Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 00:29   #4771
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hello Nexon Owners;

A quick question - What are the FE numbers for the Diesel AT version ? In city and in the highway ?

This is one of the cars on the shortlist and would like to have some real world numbers before a final decision is made.

TIA
Old 8th July 2022, 07:12   #4772
BHPian

I am taking the delivery of Nexon XZ+ this Sunday. Was interested in installing anti theft systems in the car however I am unfamiliar with what is compatible and also what comes from the company as standard ?
Could you guys shed some light on anti theft measures that can be placed in this vehicle keeping in mind that it doesn't defer warranty. (Can we get these kits installed at showroom/asc and that way keep our warranty intact) ?
Old 8th July 2022, 09:25   #4773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
Hello Nexon Owners;

A quick question - What are the FE numbers for the Diesel AT version ? In city and in the highway ?

This is one of the cars on the shortlist and would like to have some real world numbers before a final decision is made.

TIA
I own a Nexon Diesel AMT for 4.5 months now. My city figures are like 18-20 and high way 20-24. Lots depends on traffic/driving manners etc. Manual would give 2-3 more probably.

FE is decent, that shouldn't be a point of concern.

More than FE, importantly, take multiple test drives to understand the AMT behavior vs manual. This is a "AMT" not an automatic eyes closed.

In initial few weeks I thought I should have bought a manual. However you get used to it, learn how the AMT behaves. I have now grown over this and I love the car now.
maverickxx2006 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 10:02   #4774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
So I spoke to the service advisor and it seems some of the cars ARE facing this issue of creaks and squeaks. I will be holding on till my third free service, as its only another 1.5 months, and then see what diagnosis is made of the noise.

Having said this and, looking at complaints from others, it really brings one to the question that how are parts failing so early in such cars. As I said earlier, a brilliant car I would say the Nexon is, but these question their quality control.
I currently own a Swift Diesel and am due for next car. I am inclined to buying a Nexon and as such have been following up on this thread very closely. What I have observed id that after 3 to 4 posts I see one or the other owner facing one or the other issue. It seems as if the ownership experience of most of the owners is not niggle free which is resulting in me having second thoughts about the quality of the parts and owning a Nexon as my next car.
Old 8th July 2022, 17:48   #4775

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
It seems as if the ownership experience of most of the owners is not niggle free which is resulting in me having second thoughts about the quality of the parts and owning a Nexon as my next car.
I too was following this thread closely and I would have come to the same conclusion as yours if I hadn't experienced Nexon (owned by my parents) already.

I believe that most Nexon owners come to this thread only when there is an issue, not when their car is running as expected.

Let me break that trend and share my (very satisfying) buying experience of Nexon XZ+(P) Petrol Kaziranga Edition.

Showroom Visit and Booking
  • I visited KHT Whitefield Showroom in Bangalore
  • Staff was helpful and generous with test drives. I test drove the Altroz Turbo on first visit and then Nexon on second.
  • Booking process was easy was kept transparent. Most times I communicated with the salesperson on whatsapp for documents and everything.
  • I booked the car on June 4 and was given a waiting time of 4 to 6 months

Vehicle Allotment and Registration
  • Miraculously the car was allotted to me on June 21!
  • My salesperson told me that it has dispatched from Gurgaon and will reach Bangalore in ~7 days.
  • True to his word, he called me and confirmed on 28 June that the car has arrived.
  • He promptly took me to the stockyard to let me have a first look and examine the car.
  • Car was in good condition (I expected it to be covered in dust). No issues were found after doing Team BHP style PDI.
  • RTO registration was complete on July 01 and number was generated on July 02. I am very impressed by Karnataka RTO for such fast processing! I am not sure if this is common or they treat company leased vehicles (my case) on higher priority.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220702_102108.jpg

Delivery
  • Since the number plate takes a few days to arrive I had to wait till July 07 for delivery.
  • I was given very thorough features overview.
  • The final checklist before delivery was done promptly.
  • All documents were neatly put in a file before handing them over to me.
Tata Nexon : Official Review-delivery.jpeg

Overall Experience
I was skeptical after reading about so many unpleasant experiences but I am very satisfied with how they handled each and every aspect of the process. There was full transparency and prompt communication. It seems that Tata has put in some serious work in improving the customer experience.

Likes and Dislikes
Before buying my own, I have driven my parents' Nexon Petrol for ~3k km. Here are my observations.

- Looks! Specially the blacked out elements in Kaziranaga Edition
- High speed stability
- Suspension setup
- AC performance
- Quality of speakers
- Steering feedback
- Driving comfort
- Mileage (I consistently get 17-20kmpl on highways)

Dislikes:
- Vibrations: Can be felt on steering wheel on hard acceleration. This can be expected from a 3 cylinder engine but I have found that Hyundai/Kia's 3 cylinder turbo petrols feel much smoother.
- Power delivery: There is enough punch for quick overtakes in city as well as on highways but the power delivery doesn't feel satisfying. Maybe my Dominar 400 has spoiled me with its fierce and smooth power delivery.

Based on my driving style (relaxed cruising on highways for long hours) I am very satisfied with my choice of going with the Nexon.
My parents' Nexon has completed 35k km. It too had some minor issues (which car doesn't?) but they are overall very happy with their ownership experience.

I will post a detailed ownership experience after I spend atleast an year with my Nexon

Last edited by Aditya : 11th July 2022 at 05:01. Reason: Images inserted
arunabh002 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 18:39   #4776
BHPian

Quote:
What are the FE numbers for the Diesel AT version ? In city and in the highway ?
We have Nexon XZA+ At home. City is about 300-330Kms per tankful. Highway is about 500+ kms per tankful under realistic driving conditions.

We dont drive less than 100kmph nor drive at 80kmph for fuel efficient Cruise controlled speeds etc. We are usually brisk in our paces.

Once got 650km or thereabouts when driven less than 100kmph though.
Old 8th July 2022, 19:22   #4777
BHPian

Hey, forgot to mention, mine is a petrol variant. did a long drive mileage was around 10.5,.

figured this out, thanks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupratikDebnath View Post
For point 1 - my take is if you drive sane within the city, all modes are equally fuel efficient.
I found the sport mode to be quite natural in terms of expectations from the car. If you are in the right gear, you should get 15-17 kmpl with AC.

For point 2 - the power is derived from the 12V socket. If you have a 12V in the rear you may use that as well. Is that what you meant to ask?
Old 10th July 2022, 17:36   #4778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
I currently own a Swift Diesel and am due for next car. I am inclined to buying a Nexon and as such have been following up on this thread very closely. What I have observed id that after 3 to 4 posts I see one or the other owner facing one or the other issue. It seems as if the ownership experience of most of the owners is not niggle free which is resulting in me having second thoughts about the quality of the parts and owning a Nexon as my next car.
Hi Sunbaj,
I agree to your point that these niggles take away the joy of owning a car as I have also highlighted on the same. The only BUT is to watch how Tata motors takes care of the same.
If they proactively change the required parts then I would say kudos to them.
Tata motors changed a part of the boot locking mechanism without me having any issue what so ever. They did it because that was the directive to them
As of date we know many well known manufacture's who don't issue such proactive circulars in spite of many complaints. So that's a star I would award to Tata motors.
Having said that, my priority was set right from the word go to buy a safe vehicle due to the route my family travels. Thus I zeroed down on Nexon. What I can say is if you are owning a Nexon, you would need that bandwith of patience to own the car because yes, they are yet not that niggle free.
I will update this thread regards to the noises and the action taken by Tata motors. If again they do their bit proactively, I would say that's the real battle won.
drritwik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 19:47   #4779

Quote:
Hello Nexon Owners;

TIA
Family vehicle has been Diesel AMT for 2.5 yrs. The FE has steadied now at around 17 for short/city drives and 20+ for highway rides. Varies significantly based on drive mode. FE improved greatly after the 3rd service for our vehicle. Also, the display economy exceeds real economy by around 3km/l.
Dr Manhattan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 20:53   #4780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drritwik View Post
Hi Sunbaj,
I agree to your point that these niggles take away the joy of owning a car as I have also highlighted on the same. The only BUT is to watch how Tata motors takes care of the same.
If they proactively change the required parts then I would say kudos to them.
Tata motors changed a part of the boot locking mechanism without me having any issue what so ever. They did it because that was the directive to them
As of date we know many well known manufacture's who don't issue such proactive circulars in spite of many complaints. So that's a star I would award to Tata motors.
Having said that, my priority was set right from the word go to buy a safe vehicle due to the route my family travels. Thus I zeroed down on Nexon. What I can say is if you are owning a Nexon, you would need that bandwith of patience to own the car because yes, they are yet not that niggle free.
I will update this thread regards to the noises and the action taken by Tata motors. If again they do their bit proactively, I would say that's the real battle won.
I have been on the lookout for a long term ownership review of Tata Nexon but haven't come across any. Most of them are like 10 to 20K km and that's it. There was one from J. Ravi Sir if I remember correctly but now do not see updates from him also. Will be on the lookout for your ownership review. If possible do tag me in.
Old 11th July 2022, 11:15   #4781
BHPian

Just bought a Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol

I have two queries:
1. Is it possible to disable the keyless entry feature?
2. The Tata dealer has not given us an invoice showing item-wise breakdown. Shouldn't they provide it to the new customers?
Old 11th July 2022, 22:28   #4782

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
Just bought a Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol

I have two queries:
1. Is it possible to disable the keyless entry feature?
2. The Tata dealer has not given us an invoice showing item-wise breakdown. Shouldn't they provide it to the new customers?
I Don't have answers to your question, but am curious to know why you wish to disable it ?

Hope not a security issue !!!
Old 13th July 2022, 09:59   #4783
BHPian

Hi All,
I have recently purchased a Nexon Petrol XZA+ variant (got delivery on 18th June) and have been using it to drive to work daily. While I am overall satisfied, however one of things bugging me is the amount of jerking that the vehicle has while driving. This is the first time I am driving an AMT vehicle (My old car is a Ritz manual which I have been driving for the last 11 years) and while I am getting used to the AMT gearbox and its whims and fancies, I feel my body constantly getting moved while driving.

Is this something which anyone else has faced? Or is it just the difference between a manual car where I had complete control vs. an automatic gearbox? Is there a special way in which an AMT car should be driven?

Would love to have your views.

Thanks

Last edited by ank1477 : 13th July 2022 at 10:02.
ank1477 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 21:49   #4784
BHPian

Got this Baby Hulk delivered today!
Old 13th July 2022, 22:31   #4785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijuba22 View Post
Dear All,
Just wanted to check once again.. any suggestions would be a great help !
It recurs intermittently and I am at a loss what to do, SC unable to reproduce or fix it
Sometime a simple reset resolves issues
1. Unplug the Battery (both terminals) and Replug after 10 minutes. Also check for rat bites on electric cables.
2. Check clutch cable play. It should not be tight. It has a tendency to become tight with usage.
3. Get the Software updated.

My Santro Xing used to behave similarly- Revving high with coughing. I unplugged and replugged the Battery. Issue rectified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Hi All,
I have recently purchased a Nexon Petrol XZA+ variant (got delivery on 18th June) and have been using it to drive to work daily. While I am overall satisfied, however one of things bugging me is the amount of jerking that the vehicle has while driving. This is the first time I am driving an AMT vehicle (My old car is a Ritz manual which I have been driving for the last 11 years) and while I am getting used to the AMT gearbox and its whims and fancies, I feel my body constantly getting moved while driving.

Is this something which anyone else has faced? Or is it just the difference between a manual car where I had complete control vs. an automatic gearbox? Is there a special way in which an AMT car should be driven?

Would love to have your views.

Thanks
You will get used to it in about 1000 to 1500kms. I too have petrol AMT and it is my first automatic car. I too became frustrated about the jerks. Could never predict gearshifts.

Eco mode reduces the jerks and upshifts quickly. Try this mode. Alternatively you can use manual mode. You will feel more in control.

Last edited by dsuman : 13th July 2022 at 22:37. Reason: Formatting

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks