealership (Buying and Delivery) Experience:

After zeroing in on the Nexon AMT Petrol with Sunroof we booked the car on 8 Aug 2021 with a proposed waiting period of 12 Weeks. Price quoted was above 11.40L including Insurance and Extended Warranty. Dealer had a tie up with SBI general Insurance and the Dealer quote for Insurance was above 44K whereas on Policy Bazar I was getting for some 30K with all addons included on Zero Dep. Showroom was willing to give a discount on the Insurance premium so they more or less matched the quote from Policy Bazar. So proceeded with Showroom insurance. Then the wait (of a probable 3 months) started. Meanwhile I was going through Team-BHP and anything and everything I could find about Tata Nexon. Read reviews, user experiences and watched You Tube reviews again and again to prep myself up for the car and to pass time.

14 Aug 2021 - the TL called and informed that my car has been allotted at the Plant and will be lifted onto a truck in about 4 days and that I can plan for Delivery after 20 Aug. The vehicle arrived on 18 Aug and I was asked to visit showroom for PDI. PDI done to my satisfaction. Month of manufacture was August 2021 with date stamp on various components ranging from 8 Aug 2021 to 14 Aug 2021. So it was fresh out of the Oven. 24 Aug was identified as an auspicious day so transferred the amount on 24 Aug Morning and took the Delivery in the evening. Delivery Process was smooth but nothing special. Special mention to the SA and his TL for making my buying experience a smooth one. There was never any hiccup.

Important Point: I was told that people who booked in march were yet to receive an allotment. Ket Point to note is My Loan was pre-approved before booking the car and I showed my eagerness to buy the vehicle with multiple visits to the showroom enquiring about accessories, checking out other Nexons in the dealer yard. For them I was a sure shot buyer. I was told that the dealer has to pay upfront to Tata for the Vehicle to be allotted so I believe they have a say on who gets the vehicle fast despite long wait times. I was also told that there have been instances where people have cancelled their purchases for various reasons some even silly and in such scenarios the already paid and received stock is a pain for them. The TL is responsible for any vehicle ordered & received, parked in the Yard for long or short duration, Not bought by customer etc.

Price Breakup
  • Model: Nexon XMA (S) and Color: Calgary White
  • Ex Showroom: 9,41,000/-
  • Insurance: 36,000/-
  • Extended Warranty: Approx. 9000/-
  • Accessories: 19000/- (Got a discount of 5000 on price of 14000/-)
  • Total On Road price including Road tax came out to be Rs. 11,10,000/-

All Documents handed over on the day of Delivery. ODO stood at 11 Kms on the day of the Delivery.

Accessories installed from Showroom
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Door Visors
  • Rear Parcel Tray
  • Side Chrome Strips
  • Full Carpet Mat (Done inside showroom by an external accessories guy)
  • Door Sill Guard (LED Nexon branded)
  • Body Cover
  • Mud Flaps
  • Foot Mats

Accessories installed from Outside
  1. Side Foot Steps (My Mother is 65 and my kids aged 10 and 5 need this)
  2. ABS Sports Kit (Just for Looks). Stands Out from other Nexons on the Road.

Accessories Planned in the near future
  • Seat Covers (Still confused between Art Leather or Cloth based seat covers)
  • Rear Window Film with 50% Visibility. Primarily to reduce glare from vehicle behind 9since this model doe snot have Day/Night rear view mirror) and also to keep stuff kept on rear parcel tray invisible from prying eyes
  • Want to get Fog lamps installed but the installation procedure is scary. The front bumper has to be removed to access the Fog lamps housing.
  • Reverse Camera. I am wary of letting accessories guys rip open the Side panels, carpet, rear Bumper to route the wiring for the rear camera. So I will wait.

Experience so far:
ODO at the time of writing the review: 400 Kms.
  • Build is strong. Doors are heavy and close with a nice Thud. The car feels Tight and well Built. Even the interiors are well put together. The Panel gaps are even. I feel the interiors will hold well for a long time without rattles. Panels all around do not flex and are closely knit together. Only the Fuel Tank Lid feels Flimsy and loosely fixed.
  • Engine - Start the car and it settles into a silent Rhythm. You can feel little vibrations on cold starts but once the engine is adequately warmed up the vibrations are negligible. There is a limit up to which a 3 Cylinder Engine can mask its Vibrations.
  • Ride Quality is good but a little on the stiffer side. What I mean is the road undulations do filter in but are not harsh. You always know what surface you are driving on. But you would enjoy throwing the car around. With more than enough ground clearance you will do well to scrape the underbody. Look under and you will find that all components are neatly assembled. No loose parts or uneven assembly of any components.

My Observations of the AMT behavior: Since this is my first automatic (albeit an AMT) I am still learning to drive a Clutch less car. For the first 250kms I was really tensed, stressed and nervous about driving Nexon since I was unable to predict the gear shift pattern so was babying the car, sometimes rolling back on inclines etc. There were heart in the mouth moments on two occasions, luckily I did not hit anyone behind. The last 150kms or so I have become confident.

Here is what I learnt
  1. Sports Mode: Adrenaline pumping mode. This mode transforms the car completely. Always feels eager to move. Gear Shifts happen in multiple of 17kmhp but sometimes more than this. I am simply unable to predict the gear shift pattern in Sports Mode.
    Gear 1: upto 17kmph (Upshifts to 2)
    Gear 2: Upto 35 kmph (Upshifts to 3)
    Gear 3: Upto 54 kmph (Upshifts to 4)
    Gear 4: Upto 71kmph (Upshifts to 5)
    Gear 5: Upto 100kmph (Upshifts to 6)
    Gear 6: Top Speed (Never tried. Reached max 120kmph on six lane Highway)
  2. City Mode: Best of both Worlds Mode. Availability of adequate Torque and Somewhat predictable Gearshift.
    Gear 2: Upto 27 kmph (Upshifts to 3)
    Gear 3: Upto 41 kmph (Upshifts to 4)
    Gear 4: Upto 53kmph (Upshifts to 5)
    Gear 5: Upto 75kmph (Upshifts to 6)
    Gear 6: Upto 110kmph (I dont know if the car can cross 110kmph in City Mode)
  3. Eco Mode: Dull Mode but highly Predictable Mode.
    Gear 2: Upto 27 kmph (Upshifts to 3)
    Gear 3: Upto 41 kmph (Upshifts to 4)
    Gear 4: Upto 50 kmph (Upshifts to 5)
    Gear 5: Upto 60 kmph (Upshifts to 6)
    Gear 6: Top Speed in Eco Mode is 92kmph. Car simply refuses to go past 92KMPH.

Quote:
***Disclaimer: I strongly discourage illegal and unsafe speeds. All the above speeds were done by me on six lane National Highway and before 7:30 AM when the Traffic is less and the light is bright enough to allow my car to be visible from good distances and for me to see the road ahead clearly.
Had a short Family trip to the Historical Kondaveedu Fort (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kondaveedu_Fort) a 1700 feet high Hill which acted as a Capital city of the Reddy Kingdom (1325–1448 CE). The Route is a picturesque 10kms Ghats Section with few hairpin bends from the foot of the hill to the Fort Entrance. The Fort entrance has a very sharp circular descent to reach the middle of the Hill for parking. The Car performed well while going down the sharp inclined section with sharp stones protruding. The Nexon crossed them with ease without scrapping even the Mud Flap. I am sure any lower ground clearance vehicle would have scrapped bottom easily. Climbing through the same stretch was also achieved in Manual Mode and 1st gear with RPM around 3000. The car climbed at the speed of 5kmph without scrapping anything.

The Ghat Road i was referring to in the post above
Tata Nexon : Official Review-kondaveedu-fort.jpg

Front View. Imposing. Notice the ABS Skirting. No Functional value. Just for Looks
Tata Nexon : Official Review-front.jpg

Front Three Quarters View
Tata Nexon : Official Review-right-3-quarters.jpg

Left three Quarters View
Tata Nexon : Official Review-left-3-quarters.jpg

Rear Funky View. Does make it stand out from the crowd of Compact SUVs. Some will like it and Some won't. Also notice the rear Skirting. No Functional Value. Just for looks
Tata Nexon : Official Review-rear-view.jpg

Left Rear View
Tata Nexon : Official Review-20210911_121258.jpg

Right Rear View
Tata Nexon : Official Review-rear-3-quarters.jpg

Side profile. Accessories installed can be seen here - Door Visors, Chrome Side Strip, Side Foot Steps, Alloy Wheels
Tata Nexon : Official Review-side-profile.jpg

Harmon Audio (Non Touchscreen) with Bluetooth Connectivity. Sound Quality is amazing. Also notice the Manual AC Knobs. Overall Switch Quality is very good.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-audio-buttons.jpg

Nexon branded LED Door Sill Guards bought from the showroom. Only two front guards are given. Rear Sill is small and at an angle so only a sticker can be pasted.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-door-sill-guard.jpg

Driver Cockpit. The Controls fall in hand nicely. Steering wheel is right sized and gives a good feedback. Switch gear is of very good quality. All switches give tactile feedback.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-driver-cockpit.jpg

Engine Bay (Turbo Petrol) is neatly assembled. Notice the Bonnet Cladding. Many OEMs are skipping this part in petrol Variants. Kudos to Tata. These small things enhance the overall feel and appeal of the Car
Tata Nexon : Official Review-engine-bay.jpg

ECU is placed in front of the Battery and behind the left Headlamp assembly. Be careful during Pressure Washes. Not advisable to wash inside the Engine bay. ECU is highly vulnerable.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-ecu.jpg

Headlight Stalk with controls for Auto Headlights, LED DRLs and regular Lights. The feel is good. XM does not come with Auto Headlamps but XMA comes with Auto Headlamps
Tata Nexon : Official Review-headlight-stalk.jpg

Wiper Stalk with controls for Auto Wipers, Wipers speeds. XM variant does not have Auto Wipers whereas XMA variants come with Auto Wipers
Tata Nexon : Official Review-wiper-stalk.jpg

Parting Shot
Tata Nexon : Official Review-long-shot.jpg

Proudly displaying the Made in India badge
Tata Nexon : Official Review-make-india.jpg

Nexon Badge on the Headlight extension. Neat
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-bandge.jpg

ORVMs Auto close when vehicle is locked and Auto Open when car is unlocked. There is no option to control the Closing and opening action from inside.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-orvm-closed-when-vehicle-locked.jpg

Rear Parcel Tray bought from Showroom. Accessory does not come with threads. Higher variants comes with rear parcel tray with threads enabling the tray to be lifted along with the boot door
Tata Nexon : Official Review-rear-parcel-tray.jpg

Sunroof is a smaller. Good for Kids or Lean built people. There is a limit up to which a Sub 4 meter roof can accommodate a sunroof. Bigger Sunroof cannot be accommodate on this roof due to length limitations.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-sunroof-door-visors.jpg

Vehicle Underbody is neat. No Critical components are visible. The lowest point of the underbody is a sheet metal.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-underbody.jpg

I am still learning the characteristics of the Car. Will post more pictures and my experience as I keep driving my Nexon. Thanks for Reading.

Till Next Time. Bye
dsuman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 09:06   #4275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post

Hello BHPians
---snip--
Till Next Time. Bye
You! You have just saved me a hell lot of money!. I was confused as hell between the XMS and XZ+S variant. My main problem with the mid variant is that it has no alloys and smaller wheels that makes this car look like a glorified bolt. For that I had to look at the XZ+ variant. But that is 2
.5 lakhs more in which apart from the wheels there are just few features that I would miss, that is ;

Rear AC
Rear wiper wash defogger
Adjustable headrests for rear

Now these are not retrofittable but paying 2.5l for these and other features which I could live without was giving me sleepless nights.

I scoured the internet with no respite to find a XM with manufacturer spec alloy wheels. Your post makes the XM variant look much better. I hope you've not upgraded the tyre size.

Anyway your report has made me realised I can get away with accessories worth just 75k!

Thanks a lot man !!
400notout is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks