Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2022, 17:47   #4471
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Nexon is the top selling suv for Dec 2021

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ta...a-creta-50385/

Quote:
The company sold 12,899 units of the Nexon last month, recording a massive Year-on-Year growth of 88.7 percent. Tata had sold 6,835 units of the compact SUV in the same month last year.

What’s interesting is that the Tata Nexon is the fourth highest selling car in December 2021. Maruti Suzuki sold 19,729 units of the Wagon R, 15,661 units of the Swift and 14,458 units of the Baleno.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 19:14   #4472
BHPian

Dear owners I am seeing multiple posts on YouTube where owners are facing a engine locked problem. Can anyone shed light on why this happens and if this is a fault or security feature?
Old 5th January 2022, 22:08   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
Dear owners I am seeing multiple posts on YouTube where owners are facing a engine locked problem. Can anyone shed light on why this happens and if this is a fault or security feature?
Never heard of this problem and never faced it. Can you please elaborate?
I am driving 2018 Nexon Petrol.
Risky4327 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 09:26   #4474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky4327 View Post
Never heard of this problem and never faced it. Can you please elaborate?
I am driving 2018 Nexon Petrol.
Being a prospective Nexon customer I cant offer first hand experience. But that is the very reason of my post. there are several posts on youtube with this issue. I just wanted the opinion of the experienced owners and members of the forum on this. Trying to share some youtube links here to illustrate.

As i meant earlier is this an issue or just something that is due to the fault of an inexperienced owner?
Old 6th January 2022, 10:50   #4475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Being a prospective Nexon customer I cant offer first hand experience. But that is the very reason of my post. there are several posts on Youtube with this issue. I just wanted the opinion of the experienced owners and members of the forum on this. Trying to share some Youtube links here to illustrate.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IdcDTUeGKXg
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=kjbx5oL2vTQ
There is no such thing as "engine lock". Its the decades old security feature called engine immobilizer, which is working as expected. What was easily evident in the 1st/2nd video - the car has run out of battery so enough cranking power is not available to start the engine. The 3rd video got boring in some seconds, so didn't bother checking it. Nevertheless - there is no such issue as "engine lock" in the Nexon.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 13:51   #4476
BHPian

Quote:
There are several posts on Youtube with this issue. I just wanted the opinion of the experienced owners and members of the forum on this.
On the number of posts, I think the Youtube recommendation engine might have more to do with it than the actual issue/feature in itself. Just the way it feeds us more and more cat videos even if we watch one by accident.
red_nemesis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 13:22   #4477
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Tiago is being called as Lord Tiago. Is there any name Nexon got out there?
Old 7th January 2022, 14:29   #4478
BHPian

Hello all,

Today, I put my car for the 2nd free service after a short trip from the Rann of Kutchh. It was super dirty and had a few scratches here and there, no impacts or dents, but rather from thorns of bushes on the way to my wife's school and elsewhere.
As the SA was taking me through the paces of the things that would be checked during the servicing, he was selling the options of underbody rust, pain protection and ceramic coating quite a bit.
I reside in Vadodara, which is mostly quite dry, except for the rainy season, and my car is parked in an uncovered parking. I strive to clean the car once a week by myself, which is honestly, not adequate, but that is how it is, yet.

So, based on the experience of other owners, should I opt for these treatments? Any notable pros and cons.
Old 7th January 2022, 14:56   #4479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberKing_91 View Post
H
As the SA was taking me through the paces of the things that would be checked during the servicing, he was selling the options of underbody rust, pain protection and ceramic coating quite a bit.
Ceramic paint protection is quite a costly affair - and then - if you want to really get it done - do it from outside at a reputed vendor in the business, not at the ASC. Regular paint protection (Teflon they call it) - is not of any use really. So don't bother about that.

The car comes with anti-rust under-body treatment from the factory, as has been confirmed by multiple TASC representatives over the years. However - if you want, you can go for the thick rubber/tar like anti-rust coat from 3M / Wurth etc. While the anti-rust quality may be redundant, it does help a bit in further reducing external noise & provides a small extra layer from stone/rock hits on the under-body during driving.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 08:14   #4480

Quote:
As i meant earlier is this an issue or just something that is due to the fault of an inexperienced owner?
About three weeks ago, my Nexon refused to start all of the sudden. Perplexed, i called the SA of the ASS and he patched me up with someone in the workshop. His first question was whether I left the car unlocked. I indeed did leave the car unlocked for over two hours and he said that this is something they observed occassionally. He asked me to lock the car, wait for 2 mins and start the car (after unlocking obviously). The car started without any hitch and I have driven over a thousand kms without this issue. He was mentioning about some anti theft feature but I am guessing this is the immobilizer in action. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Viswa
rampalliviswa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 08:40   #4481
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Our Nexon has completed 1 year of ownership. Details updated on the thread. Really happy to see well built and aspirational products from our domestic manufacturers.

The most shocking part was knowing that the annual maintenance cost = cost of renewal of IRA (connected car feature) subscription.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 10:47   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampalliviswa View Post
About three weeks ago, my Nexon refused to start all of the sudden. Perplexed, i called the SA of the ASS and he patched me up with someone in the workshop. His first question was whether I left the car unlocked. I indeed did leave the car unlocked for over two hours and he said that this is something they observed occassionally. He asked me to lock the car, wait for 2 mins and start the car (after unlocking obviously). The car started without any hitch and I have driven over a thousand kms without this issue. He was mentioning about some anti theft feature but I am guessing this is the immobilizer in action. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Viswa
Can you please clarify? I believe you had the key with you when you tried to start the unlocked car. The car immobiliser feature works in a way that when the key is away from the car, it won’t let you start the car. But in your case, I believe you just left the car unlocked and then when you were starting it, the car should have started given the key was in range.
In my view, the immobiliser feature somehow did not detect that your key was in range and hence the engine did not start.
Others viewpoint would also be insightful ok this
Old 8th January 2022, 21:47   #4483
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Just confirmed from my sources that Tata is planning to launch the CNG variant of the Nexon in this quarter. But the launch could happen as early as by this month end.
ram87pune is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 15:47   #4484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
I expect similar issues in other TATA cars like Altoz and Tiago too which does not bode well for the brand. It cost me around 1700/- for that bad ignition coil and i guess my car being 3 cylinder motor it is supposed to have 3 coils but at the moment only 1 had turned bad luckily.
I have a 5 year old Tiago and there is no such rusting problem so far. Guess it might be limited to the Nexon.

Last edited by Sheel : 9th January 2022 at 17:13. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 9th January 2022, 17:25   #4485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed Monis View Post
You all can see the rust covering the spark plug which was reducing the potential of the current passing onto the car. Now my question is has anybody else faced such an issue so far or I am one of those unlucky people to experience it. Moreover should this happen to a car which is used not frequently and is only 3 years old. I owned a Hyundai i20 for 9 years and never experienced this issue in the car. So I wish to know has anybody else faced this issue ever in Nexon or any other car.
I had my Nexon XMA petrol delivered on May 2020. Within the first month itself, I noticed a power loss and the check engine light kept flashing. The service center guys informed this as an issue with one of the ignition coil and they got it replaced as the vehicle was under warranty.

Last week, i noticed the same issue and I notified the service advisor(this time, a different service center). He checked and informed me that the spark plug was at fault resulting in the issue. I informed him about the previous instance where ignition coil had an issue. However, he told that the issue is with spark plug and we need to change all the three. With no other option, I agreed. Later on, he called me and said that the issue persists and is happening due to the faulty ignition coil. They have ordered an ignition coil and are waiting for it to get delivered.

I'm unhappy with the whole situation. Ignition coil going bad twice in the span of 1.5yrs is quite unacceptable.

1. What can we do here? Should I escalate this to Tata?
2. Also, they are charging me for the spark plug replacement. If the spark plug going bad was due to the faulty ignition coil, then this should also be covered under warranty. Right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks