Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2023, 19:38   #5191
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Is this normal? Or may be a faulty sensor or something?
Is there any issue with the car's battery. If it is weak, such weird things can happen
Old 1st June 2023, 11:33   #5192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativeH View Post
Flow of events:
- Unlocked car with remote.
- Opened the rear left door, placed the key on the rear parcel tray and took out some stuff.
- Shut rear left door & tried the front left.
- Now Car was locked. Key still inside.

The car had just been unlocked, ignition wasn't on, and no button had been pressed.
It's possible the rear left door lock is malfunctioning. Usually, if the car is unlocked but no doors are opened(or if the particular door lock switch is malfunctioning), the car automatically locks itself. In this case, the key is not a factor since as per the system, the doors were not opened.

Please check if the door lock/unlock is recognised in the system.
John P Daniel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 06:25   #5193

Inputs from existing Tata owners would be really appreciated

Attaching some images below of the brilliant work of art that is the Tata Nexon paint
Attachment 2443123

Attachment 2443124

Attachment 2443125

Attachment 2443126[/quote]

As I can see from the images, I assume only the door panel sides have this issue. If that's the case, please check whether there has been usage of aerosol based lubricant for the door locks. A bad quality aerosol-based lubircant could possibly cause this issue. With respect to warranty claims, the paint related claims are usually a big grey area and would be tough to claim. As many posts from this very forum suggests a good relationship with dealer would get even impossible things done.
Venkat_KM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 03:13   #5194
BHPian

How is the new diesel engine tune in the Nexon? Does it feel more powerful IRL? Has anyone test driven it?
Old 5th June 2023, 12:55   #5195

A few observations/questions from the first month of ownership - Nexon XMA (White). Everyone has shared a detailed review with pics so i will cover some less-visited points:
  • Truly a delight to drive. Happy with my decision
  • I upgraded from a Nano (2007, MT) to Nexon AMT and it was a sea change for me. This car gets you out of your comfort zone. I read a lot about the A pillar blind spot. To be honest, the Nano has the same issue so it didn't feel any different.
  • I stick to City mode by default. Had to do a BLR-MYS trip and the sports mode was very useful when climbing the long inclines + maintaining 90-100 speed in the expressway. Changed it back to City on level ground or downward slopes. Is this the right way to use it?
  • Everytime I fill petrol, the mileage gets reset. For example, it reset to 35 on my last fill and gradually came down as i started driving. Not sure if I'm missing any config. Will read the manual in detail.
  • Every time I start the car, the default audio source is FM. Is there any way to set default as BT? Also, even if phone connects automatically on selecting BT, needs to select audio source as BT once again to hear any BT audio. It is mildly frustrating.
  • The back doors are unlocked only if I remove the key from ignition. Is this normal? Maybe I missed a few features given my car ownership history! Is there any other way to unlock the back doors for those outside without removing the key? Manually doing it from the driver seat is not as easy as the Nano.
trharish77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2023, 21:39   #5196
BHPian

A question for all Nexon AMT owners:

This may seem to be a very rookie question but I can’t figure it out for the life of me. I am looking after a Nexon Diesel AMT for sometime while the owner is out of town but I am not sure how to park it properly. How do I put the AMT in Park mode?

Thanks in advance.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 08:11   #5197
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
How do I put the AMT in Park mode?
No mode for parking. You can only use handbrake. Gear lever can be in any position - its inconsequential.
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 09:31   #5198
BHPian

There is no "P" or Park mode in Nexon AMT.
I usually put in "A" and use handbrake while parking.
Old 6th June 2023, 10:12   #5199
BHPian

Thanks for your response srm and sunilkm.

So, there is no way to lock the drivetrain when parked.

Is this not a design oversight? What if the handbrake fails when parked on a slope?
Old 6th June 2023, 11:41   #5200
Senior - BHPian

As a Nexon owner I can say it's a design flaw as the handbrake gets slack over time and I have faced the car sliding down steep slopes (Mine is manual)
Quote:
So, there is no way to lock the drivetrain when parked. Is this not a design oversight? What if the handbrake fails when parked on a slope?
Old 6th June 2023, 14:13   #5201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This may seem to be a very rookie question but I can’t figure it out for the life of me. I am looking after a Nexon Diesel AMT for sometime while the owner is out of town but I am not sure how to park it properly. How do I put the AMT in Park mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
No mode for parking. You can only use handbrake. Gear lever can be in any position - its inconsequential.
I'm sorry but the gear position is not inconsequential at all. Remember - AMT is exactly an MT mechanically. Just has an extra actuator setup that does the clutching & shifting for you. Use the gears exactly like you will in case of a manual car, for parking as well.

If on a downward slope - keep handbrake engaged & shift to "R" before switching the car off. Ensure the car is in reverse & then switch it off.
If on an upward incline - keep the handbrake engaged & shift to "D". Ensure the car is in 1st gear & then switch it off.

Its quite risky if you leave the car purely at the hand-brake's mercy on a slope. I'd suggest not to do so.
Reinhard is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 15:11   #5202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

If on a downward slope - keep handbrake engaged & shift to "R" before switching the car off. Ensure the car is in reverse & then switch it off.
If on an upward incline - keep the handbrake engaged & shift to "D". Ensure the car is in 1st gear & then switch it off.

You’re absolutely correct. It was quite hard to digest that the car should be left parked only with the help of the handbrake.

Tata Nexon : Official Review-img_7731.png

Also, the actual owner of the car had no idea about any of this. I think AMT cars should come with a dedicated warning label to make sure the driver doesn’t leave them parked in neutral.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2023, 17:25   #5203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
As a Nexon owner I can say it's a design flaw as the handbrake gets slack over time and I have faced the car sliding down steep slopes (Mine is manual)
Well, usually the hand brake has lifting mechanism which can be tighten, also do inspect the brakes too. A new pads with discs rotor lessens the lever travel.

Happy Driving!
Old 6th June 2023, 17:40   #5204
Senior - BHPian

Yes, thats what I did and its sorted, but I did face this. My point being; you cant depend on hand brake alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer1 View Post
Well, usually the hand brake has lifting mechanism which can be tighten, also do inspect the brakes too. A new pads with discs rotor lessens the lever travel
Old 7th June 2023, 17:34   #5205
BHPian

Hello,
I feel my Nexon petrol clutch is very tight. The SC said they made minor adjustment and lubricated it in the second service. I am starting to get left knee pain when I drive in bumper to bumper traffic and during long drives in the highway. I am aware that this is one inherent issue of Nexon. Any suggestions, mitigation plans or feedback will be greatly helpful and appreciated.
Bala02 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks