Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2021, 10:40   #4276
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Congratulations on the allotment!!
Did your dealer also ask you to pay upfront? When I said I will pay post PDI, he said they might not be able to give price protection then.
Thanks.
Yes, they told to confirm about invoicing and financing now itself. Looks like Tata is giving a timeline to complete the invoice for this price beyond which it has to be new price as of today.
Are you getting the March price or May price ?
I am going by whatever the dealer says now and don't want to be in waiting list again if i miss.
I will update.
Old 16th September 2021, 12:35   #4277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
You! You have just saved me a hell lot of money!. I was confused as hell between the XMS and XZ+S variant.

Anyway your report has made me realised I can get away with accessories worth just 75k!

Thanks a lot man !!
Thank you for your kind words
  • No I did not upsize the Tires. Will do it once the current Tires reach End of Life.
  • I had the same Dilemma. But if you have the Budget I suggest you go for XZ variants. Its not just Rear Wash/Wipe and Adjustable Headrests. You will get TPMS, Touchscreen audio with 8 speakers, Fog Lamps, Alloys, Rear Parking Camera, Driver seat height adjustable.

My intention to go for mid variant was this was supposed to be a secondary car since I already had Quanto. Its another matter that my Mom became overwhelmed by the Size of Nexon and I had to sell off Quanto. Booked a Grand i10 Nios for the ladies at Home.

XZ variants are advisable if Nexon is going to be your primary Car since those creature comforts will be useful some day or there. Happy Buying.
dsuman is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 20:16   #4278
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if the Clutch plates on Nexon are hydraulic or cabled? I test drove a Nexon today and felt the clutch actuation to be too jerky. Got stalled a couple of times in bumber-to-bumper Bangalore traffic.
Old 16th September 2021, 23:14   #4279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Clutch plates on Nexon are hydraulic or cabled? I test drove a Nexon today and felt the clutch actuation to be too jerky. Got stalled a couple of times in bumber-to-bumper Bangalore traffic.
Clutch actuation is with typical hydraulic setup. The TD car might have some need of service on the clutch / master-slave cylinders (if you felt the pedal was heavy as well). Also - the Nexon's clutch has a sudden bite point, its not very gradual. So if you have been driving a particular car for many years before you might find the Nexon's clutch to be quite different. But it doesn't take a lot of time to get used to. I had been driving a very smooth and gradual Fiat engine-transmission-clutch combination for a decade. But was at home in the Nexon within a day's time. So don't let this be a big factor in your final decision.
Reinhard is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 10:48   #4280
BHPian

We are on our annual mountain run and 400 kms from blr, near Kurnool the AMT failure light is up. My car is 30k kms and had recently came back from service.

I tried to reset the AMT fail light by doing a shutdown and startup of the car. The error goes off only to comeback after 5-10 minutes.

Mind you, this on highway in sports mode. After the fail light the drive modes don't work and car seems to have lost 50% power.

Took the vehicle to Haroon Motors, and they connected the OBD scanner. Seems like the AMT switch is faulty.

Waiting for repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20210918_101051.jpg  

adityasiera is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 15:56   #4281
BHPian

After a 5.5 months wait, finally my Nexon is alloted.

I had almost given up when the Tata area manager was not even picking my calls for more than 10 days and was thinking of even stretching a budget a bit and registered for MG Astor. Finally yesterday I got a call from him and he apologized for not picking my calls earlier as he was on leave. He guaranteed that it will be done within this month.
Two hours later he updated that it is billed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
Are you getting the March price or May price?
I am getting the May price. I didn't want to get into another set of escalations and round abouts. The dealer said Tata can give only one price protection and not two. I didn't push it further as I just wanted to get the car without any further delays. Tata has trained me well to live with their service levels even before I got the car. Well played, Tata.

I got the chassis number and the engine number. I verified using the decode instructions in our forum and confirmed the month and year of manufacturing to be this month.

Might be a dumb question. Is chassis number and VIN the same? I thought they were different till the dealer gave the same number for both.
gearless is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 12:44   #4282
BHPian

Quote:
After a 5.5 months wait, finally my Nexon is alloted.
Congratulations !!
Yes my understanding is that Chassis number is same as VIN.
The dealer shared chassis and engine number to me.
It is MAT*****M*J*** for me ( M 2021, J September month)

I checked with the dealer regarding payment. They said payment can be completed later.
Which is your model and are you planning to add any accessories.
Old 19th September 2021, 17:51   #4283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post
You! You have just saved me a hell lot of money!. I was confused as hell between the XMS and XZ+S variant. My main problem with the mid variant is that it has no alloys and smaller wheels that makes this car look like a glorified bolt. For that I had to look at the XZ+ variant. But that is 2
.5 lakhs more in which apart from the wheels there are just few features that I would miss, that is ;

Rear AC
Rear wiper wash defogger
Adjustable headrests for rear

Now these are not retrofittable but paying 2.5l for these and other features which I could live without was giving me sleepless nights.

I scoured the internet with no respite to find a XM with manufacturer spec alloy wheels. Your post makes the XM variant look much better. I hope you've not upgraded the tyre size.

Anyway your report has made me realised I can get away with accessories worth just 75k!

Thanks a lot man !!
I am in the same dilemma. Initially I was planning on the XZ. After that the AMT started beckoning me reminding me of my tired left foot after a day's drive. Then found that XZ does not have driver seat height adjustment. That may be an issue for my 5.5' wife who might drive if it is an automatic. I dont think there is an XZA. So the next option is XZA+ which is 1.8lakhs costlier. What to do ... what to do...
HONESTabdul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 18:31   #4284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
So the next option is XZA+ which is 1.8lakhs costlier. What to do ... what to do...
I suggest you check out the XMA-S. Make a list of features you would definitely need and what all can be added later. If your wife is comfortable with the driving position of the XMA-S then just check if you can live without other features.

For me, my budget of 12 lakhs is already the maximum I should push myself to. Since I'm looking for diesel the XZS version is priced at 14.5 with extended warranty. I can push further but I seriously don't want to add that 5k to my emi. Yet I had almost decided on the XZS but somewhere when the adrenaline dried up , I was feeling uncomfortable spending that kind of money. Add to it the EV variant was not far away either.

Finally I made a list of all the features which I wanted and what I couldn't.

What I'll miss;
Rear defogger wash wipe
Rear AC
4 speakers ( haven't checked aftermarket options)

What I can live without;
Touchscreen (and whatever comes with it)
Auto AC
Start stop button
Keyless entry
Voice commands

Tata accessories that I've selected
Rear parcel tray
Alloys
Front foglamps with drl ( need to confirm once)
Rear view camera on Irvm
Dash cam
Front bumper silver garnish

For me lesser electronics means lesser points of failure. These features would have been welcome within my budget, but in spending 1.8 lakhs more I would be stressing myself.

As far as fancy features are concerned I do have auto wipers, headlamps and a sunroof! The stock system on the XM is great. Bluetooth is good enough as I use phone for all my music and navigation. Plus I have steering mounted controls.

I liked how bhpian dsuman styled his XM S variant. So my biggest concern of "Looks" was sorted. Rest, the car is perfect for my needs. Hope this helps.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 18:50   #4285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So the next option is XZA+ which is 1.8lakhs costlier. What to do. what to do
How long do you intend to keep the car (assuming it keeps running fine)? If its anything over 5 years - I'd suggest stretch the budget and go for the XZA+. Over the longer duration - that extra bit, won't pinch a lot. But - the missing features do pinch a lot through the entire ownership. At least that's my personal experience (and that results in a lot of DIY threads from me on the forum as well )
Reinhard is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 19:08   #4286
BHPian

Finally, we took the delivery of our Nexon XZ (P) on Friday, 17 Sep! I am sharing some initial impressions of the car, and I am planning to post a review in some time. So far I have not gotten chance to cover long distances and have driven only ~70 km in 2 days.

First Impressions
- The car feels robust and the interiors of the XZ variant feel airy and premium.
- Seating comfort is nice; the front seats fit snuggly.
- Ride quality is superb over broken patches of road and potholes, but it is little bumpy at low speeds with lateral movement.
- Acceleration is quick even in the City mode.
- Music quality of the Harman audio system is top class and so is the display !
- Android Auto navigation works flawlessly (used only once).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However, I facing few minor issues for which I seek guidance from existing owners. Some of them may be features or quirks to TATA cars, but I am not sure hence asking.

1. On the day of delivery (Friday), we filled up some fuel and then went to a restaurant in the afternoon. However, when we returned after 1 hour or so, I could not open the car with the flip key and had to manually unlock the door. The car started without any issue. On the same day in the evening, we went out for performing the pooja ceremony (after 3-4 hours returning to home). The same issue persisted (including ORVMs not opening with the "welcome" feature) and I had to manually unlock the car. Yesterday, in the morning, I took the car for a short ride and the issue was still there. I called up the service centre SA and explained the problem who suggested me to change the flip key battery, and if it did not work then to bring the car to the service centre next week. I changed the flip key battery but there is no resolution of the issue. Today morning I observed that the engine immobilizer light (red), which should keep on blinking continuously after the ignition is OFF and all doors are locked, blinked only for a couple of minutes and then stopped altogether. Same behaviour was seen today afternoon. Can someone help me in diagnosing the exact problem and a solution? Is this is a serious fault with the immobilizer or flip key? to be honest, I am becoming worried over this.

2. Over the few kilometers I have driven the car, I found that the Nexon's clutch has strange behaviour. It is not as gradual as the one in my i20, and feels heavy and abrupt in release in comparison to my i20's clutch. Is this clutch behaviour normal? Or do I need to visit the service centre for this issue?

3. I noticed that after removing the key from the ignition after driving, the digital display in the instrument cluster shows the odometer reading for few seconds before turning OFF. However, in night or dimly lit conditions, the display quality looks dull and slight pixelated when viewing from an angle or straight ahead. But this does not happen when the car is running or stationary with engine running. (I will try to click a picture if possible to explain this issue.)

Sharing a pic taken on the day of delivery (excuse the quality as it was taken from mobile phone).
Attached Images

Last edited by Mark 5 : 19th September 2021 at 19:32.
Mark 5 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 00:20   #4287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
Which is your model and are you planning to add any accessories.
Mine is XZA+ S. As it well loaded, not planning to add accessories. Might just go for the basic ones.

Planning to add a side step to enable easy ingress for my aged parents. Thinking of getting this done outside.
gearless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 10:13   #4288
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is XZA+ S. As it well loaded, not planning to add accessories. Might just go for the basic ones.
Good to know. Mine is also XZA+(S). Planning to add basics like mudflaps and mats from the showroom.
Old 21st September 2021, 13:00   #4289
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same dilemma. Initially I was planning on the XZ. After that the AMT started beckoning me reminding me of my tired left foot after a day's drive. Then found that XZ does not have driver seat height adjustment. That may be an issue for my 5.5' wife who might drive if it is an automatic. I dont think there is an XZA. So the next option is XZA+ which is 1.8lakhs costlier. What to do ... what to do...
Mine is XMA (S) and does not have Driver Seat Height Adjustment. I am 5.7" and feel comfortable when the Bonnet is clearly visible. With the default Driver's seat I cannot see the Bonnet So I got the seat covers installed with a 3 Inches Foam embedded which allowed me to increase the height by 3 inches. Now my head touches the roof. Sliding the seat back a bit gives me a comfortable driving position with Bonnet being clearly visible and my head does not touch the roof as well.

You can alternatively use a square shaped Cushion. here's what you can do

1. Without increasing the Seat height get a Seat beading. Search e-Commerce sites. Any local accessories shops will have them. Go for Roundish Beads instead of White Marble ones.
2. Place a 2 Inch Pillow between the Seat Base and the beading. You can remove it when you want to drive the car.

The Seat height will be better. For reference my Mother is 5.2" and using this method allowed her to get a good view of the Road with Bonnet slightly visible. For 5.5" height this method should do the trick.

This is what I am referring to
Name:  Seat Beading.JPG
Views: 1469
Size:  53.5 KB
dsuman is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:50   #4290
BHPian

Can cruise control be fixed after market? Anybody done that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks