Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 13:30   #4426
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
I have a very strange question. I have a dual tone Nexon, and I just noticed this; the roof is very thin and flexible that I can simply press with my fingers and it flexes. Is it supposed to be this thin at the top? Did anyone else notice the same?
Bump to get some attention. Hope someone is able to shed light and say this kind of flex on the top panel is par for the course.
Old 24th November 2021, 13:47   #4427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bump to get some attention. Hope someone is able to shed light and say this kind of flex on the top panel is par for the course.
Yes - the roof does flex when pressed. It is definitely thinner than the panel I had in the 2010 Vista previously. And - that holds true for absolutely all the body panels of the Nexon when compared to its X1 platform predecessor.

However - it is not worryingly thin. There is ample chassis member support to it and its good enough to provide protection in case of roll-overs in comparison with contemporaries. Note that - the flex is on a large and completely flat panel. We have most other cars with ridges to provide structural support - and still they flex as much or even more. So don't worry.

The weight reduction on the Nexon compared to its ancestors - was somewhat required too. The previous cars on this platform were significantly heavy and that made them handle like barges and accelerate like trawlers. Took away the fun quotient in driving. One of the key contributors to the "fun" factor in the Nexon comes from the improved handling dynamics.

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th November 2021 at 13:49.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 13:58   #4428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

However - it is not worryingly thin. There is ample chassis member support to it and its good enough to provide protection in case of roll-overs in comparison with contemporaries. Note that - the flex is on a large and completely flat panel. We have most other cars with ridges to provide structural support - and still they flex as much or even more. So don't worry.
Thank you very much for the insight. I always get tempted to go and flex a random Nexon I spot on the streets, but better sense has prevailed so far. I just got freaked out a bit after observing this flex near the roof rails of my Nexon.
alphasri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 14:36   #4429
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for the insight. I always get tempted to go and flex a random Nexon I spot on the streets, but better sense has prevailed so far. I just got freaked out a bit after observing this flex near the roof rails of my Nexon.
As rightly said by Reinhard, it is adequately supported by a structural member. In Nexon, there is a horizontal structutural member connecting the B pillars that supports the roof. In fact, you can get a glimpse of it in this video here.

red_nemesis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 14:46   #4430

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchand View Post
I am facing a peculiar issue with my January 2021 Nexon XZ+ petrol. This issue started coming after the first service.
Thanks for all the responses. I will check these options to solve the issue.
hchand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 09:16   #4431
VIZ
BHPian

Has anyone in this forum tried to install wireless Android auto and 360 degree camera in Nexon? Does it void the warranty?
If it is already discussed, pls route me to that post, sorry I couldn't find it.
Old 29th November 2021, 13:34   #4432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIZ View Post
Has anyone in this forum tried to install wireless Android auto and 360 degree camera in Nexon? Does it void the warranty?
If it is already discussed, pls route me to that post, sorry I couldn't find it.
A car like the Nexon - which is basically a hatchback (super-mini in dimensions by typical western nomenclature) - doesn't really need 360deg camera. Mirrors + reversing camera get the job done more or less. Within weeks you'll get enough judgement to even park it in tight spaces. The hassle to install it after-market will involve lots of wiring, holes to mount cameras below ORVMs etc. Warranty will be at risk as well. Park the Nexon besides a Tiago (like I do in my home parking place) - and you'll be shocked to see that we are spending quite a lot of money more for just few millimeters more here & there in dimensions .

As for wireless-Android Auto - the head unit does not support the required 5GHz high speed wifi connection, which is required. Similar is the case for Apple car play, there are dongles available that emluate a USB connection to the HU, while having a wireless connection with the phone. Similar setup can be custom built for Android Auto, there are some threads available about it on the XDA Forum etc. However - I feel its too much hassle for little gains. Especially if you drive long distances, having wireless Android Auto in a car that doesn't support wireless phone charging (or when using a phone that doesn't have wireless charging feature) - makes little sense. The battery of the phone drains quite a bit with the wifi, 4G + bluetooth connection running, and the wired connection helps in keeping battery charge sustained somewhat.

Last edited by Reinhard : 29th November 2021 at 13:36.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 15:08   #4433
Senior - BHPian

Tata Nexon price hiked by up to Rs 11,000: Five diesel variants discontinued

Tata Motors has increased the prices of this SUV by up to Rs 11,000, depending on the variant. Moreover, five diesel variants of this sub-4-metre compact SUV has been discontinued and are no longer on sale in the country. Prices of the Tata Nexon now range between Rs 7.29 lakh – Rs 13.34 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.

The diesel range of the Tata Nexon now starts from the XM variant as the base-spec XE variant is no longer on sale. Tata Motors has also discontinued the XMA, XMA (S), XZ, and XZA+ (S) diesel variants of this sub-compact SUV.

Source
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 16:30   #4434
BHPian

Guys got my 3rd major service done recently on my Nexon XZ+ Petrol and the experience was somewhat shocking. Shocking in the sense that some parts where required to be replaced altogether even when my car was not that old. Made me apprehensive about the internal quality of the parts used in Nexon.

It all started when my car didn't start at all after 2 days staying in garage. Initially I thought lights or music system might had been switched on for 2 days as my son often tries to play in the car when its in garage , so that has drained the battery. My car is just 3 years old and battery should hold well for at least a year before it starts giving trouble. I had to jump start it and the car worked fine after that. Fast forward 2 months and again my car refused to start. This time I was sure battery is giving trouble but once I jump started it, all the issues went away.

Just last week took my car for service and told them about the experience I had while starting the car. They said they have noted it down and will check if any lose canons have been induced. It was during the checkup I was informed about the issue my car was facing. I was shown a spark plug which had gathered rust after only 3 years which was reducing the induction current to other spark plugs. I asked them how could this happen and they had no answers how and why did this happened but they did tell me I am lucky to get it checked early as it could had damaged the engine. Enclosed is the pic of the faulty and rusty spark plug.

You all can see the rust covering the spark plug which was reducing the potential of the current passing onto the car. Now my question is has anybody else faced such an issue so far or I am one of those unlucky people to experience it. Moreover should this happen to a car which is used not frequently and is only 3 years old. I owned a Hyundai i20 for 9 years and never experienced this issue in the car. So I wish to know has anybody else faced this issue ever in Nexon or any other car.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-pxl_20211005_083234402.jpg  

Syed Monis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st December 2021, 19:30   #4435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
. My car is just 3 years old and battery should hold well for at least a year before it starts giving trouble. I had to jump start it and the car worked fine after that. Fast forward 2 months and again my car refused to start. This time I was sure battery is giving trouble but once I jump started it, all the issues went away.
My car Nexon petrol will complete 3rd year on 6th Dec. I had faced battery and cold start related problems 5 months ago, which I feel is premature deterioration of a car battery considering we get four years pro rated warranty on new batteries.
I got the battery replaced without visiting Tata service center.
I haven't faces any issue with the spark plugs though, so unable to comment.
Old 1st December 2021, 21:05   #4436
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post

You all can see the rust covering the spark plug which was reducing the potential of the current passing onto the car. Now my question is has anybody else faced such an issue so far or I am one of those unlucky people to experience it. Moreover should this happen to a car which is used not frequently and is only 3 years old. I owned a Hyundai i20 for 9 years and never experienced this issue in the car. So I wish to know has anybody else faced this issue ever in Nexon or any other car.
Please consult the owners manual for the recommended interval to replace spark plugs. You will get an idea.

I suspect that the spark plug on your i20 would have been changed without you making note of it.
Old 1st December 2021, 21:09   #4437
BHPian

@Sayed are you sure this is the spark plug?, This is not, please provide the correct picture to comment.
Old 1st December 2021, 21:12   #4438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
@Sayed are you sure this is the spark plug?, This is not, please provide the correct picture to comment.
This is not a spark plug. It's an ignition coil. The ignition coil is what provides the large amount of current required to produce a spark in a very short period of time. I am still not able to figure out how a bad ignition coil can cause battery drain, since it only comes into action once the car is running. A bad coil at best can cause severe misfiring and jerking.

I would suggest the O.P keeps a close eye to see if this issue is well and truly sorted.
vishy76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2021, 12:49   #4439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
This is actually the coil through which current is passed to Spark Plug. Its known as Ignition Coil actually. Since the coil was rusted the minimum required current for the spark plug was not being generated as per the service advisor thus causing my car to stand still without getting switched on.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd December 2021 at 09:55. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Old 3rd December 2021, 15:21   #4440
BHPian

Guys I am in need of a few accessories for my Nexon but unfortunately have not been able to find them at any TATA Service Centre. I am looking for the tyre monogram with 'T' sign engraved on it for my right rear tyre of Nexon. Attached is the pic of what exactly I am looking for. Also does anybody know from where can I get parcel tray latch or lock for my Nexon. The latch which is fixed near the C pillar has come off and is broken now so cant lock my Parcel tray onto that latch. Asked the service center guys and they say its difficult to find anywhere as they dont have it either. Can anyone help me with that please. Online or 3rd party vendors if providing anywhere kindly let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-pxl_20211124_084437246.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-pxl_20211124_084450210.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks