Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2022, 22:52   #4936
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Hey, i have driven my brother's Nexon 2019 Petrol Manual for about 100 kms. It will stay with me for 2 months more. When driving this rod of clutch is interfering a lot. 8/10 times my foot gets stuck with shoes on behind it ruining the experience. Is there any hack around it or should i stop driving with shoes on? Attaching pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexonnexondeadpedal.jpg  

Old 26th September 2022, 11:43   #4937

Hello,

Unfortunately, my weekend didn’t end well ☹, A coconut fell on my Nexon(April 2022 make) and here is the result. Thankfully, it didn’t fall on windshield. Saved!

There is no scratch, it is just a dent. Can this be fixed with vacuum/some dent removal tool or bonnet need to be replaced? What do you guys suggest, claim insurance, and get it fixed? Or any recommended local shop to fix it in Bangalore?

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img5579.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img5578.jpg

Thanks.
Old 26th September 2022, 14:31   #4938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_kuppalli View Post
Hello,

Unfortunately, my weekend didn’t end well ☹, A coconut fell on my Nexon(April 2022 make) and here is the result. Thankfully, it didn’t fall on windshield. Saved!

There is no scratch, it is just a dent. Can this be fixed with vacuum/some dent removal tool or bonnet need to be replaced? What do you guys suggest, claim insurance, and get it fixed? Or any recommended local shop to fix it in Bangalore?

Thanks.
Sorry to hear this! I had a similar situation once - when the dent was on top of our Brio. This is heart breaking!
But looking at this dent - it doesn't look that bad. I think it can be fixed relatively easily. Had it been plastic part, it would be even simpler, but bonnet is "tough" material. Well, you may always take it to ASC to get fixed (they will use machine press to fix the dent & make required paint adjustment as well). Or, you may talk to any known local mechanic - who will take out the NVH cushioning & push the dent back from inside the bonnet. Manual fix will not be 100% perfect, but should get the job done.

Yes - there are dent puller etc. available in the market & for our Brio it did a great job. But it was done by a professional (when I was at Pune) - who used to offer door-to-door service for such fixes. He came ready with all equipment, used some of those metal dent pullers, hot glue for sticking the hooks etc. & got it fixed in less than 30 minutes. Bangalore too may have such services - not sure.
sarbagna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 15:54   #4939
BHPian

At last, after making lot of thinking today I have booked Nexon Petrol XZ+ HS model here is Bangalore at Key Motors. As per then the waiting period is about 4 to 8 weeks. SA has told me that he would share the VIN number as soon the vehicle gets dispatched from Tata from their Pune plant.

Now the question is Is TATA itself allocates the vehicles based on the bookings or is it going to be the dealer who allocates?

Is there a way through which I can monitor the vehicle while it's in transit?
Old 26th September 2022, 21:43   #4940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
Yours is an AMT or Diesel ?
Mine is Manual, Petrol (XZ+) from Dec 2021 manufacturing.
Old 27th September 2022, 20:41   #4941
BHPian

Hello all. I happened to notice water (I hope it is water.) leaking from the front underside of my Nexon the last two times I came back home after 10-20 kms ride. I have always used recirculated air for AC in my car since the time I bought it. Could it be condensation? There are no warning lights in my dashboard and everything seems to be in order. But for the life of me I am unable to figure out what is leaking, and this is freaking me out. Did anyone else face such a situation before or have an idea what it could be?
Old 27th September 2022, 21:15   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Did anyone else face such a situation before or have an idea what it could be?
From what you have explained, it is most likely to be from the AC drain pipe and nothing else to be worried about. Just sneak under the car and see if the water patches on the ground is near where the AC drain hose is located.

Drive Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 21:59   #4943

Has any used any injector cleaner or diesel additive to clean the injector nozzle for nexon ?. My nexon (2017 make) has ran almost 60k and I can sense increased engine clatter noise.

Some of the options that I was contemplating on after reviewing them are Servo Adon-D or Liqui Moly Diesel Purge.

Happy to hear any other suggestions for this as well.
Old 27th September 2022, 23:04   #4944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
From what you have explained, it is most likely to be from the AC drain pipe and nothing else to be worried about. Just sneak under the car and see if the water patches on the ground is near where the AC drain hose is located.

Drive Safe,
R-Six

Thanks. This is probably the second time I am observing this. Where is the drain pipe located in Nexon? I am attaching a picture I took. The fluid drain is on the front side, probably in the middle (not on the passenger or driver side). I just checked oil level and engine coolant level and they are where they should be. Hopefully this is nothing to get my mind worked up about.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img20220927wa0006.jpg  

Old 27th September 2022, 23:51   #4945
BHPian

Tata Nexon Mileage Update!

My 2022 Nexon XM Petrol , is giving an average highway mileage of 21 + , Full trip (131) kms on AC . Highest I got was 23+ after 60kms and due to a bit traffic in Bali Dakhineshwar Road Towards Kolkata, mileage dropped 2kmpl. Car is under 3000 kms and had its 2nd free service till now. Attaching pics below.

Also , while refuelling, auto cut happens at 35 litre mark, but tank is 45 I guess so how exactly is tank to tank measured?? Fill it to the brim??
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220829_122251.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220902_160217.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220902_144759.jpg  

FASTLIFE is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 09:55   #4946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Where is the drain pipe located in Nexon?
I get drain water slightly off-center close to front wheels. Even 10 mintue drive with AC in humid place(costal region) leaves a sizable puddle. Do not see much of this in Bangalore, unless it has rained the previous day and humidity is high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTLIFE View Post
My 2022 Nexon XM Petrol , is giving an average highway mileage of 21 +
Also , while refuelling, auto cut happens at 35 litre mark, but tank is 45 I guess so how exactly is tank to tank measured?? Fill it to the brim??
I went through my fuel logs and the highest I have filled is 37L with auto cut-off, with probably 5+ liters already in the tank. So I think auto cut-off should happen around 41-43 liters, change the pump and check if remains the same.

Can you highlight how you got 21KMPL +, what speed range were you driving?
After seeing a lot of good figures posted online I tried to drive between 80-95 for an hour and saw fuel efficiency hover around 19KMPL.
vinodmk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 12:27   #4947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodmk View Post
Can you highlight how you got 21KMPL +, what speed range were you driving?
After seeing a lot of good figures posted online I tried to drive between 80-95 for an hour and saw fuel efficiency hover around 19KMPL.
I got this mileage by using sport mode for initial journey towards highway, boot was fully loaded with 2 person on board, after reaching highway drove around 1-2 km, then shifted to city mode till 4th gear and 50 kmph, then shifted to eco mode at 70kmph+6th gear and crusing speed was 75-80kmph. It's extremely hard to ride it in eco mode (loaded car) till 80 kmph so best way is to reach 80kmph in 6th gear in city/sport mode and then shift to eco mode.

But mind you it's extremely boring, I was yawning as altos zoomed past me at 100+ and controlling the urge to not drive fast is ohlala
Do let me know after you try it.
FASTLIFE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 16:39   #4948

ive come to understand that the drive modes perfectly cater to the style in which you drive and aide in achieving optimal output. for instance, in the city at sub 40 kmph, if driven in eco i manage to extract a good 17-18 km/l. whereas on the highway with speeds between 80-120 the engine still manages to return similar figures if not more, on sport mode.

Another fact to consider for diesels is dpf where the vehicle, if driven at odds with the appropriate mode, tends to clog easily and return poor mileage. It took a good year for me to derive these equations that aide maximum efficiency without compromising the manner in which i chose to drive in.

The vehicle, i find, is remarkably "Indian" and makes me fall in love with it and everything our subcontinent has to offer all over again each time its rested after every concluded road trip. Allow me to share a few memories.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20201125_174940_3.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20201128_215016.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-original_8045b86352f0497a9a03b451d3b24ace_img_20210228_154702_3.jpg  

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20201115_120425_4.jpg  

Dailyogi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:33   #4949

I have a Nexon XZ+S. I too have an issue with the headlamps when on low beam and regret to say that it is pretty much useless at the available power. This forces me to use the high beam which is not a good thing to do. I checked with the "Select" TATA service center in Hyderabad and they advised against changing the bulb and informed that the after market service providers will tap into existing power lines and that will result in voiding the warranty.

My question is, is there a high power bulb available in the market as a drop fit option without affecting the existing power and wiring setup. I understand that the fuse needs to be upped to 15 amps. I saw that a 55w bulb is available from Phillips and wish to go for it. Only if this doesnt affect the performance, mileage or doesnt void the warranty. I sincerely request the other members to advise on this. Thank you.
Old 29th September 2022, 10:40   #4950

Yes, the Nexon gives you a warning beep once you touch/cross 80 kmph. Once again beeps when you touch/cross 100 kmph and continuously beeps once you touch / cross 120 kmph. I drove down to Palakkad from Hyderabad (via Bangalore) and on good stretches was doing anything from 100-140 kmph and though the beeps are good safety / warning feature, is a bit annoying. But, yes, it is a safety measure and is welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks