Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2022, 05:32   #4831
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Anyone here has used 70mai tpms ? or any alternative recommendation ? I have read about SenseAiry however I am very reluctant on getting the tires taken apart and then rebalancing, etc. stuff.
I have installed sensairy recently, and had chosen internal over external for a couple of key reasons:
Longer battery life about 5 yr vs external
Safer, as they cannot be stolen.
Less prone to damage

As for the pressure check, currently I am using it only on my mobile app. However, if continuous monitoring is a goal, sensairy also offers HUD as an independent purchase. Some BHPers have also used old spare mobiles dedicated for this purpose. I have heard that the sensairy can be integrated into the modern app based centre consoles, you may want to research further, as mine is a 2015 car without connected car console.

As for balancing aspects, since external tpms also have some weight, so they will also imbalance the tyre, so ideally it would be desirable to balance.

I chose sensairy because of good reviews and approachable helpdesk.

To me the price premium for sensairy felt worth, as my priorities are: reliability, good feedback on product quality and being hasslefree.
Old 1st August 2022, 07:34   #4832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuman View Post
I just got a call from Tata SVC saying my car is eligible for a Software Update which takes about 30 Minutes. Mine is August 2021 XMA (S) Petrol. Any idea what it might be?

I have taken appointment for tomorrow
It was not a Software Update.

I took my car to Tata Service Center on Friday. There is a part replacement from Tata Motors for a specific batch of Nexons.

The Tailgate Latch is being replaced by Tata Motors. Apparently the latch that came with factory is prone to fail so a more sturdy latch is being installed. Just a 10 minutes job.

Appreciate this proactive approach from Tata Motors.

You may check with Service Center if this recall is applicable to your Car.

Mine is August 2021 Manufactured Car.
dsuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 12:05   #4833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
I too am thinking the same thing about the XMA. But I am guessing these cameras will not have those guidelines right, that turn as you rotate the steering wheel?
Even if I go with the Android touchscreen system with camera, will that setup have those adaptive guidelines as mentioned above?
If you pick the right Android head unit, with CANBUS integration and sufficient specs - you will also get the dynamic guidelines on reverse. However, trust me - the dynamic lines are hyped a bit too much for what they offer. My Android HU in the Alto, doesn't offer them. My Nexon's Harman unit on the hand, has them. Makes no real difference per se in real use. In fact the large screen of the Android & better resolution of its camera- are bit better than what Nexon XZ+ offers .
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeparvathy9 View Post
All this and you save Rs. 50,000 with the Magnite over the Nexon, although Nissan's after sales and future in India is debatable, I feel they have a great product here with the Magnite with all active safety features and a good NCAP score.
While I like the Magnite twins myself - I'd not pick them over the Nexon (and its contemporaries in the SC-SUV segment) for what they offer. The engine is far too small & the overall materiel & finish does reflect the asking price. The Nexon is a far superior product (even with the AMT) in my opinion, and this applies to the other sub4M SUVs as well.

I'd definitely be interested in the Kiger/Magnite as a step UP from the B segment hatchbacks like WagonR etc, by spending a few bucks more. Definitely not as an option to save money by picking these instead of the Nexon. Just expressing my personal opinion of course, everyone has a difference in them.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 13:19   #4834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'd definitely be interested in the Kiger/Magnite as a step UP from the B segment hatchbacks like WagonR etc, by spending a few bucks more. Definitely not as an option to save money by picking these instead of the Nexon. Just expressing my personal opinion of course, everyone has a difference in them.
I have a similar feeling as my Swift is 1.3L and these twins are 1L only. Interestingly my 17yr old Swift engine is seeming as peppy at these new age turbocharged engines being offered.
I am just waiting for the Kiger test car to be available to test drive to confirm the same.
Old 1st August 2022, 17:53   #4835
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzt View Post
I have a similar feeling as my Swift is 1.3L and these twins are 1L only. Interestingly my 17yr old Swift engine is seeming as peppy at these new age turbocharged engines being offered.
I am just waiting for the Kiger test car to be available to test drive to confirm the same.
It is true manufacturers are going for downsizing engines and adding turbochargers to minimize cost without compromising power and performance, the only SUV with a potent Naturally aspirated petrol engine in the market under 10 lakhs is the Maruti Suzuki Brezza with its 1.5 Litre K-series engine.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:42   #4836
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I had taken delivery of a Nexon XZA+ Petrol on 19th June and since then covered 1600 KMS to date, so far all good and nothing to talk about as such.

The only thing for which I am here is, wanted to apprise forum about the excellent mileage I was able to extract recently on a highway trip. It was a short trip from Noida to Vrindavan and back on a fine Saturday noon with mild drizzles. Route involved travelling through Noida - Agra express which mostly remain empty and one can easily cruise in triple digit speeds all the time.
I managed to use cruise control for almost 70% of the trip duration, where speed was varying between 85-95 as per requirement, only used steering controls to toggle speed here.

Now here comes the surprise when I switched to trip section and saw efficiency figures which was at 20.6 (missed capturing). Later managed a click when it got slightly reduced.
Someone pointed in other post that MID shows 1.6 KMPL higher then actual figures calculated using tank full method, even by that logic I think 19+ KMPL is too good for a car of this weight and heft. Round trip distance came at 296 KMS and mileage stood at 16.3 (as per MID).

So far car has been topped up 4 times using XP95 fuel from Indian Oil and has been giving mileage between 10.5 to 11.2 in city (MID was showing higher figures) when driven in economy mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon_milege.jpg  

FlankerH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 08:56   #4837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerH View Post
Now here comes the surprise when I switched to trip section and saw efficiency figures which was at 20.6 (missed capturing). Later managed a click when it got slightly reduced.
Nice to hear that! I have a XZA+ model myself; got it in June. Looking forward having such numbers sometime in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Hi All,
I have recently purchased a Nexon Petrol XZA+ variant (got delivery on 18th June) and have been using it to drive to work daily. While I am overall satisfied, however one of things bugging me is the amount of jerking that the vehicle has while driving. This is the first time I am driving an AMT vehicle (My old car is a Ritz manual which I have been driving for the last 11 years) and while I am getting used to the AMT gearbox and its whims and fancies, I feel my body constantly getting moved while driving.

Is this something which anyone else has faced? Or is it just the difference between a manual car where I had complete control vs. an automatic gearbox? Is there a special way in which an AMT car should be driven?

Would love to have your views.

Thanks
Update on the above post:
Got my first service done 10 days back and am feeling the difference. Have also got my driving style adjusted to the AMT gearbox and the drive feels much smoother. The trick is to never be aggressive and everything works out fine. Starting to enjoy the car

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd August 2022 at 16:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged
ank1477 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 10:39   #4838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Update on the above post:
Got my first service done 10 days back and am feeling the difference. Have also got my driving style adjusted to the AMT gearbox and the drive feels much smoother. The trick is to never be aggressive and everything works out fine. Starting to enjoy the car
Yes, the Nexon does feel like a new car only after the first service . There are gaps in their QC which need to be addressed in the first service.

Yes, it just takes a few days to get used to the AMT and they are all one and the same after that. Why only the AT gear boxes? Even in MT, need to get used to a new car, gear changes, clutch release etc.
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:50   #4839

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkponders View Post
Dear Nexon owners

1. It has ventilated seats. Found couple of recommended car seat cover dealers (one recommended in TeamBHP) who sell perforated seats. Should I go with it ? Unable to avoid as the original seats are White
Brother can you share this dealer? I am looking to get covers for my car too.
Old 3rd August 2022, 20:13   #4840
SPM

My Nexon XZA+(S) Diesel Model 2021 is given to service centre for 18 months (odo reading is 11700 km) regular service. Upon inspection, I was informed by the SA that engine oil and coolant has got mixed probably due to failure of oil cooler. I myself visited the service center and could see a thick layer of oil in the coolant container. Since it is only 18 months old, the problem will be resolved under warranty. They are investigating the reason and assessment of the damage due to this.

I have following queries in this regard and seek help of experts;

1. What can be the quantum of damage to the engine due to this issue.
Please note that last service was in the end of January 2022 and after that the vehicle has been driven around 3.5k to 4k kms. I exactly don't know when this would have happened but it can be assumed that there would have been max 6 months in worst case.

2. There was no warning sign anytime like temp. rise or engine oil warning symbol in the MID. The only abnormality, I felt in this duration, was engine suddenly stopped on the go once. After restarting the car everything was normal and no further abnormal behaviour was observed. This happened almost 25 days to 1 month back and the vehicle is driven around 500km in this duration. Could this have happened due to the engine oil mixing with the coolant?

3. Is this a serious issue which can cause permanent damage to the engine or any other part of the vehicle?

4. Is this issue fully resolvable or despite of replacement of faulty part and cleaning, some residue may still remain there which may have long term impact on the vehicle.
Old 3rd August 2022, 20:20   #4841
BHPian

Hello, fellow BHPians!

Mine is a Aug-2021 manufactured Nexon XZ (petrol), which has clocked ~6200 km so far. Of late, I have noticed a minor issue with the steering's alignment. To keep the car moving straight, I have to rotate the steering slightly to the right by a couple of degrees. I do not recollect if this issue was prominent since day 1, but it is definitely there since last few months. In addition, during a recent long drive, I noticed slight vibrations on the steering wheel for sometime at speeds over 70-80 kmph. Is this a known issue with the new Nexon? Would steering alignment and/or balancing done from a local shop help fix this issue?

Also, the car is due for its annual service at the end of August, so I am contemplating to highlight this issue to the service advisor. If any fellow Nexon owners have faced this issue, please guide on how you got this fixed.

Besides this issue, I sometimes hear a rattling noise from the rear (as if a cable/wire or piece of plastic is hitting a metal part), but unable to pinpoint the location.

Out of curiosity, I would like to know what mileage fellow owners are getting from this beast (petrol variant) . Here, in Mumbai, for short runs and in heavy traffic, the mileage is as low as 7-8 kmpl , whereas on national highways or expressways on cruising speeds it is >13-14 kmpl (calculated tank-to-tank). Is this value fair?
Old 3rd August 2022, 21:19   #4842
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
Would steering alignment and/or balancing done from a local shop help fix this issue?

Also, the car is due for its annual service at the end of August, so I am contemplating to highlight this issue to the service advisor.
Indeed wheel alignment & balancing is the 1st step to try. Do it from outside before your scheduled service. That way - you can test the result after the fix & if the issue persists - you can highlight it at a more severe level to the service station, since it will be something complicated with suspension / steering components if alignment doesn't solve it.

If its just about the T logo being offset always in center position (and not of the vehicle pulling in a direction) - its more to do with the center position calibration of the wheel - which the SC can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
Besides this issue, I sometimes hear a rattling noise from the rear (as if a cable/wire or piece of plastic is hitting a metal part), but unable to pinpoint the location.
Its always hard to find. First things to check -
  1. The plastic piece around the lock into which the rear seat back latches on either side of the car. It tends to get loose and vibrate sometimes.
  2. Flip the rear seat back / seat base - and see if anything is lying between the seat and the floor. Some plastic cover of something or the buckle of center lap belt etc. (Or sometimes some small tools left behind by accessory guys if your car has been to them.)
  3. Check under the boot floor - inside the spare wheel well if something is lying about unsecured in it. A spanner or anything.
Old 5th August 2022, 12:01   #4843

Good afternoon everyone,

My nexon XZA+(s) needs a new battery. The company fitted battery, EID 47 (47Amp)is not available off the shelf. However, EID 50(50Amp) is available in the market.

Can I use it for my car ? Or do I have to stick with the battery of exact specifications?

Last edited by Abhinav466 : 5th August 2022 at 12:26.
Old 5th August 2022, 12:44   #4844
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav466 View Post
Good afternoon everyone,

My nexon XZA+(s) needs a new battery. The company fitted battery, EID 47 (47Amp)is not available off the shelf. However, EID 50(50Amp) is available in the market.

Can I use it for my car ? Or do I have to stick with the battery of exact specifications?
check an online battery sales website like batterywale, batterybhai etc. with your car specs it will show you which batteries are suitable for your car.
Old 5th August 2022, 13:21   #4845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav466 View Post
Well more than "XZA+" - what matters is whether your car is petrol or diesel. Standard battery spec for Nexon petrol is 44 Ah (not Amp). But if you pick the right battery of 50Ah - it is fine. Key is that the larger battery should be able to fit on the battery tray properly, that's all.

Typical battery spec for Nexon diesel is 50 to 55Ah. Remember - the ampHr is a unit of "capacity" of the battery. So larger battery will give power for longer duration for same load (when charged fully). And - it takes that much little longer to fully charge as well.

Best is to visit the nearest Amaron/Exide store, check all 3 specifications and see which one fits in your car without any hassle. Remember to check the L/R orientation of the battery in case you order online. IIRC - Nexon is "R".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks