Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 11:34   #4921
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by palashgoorha View Post
Looks amazing. I have booked XZA + HS Petrol AMT variant in Calgary White. Have two very important questions.

1. Does ceramic coating help the car in the longer run specially when I have opted for Calgary White.
2. Should I opt for extended warranty at the time of purchase or should I extend it later on just like my Volkswagen Ameo.
Congratulations on the booking.

1. You will get mixed reviews for ceramic quoting. If you want to go for it, do it at the earliest after getting a car. If you have properly covered parking, it will not help much. IMO.
2. Absolutely necessary. Not just because of Tata's ASS but for any car, it is a wise decision to take EW. It will turn cheaper at an unfortunate expense.

I have also booked mine (XZA+HS AMT dark addition) one and half months back but till date, there are no words from the dealer.
Anyone in Pune who recently booked Nexon, pl throw some light on the waiting period.
How much waiting period dealer quoted you, by the way?
Old 15th September 2022, 11:37   #4922

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hi all, my father in law finally got his Nexon Petrol XZA+ yesterday. I have driven the car for close to 30kms and I must say that the jerks of AMT are less noticeable in the BS6 version of Petrol compared to the BS4 version. The engine is powerful to drive too. The foliage green colour looks dashing on the car.

Attachment 2109426

Attachment 2109427
Quote:
Originally Posted by satish.gawai View Post
Congratulations on the booking.

1. You will get mixed reviews for ceramic quoting. If you want to go for it, do it at the earliest after getting a car. If you have properly covered parking, it will not help much. IMO.
2. Absolutely necessary. Not just because of Tata's ASS but for any car, it is a wise decision to take EW. It will turn cheaper at an unfortunate expense.

I have also booked mine (XZA+HS AMT dark addition) one and half months back but till date, there are no words from the dealer.
Anyone in Pune who recently booked Nexon, pl throw some light on the waiting period.
How much waiting period dealer quoted you, by the way?
In my case dealer had officially quoted 15 weeks but the Sales team informed that they will try to get it delivered in a month/45 days. Now fingers crossed as I have also tried to put pressure on the dealership through some contacts...
palashgoorha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 13:51   #4923

What happened to DriveNext?

DriveNext is an application in Tata's Harman infotainment systems which collects and shows trip data like trip time, average speed, most used gear etc.

I took delivery of my Nexon XZ+ P Kaziranga in July and it doesn't have the DriveNext app.
I talked to Tata customer care about this and they told me that DriveNext has been discontinued and I have to make do with the iRA app, which collects data only when the sim in the car is connected to network, and hence unreliable.
What a shame.

Does anyone have ways to get DriveNext installed? (Like flashing a particular software version manually)

Trip data is VERY important to me and I am willing to try any Jugaads available.
arunabh002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 20:42   #4924

Hi all, Finally after reading so many reviews and using elimination decided to book the Tata Nexon XZA+HS Petrol in Gurgaon. Booked it at Zedex tata and the experience throughout the process has been good so far.

Booking Date - July 7
Car arrived at dealership - Aug 11
Delivery date - Aug 31 (Lease process and my unavailability)

On delivery PDI, I was carrying the Teambhp checklist and found couple of issues with the car. The driver side rear door was not locking and driver side door had some work done from inside. Found that because a cap was missing on the door handle and some dirt on the interior of the door.

Dealership fixed both the issues at delivery but also gave the choice of PDI reject. After examining the issue, I took delivery of the car after getting a signed document from dealer stating that there was some issue with the car doors.

I have driven 230 kms so far and there has been no issues so far. The braking feels a little different compared to my honda city. There is some wire burning smell which disappeared after a couple of drives. I did some Google and figured it could be from new brakes.

Got a call this morning that my number plates have arrived and I plan to take that on Sunday.

I would like to thank all of you who contributed to this forum and to the Skoda Kushaq forum for helping me make an informed choice.
saketarora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:28   #4925

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
I noticed lately since past couple of days that the clutch would sometime stay depressed almost fully after being pressed. I only noticed this at idle on when car is to be moved from neutral to first to bring it in motion. It has happened maybe like 5 or 6 times out of say 100.
Something to be concerned about ? This is Petrol variant. Barely few hundred kms on odo.
Do you have 3D mats installed?
I also noticed that the clutch stays fully pressed once in a while and doesn't come back.
I found that this is due to the design of the 3D mats, which go up to the height of pedals touch points, because of which the clutch pedal gets stuck behind the 3D mat's wall when fully pressed.
Whenever this happens, I pull the mat backwards using my feet and the clutch pedal gets unstuck and springs back.
arunabh002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 02:14   #4926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabh002 View Post
Do you have 3D mats installed?
I also noticed that the clutch stays fully pressed once in a while and doesn't come back.
I found that this is due to the design of the 3D mats, which go up to the height of pedals touch points, because of which the clutch pedal gets stuck behind the 3D mat's wall when fully pressed.
Whenever this happens, I pull the mat backwards using my feet and the clutch pedal gets unstuck and springs back.
Oh, interesting. I never thought about that as the 3D mats are Tata Genuine Accessory. I thought this issue was only with after aftermarket ones.

Although I still hate the 3D mats because the fake dead pedal bump they have. I find that it causes problems in pressing the clutch if my left feet even slightly is on the left, the fake pedal bump blocks the travel.
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 08:45   #4927
BHPian

Quote:
Oh, interesting. I never thought about that as the 3D mats are Tata Genuine Accessory. I thought this issue was only with after aftermarket ones.
Nope, Tata's mat is good but the velcro underneath has been stuck with substandard glue. I had the exact same issue with clutching getting stuck. I got a roll of velcro from a local shop and glued it (araldite).

I am currently looking for a driver-side only 7D mat since I am not that happy with the DIY solution.
vinodmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 01:15   #4928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
With the sudden rise in sales of TaMo cars post 2020, this was always expected since the service outlets are increasing at a much lower pace.

However - I think for you Bengaluru colleagues, the slot availability may be low right now especially because of the flooding. I won't be surprised if the workshops are currently flooded with cars that have just recovered from wet parkings in apartment blocks. Hopefully once that surge subsides, service availability within acceptable range. Otherwise its hard times ahead.
This is across India as in Hyderabad they have introduced prior appointment except breakdown issue without which vehicle will not be accepted, am surprised on this approach, i had gone 2 weeks back and had to wait in a q of 2 Km and by the time i entered it was lunch break and there was no space and i drove off then
Old 21st September 2022, 16:15   #4929
BHPian

Hello fellow BhPians and Nexon owners, need a help:

How would you rate the 2nd row space in the Nexon for 3 medium built adults, in comparison to say the Brezza, Creta or even the new Grand Vitara? Thanks.
Old 21st September 2022, 22:05   #4930
BHPian

Along with L variant of Nexon Tata has also introduced the XM+(S) variant.
It's nothing but XMS with added touch screen.

I don't know what to say here about launching too many variants.
Customer is a winner here for sure as he/she gets really fine-tune their choice.

But down the line Service Centers will face the heat / challenge maintaining and supplying parts, if needed.
Old 22nd September 2022, 13:53   #4931
BHPian

Hello,

Of late, in my year old, 11k + driven Nexon(P), I have noticed that if the car has been idle for about 7/8 hours, and then when I start the car, as I drive off, for the first 30-45 seconds there is a humming sound that comes. It's very close to someone blowing a conch shell on a low humm.
Afterwards, the sound is gone. I am not able to pinpoint what is causing the sound or where is it coming from. Worse still, I cannot replicate it at will. Sometimes I hear it while leaving the office, sometimes it is while leaving home, quite unpredictable.
What I know is that it is coming indeed from my car, and reversing out of parking does not make it humm. Going forward causes the sound to come and then after about 30 seconds, it goes away. I do not experience any change in driving dynamics and honestly, this sound is not causing any trouble to me as of now, that I know of. I have not gone to the service centre yet though.
So, if anyone has had experience with my mysterious humming phenomenon, please help me understand what is it.
Old 22nd September 2022, 15:16   #4932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
How would you rate the 2nd row space in the Nexon for 3 medium built adults, in comparison to say the Brezza, Creta or even the new Grand Vitara? Thanks.
Nexon's rear seat is spacious in comparison to Brezza and Creta. It should be able to accommodate three medium built adults without much discomfort. I haven't experience Vitara. None of my passengers has complained about rear seats. A little high center tunnel is the only sore point(if I have to nitpick).
Old 23rd September 2022, 11:31   #4933
BHPian

Anyone here using Tata Nexon 3D FloorMat that is part of standard/genuine Tata accessories ?
I am having a concern with the Driver side Floor mat, where I see in top left corner adjacent to Clutch pedal that there is a hump, it essentially appears to be made for covering a dead pedal. Now, in case of Nexon Petrol there is no dead pedal provided by manufacturer, right ?
So why does the accessory come with extra hump, heck it even has a velcro strap beneath that hump but it won't stick cause there's no actual hump for dead pedal.
So in my case, either that actual dead pedal is missing, if it was supposed to be there or the dealership has given me wrong Mat. I enquired this with dealership and they said that the Mat is universal and should fit AMT as well as MT.

Why I'm going mad over this ? Well, that fake dead pedal hump makes the task of pressing the clutch pedal completely a big pain when wearing bigger shoes. In fact if the left foot lands slightly on the left of the clutch pedal then that fake dead pedal hump comes in the way. Ideally there should have been significant gap to ensure nothing blocks the clutch operation. When I shared it with TML, one of their technician who fits the accessories said that why am I pressing the clutch with left foot!
Eventually they agreed to chop off that fake dead pedal and driving is a lot easier but nevertheless it seemed either like a design flaw or I am too noob of a driver who doesn't know how to press clutch pedal.

I have attached a photo that highlights the area I am talking about, please let me know your thoughts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodmk View Post
Nope, Tata's mat is good but the velcro underneath has been stuck with substandard glue. I had the exact same issue with clutching getting stuck. I got a roll of velcro from a local shop and glued it (araldite).

I am currently looking for a driver-side only 7D mat since I am not that happy with the DIY solution.
Quoting you as well Vinod to hear from you if this fake dead pedal is a bother.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220918wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by rishi.roger : 23rd September 2022 at 11:36.
Old 24th September 2022, 08:28   #4934
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting you as well Vinod to hear from you if this fake dead pedal is a bother.
I am not much troubled by the dead pedal as I rarely use that, probably because it is too close to the clutch

But yes the design of the 3D mat for the driver side is not thought out, mine has velcro on the portion that covers the dead pedal, but then the dead pedal is plastic coated so no point in having velcro there.
Old 24th September 2022, 12:11   #4935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodmk View Post
I am not much troubled by the dead pedal as I rarely use that, probably because it is too close to the clutch

But yes the design of the 3D mat for the driver side is not thought out, mine has velcro on the portion that covers the dead pedal, but then the dead pedal is plastic coated so no point in having velcro there.
Yours is an AMT or Diesel ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks