Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2022, 13:05   #4711
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
Thanks, Reinhard. I bought the fuse tap you suggested. Will take it along once the car is delivered. I went through your DIY guide and noticed you have used the #11 5A fuse. So, it is ok if I use some other fuse like the #12 10A IGNITION fuse. Correct?
Absolutely - you can use any suitable fuse. Thats one more benefit of using a fuse-tap. Makes it modular and swapping is easy.
So you can use the #12 fuse, and test with it. The one thing that you have to test is - that the fuse stops receiving power after the car is switched off and locked from outside. (I think #12 will be ok, but best to test.) Also - you can very much use the #11 5A fuse, it doesn't make any difference or cause issue to existing fuse and setup, especially for a tiny load like a dash-cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trharish77 View Post
Secondly the dash cam comes with a 12V charger plug unlike yours which has a pre-soldered 5A fuse. In this case, what's the best approach to sever the plug and add a fuse?
You don't need to have another fuse added. The fuse-tap has 2 slots for fuses. In the lower one (near the base pins) - insert the current fuse in the car. On the top one - it should have an existing fuse already in the package. Simply crimp the +ve wire of your camera into the red wire of the fuse-tap. It goes through the top fuse in the tap.

When you cut away the 12V socket - you'll have 2 wires. A +ve and a Ground. +ve one goes into the fuse tap. Ground wire to be hooked up to some bolt or screw in the car, thats fitted into metal parts of the body for grounding.

Last edited by Reinhard : 3rd June 2022 at 13:17.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 12:42   #4712

I have a Nexon XZ+ petrol, manual, which is 3 months old now, done 3200 kms so far.

Noticed an issue recently - while starting car every time, a lubricant / gas like smell comes from aircon vents. It goes away after a while, once you drive few kms with outside air mode /windows open or when you switch on AC. Again if you park car and restart, same issue occurs, until AC on - this smell is more pronounced if car was parked in hot sun.

Took it to the SC last week, on an input that it can be due to minor leak in cooling coil, and asked SC to check. That time no smell could be detected (havent we all faced this, not able to reproduce an issue exactly when needed !!). They told it may be due to unclean AC Air filter and cleaned filter and gave back, with feedback that filter was not in good condition for a 3 month old car and can be replaced soon. SC told no cooling coil issue and if there was any oil leak, residue would have shown on filter.
SC asked to give the car for a day to them to investigate, if the smell re occurs.

I drove over the weekend, parked in hot sun etc. The strong smell seems to have gone now, though I can detect a faint smell at times when car is started from stationary or AC switched off.

Anyone faced this problem or any inputs that can help?
Thanks !
Bijuba22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 21:21   #4713
BHPian

Re: Tata Dealership in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
A question for people in Pune:

Which Tata dealer is good to deal with? I have been in touch with Panchajanya at Warje and the experience is average. Test Drive car is hard to get. I have so far got 1 Petrol test drive after 2 in person visits and multiple follow-ups.

Hence wondering if there are other dealers where things are little better?
All are same more or less, and nowhere near to a Maruti or Honda dealer.
This dealership being a new branch, I have found them to be more customer friendly as compared to other established dealers.
diablo29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 10:47   #4714
BHPian

Anyone has any idea about "next-gen" Nexon that is supposed to come based on ALFA platform used on altroz and punch??
Old 7th June 2022, 11:00   #4715

Having owned a tata vista and indigo i can tell you most likely the problem is with steering rack. The quicker you are able get it replaced the better it is.

In my vista I had the same problem
1. They replaced shockers in the first service
2. Did numerous alignments and wheel balancing sessions
3. Replaced the steering column as the steering did not even come out.
4. When the still could not figure out replaced the entire steering assembly.

After 80000kms of running the problem came back to haunt me. But this time it was fixed quickly with replacement of a rubber part.

Also adviced is every 5000 to 6000 kms get your wheel alignment and balancing done. Tata cars need this . It's like keep a pedigree horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvrGivUp View Post
I got the Nexon XZA+ P in Feb 2021 and there is a slight pulling to left from the very beginning. Had been raising this concern in all the three services and yet the problem is not resolved.
Mandeep0172 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 11:33   #4716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Anyone has any idea about "next-gen" Nexon that is supposed to come based on ALFA platform used on altroz and punch??
This isn't coming any time soon. There was initially a plan to discard the X0(Indica, tiago) and X1(Vista, zest, Nexon) platforms and migrate to ALFA platform. But the current massive success of tiago and especially the Nexon aren't allowing them move from this. Tata has planned a coupe based on the X2 platform too. Means, they still want to put it to some more use.

But IMO, Tiago and tigor need a refresh. They need a generation change. Sales are gradually declining. They need to make it wider for 5 passengers.
Benoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 11:42   #4717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmathewcm View Post
Hello BHPians, a question to nexon owners. I own a bs6 nexon petrol variant and have a plan for an inter-state drive. I recollect reading somewhere that sports mode offers better fuel economy on the highways. Is this true?
Indeed. Although it may sound counter-intuitive but it seems Nexon Petrol does return best highway mileage in the Sport mode. We got first year (full) service done for Nexon XM (Petrol) in January this year. Afterwards we went for a road trip in February. Here is the MID and tankful-to-tankful mileage for a stretch of the trip (done fully in Sport mode):

MID mileage
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220215_112013.jpg

Tankful to tankful mileage
Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot_20220422060440255_com.kajda.fuelio.jpg

I guess, February temperature helped a little but mileage has surely gone up after the first full service. Last month we completed another 1500+ km summer trip to Yuksom, Sikkim (where road ends literally!). I drove entirely in the Sport mode and it returned impressive mileage for the given terrain. Of course, hill driving in the Sport mode works like a charm!

Our Nexon XM
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220212_155101.jpg
gmhossain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 13:27   #4718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

When you cut away the 12V socket - you'll have 2 wires. A +ve and a Ground. +ve one goes into the fuse tap. Ground wire to be hooked up to some bolt or screw in the car, thats fitted into metal parts of the body for grounding.
Thanks Reinhard, next step after delivery is to find a FNA store here in Bangalore who can help get all this done.
trharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 14:39   #4719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post
Having owned a tata vista and indigo i can tell you most likely the problem is with steering rack. The quicker you are able get it replaced the better it is.
Thank you so much for sharing the info. I do get "Katak Katak" sound sometimes which was weird as the car is just 1 year old. I was not sure if it was from the suspension or because of the steering. I mentioned this to the service manager and they ignored it as it comes occasionally and not an ever existing one. I was /am skeptical to ask them to look into it as I'm not confident about their workmanship. I don't want to make things worse. But, after reading your message I think there is some problem with the steering only. Thanks a lot. Will try to get it fixed.
NvrGivUp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 15:07   #4720

Hi all,

My new Kaziranga D manual has been driven 2,500km and pretty satisfied with the performance so far. Drove from Chennai to Courtallam, Kerala, Coimbatore, Munnar and then back to Chennai. Drove through Anna malai national park post 6pm for over 80km. That was thrilling and the car did support.

Overall felt solid. First 1,000 km was driving in varying speed 40-80 km and varying rpm. Once it touched 1,200 then exceeded 100kmph.

Was on a long drive so couldn't get to service centre around 1000km milestone. Needed some inputs from this group. Will be quite helpful.

1. My auto rain sensing wipers had a problem and now the service centre has been doing a lot of diagnosis and it appears there is something wrong with the wiring. They are still diagnosing as i write this. Except for the auto wipers, everything else works fine.

Anyone faced similar problems.?

2. second, i was told by dealer that the second digital key applicable for XZ+ O variants was delayed due to semi-conductor shortage and will take one more month. Anyone else is dealing with this issue. I find using a single digital key a risk. Any workarounds?

3. Was told by the mechanic that engine noise esp on high way due to air suction is common and its the same with Harrier as well and nothing can be done. is this the case?

4. On lower gears, i experienced vehicle jerks and the gear change was not smooth. I am aware this is common. The mechanic suggested that we use half clutch and half break to make the gear shift smooth in lower gears. Is this fine?
Old 7th June 2022, 15:36   #4721
BHPian

Hi,

What is the normal tyre pressure to be maintained in Nexon XZA+ model.
(Tyre Size 215/60 R16). As marked near the door it is 30psi.
I am using Michellin manual pump for air top up and there is 1 or 2 psi more compared to TPMS values.
During the recent long drive I have made it 32 as we were 3 passengers and full lugguage.
Would like to know from owners.
Old 7th June 2022, 18:05   #4722
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokarti View Post
4. On lower gears, i experienced vehicle jerks and the gear change was not smooth. I am aware this is common.
Rather than common, its more about getting used to the GB and engine behaviour with time. Slowly you'll start timing your gearshifts at better times, thereby removing any jerky behaviour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokarti View Post
The mechanic suggested that we use half clutch and half break to make the gear shift smooth in lower gears. Is this fine?
Change the mechanic urgently .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
What is the normal tyre pressure to be maintained in Nexon XZA+ model.
(Tyre Size 215/60 R16). As marked near the door it is 30psi.
I am using Michellin manual pump for air top up and there is 1 or 2 psi more compared to TPMS values.
During the recent long drive I have made it 32 as we were 3 passengers and full lugguage.
Recommended pressure for the 215/60R16 tyres on the car is 30PSI. However - if you often travel with 2 or 1 total occupants OR if your driving is more than 50% on the highway - I suggest you keep it lower. I always maintain my tyre pressure at 28-29 in fact. The ride is far less harsh and softer. Also - its a big NO to keep the pressure at 32 on a highway drive. The tyres & the air inside heat up significantly during a long, fast drive and the pressure increases much more. Absolutely don't ever fill more than 30 PSI. No benefits of it.
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:59   #4723
BHPian

Heard from a couple of users in WhatsApp group that the latest update is causing the battery to die and get damaged. I can imagine and update causing battery drain, but not killing the battery. Merely a coincidence?
Old 8th June 2022, 21:00   #4724

Nexon - Kaziranga - Manual Diesel. I checked the Distance to empty after tank full - it just barely touched 400km and fuel efficiency showed 10.5km/l . This is the first time i checked after driving 2600km and first service done.

Is this normal or the indicator should improve when we hit the highways?

On fuel, i have been using mix of Shell's premium Diesel which is atleast 15% premium and normal diesel from local outlets when traveling. What do experts recommend?
Old 9th June 2022, 12:10   #4725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijuba22 View Post
I have a Nexon XZ+ petrol, manual, which is 3 months old now, done 3200 kms so far.

Noticed an issue recently - while starting car every time, a lubricant / gas like smell comes from aircon vents. It goes away after a while, once you drive few kms with outside air mode /windows open or when you switch on AC. Again if you park car and restart, same issue occurs, until AC on - this smell is more pronounced if car was parked in hot sun.

Took it to the SC last week, on an input that it can be due to minor leak in cooling coil, and asked SC to check. That time no smell could be detected (havent we all faced this, not able to reproduce an issue exactly when needed !!). They told it may be due to unclean AC Air filter and cleaned filter and gave back, with feedback that filter was not in good condition for a 3 month old car and can be replaced soon. SC told no cooling coil issue and if there was any oil leak, residue would have shown on filter.
SC asked to give the car for a day to them to investigate, if the smell re occurs.

I drove over the weekend, parked in hot sun etc. The strong smell seems to have gone now, though I can detect a faint smell at times when car is started from stationary or AC switched off.

Anyone faced this problem or any inputs that can help?
Thanks !
Just wanted to check once again - if any one faced this issue or any inputs can be given on this issue of lubricant / gas like smell comes from aircon vents at start up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks