Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2017, 11:55   #451
BHPian

Well I guess this is why Tata cars don't sell well even after producing some good ones. Inconsistent experience really kills the joy of buying and ownership. Terrible.

I had not owned a Tata before. But looking at the comments, I would certainly think more than twice before putting my money on Tata.
Old 14th December 2017, 12:23   #452
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
Well I guess this is why Tata cars don't sell well even after producing some good ones. Inconsistent experience really kills the joy of buying and ownership. Terrible.

I had not owned a Tata before. But looking at the comments, I would certainly think more than twice before putting my money on Tata.
You will find such comments or worse pretty much on all threads of all cars. So, if you want to be objective, you need to look at the full picture and don't just decide on few comments.
prakash_ajp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 13:06   #453
BHPian

Quote:

Going by this logic, there would be no manufacturer on whom you would put your money for a car! These are minor aspects compared to horror stories from other brands present in this very forum!
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 15:02   #454
BHPian

Quote:

These are minor issues. The product itself is solid. Have owned the Vista in the past and it is still going strong. The Nexon is also shaping up quite well. (2500 km) I have realized that I haven't been feeling regretful or missing any particular functionality with the Nexon. For eg: if it was the Tiago, I would have been irritated everyday by the old fashioned knob door locks.
If I follow this up at regional office level, I am sure that it will be resolved.
If this was a leaking fuel line or something serious, I would have given the dealer a hell of a time. This accessory issue is actually very entertaining, as I enjoy reminding them of the contradictory statements they make about the availability of the accessories.
With Tata atleast I know if I am getting taken for a ride because they are not good with PR. With other brands, I would have my pants stolen and would not be even aware of it, in fact I would even pay for it.
As with any car brand, you have to have your own due diligence.
Kommandogerät is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 15:59   #455
Senior - BHPian

Comments on accesories should not be taken on the product itself, and you know I can vouch for it. The Nexon is a solid car. My wish is that Tata take this accessories issue seriously and get a better supplier, and that was the sole intention of pointing it out. The Nexon should make every Indian proud!

Quote:
Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 17:11   #456
BHPian

Nexon is a solid product. I am not denying it. However the ASS inconsistency simply kills it for me at least. The ASS are incompetent lot. They do tend to get lazy more often . Probably you will end up escalating more often than not. At least in Chennai, Tata ASS does not inspire any sort of confidence.

The experience with Hyundai or a Honda is lot different. It has more positives than negatives. At least that's what the team-BHP official review says.

Hence you still see people buying their cars without much of a thought. Although it's a different story that Honda suffers because of their portfolio and greed.

I owned a Toyota previously. So I am used to a top class ASS experience. Not sure if Tata can match my expectations. Quite honestly between Nexon and Verna, I am tilted towards Verna just for a peaceful ownership. These inconsistency and where a damaged Safari being sold as "new" simply doesn't not inspire any confidence in Tata.

These are my views based on different ownership reviews.
arunramaswamy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 19:09   #457
BHPian

Indeed, individual experiences cannot be generalized.

Having owned a Tata Manza in the past, and a Toyota Innova now, I have had a better service experience with Tata. Quite contrary to the "general"view. And Toyota aint "holy" either. They charge a super premium for their products, and we still have a "Toyota Innova Crysta niggles" thread. Maruti is known for its super customer service experience, and we have a "Maruti AMT woes" thread. A Skoda dealer has faked up the car model when selling.

Do not hold Tata alone for some random failure here and there. At least they price their products honestly (post the Aria debacle) and do not pretend to be "Holier than Thou".

That said, the last few posts (including mine) are completely off topic and we have a dedicated Tata Service experience thread to discuss this. We may want to stick to the product-related discussion here.
sachinayak is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 22:14   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Comments on accesories should not be taken on the product itself, and you know I can vouch for it. The Nexon is a solid car. My wish is that Tata take this accessories issue seriously and get a better supplier, and that was the sole intention of pointing it out. The Nexon should make every Indian proud!
Accessories wise, Tata lags miles behind.

I had problems with the Zest accessories. Not that Zest required many ( mine was a 2014 XM D, the 90 bhp one).

They didn't had seat covers, mudflaps and floor mats when I bought it in October, 2014.

In a month, I was called for seat covers and mudflaps.

They were more interested in selling me a Heads Up Display than these basic accessories.

That ails Tata.

I never regretted buying a Zest. Vehicle and service were and are top class but Tata need to bring themselves upto the mark.

Last edited by simplyself : 14th December 2017 at 22:15.
simplyself is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 12:51   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

The Nexon AMT spotted at a Tata dealership in Karnataka by an anonymous source.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20171215wa0001.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 13:04   #460
Senior - BHPian

Does Tata have any control over their dealers? KHT Bangalore is selling Nexon accessories in Black. Needed a Side Step and while every dealer is charging 14,800, KHT charge is 15,300. Had a closer look at their accessory prices (this is printed price list) and there is a significant mark up on every accessory. During launch KHT road tax component was also higher. Shouldn't it be uniform across dealers? No idea how this is allowed?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0865.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0206.jpg  

Old 15th December 2017, 14:45   #461
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Nexon AMT spotted at a Tata dealership in Karnataka by an anonymous source.
My guess: Concorde Dairy Circle. Looks like that from the pillars inside. Also, I dont expect the test vehicles to go to any other dealer in locations where Concorde is there
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 16:03   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Tata Nexon is on sale in India at a price of between Rs. 5.85 - 9.45 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

What you’ll like:
Appreciate the review of Tata Nexon, it came very well, thanks to the detailed points covered.

At first instance when I saw this vehicle from the side perspective and when I have a view from driver's seat, I get a feeling that I am sitting in my previous car, Indica Vista, because none of the other cars gave me that seating comfort in driver's seat and co-driver's seat. The door design flow interior/exterior also reminded me of the Vista's door profile. Rest everything changes on the dashboard, rear, handling, audio. There are enormous improvements over the previous vehicles released which is quite evident in fit and finish in Tata Nexon. For this - Three Cheers !!! for TATA.

When I observe closely, there exists a TATA DNA for the comfort and luxury. The design looks to be a start from scratchpad inherited from JLR designs, somewhere as a user I feel it co-relates to the Manza platform.

At first sight, I started liking the car, feel like buying it. I would prefer to write more on this car after taking a Test Drive on a long non-traffic route, understand it dynamics etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 15th December 2017 at 16:06.
Old 16th December 2017, 09:16   #463
Team-BHP Support

I sat in the rear seat of a stationery Nexon and boy o boy, the seat was super comfortable, had very good cushioning, I am sure that on long drives, the Nexon should be more comfortable than its counterparts. Most Tata cars are have very good seats and suspension too soaks up the bumps and irregularities nicely.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 14:57   #464
Senior - BHPian

Three months with the Nexon I feel its the complete car. Can any sedan/hatch touch this class at its price point I wonder. The first service done, the engine feels smoother. Earlier used only Sports mode but now Eco mode has got some grunt, using that mostly. Mileage moved up by 2KMPL to 18KMPL on Mid. Interior painted surface attracts scratches so had all painted surfaces wrapped by 3M Sanjaynagar (at my risk). First time they're doing it. Dont mind rewarding a car that behaves!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_0678.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 16:58   #465
BHPian

I am planning to buy ceramic coating solution from Amazon and apply on the shinny parts inside the cabin like the Grey and black parts on the dashboard.

Most Viewed