Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 11:45   #5131
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Congratulations on your first car! Good choice - wishing you a peaceful and long-term ownership.
Tata Motors must focus on fit & finish, QC and dealerships, most of the customers raised similar concerns.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 01:45   #5132

So the car Nexon XZA+ L edition (Royale blue) now Lux edition got finally allocated to me after a wait of nearly 3.5 months. The good thing is that the engine got updated to the BS 6 phase 2 E20 compliant engine. Hoping it was worth the wait.

Next steps
1) PDI.
2) Getting BH registration done in Mumbai.
3) Finalizing the accessories.
4) Finalizing the insurance. Dealer has quoted 39K for zero dep. I am getting at 28K with Acko (zero dep, return to invoice, engine protection).

As this is my first car, need help in finalizing accessories. Being the second highest model, it has good set of features and accessories from the OEM including ventilated seats, TPMS, Auto IVRM, Music system, Rear parking sensors etc.

So far after extensive reading on the forum, I have finalized the following-
  • Doors visor nexon chrome
  • Door edge guard
  • Mat nexon 3d moulded
  • Bumper corner protector
  • Mud flaps
  • Anti rust coating (tufkote dinitrol preferred) - underbody and exhaust

Things I considered and excluded are-
  • Ceramic coating - going to go with regular waxing instead
  • Teflon coating - deemed useless
  • Anything chrome - personally against it
  • PPF coating - will consider later
  • Scuff plates - not appealing
  • Floor lamination and matting - chance of moisture retention and rusting
  • Front parking sensors - not well integrated with car

Thing I need to finalize-
  • Dashcam - Budget 15K
  • Electric Tyre Inflator
  • Hydraulic Car Lifter
  • Headlamp alternative

Any inputs on the above choices, especially the things I need to finalize? Am I missing something or buying something unnecessary?

Also, does anyone know whether temporary registration is still happening in MH because the dealer mentioned that car can only be taken out of the yard with a proper registration which I found to be odd.

The dealer also mentioned that currently there are pension protests going on in RTO and registrations are bound to get delayed.
Nokluck is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 12:51   #5133
BHPian

Nokluck - Congratulations! Hope you will get the car in less than a week time. In accessories list, you may consider Nexon Sidestep Black, a bit expensive (costs @ 15K) but does the job. It enhances the looks of car and safeguards from other vehicles and footpath, parking, easy ingress & egress for children and elders, cleaning the roof area, protects on bad roads and in off-roads, etc.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 10:58   #5134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
When you shift to the reverse gear - are the reversing lamps turning on? Ask someone to check while standing outside.

If the reverse lamp is not lighting up either - that means the gear position sensor switch in the shifter console is not working properly. Get it cleaned / replaced & it will be OK.
Yes, reverse lamp is also not working. My car service is due in 300KM, will get it done along with service.
Old 21st March 2023, 17:50   #5135

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
I switched to manual & drove in it most of the time.
We used to have a Tata Tigor Petrol AMT in our family back in 2019, which I used to swap with my diesel manual car many a times for the convenience of so called automatic. I had the same jerky experience, but then I made a conscious habit of using in Manual mode, and boy oh boy was it fun! I even took it for a non-stop 800+ kms drive from Udaipur to Mumbai and was not fatigued at all even after 12 hrs, driving at a good pace even on the infamously crowded Vadodara-Vapi section. It also helped me extract better mileage, way more than what we used to get in AMT'S City mode.

My sincere request to all Tata AMT car owners (Petrol or Diesel): drive your car in manual mode. And MOST IMPORTANT: make it a point to release the accelerator a bit when you are manually upshifting, you will fall in love with the crisp, jerkless gear shift it offers. The gearbox anyways downshifts on its own, so that's a HUGE benefit over the cumbersome iMT gearbox from the Korean siblings, which keeps on beeping all the time (drove it last year in a friend's 1.5L petrol Seltos). Happy Motoring!
anijonnybravo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 23:00   #5136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokluck View Post

As this is my first car, need help in finalizing accessories.
  • Doors visor nexon chrome
  • Door edge guard
  • Mat nexon 3d moulded
  • Bumper corner protector
  • Mud flaps
  • Anti rust coating (tufkote dinitrol preferred) - underbody and exhaust

Things I considered and excluded are-

• Dashcam - Budget 15K
  • Electric Tyre Inflator
  • Hydraulic Car Lifter
  • Headlamp alternative

Any inputs on the above choices, especially the things I need to finalize?
Congratulations! Here are some of my recommendations:

Door edge guard: Visit a 3M outlet and cover the edges with PPF. You can also get it done at the rear foot step area which is prone to scratches during ingress and egress.
Antirust coating and silencer coating: Absolutely not required. Look at the underbody and you'll realise that Nexon comes coated with it. As for the silencer, don't fall for these coatings since silencers start rusting inside out and any coating on the exterior will not prevent it.
Dashcam: Several options available on nexdigitron.com. Choose the one with good quality video recording and avoid the gimmicky features like ADAS etc.
Hydraulic Car Lifter: I'd recommend holding off this purchase for now. Try jacking up your car with the tools provided and see if it works for you.

The urge to accessorize a new vehicle is pretty high during the initial days of ownership and many go overboard. I'd recommend to give it some more time before deciding to spend on things that are not absolutely necessary. Do not fall for any headlight upgrade even if they claim it to be the infamous "coupler to coupler" setup. You'll eventually end up loosing your warranty. For whats worth, get the extended warranty from Tata and avoid unnecessary spends on accessories.
k.sumit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2023, 08:28   #5137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokluck View Post
  • Dashcam - Budget 15K
  • Electric Tyre Inflator
  • Hydraulic Car Lifter
  • Headlamp alternative
Nexon already comes with an electric tyre inflator in the boot as far as I know.

For headlamp you can replace the halogen bulbs with Osram H7 25W LED bulbs. I have been using these for several months and I can say that this is a huge upgrade in illumination within city (low beam) and on highways (low+high beam).
arunabh002 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 18:44   #5138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabh002 View Post
For headlamp you can replace the halogen bulbs with Osram H7 25W LED bulbs. I have been using these for several months and I can say that this is a huge upgrade in illumination within city (low beam) and on highways (low+high beam).
Could you please provide some information about on how the LED bulbs have been placed in the projector. And does this require cutting any plastic cap behind the projectors?
Old 24th March 2023, 20:49   #5139

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Could you please provide some information about on how the LED bulbs have been placed in the projector. And does this require cutting any plastic cap behind the projectors?
It is a simple plug and play bulb replacement, no cutting required.

Here is a video that explains the installation:

I am using Osram H7 45210CW instead of the products mentioned, but the installation process is exactly the same.
arunabh002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 14:52   #5140

My Nexon experienced a strange battery failure last week. I was under the impression that closer to the battery’s end of life the car will issue some warning. Like the doors not locking or some or the electronics not working, or the battery light coming on. No, none of that. I was demonstrating my model to a business client, who had himself got a petrol automatic Nexon last fortnight. I completed the features comparison from the drivers seat and then the car wouldn’t turn off. The engine had cut off, all of the instrument cluster lights were glowing. I had to leave the vehicle unlocked and with DRL’s turned on, while I contacted emergency services. Help did arrive promptly and the technician diagnosed it as a battery issue. This was my second battery, an Amaron- dealer fitted. Thereafter I drove to the nearest Exide dealership and got the battery changed. Point is, are such failures that render you immobile, predictable?
Old 26th March 2023, 17:28   #5141
PSV

Tata Nexon XZA+ DT (S) Battery Issue

We purchased a Tata Nexon XZA+ DT (S) in Dec.'20. We do a lot of highway travel and have had no issues with the car - in fact, it is such a pleasure to drive this car over long distances.
However, last week, we faced a peculiar problem. In the morning we went out and the car started perfectly. Then we stopped to do some jobs and a couple of hours later came back to start the car, we got the message "Engine Locked" and the car would not start. Fortunately, we were in Chennai and very close to out TAFE service station. I called them and they immediately sent their person with a battery and started the car. On checking, they said that the battery had run down completely. This was quite surprising as there was no indication that the car was struggling to start over the past few days. Normally, when the battery becomes weak, the car struggles to start and you know that the battery has to be recharged or changed. But in my case, I did not get any symptom of a weak battery. Obviously, there is no indication in the instrument cluster which warns of a weak battery.
I was very thankful that this did not happen on the highway.
I sent a mail to Tata Motors informing them that there was absolutely no indication of a weak battery, but they only forwarded the mail to TAFE. So far I have not been able to get any meaningful reply to this issue.
Just want to know if any other user has faced this problem.
Thanks.
PSV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:55   #5142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_vish View Post
24000 for 3 Yrs, Nexon XZ bought between 0-180 days.
Hey, did you get any extended warranty booklet from dealer you bought the extened warranty. On tata motor website its mentioned that dealer will provide warrantly booklet and customer is supposed to keep it safe and present it while claiming warranty.

From website
Quote:
The intervals between scheduled services must not exceed stipulated mileage more than as mentioned in Extended warranty booklet

Present Owner’s manual and extended warranty booklet to Tata Motors Dealer/Authorized workshop while requesting inspection or claiming repairs under Extended Warranty

If the extended warranty booklet is lost or destroyed, the owner should contact a Tata motors dealer
I recently got 2 years extended warranty but dealer only gave gst invoice with car chasis no. mentioned and is saying there is no booklet or anything. Essentially dealer is not providing any written contract on what's included and what's excluded also. There is just a pamphlet which also says to refer to booklet for more details

Tata Nexon : Official Review-owners-manual1.png

Tata Nexon : Official Review-screenshot-20230327-185353.png
ritesh_44 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:58   #5143
BHPian

[quote=ritesh_44;5519751]Hey, did you get any extended warranty booklet from dealer you bought the extened warranty. On tata motor website its mentioned that dealer will provide warrantly booklet and customer is supposed to keep it safe and present it while claiming warranty.

No warranty booklet. Just got the invoice. After some time, the warranty details were just updated in the Tata Nexon mobile app.
nitin_vish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 12:54   #5144
BHPian

Hi Team,

My friend is looking for a Nexon Petrol Manual and we recently test drove one. This is his first car and so he was accompanied by his cousin who has a lot of experience. And eventually, I test drove it and we both found the clutch to be a little different from the other cars we drove.

Technically, we both stalled the car while moving it for the first time as the clutch was very different from other petrol cars that we have driven. I'm unable to explain the situation clearly but I felt like the clutch bite was very sharp.

Do you all feel the same? It's his first car and he should be good with it, but just asking if this is an issue or did any of you coming from a different car faced this or is this something that's normal in a Nexon Petrol Manual?

Any pointers would be highly appreciated. Many thanks!
Old 29th March 2023, 14:31   #5145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagann13 View Post
Technically, we both stalled the car while moving it for the first time as the clutch was very different from other petrol cars that we have driven. I'm unable to explain the situation clearly but I felt like the clutch bite was very sharp.
Do you all feel the same?
Yes - the Nexon's clutch bite is a bit sudden. Catches you off guard in the first few drives. But - its not a big deal really - you/your friend will be used to it in a day. Its not discomforting or concerning at all when driving.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks