Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 18th October 2021, 22:01   #4351

Default Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post

[
Hi,
Request few pointers
1) Month of manufacture was August 2021 with date stamp on various components ranging from 8 Aug 2021 to 14 Aug 2021. - Which components are these that can be checked out for dates?
2) Extended Warranty: Approx. 9000/- - Is this one year or two year?
3) Door Sill guard - Does it require stripping wire?
4) Side Foot Steps - Are you considering OEM or aftermarket? Which brand if aftermarket? And any idea about price?
Thanks.
Old 18th October 2021, 23:23   #4352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_vish View Post
Hi,
Request few pointers
1) Month of manufacture was August 2021 with date stamp on various components ranging from 8 Aug 2021 to 14 Aug 2021. - Which components are these that can be checked out for dates?
2) Extended Warranty: Approx. 9000/- - Is this one year or two year?
3) Door Sill guard - Does it require stripping wire?
4) Side Foot Steps - Are you considering OEM or aftermarket? Which brand if aftermarket? And any idea about price?
Thanks.
When I did the PDI I found stickers on
1. Front Bumper.
2. Rear Bumper
3. Turbocharger
4. Hoses inside engine bay.
5. Date stamp on glasses.
6. Seats
7. Headlights.

Extended warranty I took for 1 extra year making it 3 years and 75000 kms.

Door Sill Gaurds LED ones requires wire stripping. Done from Showroom.

Sidesteps - OEM not Available. I have already installed aftermarket. Costed me 12,500/-. They are sturdy. Wont bend when I stand on them. I am over 100kgs.
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 23:24   #4353
BHPian

Just cross posting from the Used car price thread:

I'm looking to buy from dealer a used Nexon XZA+ in Delhi, June 2019, 23000KM, under extended warranty. What should be the fair price for it?

And what would be the points to look for in the car?
Old 19th October 2021, 13:54   #4354
BHPian

Do recently manufactured Nexons with AMT still face AMT issue? Considering a diesel AMT but have been reading that there are niggles in this version.
Old 19th October 2021, 16:18   #4355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
Do recently manufactured Nexons with AMT still face AMT issue? Considering a diesel AMT but have been reading that there are niggles in this version.
Our family has a BS4 Diesel AMT. Done about 20k kms till date. No issues. Not sure if the BS6 has any. On the contrary heard it's better on the BS6 AMT.
Old 20th October 2021, 12:27   #4356

The Nexon comes Home

After a 6 month waiting, finally I got my Nexon delivered on the auspicious day of Mahalaya Amavasya on 6th Oct.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20211006_185248.jpg

The story upto booking

When I bought a preowned Celerio AMT in 2018, it was already decided that we will upgrade to a new car in 2020. Then due to covid, we had to postpone our decision. In Mid 2020, we had closed on the requirements and started the search:
  1. Good ground clearance, the approach road to my apartment in Bangalore is vengeful against sedans
  2. Automatic, proper automatic preferred over AMT
  3. Good Safety features and rating
  4. Good space for 5 as I travel with extended family and friends a lot
  5. Max budget of 15 L OTR, lower the better
  6. Not a huge car considering the tight parking spots and Bangalore traffic

In hindsight, the Nexon seems to be only option which satisfies this criteria with minimal compromise.
However it was not in my initial shortlist as I wanted an upgrade from AMT as well and was eagerly waiting for the Sonet launch. Just after the launch, I was excited for Sonet, but it went away from the list after the Seltos safety rating was released.
The other contender was Ecosport, but I rejected it due to very less useable space in the backseat. Now I thank my stars for that decision.
I ignored the Creta and Seltos even before the safety ratings, as the automatic variants were beyond my budget.
S cross and Vitara Brezza were ticking most of the boxes, but it felt outdated after we experienced Nexon.
Nexon seemed to be a good option as I will compromise only on the proper automatic. By then, I had two years of experience with AMT and have tweaked my driving style to AMT. I have learned how to maneuver without head nods.

The booking

I was stuck in my hometown for a long time and couldn't come back to Bangalore. As my hometown is in a different state, I did not want to buy the car there. I delayed my decision of booking Nexon till I get back to Bangalore. Finally in the month of March, I visited three different dealers in Bangalore. I couldn't get any discounts as there was high demand and could get only the basic accessories as freebie. Also everyone promised a waiting time of 3 months.
I went ahead with the dealership closest to my home and booked on 28th Mar.

The long wait

Till June, I did not bother to follow up with the dealer as the waiting time was 3 months. Then started the followups, false promises, escalations, cribbing in this forum and other social media channels, involving the ASMs and GMs. After a 3 month battle and a wait of 6 months, my car got allotted in September.
The dealer was trying to be helpful, but I think the delay was due to mismanagement of Tata in terms of the variant and color balance. There was a huge demand for Foliage green color, but that seemed to be the least manufactured variant color from Tata. In fact I have been seeing the car list which were allotted to the dealership from Aug (The sales advisor this as the only way to keep me from nagging him). I was 5th in queue to receive this variant color in their dealership throughout Bangalore in August and still it took 3 months post that for Tata to allot.
The reasons I was given was the 2nd wave and semi conductor shortages whereas I used to point out that last 2 months they sold 10000 units much more than the average 6000 which they used to sell in Mar when I booked.

The delivery

The delivery experience was smooth. As I had to travel out of station, I had to delay my delivery. By then I had also got my number and got the car with the original number plate fitted.
I did not opt for any accessories as I had booked the XZA+ S variant.
Now I getting a side step fitted to enable easy ingress for my parents.

Initial ownership

After spending a week within Bangalore where I could drive only 150 KMs, the MID was showing just 8 KMPL as mileage. Last weekend I had to travel to my Hometown which is ~500 KMs. This trip is where I really enjoyed driving Nexon.

My observations so far:
  1. The stability and steering control has been phenomenal. Especially after covering the same route last two times in Celerio, I can't fathom the amount of confidence this car gave with its manners.
  2. Getting a mileage of 14 KMPL in highways and 8 KMPL in city. Though it is too early to make any judgements on this.
  3. AMT is much superior to my Celerio's AMT. If anyone has dual thoughts with Nexon due to AMT, please do a TD before you reject it.
  4. My wife appreciated the seat comfort. My son enjoyed the rear seat where he took a comfortable nap for a solid two hours.
  5. My wife just got her DL and is a new driver. She drove 20 KMs in this trip and she felt Nexon to be easier to drive than Celerio. I think the visibility and the power on offer were the reasons. She might not say the same when she drives this car in Silk board.
  6. Luckily, no niggles so far.
  7. Android Auto is lagging at times.
  8. Cruise control was helpful in some stretches of the highway.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-20211017_110615.jpg

My first service will be post Diwali and planning to be abck to Bangalore for it. Will be sharing more experiences as I take Nexon for more drives. Cheers!!
gearless is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 13:41   #4357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearless View Post

The Nexon comes Home

Initial ownership

After spending a week within Bangalore where I could drive only 150 KMs, the MID was showing just 8 KMPL as mileage. Last weekend I had to travel to my Hometown which is ~500 KMs. This trip is where I really enjoyed driving Nexon.

My observations so far:[list=1][*]The stability and steering control has been phenomenal. Especially after covering the same route last two times in Celerio, I can't fathom the amount of confidence this car gave with its manners.[*]Getting a mileage of 14 KMPL in highways and 8 KMPL in city. Though it is too early to make any judgements on this.[*]AMT is much superior to my Celerio's AMT. If anyone has dual thoughts with Nexon due to AMT, please do a TD before you reject it.
My first service will be post Diwali and planning to be abck to Bangalore for it. Will be sharing more experiences as I take Nexon for more drives. Cheers!!
Hi, congrats on your new car. Wish you many happy miles in it and happy ownership experience.

Can you please add if yours is Petrol or Diesel? From your mileage, one can only guess it as a Petrol?
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:57   #4358

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Can you please add if yours is Petrol or Diesel? From your mileage, one can only guess it as a Petrol?
Yes, it is Petrol variant.
gearless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 20:57   #4359
BHPian

Just learned something today.

It was raining and the wipers were turned on. I had to back up the car. As soon as I shifted to reverse, the rear wipers turned on too. I thought I had accidentally turned it on, but it wasn't. It turned off once I shifted back to neutral. Confirmed it by shifting the gear to reverse once again. It is super useful.

I know that rear wipers in Fiat Uno used to do this. Is it common with all the cars now or only in Nexon?

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 21st October 2021 at 21:08. Reason: Adding the question mark.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 21:01   #4360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
I know that rear wipers in Fiat Uno used to do this. Is it common with all the cars now or only in Nexon.
It is standard in all current Tata cars with rear wiper.
red_nemesis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 21:14   #4361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
It is standard in all current Tata cars with rear wiper.
Thank you. I would assume so. I was just wondering if it is now common with all cars from other manufacturers too.
Old 21st October 2021, 22:47   #4362
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I would assume so. I was just wondering if it is now common with all cars from other manufacturers too.
Mostly cars with rears wipers have this feature. My Tiago had this, Ignis also have this. Wagon R doesn't.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 09:47   #4363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Mostly cars with rears wipers have this feature. My Tiago had this, Ignis also have this. Wagon R doesn't.
Frankly speaking i don't like automatic wipers. If the wind-shield is dirty and the wiper starts - it'll only damage the windscreen.

I am waiting for my XUV 300 W8.

I don't know how sensitive these automatic rain sensing wipers are. But if they're super sensitive - just a few rain drops - the wiper will start and if there's some dust on the wind shield (which will always be the case) - you'll end up with small scratches and in the long run - the screen is damaged enough to scatter incoming light all over the screen and i find that very uncomfortable on the highways at night.
mihir_m13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:07   #4364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was raining and the wipers were turned on. I had to back up the car. As soon as I shifted to reverse, the rear wipers turned on too.
It's been there on the decade old Vista that I drive. I don't remember if it was available on the Indica and Marina.
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:43   #4365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihir_m13 View Post
Frankly speaking i don't like automatic wipers. If the wind-shield is dirty and the wiper starts - it'll only damage the windscreen.
We're talking about automatic rear wipers. If you have front wipers running and engage the reverse gear, the rear wipers also gets engaged.
Coming to rain sensing wipers, I don't think they will get activated by a few drops of rain.

Most Viewed