Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2021, 11:00   #4336
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you are thinking about diesel purely from a fuel efficiency perspective - then don't go for it. For your running - petrol is more than enough. In fact - I'd say for such a low running - why not opt for the Nexon / Tigor EV instead? These can be far better options for you - if your place can accomodate the charging point somewhere in the parking.

If mileage is not the only reason - diesel has other pros over petrol as well. Those are the reasons for which I stick with diesel even if my running might not warrant it. For example very high torque and pulling power for ghat regions, lower RPM running helping in longer life of components, much lower operating temperatures of the engine, helping in longer life of the components in engine-bay (very marginal real impact I agree), jerk free crawls and in-city drives in mid-gears without having to shift often etc.
@Reinhard - I am considering Tata Nexon Diesel for similar reasons. Would like to know in BS VI Nexon, are people facing DPF issues.
Old 12th October 2021, 11:08   #4337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun_S View Post
@Reinhard - I am considering Tata Nexon Diesel for similar reasons. Would like to know in BS VI Nexon, are people facing DPF issues.
So, one very close friend with 2021 Nexon diesel, has got the DPF alert on the console last week in Bengaluru. His is an AMT.

However, this came up exactly on the same day that he got illuminated scuff plates and android head unit installed. His engine mode selector also stopped functioning during that install. So there is a high potential that this was all caused by erratic electric signals fed into BCM/ECU during installation. He is going to visit the ASC to get it checked.

Another friend (and TBHPian) from Pune has got his Nexon diesel delivered just a couple of weeks back, but too soon to know.

I won't be too surprised if there are issues reported once in a while. Key is to ensure the car sees enough rpm coverage for the DPF regen to happen on its own, without needing a specific Italian tune up. By numbers I have not heard/read about any more Nexon bs6 diesel owners facing issues just yet, so can't categorically advise you either way I'm afraid. Sample data is quite small compared to petrol.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th October 2021 at 11:09.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 18:00   #4338
BHPian

The Tata Motors Service Monster strikes again!

I went for my Nexon's three year service to Swan Motors, Sonipat, and the monster struck perhaps for the second time in my 10 year association with Tata.

As soon as I reached the service centre, I told that only booklet listed works are to be done. While I was recovering from the Timing Belt Replacement shock at 3 years (and my car's 29500 km), the service manager added Engine Flashing, Radiator Flashing and Oil additives to the list at Rs 590/- each!

When I went to collect the car this morning, I said I would not be paying and the senior manager offered to remove one of the charges and offer a free gold club membership booklet. And now I noticed that the booklet is also charged and all three services were fully charged and only discount was the 5% off on parts as part of the gold club.

I will certainly avoid Swan Motors Sonipat in the future for service. There is no option to them here and with road closures and all, Delhi is door from here. And I am still sceptical about going to FNGs because several of those have closed post-pandemic.
avingodb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 22:22   #4339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
When I went to collect the car this morning, I said I would not be paying and the senior manager offered to remove one of the charges and offer a free gold club membership booklet. And now I noticed that the booklet is also charged and all three services were fully charged and only discount was the 5% off on parts as part of the gold club.
I will certainly avoid Swan Motors Sonipat in the future for service. There is no option to them here and with road closures and all, Delhi is door from here. And I am still sceptical about going to FNGs because several of those have closed post-pandemic.
Well this is perhaps an indicator that TaMo is getting mainstream! what you have mentioned - are rather regular practices at other brands (I have experienced as an owner / caretaker of family car - but won't go telling the brand names since that will start an out of context battle).

While you have already suffered - I suggest you give this detailed feedback to TML when they contact you for the feedback. Give a genuinely bad rating and provide this entire information to them patiently. The senior person may call again for further information, patiently explain again. While still you may not get a refund or anything - the feedback actually works and TaMo does (at least did till last year) try to twist things a bit at the ASC afterwards for corrections in future.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th October 2021 at 22:26.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 22:36   #4340

Booked my Nexon XZ+ Petrol from Arya Motors, Gurgaon last week and expecting delivery the coming week. I am yet to finalize on few things and wanted the opinions of the experienced folks here.

The car is expected to run 18km a day (about 550km a month). Would it make sense to purchase the Extended Warranty and the Service AMC? I do not understand the point of warranty when they say running parts are not covered. The salesman also suggested that i can avoid the service AMC and car running will be less.

Lastly, any good leads for where to get Floor Mats, Mudflaps and Leather seat & steering covers as they are the only accessories i'm looking for?
Old 18th October 2021, 09:46   #4341
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itspb View Post
The car is expected to run 18km a day (about 550km a month). Would it make sense to purchase the Extended Warranty and the Service AMC? I do not understand the point of warranty when they say running parts are not covered. The salesman also suggested that i can avoid the service AMC and car running will be less.
Given your running, I guess any AMC/P2P is not of much use. On the other hand warranty - is not just for running parts remember. Imagine a scenario where the turbo charger/ BCM / ECU / music system head unit has or develops a fault related with manufacturing / electronic issues. These things cost a bomb. Literally a big jolt to pay from pocket when in your mind you are with a new car. Even a single one of these getting replaced - actually recovers your money for EW (and more!). For example - the USB+Aux connector in many Nexons has had connection issues causing AndroidAuto crashes constatly. It costs over 3000 rupees I think! Not bad that it can be replaced in warranty.
Warranty definitely is worth it even with few part changes actually needed. The peace of mind it brings, justifies the price. Its exactly like term insurance. Great if it is not used, but its presence is valuable. Nobody is sad if it doesn't "mature" . You are spending upward of a million rupees on the car. What's a few thousand more? Stretch it I'd suggest.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th October 2021 at 09:49.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:17   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
The Tata Motors Service Monster
Update on this issue:

After sharing my story on Social Media, I got a call from the service center manager and I got a refund of Rs 1770 for the add ons. He requested me to delete my tweet for him to close the case but I said I would not do it and I only added another tweet saying that I was refunded partly.

Some solace after the painful story!
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 12:08   #4343
BHPian

Quote:
Booked my Nexon XZ+ Petrol from Arya Motors, Gurgaon last week and expecting delivery the coming week. I am yet to finalize on few things and wanted the opinions of the experienced folks here.

Lastly, any good leads for where to get Floor Mats, Mudflaps and Leather seat & steering covers as they are the only accessories i'm looking for?
Congrats on your Nexon.

First of all connect with TMSC, and upload your car details, most often you will find some goodies like, P2P already allocated to your car (if lucky).

There is about 6 months for you to take the EW and or AMC, till then enjoy your ride, and take a call later depending on your usage etc.

Hope this helps.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 13:24   #4344

Quote:
Imagine a scenario where the turbo charger/ BCM / ECU / music system head unit has or develops a fault related with manufacturing / electronic issues. These things cost a bomb.
That is a fair point. Let me reconsider the EW since it is only 20k, though I do not plan to keep this car for more than 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
First of all connect with TMSC, and upload your car details, most often you will find some goodies like, P2P already allocated to your car (if lucky).
Thanks for letting me know this. Will definitely do it.
Old 18th October 2021, 13:40   #4345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That is a fair point. Let me reconsider the EW since it is only 20k, though I do not plan to keep this car for more than 3 years.
This part - I didn't know. if target usage window is just 3 years - I don't think you should spend that 20K probably. But why so, (just curious)? I presume its for business commercials and depreciation etc. Because otherwise the car is a keeper .
Old 18th October 2021, 16:46   #4346

Quote:
This part - I didn't know. if target usage window is just 3 years - I don't think you should spend that 20K probably. But why so, (just curious)? I presume its for business commercials and depreciation etc. Because otherwise the car is a keeper .
This is indeed true but we desperately need a secondary car right now. Was going to go for used car since all new cars had long wait times. But Tata sales rep was able to arrange a quick delivery. That coupled with the fact that I was completely clueless about how to go for a used car we decided to book Nexon.

But the plan is to upgrade to better cars with expected income in future or at least upgrade to EV.

Btw, I read your review and you mentioned you got mud flaps. I wanted to know if they are any useful?
itspb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 18:14   #4347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, I read your review and you mentioned you got mud flaps. I wanted to know if they are any useful?
Right - I opted for the OEM accessory mud-flaps as part of the 10K freebies kit I got (2019 was still a good year to buy Tata cars cheap!). They are well built and fit well.

They work yes. Especially the rear ones do a good job of ensuring the biker behind you, is not sprayed on with mud. The front ones - work moderately. There is a spray on the front door upto the lower edge of the black side rub rails. Can be resolved by adding simple plastic / PU add-ons at the lower edge of the mud-flap, but I have not done so yet.
Quote:
But Tata sales rep was able to arrange a quick delivery. That coupled with the fact that I was completely clueless about how to go for a used car we decided to book Nexon.
Regarding this part - Being an existing owner, I definitely would vouch for a Nexon for its credentials. Just still being inquisitive, what is the purpose of this 2nd car of yours? If its exclusively for city usage - have you checked out the Ignis? Looks aside (they are subjective, I like it) - the car is actually a far better city run-about due to its compact dimensions, peppy engine and light controls. Its pretty well kitted out even in Zeta variant and makes a good case for a short term ownership scenario. If you already have a primary car that is large enough and good for highway cruising, a small hatchback for city confines can be a better option to a Nexon perhaps? You might save quite a bit as well in the bargain. Selling a Nexon in 3 years - while you can write-off etc, the depreciation hit on the car will be quite a big one.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th October 2021 at 18:37.
Old 18th October 2021, 18:24   #4348

Quote:
They work yes.
Ok good to know. Will opt for this accessory then.

Quote:
what is the purpose of this 2nd car of yours? If its exclusively for city usage - have you checked out the Ignis? Looks aside (they are subjective, I like it) - the car is actually a far better city run-about due to its compact dimensions, peppy engine and light controls. Its pretty well kitted out even in Delta variant and makes a good case for a short term ownership scenario. If you already have a primary car that is large enough and good for highway cruising, a small hatchback for city confines can be a better option to a Nexon perhaps? You might save quite a bit as well in the bargain. Selling a Nexon in 3 years - while you can write-off etc, the depreciation hit on the car will be quite a big one.
The purpose is indeed only city usage and short runs. I did consider Ignis and Punch, and personally preferred them over Nexon or Baleno/i20. But family is insisting on more comfort and space so Nexon was the final decision when we found out its available soon. If the choice was completely up to me I would have gone for Punch.
Old 18th October 2021, 21:17   #4349
BHPian

Quote:

In Delhi I could advise Karol Bagh or Lajpat Nagar
1) Mud Flaps - Better take OEM. No other brands will be able to match their quality
2) Floor mats - Galio 5D set is around Rs.2600. Local around 1600. Floor carpet - Rs. 2400
3) Leather seats - Autoform is around Rs. 9500 for very good ones. Although their range starts from Rs. 7500. Other brands like Comfortline etc. from 4500 (not good ones though), Rs. 5500 (still manageable)
4) Steering cover - Rs. 600 to Rs. 1200
Old 18th October 2021, 21:34   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post
Does anyone knows how to reach someone from Tata either a Area or a Zonal manager? I have been Tring all the possible channels.
Look up Tata's regional office number from their website. Ask them for number of TSM. I got it through the same way and the TSM was also very helpful.

All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks