Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2022, 15:12   #4741

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hi,

My Nexon XZ+ Petrol is around 2000KM run and I am seeing vibration on vehicle and steering wheel when I cross speed around 105kmph. I have not faced this issue in initial 800KM of my highway journey. Out of my 2000KM run I have driven around 500KM on medicore/bad roads. Is the vibration of vehicle and steering due to Alignment and balancing problem? Or something else to be checked?

Please note that vibration is so bad that I couldn’t drive beyond 105kmph speed.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Old 19th June 2022, 23:45   #4742

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post
Hi,

My Nexon XZ+ Petrol is around 2000KM run and I am seeing vibration on vehicle and steering wheel when I cross speed around 105kmph. I have not faced this issue in initial 800KM of my highway journey. Out of my 2000KM run I have driven around 500KM on medicore/bad roads. Is the vibration of vehicle and steering due to Alignment and balancing problem? Or something else to be checked?

Please note that vibration is so bad that I couldn’t drive beyond 105kmph speed.

Thanks!

Thanks!
Hi, i was facing the same issue with mine btw 60-80kmph. Culprit was wheel balancing. They have added 300gms weight in each wheel and it sorted the problem. Please get it checked at nearby ASC.
yzfaddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 14:36   #4743

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfaddict View Post
Hi, i was facing the same issue with mine btw 60-80kmph. Culprit was wheel balancing. They have added 300gms weight in each wheel and it sorted the problem. Please get it checked at nearby ASC.
I have got Goodyear(215/60 R16) tyres with my vehicle, Do you have the same tyres?
Old 20th June 2022, 16:49   #4744

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post
I have got Goodyear(215/60 R16) tyres with my vehicle, Do you have the same tyres?
I have GoodYear 195/60.
yzfaddict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 12:29   #4745
BHPian

A mini-review of the Nexon (XZ+ P), petrol manual, after just a month and 600 kms.

Likes-

1. As small as you want outside, as big as you want inside .
2. Premium interiors with a pretty big feature list. Though we are always greedy and want some more features like powered seats, wireless charging, wireless Android Auto etc.
3. Solid feel and build.
4. Great view with the seat at its highest position, feels like being seated inside one of the tall boys like the Scorpio .
5. Decent power and pull. Yet to explore fully as there is a recommended running-in period of around 2000 kms.
6. Great seat comfort all over and a powerful AC.
7. Dealers are flexible. They don't care where we get the insurance from. And there are no handling charges.

Dislikes-

1. Bottle holders could have been a bit wider as only some selected types of bottles easily fit in. Or we need to place them awkwardly.
2. Cup holders missing outside, but present in the storage area and glove box.
3. Reverse gear. Can be a pain until you get used to slotting it and get used to slotting it without it getting dislodged on its own, while you are about to reverse!.
4. Missing seat back pockets!. Very silly!.
5. Only one cabin light!. At least should have been in the middle, if they were going to provide only one.

Last edited by Nalin1 : 27th June 2022 at 12:31.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 12:37   #4746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokarti View Post
Nexon - Kaziranga - Manual Diesel. I checked the Distance to empty after tank full - it just barely touched 400km and fuel efficiency showed 10.5km/l . This is the first time i checked after driving 2600km and first service done.

Is this normal or the indicator should improve when we hit the highways?

On fuel, i have been using mix of Shell's premium Diesel which is atleast 15% premium and normal diesel from local outlets when traveling. What do experts recommend?
Quote:
Originally Posted by prokarti View Post
Hi, anyone help clarify on the mileage after 1st service - on Manual diesel?

I am getting 10.5km/l only as per dashboard. I drive mostly in City mode. Anything i need to do differently? My car has run 2,600km now.

I have a XMA(S) petrol. The minimum reading shown is 8kmpl. In the city, it is difficult to get more than 10-11 usually. Also, the distance to empty is usually calculated on your mileage or a bit less than that. at 10kmpl, your distance to empty should be 440 ideally if you have a full tank.
Use the car on highways. My automatic car gives me around 15.5-16 on highways and over time my city mileage has also increased. Over 1600km, I have a mileage of 13.6 approx as on date.
Samrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 13:56   #4747

Hello everyone.

I wanted to purchase a dashcam for our Nexon, but I do not have any idea about the things I should look out for. Kindly help me out. My budget is around 5,000(maybe 6k if highly recommended).

Also, anyone from Bangalore please recommend a good detailing centre as I intend to apply ceramic coating on my car(heard that PPF is not advised for white cars).

Thanks.
Old 27th June 2022, 16:32   #4748
BHPian

Hi all,

Has anyone of you been able to connect your OnePlus mobile phone via Android Auto of Nexon's Harman HU?
Old 27th June 2022, 17:33   #4749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone of you been able to connect your OnePlus mobile phone via Android Auto of Nexon's Harman HU?
Hi

Yes. Mine's a OnePlus 7 and my wife has a OnePlus 7T.
I connect both the mobile phones without any issue to the Harman unit for using Android Auto.
Old 27th June 2022, 17:36   #4750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan_N View Post
Hi

Yes. Mine's a OnePlus 7 and my wife has a OnePlus 7T.
I connect both the mobile phones without any issue to the Harman unit for using Android Auto.
Thank you for your response!

That is great. It is a relief that it works. :-)

Do you use the official OnePlus USB A to C cable, or any random cable does the job?
SupratikDebnath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 17:48   #4751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
Thank you for your response!

That is great. It is a relief that it works. :-)

Do you use the official OnePlus USB A to C cable, or any random cable does the job?
I have a USB C type cable from the brand "boAt" and I usually use this for connecting to the infotainment system and it works without any issue.

I have also used the original type C cable from OnePlus and that too works seamlessly.
Sudarshan_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 18:04   #4752
BHPian

Dear all
I would like to report about a unique Issue that I faced with my Nexon XZ+ Diesel Manual twice and take your advice.
The car is a 2017 model and completed 32000 Kms.

I generally use City driving mode while within City limits.
While on the Highway I switch to Sport mode only when I see a free road.
But during couple of times while driving in Sport mode, the car suddenly starts accelerating really quick.
The other symptom I noticed is that although the Gear is in 6th gear, on the display it keeps showing as 5th gear and keeps accelerating or Revving higher.
Apologies if I am unable to describe it in more Technical terms.
This happened once 2 years back, and I had to stop the engine completely and restart it, and did not use Sport mode in the entire journey.

Now again 2 months back it again re-surfaced, and since then I have stopped switching to Sport mode at all.

Any advice on why this could be happening would be of great help so that will explain the same to SA during the Service due shortly. Thanks.
Old 27th June 2022, 18:16   #4753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
A mini-review of the Nexon (XZ+ P), petrol manual, after just a month and 600 kms.

Dislikes-

1. Bottle holders could have been a bit wider as only some selected types of bottles easily fit in. Or we need to place them awkwardly.
3. Reverse gear. Can be a pain until you get used to slotting it and get used to slotting it without it getting dislodged on its own, while you are about to reverse!.
5. Only one cabin light!. At least should have been in the middle, if they were going to provide only one.
1. I easily keep 1L bottles in the provided slots on the door pads. Yes. It is indeed placed at a different angle (45 degree ). But I find it pretty easy to use especially when driving. May be you'll get used to it.

3. Yes. Slotting into the reverse gear is not butter smooth. But it doesn't bounce back from the slot. Please check it with ASS.

5. Ahh. Yes. The cabin light doesn't illuminate the rear cabin at all. I am using a chargeable type LED light (something like this: https://www.amazon.in/Carrfan-Univer.../dp/B0861ZM69R) for this purpose.

Cheers
Happy Motoring
Sudarshan_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 20:11   #4754
BHPian

Thanks for the Amazon link!. Searching for something like this. First experience in a car without rear cabin lights and my hand keeps searching for a non existent switch .

I have not been able to figure out the HAC. Does it get activated on its own when stationary on an elevation? Or when the clutch is pressed? Or when first gear is slotted?
Old 28th June 2022, 11:43   #4755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
At what RPM do you generally drive in gear, and at what RPM do you shift up and down?
Generally around 2000 to 2,500

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks