Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2023, 17:48   #5161
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

My Nexon XM petrol clocked 7200 kms and the cluch seems hard when compared to a brand new Nexon. Went to showroom and they measured using a force meter and it came in between 7-8 the 3 times they checked. They said as the clutch is hydraulic it is supposed to get hard more miles it covers, my doubt is the clutch master cylinder piston jammed?
They didn't open it as it's inside the gearbox unlike older tata cars where it's outside. Car is just 1 year old, they said clutch plate and pressure plate is ok.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:42.
FASTLIFE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 04:59   #5162
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

NEED HELP / INPUTS

Model: 2020 BS6 Nexon Petrol
Mileage: 30,000 km
Last service: 30k km/ 2 year service. Carried out at about 24,000 km

This is my brother’s car and I drove it on the highway for the first time, allowing me to cycle through the various powertrain modes.

Problem:
In Sport mode, in between 2000-2500 rpm. If you floor the accelerator, there is a sputter in the power delivery from the engine. Like 2/3 minor jerks where you feel the engine is starving of fuel. Doesn’t happen if you go past that band gradually. Doesn’t happen over 3000 rpm either.

It is very annoying because you anticipate the car would be smooth and the engine in the thick of its torque curve would lay down power well but the sputters take away the joy. More importantly, it shouldn’t do it at all pointing to something being amiss.

This effect is less obvious in City mode and not noticed at all in Eco, so I am guessing, since it is associated with modes which deliver fuel at a higher rate it has something to do with fuelling.

-Could it be the spark plugs?
-Spark plug leads?
-ECU requiring a firmware upgrade?
-Clogged air/fuel filter?
-Or is it just the nature of this engine? (I doubt this since we specifically went with the Nexon over the XUV 300 due to it’s smoother power delivery)

Can someone relate to this and let me know what can be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:43.
Old 21st April 2023, 08:01   #5163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
NEED HELP / INPUTS
Model: 2020 BS6 Nexon Petrol
Mileage: 30,000 km
Last service: 30k km/ 2 year service. Carried out at about 24,000 km
-Spark plug leads?
Can someone relate to this and and let me know what can be wrong here?
Thanks in advance.
Just get a mini service done.
Check change Spark plugs
Change air and fuel filter.
Let them run a computer check and see the errors.

This should solve your problem.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:43.
Vinod_nair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2023, 12:56   #5164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
-Spark plug leads?
-Or is it just the nature of this engine? (I doubt this since we specifically went with the Nexon over the XUV 300 due to it’s smoother power delivery)
If it was working fine previously and the issue has just started coming up, then ECU firmware shouldn't be an issue.
No it isn't a known behaviour of the 1.2T. Doesn't have random power losses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Just get a mini service done.
Check change Spark plugs
This should solve your problem.
Does this behaviour happen in specific levels of fuel in the tank? Have you noticed this?
In the remote chance that Vinod_nair's tips don't fix it for you (they mostly will) - get the fuel pump checked along with fuel lines as a next step.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2023, 04:44   #5165
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
Check change Spark plugs
Have planned this and seems like something minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Does this behaviour happen in specific levels of fuel in the tank? Have you noticed this?
In the remote chance that Vinod_nair's tips don't fix it for you (they mostly will) - get the fuel pump checked along with fuel lines as a next step.
The thing is my brother never played around with sport mode so he cannot say if it used to do this earlier also.
The trip I mentioned started on a full tank and ended just before reserve and the sputtering happens all the time irrespective of the tank level.
Yeah, warranty should cover, that's the idea and plan to get this attended in time.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 08:37   #5166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala02 View Post
Hi, This is my first post in Team BHP forum, I am honored and excited to be part of this community. I purchased a Tata Nexon Petrol ZXI+ Model from Tafe Motors in Chennai Anna Salai in Sep 22 and would like to share my car purchasing experience with the team BHP community.
Congratulations on your ownership! Enjoy great journeys, long drives and many years of safe driving.

Even in my experience, Tata Sales Team (Lexus) promoted Nexon's suspension, and I hear you sharing similar experience. Somehow, after using Swift and Duster - I don't find the ride as comforting in Nexon.
Mileage will improve a bit once you go through few more kms, but City traffic will probably not let it go beyond a certain level (I too get around 10-12 in Bangalore traffic). Highways fetch around 22-24.

Overall, a great buy. Congratulations once again!
sarbagna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 14:03   #5167

Wierd electric issue with the Nexon

I drive a Nexon XZ+Petrol. 1.5 years old with 21K kms on the odomoter - 50-50 usage on Highway, city.

Ive been facing a wierd elecric/electronic issue with the display unit and Android auto.

When Android auto (AA) is running and I press the horn, AA disconnects. Basically while driving once the horn is pressed, the Android auto screen just resets, maps/ music etc stops and the screen goes back to the ConnectNext display. Ive tried replicating with different cables, phones and the issue comes up while driving.

Last two service visits, i asked the service engineers to look at the issue and they've not been able to replicate the issue. Even got them to diagnoze any errors from teh OBD port and they didnt find anything.

How do i get to the bottom of this and get it fixed? If TASS cant resolve it, what do I do Any suggestions?

Complete service is through Tata authorized service centers. Also recently got the display unit software updated to the latest version during the last service.
Old 23rd April 2023, 17:19   #5168
BHPian

I see your location says Bangalore. There are about 8 or 10 service centres in Bangalore. Keep trying one by one and you will find the right person with the ability to diagnose.

If not able to replicate, capture a video.
Old 23rd April 2023, 19:23   #5169
BHPian

Paint washing away on 6 month old Tata Nexon, Arya Tata Gurgaon workshop lying and avoiding warranty claims

Hi Nexon community, posting the ongoing experience of a friend / colleague with Nexon with his permission as he is not a member. For us, watching him deal with the Tata dealership and workshop for the past few months has crossed from funny the initial few times to painful now. It almost feels like trying to wrestle a pig in mud, but I am getting ahead of myself.

He bought a black manual Tata Nexon petrol from Arya Tata in Gurgaon about 6 months ago (october 2022). In a typical Tata fashion, there were long delays, way past the initially committed date, but fine. Then they were eager to allocate a car but my colleague wanted to check it in person first. The car somehow had the whole carpet soaked and even had standing water in some places near the foot space for rear passenger. Very questionable, obviously. And when asked, no one had a clear answer of how a seemingly brand new car was flooded from the inside except "must have happened during cleaning".

So that car was rejected and the wait continued. Another unit with a different chassis number arrived a week or so later. There were some noticeable issues like inconsistent panel gaps and seemingly poor paint finish in some inner spots. He pointed those out but didn't make much fuss over it because this was fairly common across a lot of Tata cars and because there had already been a fair bit of delay already.

Fast forward to now, skipping over the pains with Tata service and Tata's endless feature list tweaking causing more confusion, the paint in some places in the car is starting to change texture. This is happening primarily in all the door frames. With paint losing its gloss in some to drip signs to the paint literally rubbing away when wiping with a cloth almost as if it is shoe polish. This has started happening only over the past 2-3 weeks.

On raising this issue with the workshop, they first tried to dismiss it with "sir ye koi chemical gir gaya hoga aapse" (translation: you must have dropped some chemical here) which, on pointing out that it is happening to all the door frames, very quickly changed to offering to get it repainted as a favour.
The problem however is that they are skirting around in putting anything in writing and despite multiple requests, won't make a warranty claim for it.

The dealer at first lied that the warranty claim has been made and they are awaiting a response from the company. On probing further, the same response changed to "we are yet to make a claim, we will update you". Afaik, no warranty claim has been made yet. My colleague was fairly calm throughout this whole ordeal and even with multiple issues in the past but the endless lying and lack of accountability is getting a bit too much now.

To compound it all, the communications made to Tata are re-routed to the dealership itself which is clearly the lousiest approach the brand can take. I have first person experiences with Ford, Fiat and Skoda. I really thought Fiat was the worst there could be but I was clearly wrong. There have been issues of different scale with each but never have I witnessed this level of apathy towards the customer from a brand.

I am unable to understand why the dealer is avoiding a warranty claim for this? Why are they offering to repaint it as a favour, probably at their cost, and not put down this issue on the company with a warranty claim? Also what can be the channels to reach someone at Tata who would actually not route it back to the dealer to go in an endless loop. Inputs from existing Tata owners would be really appreciated

Attaching some images below of the brilliant work of art that is the Tata Nexon paint
Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-2.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-1.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon-4.jpg

Tata Nexon : Official Review-nexon3.jpg
motonomad is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 13:28   #5170
BHPian

Got a chance to drive a Nexon diesel AMT over a few days. Spent a good amount of time sitting in the passenger seat too. Came back with mixed feelings:

- AMT: numerous discussions on TeamBHP. Some very opposed to AMTs and surprisingly many have no issues with it. After the Nexon experience I came back very unimpressed with the AMT. I surely wouldn't buy one!
- Music system: very good in itself. But I felt the diesel's NVH levels didn't let me appreciate it fully.
- Ride quality: no complaints. Suspension felt good.
- Handling: good on highways. Didn't get a chance to push on winding roads.
- Brakes: Didn't feel as good as cars with all 4 disks, but felt sufficient for the highways especially considering rear drum setup.
- It felt like a good highway mile-muncher. In manual mode switching between 4th, 5th and 6th gear made overtaking and cruising easy.
- Ergonomics felt nice. Got used to the car very quickly.

I felt it's a nice practical car to own that one starts appreciating in the long term. Unlike something that blows away one's mind initially but then starts showing the pain points.
Biker Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 10:25   #5171
BHPian

For the regular music system that comes in the Nexon, not the touch screen version - has anyone figured out a good way to use the mute button esp while on calls (voice/zoom calls) using steering controls ? It works fine while music is playing but using the same button while on call disconnects the call.

There isnt a direct mute button available on the steering. There is some way to do this from the music console settings but it isnt very convenient (like 3 steps to mute) while on call.
Old 25th April 2023, 11:16   #5172

Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol mileage figures on Highways

Hi fellow Nexon owners

I own a Nexon XZ+ Petrol, 2022 make. Although the car is excellent, I was a bit bothered with it's low mileage numbers particularly in case of city driving. So when I had to leave for Dehradun from Noida, I decided to do a mileage test on highways. The trip parameters were as follows:

- Car Model and make - Tata Nexon XZ+ Petrol, June 2022
- ODO reading before trip - 5010 Kms
- Service history of the car - Only 2 free services done till date. No oil changes.
- Full tank of Petrol (44 Litres, filled till auto-cut at the station).
- Tire pressure - 30 psi in all 4 tires as recommended by Tata.
- Trip meter B reset.
- Road condition - Very good.
- Traffic - Light
- Passengers - 2
- Load - moderate
- AC - OFF
- Driving mode - City

Route map:
Tata Nexon : Official Review-route.png

I started for Dehradun from Noida in the early hours of 14 April (Friday). The traffic was light and I drove consistently between the speed of 65 Km/hr - 80 Km/hr. When I eventually decided to take a small break from driving, I noticed the MID shows the mileage as 26.1 Km/L !!!

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20230414_074056214_hdr.jpg

It was hard to believe, so I checked and double checked the remaining bars of petrol to make sure that the MID is not broken. It wasn't. It was a pleasant surprise.

On 15 April (Saturday), from Dehradun, I drove to Haridwar and back to Dehradun. The chaotic traffic on Dehra's roads in the evening caused the mileage to drop to 22.3 Km/L.

I drove back to Noida on 17 April (Monday) using the same route as before, the driving conditions were the same and I took another picture of the MID when I reached home at Noida:

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20230417_090929701.jpg

Mileage on MID after the entire trip - 24 Km/L

Unfortunately, due to a very busy schedule, I couldn't immediately refill the petrol which would've revealed the true tank to tank mileage. I had to drive in the city for a week before refilling the tank yesterday and here are the final figures (in a hurry, I forgot to take pictures of MID, apologies):

Total Kms driven: 736.5 Kms
Total fuel added before auto-cut - 36.59 L

Tank to tank mileage - 20.13 Km/L
Mileage on MID - 23.1 Km/L

It is safe to assume that on highway I got around 22 Km/L of mileage !!

I observed that if we want to milk out the best mileage from the Nexon, the following things must be considered:
  • Correct tire pressure and a clean air filter. The company has a recommended tire pressure value for a reason!
  • Resist the Sport Mode. It's understandably difficult but in order to get the best mileage, keep the car in City mode. Eco mode is very lackluster when it comes to power so I don't use it very much.
  • Drive with a very light foot. Nexon is a heavy car and it loses mileage very quickly with sudden acceleration. You have to treat the engine like a baby.
Verdict - It can be done with a disciplined light foot driving!!

Would love to hear your opinions on the same. Can this figure be further improved?

I'm planning to do a mileage test in the city to see if I can breach the 12 Km/L mark in the city. Will create a post for that in the future.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_20220602_151149.jpg

Regards
Northern Star
NorthernStar is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 18:51   #5173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala02 View Post
Hi, This is my first post in Team BHP forum, I am honored and excited to be part of this community. I purchased a Tata Nexon Petrol ZXI+ Model from Tafe Motors in Chennai Anna Salai in Sep 22 and would like to share my car purchasing experience with the team BHP community.

Overall, my experience with Tafe Motors was disappointing, but I am happy with my decision to purchase the Nexon. I hope that other buyers can have a smoother buying experience with better customer service."

Congratulations on your new car! Nexon is a good choice. All the best and have a safe drive.
Almost, numerous Tata customers has encountered the bad experiences with most dealerships across India. Tata Motors is not serious about this and its dealerships. The mileage will improve once the engine gets free on running for a while.
Rhinox~Cnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 17:48   #5174

�� i never managed to get more than 17 kpl in MID and real world 14.5kpl even in Highway. I cruise at around 110-117 kmph on Bangalore - Mysore Highway and best i got was 16.64 in MID. Damn i thought that was good mileage.
Old 30th April 2023, 02:11   #5175
BHPian

In my Nexon Diesel AMT, I get about 22-24 kmpl on highway runs with 2 adults, 1 kid and luggage, with AC on 23 all the time, in city mode. I noticed in AMT the best mileage band is between 80-90 kmph in 6 Gear. Driving with light foot is the key and It's very difficult to maintain the constant speed without cruise control.

In the city however, it's difficult to get more than 15-16 kmpl.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks