Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 16:54   #4441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
Since the coil was rusted the minimum required current for the spark plug was not being generated as per the service advisor thus causing my car to stand still without getting switched on.
Was this ignition coil replaced under warranty or did they charge you if the car was out of warranty ?
Old 3rd December 2021, 18:00   #4442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am in need of a few accessories for my Nexon but unfortunately have not been able to find them at any TATA Service Centre. I am looking for the tyre monogram with 'T' sign engraved on it for my right rear tyre of Nexon. Attached is the pic of what exactly I am looking for.
This is what you are looking for.
Product Link - Boodmo.com - Alloy wheel hub cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
This is not a spark plug. It's an ignition coil.
Quote:
This is actually the coil through which current is passed to Spark Plug. Its known as Ignition Coil actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Was this ignition coil replaced under warranty or did they charge you if the car was out of warranty ?
The ignition coil design & obvious location for the purpose mean its exposed to very high temperature of the engine which would induce rust. However - what disappoints me is that TML doesn't think its necessary to use materials that do not rust at the engine's operating temperature.
This is not at all a first or rare occurrence. I have seen/heard of this happen in quite a few Nexons over the last year.
It will get replaced in initial warranty of the car. It is NOT covered under extended warranty. Typically these rust issues seem to appear after the first 2 years, when the OEM warranty is over.
[Edit - P.S.- Reported the post to be merged with previous one to mods.]

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd December 2021 at 18:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 20:00   #4443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
This is what you are looking for.
Product Link - Boodmo.com - Alloy wheel hub cap

The ignition coil design & obvious location for the purpose mean its exposed to very high temperature of the engine which would induce rust. However - what disappoints me is that TML doesn't think its necessary to use materials that do not rust at the engine's operating temperature.
That is what my point is. I didn't see these kind of issues for atleast 5-6 years in my other cars like i20 and Eon and they are already over 8 to 8 years old. Running flawlessly without any need for change in any parts due to rust and all. This is really worrying for Nexon owners since this issue crept up after only 3 years of usage and i keep my car up to date and clean always.
I expect similar issues in other TATA cars like Altoz and Tiago too which does not bode well for the brand. It cost me around 1700/- for that bad ignition coil and i guess my car being 3 cylinder motor it is supposed to have 3 coils but at the moment only 1 had turned bad luckily.
Moreover my bigger concern is if the ignition coil had turned bad why didn't the engine check light remain on till my coil was replaced. It should turn on surely for bad ignition coil i guess.
Old 6th December 2021, 13:04   #4444
BHPian

Hi BHPians,
I have booked my first car and after a lot of deliberation, we decided on a Nexon XM(A)S petrol.
The factors behind this were
1. Smooth ownership and service experience of tata Tiago by my father
2. Needed an Automatic as the mandatory requirement and Nexon was the affordable compact SUV. Budget was limited to 11lakhs maximum

I booked it on 2nd November and have been given delivery date as 2nd Feb. The insurance was quoted to be 42k which came down to 31k after I told that policybazaar is giving the same at 28k.

Can someone help me with the mandatory checks that I should have before taking delivery of the car including any PDI?
Also, I am planning to get BH series registration, since I work with a PSU. If anyone has done that, would love some guidance on the same.
Old 6th December 2021, 13:54   #4445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
Hi BHPians,
I have booked my first car and after a lot of deliberation, we decided on a Nexon XM(A)S petrol.
Welcome to TBHP and congratulations on your new car. Wish you a quick delivery and great ownership experience ahead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
Can someone help me with the mandatory checks that I should have before taking delivery of the car including any PDI?
The very exhaustive PDI checklist is available on TBHP here - TBHP PDI Checklist PDF.
The list is so exhaustive, that one tends to omit some points on need basis. I don't think there is anything left to check other than this that we can add.

Have a look. Try to cover as many points from it as possible. Take some care not to frustrate the team at the yard too much, they tend to be busy now a days due to never-before sales numbers of TaMo cars. Handle them gently to get all your points addressed without hassle .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 11:01   #4446

Hello BHPians,

After careful consideration(and some convincing), we have finally booked our first brand new car, the Tata Nexon XZ+(S) Petrol in white. Delivery has been stated for around 15 February.

I would like to thank every member on this forum for all your valuable inputs. This helped us form a solid opinion about the car which came in handy while deciding the final option.

Big thanks to all the distinguished and senior members of the forum. Your advice proved to be the turning point in our car buying journey.

One small help, could anyone please help me out with the 'BH' series in Bangalore? Although it hasn't been introduced in Karnataka yet, the car is still some time away and also my father works in a PSU, so he's eligible for the series.

I will post the detailed experience once we get the car delivered.

Thanks and cheers!
Old 7th December 2021, 13:07   #4447

I am fully satisfied Nexon owner took delivery 3 months back. Looks like some of the Nexons had a bad tailgate link, the tatamotor's technician came to the office for replacing it. Kudos to TASS.

Name:  nexon service.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  136.8 KB

Better to be nearby when giving the car for service., the 12V socket was not working, TASS corrected it in the first service. But they used a metal screw driver to pry-open it now has all kinds of scratches.

I had few scratches from latest trip to kasuli with a black ecosport. Luckily it was cleared by buffing with a rubbing compound.
Name:  IMG_20211205_195256.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  123.5 KB

Mine is a RED Nexon, Does ceramic coating help..? Kindly advice..
Name:  IMG_20211205_194320.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  116.6 KB
raghav182001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 21:25   #4448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronix View Post
Hello BHPians,

After careful consideration(and some convincing), we have finally booked our first brand new car, the Tata Nexon XZ+(S) Petrol in white. Delivery has been stated for around 15 February.

One small help, could anyone please help me out with the 'BH' series in Bangalore? Although it hasn't been introduced in Karnataka yet, the car is still some time away and also my father works in a PSU, so he's eligible for the series.
Congrats!

You can follow up this dedicated thread on BH registration.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nother-27.html (New "BH" series registration | For cars getting transferred from one state to another)
Old 8th December 2021, 13:39   #4449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronix View Post
Hello BHPians,

Hope this helps
Old 10th December 2021, 16:25   #4450

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchand View Post
I am facing a peculiar issue with my January 2021 Nexon XZ+ petrol. This issue started coming after the first service.
I could reproduce the issue in front of service person after keeping the car stationary for a few days. As it turns out, the sound was coming from the rear left tyre. They replaced the rear left brake assembly and delivered the vehicle back to me. I am planning to keep the vehicle in observation for a month with couple of long drives to see if the issue recurs.
hchand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 23:00   #4451
BHPian

Hello Fellow Nexon users,

I own a Nexon XM, which means, no rear wipers and no rear parking assist camera either. So, during the rains, the rear windshield is almost opaque. I do have a rear facing dashcam, but, since it is installed inside the car, the view from that is also absolutely useless.
What solutions do you propose and use for your car?
I made a thread on this topic, here on tbhp, and the top recommendation seems to be, stop and wipe the rear windshield often to keep it usable (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...indshield.html (Rainwater accumulation on rear windshield))
While this may be the easiest solution out there, it is not always feasible. So, what do you do handle this issue on your Nexon?
Old 12th December 2021, 09:29   #4452
BHPian

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions. First question is related to a minor scratch on my car. To months into my purchase, I scratched my left rear car door on the lower part of the door. I got it repaired at a Tata service center in Bangalore. In the service report, this was recorded as accident. Is this the correct way to classify this? I just scratched my door on a road side curb and the repair cost me four grand. Calling it an accident seems excessive, and I am worried if this will somehow adversely affect the value of the car should I decide to sell it in future.

Second question related to insurance. My insurance expires next month. My current policy if from HDFC ERGO. It will expire next month. Any suggestions for insurance? I haven't claimed anything in the first year. How much should the NCB be? I would like basically everything to be covered as in my original policy. Suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by alphasri : 12th December 2021 at 09:30.
Old 12th December 2021, 10:48   #4453
BHPian

Drove a friend's petrol manual Nexon (facelift) for about 25 km yesterday in a variety of conditions. The car had done 6,000+ km when I drove it.

Engine: The sound of the engine is disappointing - the typical 3-cylinder thrum annoys. Reviewers have said a lot about its refinement and I expected it to be much worse than it actually turned out to be. (For perspective, I drive a pre-facelift 2017 1.3L Diesel S-Cross.) The engine pulls well. Despite the presence of the turbo, the power delivery is linear. The turbo seems to make an otherwise gloomy engine feel normal. There is, however, a little punch and excitement (just a little) in the mid-range. Therefore, if you aren’t used to driving small-capacity turbo petrols, it is likely that you will push it a little more than fuel economy would recommend. For the same reason (linear power delivery), it isn't exciting because there's no sudden boost of power. But you can’t have your cake and eat it too. The Eco mood is surprisingly usable and sufficient. Overall, no complaint whatsoever, but it might not be an engaging or exciting experience. Maybe it thus hits a sweet spot.

Transmission: The clutch is light but feels odd. It seems to be a little heavy at the top/ beginning of its range of motion. It then hits the biting point hard, and then just collapse in a freefall after that. The biting point is so pronounced that it feels like the lever actually turns around an angle at that point. There is also a little too much travel after the biting point. However, I got used to it very quickly, and it doesn’t really feel inconvenient or problematic. It just has weird character. The clutch feels strong though: It can pull you out of steeper inclines with less effort than you’d expect. The transmission is efficient but rubbery. It doesn’t slot well. You're often not quite sure if you've slotted into a gear or, indeed, into the right gear. I never missed a gear, but I never felt quite sure. The lines between the 3rd and 5th gears are particularly blurry.

Steering: The steering is frighteningly light at low speeds. In fact, when I began driving it, I thought to myself, "Oh no; don't tell me this is like a Hyundai." But the moment you gain some speed, boy does it become nice, heavy, steady and firm! I wish it was a little heavier and had a little more feedback at lower speeds. But overall, it is good.

Handling: Considering its dimensions, it handles well. However, there is some body roll. I felt it especially because I drive the S-Cross which, relatively, is low-set and hugs the road. I suppose you pay for 209 mm of ground clearance with some body roll. If you're used to a sedan or a low hatchback, you'll be disappointed and disoriented by the body roll. But, again, for its dimensions, it is acceptable.

{Talking about dimensions, a friend of mine (a little over 6 feet tall) picked the XUV300 over the Nexon. One of his reasons was that he couldn’t get into the Nexon unless he was very careful as he would hit his head on the roof. I wonder if the A-pillar is more acutely inclined towards horizontal to ensure that a car with 209 mm of ground clearance isn’t an aerodynamic nightmare.}

Ride Quality: The ride quality is excellent! It absorbs rather substantial undulations with aplomb and without fuss. It deals with all kinds of undulations equally well – rough/ cracked roads, big and small potholes, unscientific speed-breakers, etc. The high ground clearance is a luxury too.

The ride-handling balance is good. But, if I were to be particular about my preferences, I’d have liked a slightly firmer suspension for better handling and would have accepted the slightly worse ride.

Interiors: The interiors are good and sufficient. But they are not entirely tasteful and are not as utilitarian as they could have been. So much has been said about the misuse of valuable real estate with the drive modes knob. The reviewers who talk about the glove compartment being huge weren’t kidding. If I were to be pedantic, I’d complain that the space is contributed to mostly by depth and not super-normal height. The aesthetics of the panel on which the AC controls sit don’t feel good. It feels like things are missing. But, overall, the interiors seem good at this price point in the light of the whole package.

Seat comfort: The rear seats are extraordinarily comfortable. The shape of the seat accommodates you very well. Under-thigh support is really impressive. (I’m thin and a smidge under 5’ 9”.) The front seats are good too; they support the back well, particularly the lower back and the small of the back. The lumbar support has been configured well. (Needless to say, no lumbar support adjustment on offer.) Under-thigh support on the front seats could have been better, but you can't really complain. Long drives on any of the four and a half seats should be comfortable.

Exteriors: I don’t think I have too much value to add on this. I do, however, fall decisively in the group who don’t like the off-white ceramic line on the sides and the rear. The car I drove was foliage green.

All in all, a good (if not exciting) package.
naadopaasaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 11:22   #4454
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove my sister in law’s brand new Nexon Petrol AMT a for about 25 kms yesterday - a mix of roads with very light traffic to moderate traffic.

Why the Nexon?

My sister in law and her husband were looking to replace their Dzire - and were keen on a sub 4 m car mainly because of the limited open parking in their building and also at my sister in law’s place of work. They love long highway drives (the kind who wake up in the morning and head out to Goa or even Mysore from Bombay) and my sister in law drives from New Bombay to Powai every day - so safety played a key role. The Venue and Sonet were eliminated on the basis that if the Seltos has a bad crash rating, these would likely be worse. While I had warned them about the slow gear shifts in an AMT, we quickly realised that bar the Sonet DCT, there were no other good gearboxes in the segment - and so Nexon AMT it was. My sister in law did test drive the Sonet too - and felt that the shift lags on the Nexon were acceptable to her.

How was it to Drive?

I took the wheel at the beginning of Palm Beach Road and drove down towards Seawoods. I had not started with high expectations for the shifting - but must say it startled me initially - you can almost start counting when it changes gears before the power starts flowing again. However, I quickly got used to that, and once you are used to it, it does not seem like such a big deal. Apart from that, the car was very smooth to drive - it held 5th gear for a long time and very happily let me keep up with the traffic.

The engine was not excessively noisy and especially in sports mode, the car stayed in its power band very consistently. I did not wring the car, but it was still reasonably quick and did not feel short of power while overtaking. Also drove in City mode, the difference in throttle response and shift positions in very perceptible - I suspect that if I had this car, I would use it mainly in sports mode.

Leg room was good - my son was sitting behind me and did not crib about the lack of knee room, and I did not feel his knees in my back either.

Air conditioning was fantastic - had us freezing very quickly, and we soon moved the temperature up to 24 degrees C.

The music system was very good too, and easily fills the car with sound.

I liked the fit and finish (bar perhaps the horn pad of the steering wheel).

Overall, a very creditable car - and am not surprised why it sells nearly 10,000 units a month. It Tata Motors plonked a TC gearbox in here, I think it would be almost perfect.
Hayek is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2021, 02:16   #4455
BHPian

Hello,

I have finalised to buy NEXON XMA and booked it through Lakshmi Tata, Guindy, Chennai. Waiting for the confirmation on the allocation. In the meanwhile, I have started looking for the following accessories, but I am not able to find the place from where I can buy them, a reliable source in Chennai. Can anyone please help.

I have seen ShivamK11 and Reinhard suggesting Hypersonic touch screen and other brands that will be the correct in Nexon XMA. If anyone can help with the model number and place I can buy, it will be very helpful.

Second one is Floor Mats. Which brand and price range (will be helpful)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pradeep A
pradeepnair is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks