Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2017, 19:08   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
One observation, the car looks jacked from the rear and the exhaust end can sticks out like a sore point. It should have been hidden under the bumper and the bumper should have been extended down by another 6 inches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
The exhaust can which was a matter of great discussion in the beginning doesn't look out of place.
I read this in office and while returning home, as luck would have it, saw a grey XZ on the road. It was ahead of me for some time during which I checked the exhaust end can and found it to be much better concealed. This end can was similar to that found on Zest (D).

The ugly end can that I saw on a different car earlier was probably the petrol. I checked this on thread and my observations are same as those posted on the Nexon test mule thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4123108
Old 5th December 2017, 19:57   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I drive 40Km every day covering almost half of OMR - chennai's IT highway. This stretch is filled with mostly new cars only. I am yet to encounter a nexon except at the tata showroom. I have a colleague who was among the first bookings, will need to check with him what happened
I too commute extensively in Chennai, and yes, Nexon is very hard to spot on the road, even other decently successful cars like tiago are rarely spotted!

Guess TATA needs more image building down south, plus service seems to be very poor! Suggested zest to one of my friend, now his car seems to have issue with the infotainment system for a very long time, even after countless visits the issue remains the same. I bought swift few months before him and I do feel bad when he points out how my ride is doing better

My ride is less VFM, has poor rear seat space and so on, but at the end of the day, customer wishes for a product that works well, not the product that has more but does less.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 19:59   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata sold 4163 Nexon in the month of November
That's an impressive number! Just hope it stabilises around 5k units
Old 6th December 2017, 00:31   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
That's an impressive number! Just hope it stabilises around 5k units
I think this will drop a bit in December because many people prefer to get the car registered during the start of the new year to save on a year's depreciation. And also there is zero discount/freebies on Nexon. So the motivation to register a car during December is a bit less. Unless someone has a compelling reason.
Old 10th December 2017, 10:31   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
I think this will drop a bit in December because many people prefer to get the car registered during the start of the new year to save on a year's depreciation. And also there is zero discount/freebies on Nexon.

So the motivation to register a car during December is a bit less. Unless someone has a compelling reason.
It shouldn't actually happen with a vehicle that has a waiting list.

Old 10th December 2017, 12:11   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
I think this will drop a bit in December because many people prefer to get the car registered during the start of the new year to save on a year's depreciation.
With a 3% hike rumours going around in Whatsapp group, I believe that itself can be a motivator as Tata cars anyway do not have resale comparable to Maruti ones. I am sure the hike for Nexon shall be somewhere around mid January as 2017 stocks will be lapped up by then.
Old 12th December 2017, 02:19   #442
BHPian

I got an official confirmation that prices will be increased up to 25k for the Nexon with effect from 01st January.

Prices will be increased by around 3% across the Tata stable.
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 06:30   #443
Senior - BHPian

It's december and there are mouth watering offers of every car except the compact SUVs, mostly diesels. A pointer to which segment will rule, till the inevitable invasion of the electrics.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 09:35   #444
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Varun Sharma for sharing!

Quote:
I spotted heavily camouflaged Dark Blue Tata Nexons in my home town Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh. They are testing the AMT in the hilly areas of Himachal on the way to Manali.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20171209_101946.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 06:46   #445
Senior - BHPian

Had to time to drop it off for the first service at Aadya! The car continues to perform well.

HAD ZERO ISSUES TO REPORT
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0738.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 12:46   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata has greenlit the Nexon EV project, which will be developed on the all-new AMP platform.

It will get a better-sounding Harman speaker system with a bigger-sized HU, among other goodies.

Expected to roll out after the BS-VI norms kick in.
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 12:58   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata has greenlit the Nexon EV project, which will be developed on the all-new AMP platform.
So that means the next generation Nexon will be launched in 2020. Will be based on AMP platform and would have an electric option at launch.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2017, 14:40   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big thanks to Varun Sharma for sharing!
I saw a Nexon test mule in Pune this morning (0830) near Wakad and came to this thread to check why there was a camouflaged Nexon still around.

Perhaps this one was a AMT as well?
Old 14th December 2017, 06:14   #449
Senior - BHPian

Nexon accessories are seriously bad. Mats, both rubber and fabric just fall apart. The velcro is history on first use. The car covers are poor, falling apart, not sure of the mud flaps. Seat covers look so cheap, not sure if anyone is using them. No fabric options. Apple designers are involved in everything the phone touches but Tata designers are just not carrying things forward. Puddle lamps are a joke and must have been picked up on some street deep in China. So are running board - illuminated decals. But nothing is cheap when it comes to price, in comparison to Maruti and Hyundai. Not sure whats happening here. Tata Motors needs to relook everything.

I'm happy with the boot mat. Chrome stuff is okay. And, no dealer stocks accessories (Concorde keeps some) as people are just not interested!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0775.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 07:08   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Puddle lamps are a joke and must have been picked up on some street deep in China. So are running board - illuminated decals. But nothing is cheap when it comes to price, in comparison to Maruti and Hyundai. Not sure whats happening here. Tata Motors needs to relook everything.
Interesting. Since Fortune Thane had not bothered to call me for the still undelivered accessories (puddle lamp and scuff plates) after almost one and half month after the car delivery, I called them up to inquire.

They told me that the accessories are not launched yet.
Seems like I am being taken for a ride. Sigh... Sales and service... achilles heel of Tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks