Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2022, 08:57   #4696
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPN_Liv2D View Post
Hi Nexon Users,

Could you please let know, why the Drivenext app in Infotainment shows the Overall Kms travelled as 9999.9kms max, and does not increase/count above that, even though the actual Kms shown in cluster exceeded 10k+ kms.

Regards,
JP Nathan

Hi JP Nathan,

What you are seeing on the infotainment is the trip-meter.
You can reset it for every trip and it is and will be limited to 9999.9 kms (comes from the analog meter days)

The instrument cluster is displaying the odometer, the total number of kilometres covered by the vehicle, which you cannot reset.

Hope this helps.

KA18
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 18:28   #4697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
My own Nexon has some sort of a problem that I need to tilt my steering very slightly to the right to keep the car straight. The service center checked and said everything is ok and good to go but still there is this issue. I am unable to get it rectified in any way.
I am also facing the same issue in my Nexon diesel XZ+(S). Service center folks simply said everything is ok and there is no issue.

Decided to live with it for now, as it is a very minor turn (just about a couple of degrees) - I’m pretty sure these guys will gift me with a new issue if I press on it and get the steering rack opened.
TwerkyC0ffee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 19:54   #4698
Senior - BHPian

Can't comment on this specifically but OEMs are known to give batteries that die between 2 to 3 years where as the replacement battery easily runs for 4 plus years (normal usage, non commercial). Exide has been pathetic in terms of life. I bought an Amaron inverter and an Exide. The Amaron is running even after 5 years of purchase (tubular batteries). But the Exide one died out in 2 years (it just failed). I had to replace the batteries as nothing could be done. The initial ones had only 2 years warranty and it failed in 25 months. I would prefer Amaron to Exide on any day.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 09:19   #4699

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
What you are seeing on the infotainment is the trip-meter.
You can reset it for every trip and it is and will be limited to 9999.9 kms (comes from the analog meter days)
KA18
Oh, ok thanks. So does it mean that, even though the Infotainment Drivenext states it as Overall, it still means that it is limited to 9999.9 kms and can be resetted. Any idea how to reset it.
As there is also Trip-A and Trip-B along with Current and Last trips available in the Drivenext App, which can be resetted from the Cluster itself.

Regards,
JP Nathan
Old 29th May 2022, 12:10   #4700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zignor View Post
The batteries supplied with car has 18 months warranty from invoice date, whereas the same battery outside comes with 55 months warranty. The health of this particular battery was checked in last service 3 months ago and it was all good as per SC.

4. Warranty period given for above is 30+25 months of purchased from market whereas Tata provides 18 months only.

9. SC charges around 7500 for the same battery which is available for cheaper in the market.
The above points do not seem to inspire Trust from a company that has built their reputation and brand on TRUST, in fact, it's quite the opposite. Tata seems to be hoodwinking the customer just like any other brand by charging more for the battery and giving so much less warranty when the same battery is having a higher warranty from outside.

Thanks for sharing this and opening the eyes of the consumers not to go by the brand name, but to read the fine print and do own research before blindly trusting companies. If a huge brand like Tata also can't be trusted what choice does the consumer really have?

Seems like they know their product had a battery draining issue while testing it. Instead of doing the right thing and fixing the issue permanently, they decided to lower the warranty period leaving the customer with a higher maintenance cost. What other correlation could be there for the battery failure just a few days after the warranty on the battery expires and the company providing a lower warranty on the battery compared to the open market.

Hope TATA does a better job in the military equipment they are manufacturing and are about to manufacture in future including airplanes. Those things cannot exactly be parked on the side in case known problems are masked by the company instead of being fixed.
Old 29th May 2022, 20:22   #4701
BHPian

Tata could have used it's own batteries (TATA GREEN) or an exide (not good in my opinion) but it didn't, and all the batteries that are made in India are mainly by the brand Amara Raja, parent company of amaron and produces Exide,luminous, and what not, which shows it care for the consumer, regarding battery price higher than outside prices, it has to be, everywhere it's the same, Hyundai,maruti, any brand you take, also why batteries?? same goes for tires, horn,bulb,wiper etc etc. Hell even the engine oil is costly in showroom compared to outside. Just buy an amaron from outside with highest warranty available. Always remember, what Tata gives can hardly be matched by any competitor. They are the producers of steel sheets, while others have to buy them at market cost, TATA Motors get them at production cost, that's why tata cars are cheaper compared to its rivals, surely their petrol engine needs work but I hope they move away from ice totally and shift towards ev, EVs just need powerful motors and it's easier to design a powerful motor than a petrol engine, you can implement a motor in any car, Tiago to Land rover but can't fit a Land Rover petrol engine in Tiago.
FASTLIFE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 20:51   #4702
BHPian

I booked Nexon White XZ+ on 3rd May and SA called me today and informed that a vehicle has been allotted to me and will reach Bangalore in 5 days.

This was really surprising as the quoted waiting period was 16 weeks and I am getting the car within a Month. I have even made a change in color on 10th May, not sure if this affects the allocation.

Although, I am happy......... had to cancel some Immediate travel to home and bear some hefty ticket cancellation charges :(

Received the Engine.No and Chassis.No from the dealer. I am planning to buy Insurance and get the fast tag by myself. Can I initiate these with Engine.No and Chassis.No I have?

Can someone tag the PDI list and associated tips please. I found the PDI sheet in a older thread, but can't seem to download it.
vamship is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:17   #4703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If rear parking camera is the only reason for XZ - I recommend to better go for XMA. Yes, installing a camera with view inside the IRVM is a very easy job and really any good accessories store will also do this installation. Not necessary to get it done frlm the dealership. Check with reputed stores near your place and get quote. If its cheaper than 7k (certainly will be), better get it done from them
Reinhard, I have booked the Nexon XMA BS6 petrol (White). I got the Wolfbox dash mirror cam and plan to get it installed from a FN accessories store. I've got 2 questions.

1. It is powered by an adapter that uses the 12V charger. Should I unplug the adapter every time I park the car? Does it consume any power at all when the car is switched off? Asking due to possible electrical mishaps and/or battery power drain. I won't be a daily user of the car.

2. I'm on the fence regarding placement of rear camera. I want to place it inside the car and avoid drilling a hole in the bumper. Though it records video, I'm not very particular about the quality if the camera is placed inside. My main usage of the rear camera will be for reversing the car. Your thoughts?

This is the cam I sourced:
(https://www.amazon.com/WOLFBOX-Mirro...s%2C309&sr=1-8)
trharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:41   #4704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
1. It is powered by an adapter that uses the 12V charger. Should I unplug the adapter every time I park the car? Does it consume any power at all when the car is switched off? Asking due to possible electrical mishaps and/or battery power drain. I won't be a daily user of the car.
I'd strongly recommend doing a concealed wiring into an EPS/IGN etc fuse in the cabin fuse-box using a fuse-tap. Don't route this into the 12V socket. It takes up one of the very few power outlets and also leaves an ugly wire running around, no matter how one tries.

The 12V socket in the Nexon, is not permanently powered (thankfully) and turns off after a while once you lock the car. So it won't pose any danger of power drain or fire hazard if you use it.
Quote:
2. I'm on the fence regarding placement of rear camera. I want to place it inside the car and avoid drilling a hole in the bumper. Though it records video, I'm not very particular about the quality if the camera is placed inside. My main usage of the rear camera will be for reversing the car. Your thoughts?
I haven't really seen the one you have bought in action anywhere personally, so can't comment much. That said - since the camera's image, lens configuration varies per model - best way will be to connect the wiring, and then checking the image output by holding the camera at various places. Don't decide first. Because you might end-up installing it in a really compromised position. Generally for a reversing camera - best place is at the center near the vertical middle of the bumper. That is of course true for the circular ones, that press-fit. The one in the product image seems to be the protruding type - which you'll need to install somewhere near the number plate or so, onto a top surface edge.

Again - do check the image from various places, and then decide the spot to fix it. Undoing a misplaced installation will be a pain later. If you place it inside the car near the rear windshield - I suspect under certain conditions of early morning / Sunset etc - you might get too much glare in the image as the light disperses/diffracts off the glass. More so if there is dust on the glass.

Last edited by Reinhard : 30th May 2022 at 17:45.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:58   #4705

Thank you Reinhard!!

Quote:
I'd strongly recommend doing a concealed wiring into an EPS/IGN etc fuse in the cabin fuse-box using a fuse-tap. Don't route this into the 12V socket. It takes up one of the very few power outlets and also leaves an ugly wire running around, no matter how one tries.

The 12V socket in the Nexon, is not permanently powered (thankfully) and turns off after a while once you lock the car. So it won't pose any danger of power drain or fire hazard if you use it.

I haven't really seen the one you have bought in action anywhere personally, so can't comment much. That said - since the camera's image, lens configuration varies per model - best way will be to connect the wiring, and then checking the image output by holding the camera at various places. Don't decide first. Because you might end-up installing it in a really compromised position. Generally for a reversing camera - best place is at the center near the vertical middle of the bumper. That is of course true for the circular ones, that press-fit. The one in the product image seems to be the protruding type - which you'll need to install somewhere near the number plate or so, onto a top surface edge.

Again - do check the image from various places, and then decide the spot to fix it. Undoing a misplaced installation will be a pain later. If you place it inside the car near the rear windshield - I suspect under certain conditions of early morning / Sunset etc - you might get too much glare in the image as the light disperses/diffracts off the glass. More so if there is dust on the glass.
'...I'd strongly recommend doing a concealed wiring into an EPS/IGN etc fuse in the cabin fuse-box using a fuse-tap.' Will most Accessories know this and do a good job? I mean is it routine and something that can't be messed up? I'm a noob in these matters. This is my first car and I'm worried about any possible fire hazard and battery drain. If you can point me to a photo of what it looks like, I'd be very grateful!

If this is a 'protruding' cam, and I install it outside, will I end up drilling a hole in the body or the bumper? I hope its the latter. From a sample Nexon image online, I can see that the number plate is on the bumper. And the top surface edge will also be part of the bumper?
Old 30th May 2022, 18:07   #4706

Quote:
Does the ' EPS/IGN etc fuse in the cabin fuse-box using a fuse-tap.' also turn off along with the car? OR after sometime like the 12V socket?

And having it going into the fuse as a permanent fixture, does it affect battery life over a time duration? Asking since the adapter can be unplugged from the 12V charger when the car is starting up.

Last edited by aah78 : 30th May 2022 at 18:26. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 31st May 2022, 19:04   #4707
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello @trharish77, apologies for the late response. Busy day in office!
Quote:
Will most Accessories know this and do a good job? I mean is it routine and something that can't be messed up? I'm a noob in these matters. This is my first car and I'm worried about any possible fire hazard and battery drain. If you can point me to a photo of what it looks like, I'd be very grateful!
Have a look at my post in another DIY thread to identify the EPS/Immobilizer fuse in the cabin fuse box.
(DIY: Auto-dimming IRVM install in my Tata Nexon)Link to post

Generally the accessory stores will NOT use a fuse tap. Instead - they'll simply twist the wire of the accessory at the base pin of the existing fuse, and push the fuse back in. It works and generally doesn't cause any mishaps as such. But the best way is a fuse-tap. Clean and definitely safer in every possible way.

You can procure it yourself & ask the accessory store fellow to use it. Its readily available on Amazon. Below is a link to the type that fits for the Nexon.

Link - Amazon product Listing - Fuse tap

Quote:
If this is a 'protruding' cam, and I install it outside, will I end up drilling a hole in the body or the bumper? I hope its the latter. From a sample Nexon image online, I can see that the number plate is on the bumper. And the top surface edge will also be part of the bumper?
Yes you'll need to drill small holes in the bumper, don't worry, its not a big deal. Yes - the Nexon number plate is on the bumper, and there is a plastic wedge above the plate as well.
Quote:
Does the ' EPS/IGN etc fuse in the cabin fuse-box using a fuse-tap.' also turn off along with the car? OR after sometime like the 12V socket?
Use the fuses mentioned in the post I shared above, those turn-off with the car.
Quote:
And having it going into the fuse as a permanent fixture, does it affect battery life over a time duration? Asking since the adapter can be unplugged from the 12V charger when the car is starting up.
No not really - because like I mentioned above, the fuses that I'm suggesting to use - are powered only when the car is in IGN or Engine ON mode. Not powered otherwise, so no battery drain possible. To ensure this - simply test after installation that the device turns off after the car is turned off & driver door is opened (that is when all electricals are switched off assuming the driver is now about to go home ).

Last edited by Reinhard : 31st May 2022 at 19:05.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 01:08   #4708

Hi All,
New to the group. I am located at Kolkata WB, and I was planning to buy the Nexon XZ+. Read so many horror stories of the after sales service of TATA that I am now on the fence about buying the car. Would like to know from some fellow nexon owners if the ASS has gotten any better with time? Also if we have any nexon owners from kolkata, will like to know a bit more about the best dealer and service center in town.
Alto4lyf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 11:10   #4709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alto4lyf View Post
New to the group. I am located at Kolkata WB, and I was planning to buy the Nexon XZ+. Read so many horror stories of the after sales service of TATA that I am now on the fence about buying the car. Would like to know from some fellow nexon owners if the ASS has gotten any better with time? Also if we have any nexon owners from kolkata, will like to know a bit more about the best dealer and service center in town.
Welcome to TBHP! The TASC was never as bad as it was perceived to be, at least in the tier 1-2 cities. I mean it has been and tends to be bad in places of course - but it is not specifically worse than others. They are all bad . Go ahead and buy the car you like (not necessarily Nexon i.e.). Trust me - having personally owned/maintained Suzuki, Tata, Hyundai, and having Hondas and VWs in the close family circle - I can easily say the ASCs are all the same. All equally incompetent. From my decade+ experience - TASC tends to be the most sensible in honouring warranties, and with the lowest chance of trying to inflate bills with unnecessary part changes when not needed, just because the customer is gullible.

At the end of the day - ASCs are profit making businesses. Its upto the customer to know about the basics of the car and ensure it is properly looked after and to stop unnecessary part changes. Thats common for all brands. Even for the costliest of Germans.
Reinhard is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:14   #4710

Mod note: Post trimmed, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks.

Quote:
Hello @trharish77, apologies for the late response. Busy day in office!
=====
To ensure this - simply test after installation that the device turns off after the car is turned off & driver door is opened (that is when all electricals are switched off assuming the driver is now about to go home ).
Thanks, Reinhard. I bought the fuse tap you suggested. Will take it along once the car is delivered. I went through your DIY guide and noticed you have used the #11 5A fuse. So, it is ok if I use some other fuse like the #12 10A IGNITION fuse. Correct?

Secondly the dash cam comes with a 12V charger plug unlike yours which has a pre-soldered 5A fuse. In this case, what's the best approach to sever the plug and add a fuse?

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd June 2022 at 12:54. Reason: Post trimmed, please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Thanks
trharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks